PDA

View Full Version : An Eye for an Eye Challenge, too hard?

PizzaAttack
20th May 2016, 05:43
I spent hours trying to figure out what to do, and when I finally gave up. I shamefully checked YouTube. How long did you take to figure it out? Do you think the challenge is too hard?

MasterTaffer
20th May 2016, 05:54
Nah, I figured it out pretty fast after I discovered I could turn the observatory. After that it was just a matter of setting it up. I also discovered the electric box will turn the observatory if shot entirely by experimenting (I shot it to see if I could)

jimbianco
23rd May 2016, 07:32
it's more triggered nonsense that is ruining the game.

tph007
3rd Jun 2016, 04:41
I think that is part of the issue I have with this game. Trying to figure out what the challenges mean by following the list of challenges vs in game flow. I usually complete many of them in game from following the clues and since we are forced to play it over and over, you can't help to run into many of them. The ones I don't figure out at the end I will turn to youtube because quite honestly, I am so bored doing the same thing over and over and over and just want to be done with it. Next map, not going to bother with all the challenges, there is not any really benefit to completing them.

On that one I figured it out just from my own curiosity when I was on the roof hiding and exploring and the fact the church tower was an obvious sniper spot. But I could see how that would be a tricky one to figure out. I think I found it simply by luck. I don't remember any in game content that would have gave a clue to that but perhaps I just don't remember.

I had to go to youtube for the well challenge which I thought was stupid you had to create contract to complete it. it was not only too easy once you figure out what your suppose to do, there was really no way to know you had to create your own contract to complete it. Again, my issue with that is trying to decipher what the challenges are end up being far more difficult than actually completing the challenges.

There are a lot of poorly thought out challenges in this game that really kind of disconnect with the game and seem to have been thrown in only to give a sense of additional content. It feels very much like there was a lot of after thought put into some of those challenges.

HohesHaus
3rd Jun 2016, 08:35
I think that is part of the issue I have with this game. Trying to figure out what the challenges mean by following the list of challenges vs in game flow. I usually complete many of them in game from following the clues and since we are forced to play it over and over, you can't help to run into many of them. The ones I don't figure out at the end I will turn to youtube because quite honestly, I am so bored doing the same thing over and over and over and just want to be done with it. Next map, not going to bother with all the challenges, there is not any really benefit to completing them.

Truth. Though the Eye for an eye was possible to find out somehow the "Release the Kraken", is a pure easter egg which you won't find out without Youtube (in my opinion). Or the lamb dish in Marrakesch to poison the general. Without a Youtube video I would have never found out that I have to wake up the waiter in the streets. The information hint that the general is waiting for his food, was a good idea, but in ALL other Hitman games you were able to bring him the poisoned dish by yourself (remember the poisoned whisky in Contracts?). In Marrakesch you weren't able to, which made it way more harder to figure out.

All the challenges are both benefit and curse. You have a overview what you can do in the level, but it kills somehow the encourage to explore the level. I really don't know what to think about.

doom-generation
3rd Jun 2016, 18:25
Or the lamb dish in Marrakesch to poison the general. Without a Youtube video I would have never found out that I have to wake up the waiter in the streets. The information hint that the general is waiting for his food, was a good idea, but in ALL other Hitman games you were able to bring him the poisoned dish by yourself (remember the poisoned whisky in Contracts?). In Marrakesch you weren't able to, which made it way more harder to figure out.

What?! I've not come across this before.... you can get the General with poisoned lamb?

HohesHaus
3rd Jun 2016, 20:36
In the streets near the shoe shop, there is the owner of the shop in his orange suit. He walks to the dwell to smoke a cigarette, there in this street is a bag of free samples of dried banana or so, to the right the is a small blue street shop, inside it there is the dish. The waiter is sleeping behind a truck near a radio, I think it's near the snale sellers

Puiu13
3rd Jun 2016, 21:46
"Eye for on eye" i figured out after shooting the box and saw the observatory turning,it immediately crossed my mind that i can use the sniper rifle, but for the "Release the kraken" i've tried everything , i swear i even shot the bells with the sniper rifle (but not in the right order) before searching on youtube. I'm curious how do they even come up with that, how is someone supposed to figure it out.
:scratch: