PDA

View Full Version : (In)Appropriate threads

TheZaqw
20th May 2016, 01:42
Genuine criticisms and destructive criticisms are two separate territories. These forums are pretty open to all kinds of temperaments, just be careful when mentioning a moderator -- or anyone really. We're all a little frustrated with the delays and concerning inconsistencies. But I bet the development team wants nothing more than to make the best game they possibly can with the resources they're provided with; which is clearly not entirely up to par with the game's ambitions. This being said, transparency is always a open 'get out of jail free card' -- The development team listens; but they listen in silence, and the absence of a public voice can really come back to bite 'great intentions' in the heinie.
EDIT: for the updates that we do receive, just use their website more often. There is info elsewhere.

Immadummee
20th May 2016, 02:17
Genuine criticisms and destructive criticisms are two separate territories. These forums are pretty open to all kinds of temperaments, just be careful when mentioning a moderator -- or anyone really. We're all a little frustrated with the delays and concerning inconsistencies. But I bet the development team wants nothing more than to make the best game they possibly can with the resources they're provided with; which is clearly not entirely up to par with the game's ambitions. This being said, transparency is always a open 'get out of jail free card' -- The development team listens; but they listen in silence, and the absence of a public voice can really come back to bite 'great intentions' in the heinie.

I have my beefs with the game from bugs, glitches and even the logic behind some gameplay mechanics, but never in a million years would I ever insult the devs for it. No game will ever be perfect and we can only help and hope that it gets fixed to our liking.

And on that, it's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.

Puiu13
21st May 2016, 08:07
Genuine criticisms and destructive criticisms are two separate territories.

Totally agree with you, unfortunately the "destructive criticisms" is more common in this forum.

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 11:47
Totally agree with you, unfortunately the "destructive criticisms" is more common in this forum.

I agree with you and the OP. Hopefully as time goes on and the game gets more updates, the frustration-born threads will whittle away.

Psycidelicos
21st May 2016, 12:05
http://s32.postimg.org/4epsikc1x/image.jpg
I agree with you and the OP. Hopefully as time goes on and the game gets more updates, the frustration-born threads will whittle away.

jayjasonjayman
21st May 2016, 17:12
Im just as pissed as everybody else about the issues but one thing ive been seeing a lot is retaliation at travis specifically. From what i gather hes not a developer. I think hes a volunteer forum moderator. He cant fix our problems.

Driber
21st May 2016, 21:59
EDIT: for the updates that we do receive, just use their website more often. There is info elsewhere.

Thanks for this, TheZaqw. You are quite right. Indeed, we welcome both positive and negative feedback on this forum, but we draw a line at abusive language targeted at specific members, devs, or forum staff. Other than that, we are usually quite lenient.

Remember, you guys can help us with making this forum a constructive place to discuss the ups and downs of the game. When you spot posts that cross the line, report it and the staff will deal with it accordingly.