PDA

View Full Version : BUG: I Got the number 1 leaderboard score due to in game timer bug.

Chaddy123
20th May 2016, 14:19
The Einarsson Inception - Level 1 (Escalation Contract - XBOX ONE)

I was playing through the Escalation Contracts and upon playing this particular contract I got close to the number 1 score and decided to try and beat it.

After perfecting my run and getting it finished as quickly as I could I was still falling short of the number 1 spot by about 1000 points - my Time Bonus 00:00:55 - obviously I had to beat 55 seconds, but I was sure I couldn't do it much faster if at all.

After an hour or so of retrying I took a break and quit to the MAIN MENU and when I returned for another try at it,
I managed to do a perfect run on my first attempt and when I saw the score card at the end I had beaten the top score with a Time Bonus 00:0045 - I had beaten my normal time of 55 seconds by a whole 10 seconds without doing anything different as far as my run goes.

After some testing I realised that if you play this contract and keep hitting retry when you mess up etc... You end up with at least 10 seconds added to your Time Bonus versus loading from the Main Menu and finishing on the first attempt.

I managed to record a Time Bonus 00:00:44 when testing for confirmation and the only conclusion I can come to is that when you hit Retry - The in game timer must start at some point during the Load Screen.

I enjoy posting leaderboard scores, but when I found this BUG - I assumed it would be the same across all the contracts and gave up on the leaderboard until it's fixed.

I made this post as I couldn't find any confirmation of it being recognised and requiring a fix and the load times are long enough as it is without having to go back to the main menu and load fresh every time you want to try for a top score.

nazardo
20th May 2016, 19:49
Thank you for figuring this out! It was driving me nuts yesterday trying to replicate a speed run of an escalation I saw on YouTube. I almost convinced myself I simply wasn't as fluid but it turns out it was because I was replaying the escalation vs starting the mission fresh.

I posted a vid that proves the bug (or perhaps intentional time bonus?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiY9XzP6oIQ

I created a simple custom contract. Shoot the flower delivery guy and leave in the car.

1st run (no restart) -- starting at 1:12 get up from bench ---> 1:37 exit in car = 25 seconds ---> time reported: 14 seconds (!)

2nd run (after restart) -- starting at 2:26 get up from bench ---> 2:52 exit in car = 26 seconds ---> time reported: 26 seconds (!)

10-12 seconds less is a pretty big deal considering you need around 1:14 or less to get into 200k club of scoring...

Chaddy123
20th May 2016, 21:16
Great job nazardo on the vid that shows the issue, it would seem there is a delay on the timer when doing a fresh run for some reason.

Luckily I only spent a few hours going for a top score before realising there was a problem, I dread to think how much time others have wasted trying to do the impossible.

Like I said in my initial post though, it needs to be fixed, as the loading times are long enough just when retrying.

nazardo
20th May 2016, 23:22
Great job nazardo on the vid that shows the issue, it would seem there is a delay on the timer when doing a fresh run for some reason.

Luckily I only spent a few hours going for a top score before realising there was a problem, I dread to think how much time others have wasted trying to do the impossible.

Like I said in my initial post though, it needs to be fixed, as the loading times are long enough just when retrying.

Someone replied to my thread on Reddit and they contacted SE and someone there confirmed they reproduced the bug and are working on a fix :)

Chaddy123
21st May 2016, 01:09
That's great to hear, Thanks for spreading the word on this. :)

Chaddy123
1st Jun 2016, 20:48
The latest patch notes list this as one of the fixes: Fixed an issue where the use of savegames could result in incorrect calculation of the time bonus.

If this was supposed to fix the BUG that I originally highlighted, it hasn't.