PDA

View Full Version : bug: Chokehold

JefTheReaper
25th May 2016, 08:22
I can't seem to find anyone else mentioning it on this forum, so I would like to raise awareness of this bug
when using the chokehold there is always a probability that the person you are knocking out actually dies for no reason, and instead gives you a non target kill penalty (that and a dead body of course)

I keep having this with a lot of random moments, but It ALWAYS happens in Sapienza when I try to knock out the helpchef who lives in the apartment one floor higher then the ICA safehouse. (the guy in his underwear)

Every time I try to knock him out with the chokehold, he dies.

It would be nice if this gets fixed soon.
Its not a big deal in most of the game, but for Elusive targets it really compromises my chance at getting the silent assassin rating if a enemy I try to knock out is going to die on me instead.

mrdude42
25th May 2016, 20:54
Yeah I'm experiencing that same bug on Xbox with that same character.

doom-generation
25th May 2016, 22:30
This is a bug that they have been aware of since Sapienza's launch. I'd expect it to be fixed with an update next week to go with Marrakesh's release.

AdenPhoenix
26th May 2016, 01:10
This is a bug that they have been aware of since Sapienza's launch. I'd expect it to be fixed with an update next week to go with Marrakesh's release.

I'm hoping they get all of them and not just this one, Dalia's bodyguard has this as well, as do certain security members in Sapienza.

Madness9237
26th May 2016, 07:03
Currently you only have to go to page 4 on the forum to find another thread revolving this issue. As doom-generation points out, this bug have existed for way to long. As I have mentioned earlier on the forum I believe this bug could, and might already have, compromise the Hitman franchise. In a game where stealth is of the essence and the high score is partly based on not killing non target npc's, this bug basically sets the game back to alpha state in my opinion.

doom-generation
26th May 2016, 14:38
I'm hoping they get all of them and not just this one, Dalia's bodyguard has this as well, as do certain security members in Sapienza.

It's not actually character specific, it's a location problem. It occurs when a character is too close to a wall. Try moving Rocco (the kitchen staff guy in the room above the safe house) into the middle of his bedroom using the coin, and you'll be able to knock him out normally.

Madness9237
26th May 2016, 16:07
I would like to point out that I've had this happen numerous times, even multiple feet from nearby walls.

JefTheReaper
26th May 2016, 16:18
It's not actually character specific, it's a location problem. It occurs when a character is too close to a wall. Try moving Rocco (the kitchen staff guy in the room above the safe house) into the middle of his bedroom using the coin, and you'll be able to knock him out normally.

yeah I had no luck with it ether in the past, I reloaded my game when it happened and saved my game the next time right before entering his room.
Tried about anything, luring him in the center of the room, luring him outside his apartment.

Eventually I just threw a wrench to his head.

MANBEHINDTHESCENES
27th May 2016, 04:05
47 is the new Lennie Small.

Denshar
27th May 2016, 19:32
Is there a dedicated section for bug fixes?
Are we sure the developers read this?

Because actually this **** bug cost me the silent assassin rating in the Elusive Target #2 !!!!!

I already had to restart once because I tried to pacify a guy and he was inexplicably killed. The second time, I was watching for these stupid alerts when I pacified people, got none.
I get the target, exit the mission, and... Non target-killed penalty !!

So yes, for a ******** mission you cannot retry once you've killed the target , it is totally *****ed up.

Is there a support service to complain? Because damn I get punished because they could not get rid of this???

matrich99
27th May 2016, 21:35
yeah I had no luck with it ether in the past, I reloaded my game when it happened and saved my game the next time right before entering his room.
Tried about anything, luring him in the center of the room, luring him outside his apartment.

Eventually I just threw a wrench to his head.

Why are you knocking him out anyway he doesn't spot you and you never really need to worry about him just go in and get his uniform.

Aside from that I have the same issue with the Elusive Target( I think it was one of his guards, probably the one I knocked out in the basement) and it cost me the SA on the ET#2 which I have been pissed about since I have done it. And as a Developer myself, it makes me even more mad because I know that it shouldn't be hard to set it to only knockout unless you do the snap neck action but I am not looking at their code so I don't know. It probably has something to do with the skeletons they use for the NPCs and if they get bent to much it simulates the bones snapping but the is a wild shot in the dark.

nazardo
27th May 2016, 22:37
I carefully made sure to only subdue using blunt objects only to lose my SA due to a phantom "spotted" bug on points screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPP30nIxQ_U&feature=youtu.be

Tell me where I was spotted in this run. Shot first camera well out of range. Destroyed evidence after that, not passing any other cameras on way. Never was spotted by any NPC. Zero indication anything was wrong. Big smile on face at end turned to a bitter frown when I magically was docked 20k for being spotted... somewhere... somehow. At least w/subdue bug you get feedback (sometimes) that it happened but with spotted bug you don't know until points screen, by which it is too late to restart.

I am OK w/bugs on everything else but on ET's they completely destroy the experience.

PLEASE FIX THESE GAME BREAKING BUGS!!!

__bob__
28th May 2016, 08:58
pretty much just registered to join in the *****-'n-stich here...these bugs are infuriating (not to mention unacceptable, but hey...we already bought the damn thing so who cares, right?...) i guess it's our own damn fault for shelling out the money and expecting a working product in exchange - pretty silly, i know... i mean, a few bugs here and there - not the end of the world. i'm no coder or developer, so i can only pretend to imagine the difficulty involved in making it all come together, and i know no one's perfect, and fully accept that there will always be some unforeseen developments that lead to a glitch here and there, and that's ok - not gonna lose any sleep over it... but this...i mean seriously - what the flying **** (oh no...a bad word...)

first there's the subdue/kill bug - pretty annoying, especially since it popped up (at least for me) AFTER i've completed paris and all escallations, which meant that one of the more prominent features of game play i've come accustomed to - the bait and choke - no longer worked... a bitter pill to swallow, certainly, but in the end not game breaking. i just started chucking non-lethal objects at skulls and, although a bit disappointed, the coveted silent assassin was once again within reach. i thought for sure the bug would be fixed (soon-ish) and the good ol' choke happy 47 would return to his nefarious doorway and corner antics in no time...still waiting...

and then elusive target # 2 came out...i spent the time studying his movements, figuring out his entourage's weak spots, how many poor sods would get a can of spaghetti sauce lobed at their unsuspecting heads, piecing together the correct timing of spawn point to evidence deletion to target area clearing, re-started time and time again to ensure not being spotted, and then finally, ready for the big run, i play through flawlessly - never spotted, all bodies safely stowed away, target eliminated silently, and a ****-eating grin on my face as i await for the coveted silent assassin challenge completed to pop up...

imagine my surprise then when not only do i not get the achievement, but i apparently killed a non target AND got spotted, mind you without EVER being notified of said sloppiness, earning me a paltry and infuriatingly disappointing 3 "star" (hitman heart/smoking silverballers/agaency logo/main icon whatever...) rating, which will forever remain a blemish on my otherwise perfect record...never to be replayed again...ever...for all eternity...a squalid failure not even remotely of my own making...

i mean, come on...seriously...how is it that with every new addition, the game actually breaks more? isn't it supposed to work the other way around?!? i'm afraid that by marrakesh, the game will simply register me as having dropped a dirty-bomb, mass-murdering everyone in sight and then conveniently holding an ambiguously stealthy press-conference on cnn about it...

jimbianco
28th May 2016, 17:51
but what else will the new update break? I'm dreading the 31st , yet looking forward to it.

JefTheReaper
29th May 2016, 14:17
but what else will the new update break? I'm dreading the 31st , yet looking forward to it.

Its somewhat of a rule that if software gets a update, it breaks something along with the things it fixed, unfortunately as someone who did a little programming I can relate. Its quite frustrating, especially with large scale projects like a game.

Even so the update's need to be made, the best scenario is that the largest bugs get completely fixed, and at the end of the cycle of the game just a few minor, nearly unnoticeable, or at least not game breaking bugs remain.

Its not perfect, but its how these things go, and in the end it will be better ether way.
Its Square Enix, over the past year they have been doing really well with most games they publish, so I don't think they will screw this up like a company as EA would, when HITMAN reaches the end of its final episode's and updates the game is most likely going to be with nearly no noticeable bugs left, or at least, that's my amount of faith in the dev team right now. :)