PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Classes for All

Oghamsmith
17th May 2016, 10:30
Hi there everyone,

While Nosgoth is closing in the not-too distant future, people have been asking about getting to play the classes that they’ve yet to unlock. As Nosgoth’s classes play in such significantly different ways, we absolutely want to give everyone the chance to play all of them. There’s not a lot of time for people to unlock those classes by leveling up, so we’ll be stocking everyone’s inventory with enough Class Unlock Artifacts to access all classes.

Inventories will start to receive these artifacts today at 3pm BST (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160517T15&p1=136). The process will take about an hour to deliver the artifacts to everyone.

--------------------------------------

As an aside, those of you having difficulty getting into servers may want to try searching for matches in the European region, as there are significantly more people playing there than anywhere else.

We do hope that you enjoy the last couple of weeks of Nosgoth's life.

Vampmaster
17th May 2016, 11:09
A few people were asking whether skins and items could all be unlocked too. Would that be a possibility?

Also, do you have any news on leaving gifts or art packages get? How's it looking with getting the Rahabim concept art released? Don't worry about whether it's representative of the final product. Nosgoth has already made all the impression it's going to make on fans.

lucinvampire
17th May 2016, 11:26
:thumb: thanks I'm sure this will make those who haven't unlocked the classes happy.

Yep EU is usually ok in the evening, we usually find a lobby in a minute or two.

Oghamsmith
17th May 2016, 13:58
There won't be any changes to skins and items I'm afraid, no. We wanted to make all of the classes available to everyone as they bring such dramatic diversity to the way you can play the game.

I'm putting together some packages of high quality and high resolution screenshots for each of the classes at the moment.

I can't say whether or not we'll be releasing the Rahabim concept yet, I simply don't know right now. The discussion, and subsequent points that came about as a result, are taking a lot longer to make any progress with than we had initially hoped. We're still working on that, but I can't promise anything.

ZiggyPox
17th May 2016, 17:52
I have been a good player and I have all Classes unlocked allready :)

But what makes me happy is pack of screenshots you are going to prepare, I'm such sucker for Nosgothic aesthetics...

They are so... meaty and primal while pretending not to be under layers of rich textiles and jewelery.

ParadoxicalOmen
17th May 2016, 17:55
I'm putting together some packages of high quality and high resolution screenshots for each of the classes at the moment.

That awesome, thanks.

I can't say whether or not we'll be releasing the Rahabim concept yet, I simply don't know right now. The discussion, and subsequent points that came about as a result, are taking a lot longer to make any progress with than we had initially hoped. We're still working on that, but I can't promise anything.

Please try to convince them, it would be really nice...
Personally the Rahabim are my favorite, and was the one i was anticipating the most...throw me (us) a bone, will ya? :p

harmless-violet
17th May 2016, 21:00
There won't be any changes to skins and items I'm afraid, no.

Too bad. I hope all will reconsider; I'd like to get some screenshots of both teams fly af.

However, thank you; it helps to know everyone coming in late still gets to try out everything.

Vampmaster
19th May 2016, 10:25
There won't be any changes to skins and items I'm afraid, no. We wanted to make all of the classes available to everyone as they bring such dramatic diversity to the way you can play the game.

I'm aware you've already passed on the requests about the Rahabim. I just don't know what else I can do to help it happen besides continuing to ask.

Thanks for putting the screenshots together. Do you think you can include a few of them isolated from the environment? Like in Max or Maya or something? Is there any unseen concept art you'd be allowed to show or is that the same legal issues as the Rahabim? I heard some classes had up to 15 or 20 variations considered even though only a few made it into the game. Do you think you should show us some of those?

EDIT: What about the skyboxes? Can we get a look at those?

Oghamsmith
19th May 2016, 11:08
Hey there,

There's not much more for you to do regarding the Rahabim request. Some progress was made yesterday, we'll see how things pan out over the next few days.

The images that we have were taken either in-game or in-engine, set within Nosgoth's maps. We don't have any from external tools. Some classes do have quite a few more skin concepts than what made it into the game. We won't be releasing any of the unreleased skin concepts. We tended to push the most interesting & diverse skins to full production. The best stuff made it into the game. Some of the concepts didn't really work, so I'm afraid we won't be showing those off.

Vampmaster
19th May 2016, 11:13
Hey there,

There's not much more for you to do regarding the Rahabim request. Some progress was made yesterday, we'll see how things pan out over the next few days.

Yay! Fingers crossed! :)

The images that we have were taken either in-game or in-engine, set within Nosgoth's maps. We don't have any from external tools. Some classes do have quite a few more skin concepts than what made it into the game. We won't be releasing any of the unreleased skin concepts. We tended to push the most interesting & diverse skins to full production. The best stuff made it into the game. Some of the concepts didn't really work, so I'm afraid we won't be showing those off.

Aww. :(

Captain3009
19th May 2016, 17:22
Somethings wrong with the game, I can't find the Rahabim to unlock. :D:D:D

ParadoxicalOmen
19th May 2016, 20:48
Hey there,

Im not greedy, i'd be happy just by getting any form of concept art or alpha model screenshot :p
(So i can imagine how cool it would have been...and also cry that the game is ending in less than 2 weeks from now)

Oghamsmith
23rd May 2016, 16:28
Hello everyone. I'm happy to say that I come bearing a small bit of good news during these dark times. We are indeed able to publish the Rahabim concept art.

Before I do so however, I would like to jog your memories about this:

Morning everyone,

The website will most likely be taken offline alongside the forum, yes.

Regarding the Rahab concept art. It being unfinished is problematic. We may not necessarily have released the class looking like the current concept art whatsoever. This isn't a case of a few points of detail needing to be adjusted. It's possible that a major rework of the entire aesthetic could have happened before release. The notion that everyone's memory of this long-awaited class would be of an aesthetic that may upset quite a lot of people, and may not have even seen the light of day; is one that sits uneasy with us.

We're still not 100% comfortable about releasing this, however given the desire within the community for some closure on the topic, we are happy to at least provide a small bit of support to those looking for this.

So, without further ado; here is the Rahabim concept art.

We hope that the concept at least helps, and that maybe some of you enjoy them.
Thanks guys & gals.
Oghamsmith

Vampmaster
23rd May 2016, 16:55
Hello everyone. I'm happy to say that I come bearing a small bit of good news during these dark times. We are indeed able to publish the Rahabim concept art.

We're still not 100% comfortable about releasing this, however given the desire within the community for some closure on the topic, we are happy to at least provide a small bit of support to those looking for this.

Thanks guys & gals.
Oghamsmith

Thank you so much! Hopefully they can be used in some fan art or cosplays, so at least they can live on in some form. I don't suppose there were any other variants. They typically come in sets of four based on previous classes. I know it was already a longshot that you could release even these, but I have to try asking.

Maybe some fans could make 3D models of them too.

Oghamsmith
23rd May 2016, 17:10
Glad to see that you're happy about the release :).

No, I'm afraid that we won't be releasing any more Rahabim images.

Varulven
23rd May 2016, 17:38
Glad to see that you're happy about the release :).

No, I'm afraid that we won't be releasing any more Rahabim images.

Well, that's something I could work with (even if I have a comepletely different drawing style lol)

GenFeelGood
23rd May 2016, 17:52
Oh wow, you got me going through a range of emotion. I'm excited to be seeing them, I'm overjoyed at how good they look, and I'm sad that this is as close as I'm probably ever going to be getting to them.

I understand that these don't necessarily represent what the finished product would have been; but I see some the best from the idea thread shared between them, they look like beauties that mask a hidden savagery.

The mouth has the cuts that makes me think they have a huge bite radius of razor sharp teeth, which is concealed behind what appears to be the only smiles I've ever seen from any class in the Nosgoth game; and it just goes to show disarming a smile can be, if I didn't know they were vamps I might confuse them for humans. On one design the presence of scaling is visible and I love how it was applied. On the other design I see what looks like the formation of gills along the ribs, right where I'd hope they'd be if they were present.

If this era is ever revisited in another game, I hope we get to see all the classes again; and I hope the Rahabim's design borrows heavily from these.

Thank You

Ysanoire
23rd May 2016, 20:04
*sigh* She would have been amazing.

I can imagine the final release would probably have been made less human and more scaly, but it could entirely have been close to this.

Well, thanks for sharing.

lucinvampire
23rd May 2016, 20:50
Thank you for sharing the class with us, it's nice to get something just to answer all the "what if" questions and to get a bit of closure in a way. But boy does she look an awesome class, love the design very swish and sleek. I definitely would have loved to spend my money knitting her out and killing stuff with her, shame that'll never be now, but I'm glad you were able to share her, as she's lush!

NiamaraWeee
24th May 2016, 02:56
Woah! I love these concepts! They look awesome...! One of the things you guys were always good at (imo), was designing the looks of the classes and skins. Like Ysanoire said, they probably would've gotten a few more scales or something, to further indicate what they were to become in a distant future...

It's a shame, really... and it hurts, never going to see them in action or getting to play them... definitely looks like it would've been a cool class... and makes me wonder, what their evolved skins would've looked like! :o

And so it ends... we've come full circle. :poke:

Well, thank you very much for sharing this at least...! :)

Khalith
24th May 2016, 10:56
She looks awesome, suits the Rahabim idea perfectly in my opinion. I'm sorry we'll never get to play her, I could only imagine what her moves would have been like. But it definitely gave me a small sense of closure.

GenFeelGood
25th May 2016, 18:13
I feel like they deserve a class name. Siren was one of the more popular suggestions from the idea thread, so that is what I'll call them

Zarxiel93
25th May 2016, 18:50
I feel like they deserve a class name. Siren was one of the more popular suggestions from the idea thread, so that is what I'll call them

Really? Yesterday I discussed with my brother and I said "Siren" too, WITHOUT know this name already was proposed XD I hope to know they role and maybe they abilities (if they thinked about them)

ParadoxicalOmen
26th May 2016, 22:07

Thanks guys & gals.
Oghamsmith

HOLY ****
This stuff is just freakin awesome...man this makes me so glad and sad at the same time.

Damn, she would probably have been amazing...ooooh, why must Nosgoth end?! </3

Curses!!!

Ygdrasel
27th May 2016, 04:55
Really? Yesterday I discussed with my brother and I said "Siren" too, WITHOUT know this name already was proposed XD I hope to know they role and maybe they abilities (if they thinked about them)

Their role was discussed in an interview once. They were apparently to be spec ops/saboteurs. This would make "Siren" a somewhat poor title though.

harmless-violet
27th May 2016, 22:03
Their role was discussed in an interview once. They were apparently to be spec ops/saboteurs. This would make "Siren" a somewhat poor title though.

Depends, if they were able to hide their fishy looks they'd be very good at setting up ambushes.

Oh, Nosgoth. Such a terrible waste. Thank you for releasing it. I would have loved to play it. I bought two versions of the game on steam and I would have bought all her skins.

ParadoxicalOmen
29th May 2016, 16:01
Oh, Nosgoth. Such a terrible waste. Thank you for releasing it. I would have loved to play it. I bought two versions of the game on steam and I would have bought all her skins.

Me when i realize the game ends in 2 days; and how awesome Rahabim is and we'll never get to try her:
https://youtu.be/Yc5kOgm5HyQ?t=30s

LordOnatu
7th Jun 2016, 22:12
I lurk. I am a lurker. Lord Onatu lurks, and watches. Ok, I'm in a fantasy mood. I just watched Warcraft and enjoyed myself and i see a game series that has been here for years upon years and it has finally reached the big screen. I love Warcraft, but it makes me angry. Y Warcraft and not the LoK. Kain has been there just as long and yet the series consistently struggles to even make a sequel. A simply sequel. Instead we get a cancelled sequel, some bollocks named Dead Sun and from the corpse of the Suns ashes we got Nosgoth.

I loved and adored Nosgoth. I played as Turelim and fancied myself Morlock. But now it too has been dragged back into the earth like the fonts of Sr2. I offer a prayer to Turel in his madness.

But a light. Some, not all, of the Rahabim concept is released. It is juicy. I ate it up, but I smell no blood.
I formally request more. More concept art. More in game art, videos, animations Tec. Evolved skins, and please, MOST OF ALL, a list of their skill set. Even a broken list would still offer ideas into how they would have worked.

Please. For me. For a dedicated fan who has been there since Bo1. Has brought every game, every comics, every t-shirt and tried so hard to buy a reader replica. I have dreamed of this series I have wrote ideas for four games. Please, for me for us for the Legacy of Kain. Let us know it all, give us that, what we deserve, and I promise you that you will go down in history as not another bunch of guys and gals behind another failed game, but you will reach a level of hero worship as the ones who gave us all they truly could.

Become legend.

Until then... I lurk as I always do.

ParadoxicalOmen
8th Jun 2016, 01:33
But a light. Some, not all, of the Rahabim concept is released. It is juicy. I ate it up, but I smell no blood.
I formally request more. More concept art. More in game art, videos, animations Tec. Evolved skins, and please, MOST OF ALL, a list of their skill set. Even a broken list would still offer ideas into how they would have worked.

I second that...it would be just lovely to know. Again, Rahabim is the one i cared for the most...it always bummed me how she was left last. It'd ease my hurting soul to know...

Please. For me. For a dedicated fan who has been there since Bo1. Has brought every game, every comics, every t-shirt and tried so hard to buy a reader replica. I have dreamed of this series I have wrote ideas for four games. Please, for me for us for the Legacy of Kain. Let us know it all, give us that, what we deserve, and I promise you that you will go down in history as not another bunch of guys and gals behind another failed game, but you will reach a level of hero worship as the ones who gave us all they truly could.

Become legend.

Hard to refuse after that, eh? :D