PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 will be released after June 16th?

caifuxi623
18th May 2016, 17:21
According to the news from Square Enix about their plan for E3 2016, the will be "be releasing information about the third installment of our seven-part World of Assassination experience", which means they will not release Episode 3 before E3 2016.
If this is true, it sucks. I already wait for a month and get really bored with the Paris and Sapienza map. Now they tell me to wait for another month for the Morocco map. What did they say when they promise one episode per month? Whoever responsible for hitman episodic release has done a terrible job. SE has made a really stupid decision this time.
Also, given they haven't shown any thing about the last three episodes: Thailand, San Diego and Japan, I wonder if they are still designing those maps. Anyway, this really sucks

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/05/square-enix-announces-initial-e3-2016-plans#pYCpl1BHeRY3hQHL.99

TheZaqw
18th May 2016, 18:12
I back them up a lot, and give them credit where it is very much due -- but shame on them if this is true. The episodic release was fundamentally controversial and now they're validating that very sentiment with their failure to back it up with efficiency and integrity. It was to be out this month -- now the last quarter of June; if even then?

The fate of the last four episodes are looking increasingly grim. Wouldn't a solid single player experience suffice with a franchise like Hitman? The things they did right are in jeopardy of being done in vain.

Despite this; they do listen to our feedback. It's more on square Enix than the talented development team.

jayinatlanta
18th May 2016, 19:48
Shockingly disappointing if they can't live up to giving us installments on a monthly basis.
Or perhaps not so shocking...but definitely disappointing.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
19th May 2016, 03:26
honestly, i want them to cancel the last 3 maps and focus on making and perfecting the next game. make the maps feel more realistic, add a day/night cycle or something that depicts Progression with time, work on more npc routes, add more conversations, maybe even use this engine to make a completely different game with the same elements.

also, id love it if they re-released the Yacht map as an actual location instead of a test map. actual ocean, actual boat, more happening in the map, etc. these 5 maps alone would be an insane little game all its own.

jayjasonjayman
19th May 2016, 06:09
Im very disappointed with the episodic format. And before all the heroes in this forum come to the rescue...ill admit this: yes i knew what i signed up for when i pre ordered an episodic game. But now that its here and ive experienced it, i can honestly say that ill never buy another episodic game ever again. What a scam. This is what ive done with hitman so far: play for 3 days do everything i possibly can, then i dont touch it for another 3 and a half weeks till the new level comes out. Then same thing. Played for 3 days, now ill forget about it again until the new level, whenever that may or may not be. Le sigh. This is definitely not how i wanted my hitman experience to be.

jimbianco
19th May 2016, 07:42
San Diego? No mention at all was made about San Diego. You're thinking of "A New Life" in Blood Money

Psycidelicos
19th May 2016, 22:32
I bought the full experience under the impression that IO would have the self respect as a company to at least come close to making their release dates.

Everything is being delayed way past the dates they gave us originally. Even worse I feel Travis and IO lack the basic integrity to show any remorse for releasing such a buggy rushed product. This is the kind of shoddy work that results in people's careers being lost in other industries.

I have never felt more conned outside of the MMO industry which is notorious for releasing subpar crap and treating its customers like the enemy.

This game showed shades of greatness but unless IO starts to seriously improve its communication skills and their ability to develop this game I plan to use what I see as selective honesty paired with an inability to release a quality product in any reasonable timeframe or communicate the true state of the project as reasoning to try to get a refund.

Seriously Mid June just to hear something? We got conned here guys. I hope careers are ended based on this ball drop.

Immadummee
19th May 2016, 22:46
Although the delay per episode isn't the greatest, id rather they delay the release of an episode and make sure it's polished as opposed to rushing it out and patching it as we go.

Quality over quantity, people.

Psycidelicos
19th May 2016, 22:55
I won't disagree. I can wait. Their lack of communication however makes me feel their incapable of truly improving the product. If their idea of success is reskinning the IC19 and adding glow sights for its Master Crafted Version while filling Sapienza with bodyguard models and having half the town empty that's disgusting.

I feel the code is either so difficult for them to develop around or that they are so underfunded and understaffed that we are now going to be subjected to constant delays for the same incomplete bugged mess we have gotten from the first two levels.

This game got so much right with level design. It's a shame it's bugged and lacks any quality in regards to character models balancing and voice overs.

I was hoping for a gradual improvement starting with their ability to at least make a single release date on time.

A part of me wants to wait this out. I can afford it. Another part seriously wants a refund. Crap like this shouldn't be tolerated in any industry.

semajmarc87
20th May 2016, 01:47
I'm not surprised one bit.

AZAZEAL7A
20th May 2016, 11:01
Although the delay per episode isn't the greatest, id rather they delay the release of an episode and make sure it's polished as opposed to rushing it out and patching it as we go.

Quality over quantity, people.

Then where is the quality dual wielding, quality human shield, quality blood decals/blood trails, quality gun mechanics...there's not even a quality briefcase for the sniper rifle...
There is plenty more where that came from (47s non-existent gloves), at least we've got the vampire costume and some weapon skins lol.

kaneten
20th May 2016, 19:07
Let's not forget this (https://www.facebook.com/hitman/posts/10154196739478987:0):

http://i.imgur.com/XwH7Ugm.png

So far all we've really got is "We'll be announcing the release date for Marrakesh next week." [x (https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/733728641188696064)] Considering we've been given a full week's notice for the second elusive target, it seems very unlikely we're going to be getting Episode 3 this month.

Edit: Apparently it "won't be after E3 in June (https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/733734582902611968)", so the latest date we can expect is June 13, which would be 2 days longer than the time between Paris and Sapienza. Still isn't May, though, is it?

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 01:05
Let's not forget this (https://www.facebook.com/hitman/posts/10154196739478987:0):

http://i.imgur.com/XwH7Ugm.png

I applaud whoever wrote that reply. Pointless sass deserves an appropriate answer.

Psycidelicos
21st May 2016, 01:14
I applaud whoever wrote that reply. Pointless sass deserves an appropriate answer.

I'm sure they have a bright future ahead of them moderating a mobile game websites forum or alpha testing a spider man game for EA Orlando under slave labor conditions.

What's your secret by the way no teeth?

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 06:30

That is the third post by you I've read in as many minutes that I don't know what the **** you are on about.

Puiu13
21st May 2016, 07:44
I applaud whoever wrote that reply.

Me too,

This time i will send a box of coockies.

Hi Doom :wave:

That is the third post by you I've read in as many minutes that I don't know what the **** you are on about.

Same here :lol:

AZAZEAL7A
21st May 2016, 11:14

It's plainly obvious what he's on about, it's called English...he also has more logic than you do, he's angry and rightly so...

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 11:51
I bought the full experience under the impression that IO would have the self respect as a company to at least come close to making their release dates.

Self respect doesn't come into it. It's games development, **** happens. And unlike many other industries, it can't always be foreseen or planned for.

Seriously Mid June just to hear something? We got conned here guys. I hope careers are ended based on this ball drop.

That's a pretty awful thing to say... :(

Hi Doom :wave:

'Sup :cool:

It's plainly obvious what he's on about, it's called English...he also has more logic than you do, he's angry and rightly so...

Really? That's English? Odd that I've taught it but don't recognise it. Please then explain to me, your majesty, what the hell he means by "What's your secret by the way no teeth?"

Psycidelicos
21st May 2016, 11:59
Self respect doesn't come into it. It's games development, **** happens. And unlike many other industries, it can't always be foreseen or planned for.

That's a pretty awful thing to say... :(

Really? That's English? Odd that I've taught it but don't recognise it. Please then explain to me, your majesty, what the hell he means by "What's your secret by the way no teeth?"

http://s32.postimg.org/cxcz4la85/image.jpg

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 12:09
http://s32.postimg.org/cxcz4la85/image.jpg

Well, you sure are determined to be negative while offering nothing actually constructive, aren't you? Have fun with that.

Psycidelicos
21st May 2016, 12:15
Well, you sure are determined to be negative while offering nothing actually constructive, aren't you? Have fun with that.

http://s32.postimg.org/aeu4n8745/image.jpg

PS. Here's something constructive maybe they should sell some of those 3k USD Chesterfield Sofas at the IO offices and hire some voice actors.

jayjasonjayman
21st May 2016, 16:51

Haha i love it. Well done sir

Hitman_Limerick
21st May 2016, 17:53
honestly, i want them to cancel the last 3 maps and focus on making and perfecting the next game. make the maps feel more realistic, add a day/night cycle or something that depicts Progression with time, work on more npc routes, add more conversations, maybe even use this engine to make a completely different game with the same elements.

also, id love it if they re-released the Yacht map as an actual location instead of a test map. actual ocean, actual boat, more happening in the map, etc. these 5 maps alone would be an insane little game all its own.

nonono... Don't Cancel the last 3 maps, i paid $60 for 2 test maps and 2 full maps? No Wai Brah...

I pre-ordered the full experience, in good faith, what i want is the full Experience, total bummer about not releasing Morocco until after E3, why not RELEASE MOROCCO, THEN SHOWCASE PREVIEWS OF THAILAND AT E3?

Would make more folks happy, given they can honestly showcase Paris, Sapienza, and Morcco in public without leaks, and have Thailand as a teaser for the next Episode as an Early Exclusive!?!

AZAZEAL7A
21st May 2016, 22:46

It's a phrase used to confuse someone when they say something really stupid...to be honest you should've just googled it, plus it was only one line so what about the rest of it and the other two comments?...what else do you find difficult to comprehend?

I have noticed that you are generally condescending to anyone who is frustrated with the game and the developers, so I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine.

I like the hitman games (up to blood money) but this one falls short by quite a lot...It's the equivalent of Ubisoft releasing the next splinter cell in episodic format but a third of the way through there's still dodgy gun mechanics and they still haven't added sam fishers night vision/thermal goggles (the zombie outfit was added in though so it's ok)...
There are several things missing from this hitman that should've been there from the beginning (somehow a load of random low priority stuff made a in), not to mention all the other problems.
Our concerns are valid, so treat them as such instead of being condescending and deliberately problematic on so many threads.

doom-generation
21st May 2016, 22:56
It's a phrase used to confuse someone when they say something really stupid...to be honest you should've just googled it, plus it was only one line so what about the rest of it and the other two comments?...what else do you find difficult to comprehend?

I have noticed that you are generally condescending to anyone who is frustrated with the game and the developers, so I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine.

I like the hitman games (up to blood money) but this one falls short by quite a lot...It's the equivalent of Ubisoft releasing the next splinter cell in episodic format but a third of the way through there's still dodgy gun mechanics and they still haven't added sam fishers night vision/thermal goggles (the zombie outfit was added in though so it's ok)...
There are several things missing from this hitman that should've been there from the beginning (somehow a load of random low priority stuff made a in), not to mention all the other problems.
Our concerns are valid, so treat them as such instead of being condescending and deliberately problematic on so many threads.

I meant that comment specifically. I'm not intending to be condescending or deliberately problematic at all, but can't help it if that's what you infer. If I disagree with things, I'm gonna say so, simple as that. I try to explain my position and back up my reasoning. If you don't like that I have a different opinion, that's your problem.

AZAZEAL7A
21st May 2016, 23:19

Sounds to me as if you are blanketing everything he said to be incomprehensible...

I meant that comment specifically. I'm not intending to be condescending or deliberately problematic at all, but can't help it if that's what you infer. If I disagree with things, I'm gonna say so, simple as that. I try to explain my position and back up my reasoning. If you don't like that I have a different opinion, that's your problem.

And if I disagree with you I'm going to say so too, but I don't start throwing in condescending remarks like you do...The fact is it wouldn't be a problem if you weren't on so many threads putting down anyone who comments anything negative about the game, 452 posts lol it's almost like you're on a crusade...

Anyway I'm off to bed, we will continue this swashbuckling later on if I can be bothered...night night x

doom-generation
22nd May 2016, 01:11
I meant in that instance, but yes, several of his posts across different threads were... confusing. And just plain spiteful.

I've no interest in "swashbuckling". I would however like to know what you interperet as condescending, and which posts of mine you consider as such. And as I've said before, I don't think the game is perfect by any stretch, hell I've made jokes about certain elements of it. But I do see the reasoning behind a lot of the Dev's decisions, no matter how unpopular they are, and that's what I try to convey.

But yeah, PM me if you wanna talk about it, just so we're not taking over the thread.

AZAZEAL7A
22nd May 2016, 20:13
I meant in that instance, but yes, several of his posts across different threads were... confusing. And just plain spiteful.

As I said before, he is angry and rightly so...there is no need for you and the rest of the Musketeers to jump in at every given opportunity...

But I do see the reasoning behind a lot of the Dev's decisions, no matter how unpopular they are, and that's what I try to convey.

Their reasoning is money, they couldn't care less if the game is designed specifically for 12-year-olds as long as they get their money...Whomever is pulling the strings is a complete Muppet and is not listening to the fans (It's quite possible that the developers themselves are just as powerless as we are), it could be such a good game...:(

doom-generation
22nd May 2016, 21:40
As I said before, he is angry and rightly so...there is no need for you and the rest of the Musketeers to jump in at every given opportunity...

There's no problem with people being angry if they don't like the game, but it was the things he was saying that weren't acceptable. Going after individual devs is uncalled for and pointless. So yes, there was a need.

AZAZEAL7A
22nd May 2016, 23:33
There's no problem with people being angry if they don't like the game, but it was the things he was saying that weren't acceptable. Going after individual devs is uncalled for and pointless. So yes, there was a need.

I do agree that him insulting a dev in another thread was pointless, but then again posting anything seems to be pointless at the moment when nothing is done about the problems and missing items/mechanics we express our dissatisfaction about (still no human shield when I've heard it was already in the beta etc) and now constant delays...so I can understand why he's so angry because I'm not best pleased myself...

Norland23
24th May 2016, 03:58
Morocco is coming out this month in may. STFU winy little baby

Donax666
25th May 2016, 16:53
****in gamers that post on forums are the worst lot of people.

jayinatlanta
25th May 2016, 17:33
Looks for now like the naysayers were wrong and fortunately IO/SE is delivering episodes per calendar month as promised.
https://hitman.com/news/episode-three-release-date

AZAZEAL7A
26th May 2016, 14:21
****in gamers that post on forums are the worst lot of people.

Love the irony lol, welcome to the club...

Donax666
26th May 2016, 17:55
Love the irony lol, welcome to the club...
Yeah, I'm fully aware of the irony of it :P

Hitman_Limerick
26th May 2016, 21:03
Looks for now like the naysayers were wrong and fortunately IO/SE is delivering episodes per calendar month as promised.
https://hitman.com/news/episode-three-release-date

Ha!

/me wonders if my suggestion in multiple threads about releasing Morrocco on time, and giving E3 insiders a sneak-peek at upcoming Thailand actually worked?

jimbianco
27th May 2016, 16:22
just one more example of idiotic speculation that snowballed from one stupid article on E3

kaneten
29th May 2016, 05:04
just one more example of idiotic speculation that snowballed from one stupid article on E3

It was definitely speculation, but I struggle to see how it was "idiotic". After all, they gave us more notice for the second elusive target — a feature that was originally intended to appear out of nowhere — than a full blown episode release. There was a lot to suggest that a delay was looming (Sapienza being released so far from Paris, lack of announcement, E3 post, other late features).

They knew people would be pretty annoyed if Morocco didn't make it in May, so the other week they started telling us they'd give us the release date "next week" (which was last week). Why such a short period between announcing and release, despite everything else getting much more notice? Seems they were seeing if they could rush it out the door just in time, and they've decided to have a crack at it.

I hope I'm wrong, though! I hope Morocco arrives nice and polished, with the sound and graphics working properly for PC, and if it does I can already tell it's gonna be a blast.

JefTheReaper
29th May 2016, 14:13
Frankly I don't really care when the next episode comes out, as long as I'm not given any false data then I'm fine with it.
I don't want it to soon as I don't want a half finished product.
As long as the episode's themselves are not released per year then Its all fine by me.