PDA

View Full Version : Style Suggestion

M0nK3Y-
18th May 2016, 18:08
Here's a story I wrote after playing FFX Re-master on steam.

You're waking up to the sound of gulls that squawk up above, in a sky your eyes conceal.

A cool breeze passes you and highlights your sprinkled wet front-half.

Your head is as light as a feather, and it feels like your floating on water.

“This is the moment that you've all been waiting for!”
A loud male voice is broadcast over speakers some distance ahead, as thousands of people cheer.

Your eyes glint open to blue and yellow, slowly seizing the glare of daylight.

The colours are put in their places, into a sky that shimmers and onto the brilliant Sun that rules there; and they put you in your place, as the world is cast in your view.

You're afloat in an ocean, not so far from land.

You push down your legs to meet sand, splashing in the clear water that you look across, the way that the cheers came from.

You look over the tops of tropic wilds, and small, wood shacks, to a larger-than-life stadium. A sandy beach that's a swim away welcomes you.

A galore of strange, colourful orbs, race to the sky from the open roof of the arena. At heights, they burst like bubbles, into short-lived, swirls.

You look down at your reflection to your hazel eyes, adorned with palpitations that look like black branches. Your hair is short black, with a messed-up fringe. Your stern nose is barely broken, and your strawberry lips are apart, as you take in this moment.

You pull your hands above the surface. Your palms are soft and pale, and the tips of your fingers are pink and rounded from nails chewed away. You look at your thin, toned forearms; and at the blueish veins that run like rivers across your skin.

The Point
I've played Final Fantasy since 7, and have dabbled a little in the prior games (even catching onto the developers own 'conspiracy'(or what they want to say)), and the style and technicality, I think, has deviated.

In FFXIII, which I like regardless, the stylish and technical aspects are nowhere near as good as X.

Playing X again, I'm 10x more gripped, and it makes my imagination run wild with creativity- whereas playing XIII, I say without trying to offend, feel a little depressed.

We need more pointless rooms with characters to speak to, giving us lore; we need more treasure chests and especially a more complex level-up system.

Remember at all times, you are in charge; don't listen to the fans. I want a SquareEnix game, not a hybrid!