PDA

View Full Version : Okay, two more secrets at her house.

Les Effant Terrible
6th Jul 2002, 19:28
I heard that on TR 2 and 3 at her house on the course that if you beat it in less than 50 seconds two doors open in her house. One next to her bed and one in the library room. I always figured there was something in that room because it look liked there was something hiding in there. But it's impossible for me to beat in less than 1:30. I don't think there's any way to do that.
Somebody tell me the truth. :P

GoranAgar
6th Jul 2002, 20:59
Please read the PM I sent you! Thank you.

eTux
6th Jul 2002, 21:39
Originally posted by Les Effant Terrible
I heard that on TR 2 and 3 at her house on the course that if you beat it in less than 50 seconds two doors open in her house. One next to her bed and one in the library room. I always figured there was something in that room because it look liked there was something hiding in there. But it's impossible for me to beat in less than 1:30. I don't think there's any way to do that.
Somebody tell me the truth. :P

The door in her bedroom (TR2) can be opened in the last level of TR2,

In TR3 the only secret room I can think of is the one in the fireplace in the library, but there are no more secret rooms (except for the basement/aquarium in TR2 and 3, and the relic room in TR3) and especially ones that you can access if you beat the time course.

crimper
7th Jul 2002, 00:08
try this site

http://www.cubeit.com/ctimes/contest/tr2ac.htm

rimfire
7th Jul 2002, 00:48
I want this one!

I spent a fair amount of time checking this out.

First, there are two fake doors that never open. They are just textures (pictures of doors), not doors that the game engine is going to recognize as something that Lara can interact with. They are the two second-floor doorss toward the front of the house. If, in fact, they did open, the one next to Lara's bedroom would open into thin air. The other door would open into the same room as the other door along that wall.

The door in Lara's bedroom, the gun closet, is a real door. In TR2 Lara can open it if she has the key. She can't open it in the trainer because the key doesn't exist in that level and the room is empty in the trainer anyway. Later, in the "Home Sweet Home" level (a secret level you must find all the secrets to reach), Lara has the key in her inventory at the start of the level, and the closet contains a shotgun and ammo.

In the TR3 trainer, the room contains flares, and Lara can open the door just by pushing a button.

There is also a secret door on the first floor in both the TR2 and TR3 trainers. I hope I haven't mixed up which game is which here. I think it's TR2 that has the maze, and at the center of the maze is a button that opens the door. Getting back before it closes again is a timed puzzle. If Lara makes it back in time she can get to the basement where her treasures are stored. There's nothing to do here except maybe hit a bug that happens at the far end of the room. If Lara jumps at the right spot, she'll get stuck in the wall and can't get out.

In TR3 the timed puzzle to get through the door involves a hidden entrance in a fireplace, moving some boxes, and throwing a lever. Lara must run through the attic and down the stairs to reach the door before it closes. In this game the basement contains a giant aquarium, and Lara must swim through it to find the key that opens the door to the racetrack. The maze has been replaced by a race track complete with ATV for your driving pleasure!

Finally, there is yet ANOTHER secret door in TR3 that leads to the trophy room. To open this Lara must throw a switch by the swimming pool. This opens a door in the entryway and behind it is... another switch! This is another timed puzzle that tests Lara's ability to flip, dash, and to a diving roll in order to get through the trophy room door at the opposite side of the room.

There are also some totally empty spaces that are simply not filled in in the level map. Lara can't get into them and there's nothing there if she did. Even the walls are invisible as Core didn't bother to texture them. You can "enter" these areas with one of the level viewers available on the web. In particular, there is the space under the attic, the spaces beside the stairways, and, in TR2, the entire trophy room area.

I've got some pictures and stuff on my website, if you're interested:
http://lipps.org/tombraider/bugs/index.html

#######################

As a postscript, the 50 seconds is about right, for TR2 at least, but it isn't the assault course and those aren't the doors. Either someone is confused or having a bit of fun.

I don't think it's possible to finish the assault course in less than a minute, as has been noted. It takes longer than 50 seconds for Lara to just run around the house. I've heard there is a game-box cheat that can do this, but all the assault course gives you is experience and a score.