PDA

View Full Version : I really hope they fix ___ in TRAOD

TR_Freak
6th Jul 2002, 17:26
i know i hate these topics where everyone replies and says what "new move" or "new weapon" should be in TRAOD but! im curious to see what you guys thought was wrong with TR in the previous games they NEED to fix in the Angel of Darkness!

1. I really hope they fix lara's magical "Marry Poppins" type backback! c'mon that thing could not hold and rocket launcer (btw do you just find those in the jungle???) a harpoon gun, an M-16, and a shotgun all at once!

take it away

snickrep2002
6th Jul 2002, 20:36
hey tr_freak. Tomb Raider is not real. It is a video game. That is why you can fit unlimited stuff in her backpack. And what is wrong with it, if you could not fit unlimited stuff in it, you would have to leave things behind. Think about it, that would be such a drag.

LARAMANIAC
6th Jul 2002, 20:42
TR_Freak the backpack is a symbol of her inventory thats all - use your imagination - LOL!!

DKSM
7th Jul 2002, 00:16
What is this imagination thing you speak of??

I think they sould periodically make Lara's hair grow long and when it gets too long, Lara trips over it. I know I'm evil. :p

coyotekid
7th Jul 2002, 00:34
If you use the original pistols all the time, and the backpack won't be a problem, just think she carries only one gun when you start a level.
In TR3 I always select RL first, U and then DG, that way she looks so real with RL on the back, one U in the right holster and DG on the other side which I use thru out the entire game...for some reasons, you can't select the gun like that in TRLR, only 2 guns will be carry by Lara the most.

snickrep2002
7th Jul 2002, 00:51
:) :) I love selecting the Uzi's and shotgun.

The Uzi's in the hostlers and shotgun on her back.:) :) :) :) :)

DaveJ
7th Jul 2002, 09:07
Originally posted by snickrep2002
hey tr_freak. Tomb Raider is not real. It is a video game. That is why you can fit unlimited stuff in her backpack. And what is wrong with it, if you could not fit unlimited stuff in it, you would have to leave things behind. Think about it, that would be such a drag.

Not quite.

"Halo" on Xbox (possibly the greatest game EVER) only allows you to carry two weapons at any time.
This forces you to think logically about your upcoming strategy at each corner.

Once you deplete the ammo from a gun, you can swap it when you come across one of a different type from a fallen comrade, or take similar ammo from the fallen, too.

It makes a much more immersive atmosphere and is more believable too.

Its possibly for this reason that I rarely go through a TR game using anything other than her pistols.

snickrep2002
7th Jul 2002, 17:53
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
TR_Freak the backpack is a symbol of her inventory thats all - use your imagination - LOL!!

I agree! Who cares about realism!

TR_Freak
8th Jul 2002, 02:28

I agree! Who cares about realism!

are you kidding me?? thats one dumb statement!

Mgardiner
8th Jul 2002, 02:54
Id like to see them put a weight limit on Lara, but as she holds more weight she gets more str hence her max weight that she can carry goes up so she can hold more guns, medipacks, etc...But she would also need to be able to drop weapons

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 03:31
Originally posted by TR_Freak

are you kidding me?? thats one dumb statement!

thank you :D

Oh and is this topic going anywere, no.

This is one dumb topic!:D

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 03:38
This sort of fits in......

Where do you think Kurtis is going to carry his glaive, and whatever he picks up? lol Is he going to have a little hook thing, like what Xena had for her shockrum?? lol

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 03:44
Ha Ha :D

TR_Freak
8th Jul 2002, 05:36
well at first the rumor was lara would find stuff like used comics or stuff and use them in pawn shops to buy guns and stuff but that was dispelled in the latest PSM... but lara will have a limit to what she carries in the next game

snickrep... that comment was original! HA!

thanhkim
8th Jul 2002, 12:19
I really hope they don't have the save crystals they were terrible!:mad: :eek:

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 15:15
trust me, they won't have those save crystals.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
8th Jul 2002, 22:35
I hope she doesn't "magically" reload her guns.:D

TR_Freak
9th Jul 2002, 16:13
i also hope she only has one set of pistols... or any type of hand gun for that matter! i think the magically transforming pistols bit was embarrasing and cheesy (ie... when you selected uzis, your pistols would magically transform into uzi's... LAAME)! And if she does come across another set of handguns... i think she should have to either keep her pistols or ditch them for the new gun!

Some people have said they see lara reloading her pistols like in the movie in the AOD trailer but ive seen that thing about 100 times and i dont see anything like that so... but maybe she wont MAGICALLLY reaload her guns!

And another thing I see in the trailer that looks cool (but its in a cutscene) is the fact that you can select one of her pistols instead of both at the same time (it would be cool if you could do that in the actual game, but maybe we canwho knows)

snickrep2002
9th Jul 2002, 16:55
This game will be very metal gear solid like. For example, what you saw in the trailer were lara has one gun her and. It is just like metal gear solid what she is doing. You will have the option to select if you want two or one gun in a hand. Also Core said that they are ditching all those loads of guns we saw in past tomb raider games. Your Pistols this time will be alot powerful and you will use them alot. Core said that the Pistols are mainly the weapon you use throughout the whole game. ;)

Kurtis Trent
15th Jul 2002, 02:17
Does anybody know if the pistols will still have unlimited ammo? I hope so cause if you use them through out the entire game, and if you run outta ammo. uh oh......:p

shanedj
15th Jul 2002, 09:31
The pistils should have unlimited ammo they are, ususally, the main weapon, but they might not be unlimedied due to lara being able to engage in hand to hand combat with other enemies!

thanhkim
15th Jul 2002, 10:03
Give up the gloves they look really dumb I don't like them.

dr.feever
20th Jul 2002, 23:37
"....if you could not fit unlimited stuff in it, you would have to leave things behind. Think about it, that would be such a drag."

As well as being a drag, it would also mean that you would have to find somewhere else to stash the stuff, but where?....hmm.....Well remembering my anatomy studies in Biology, she would only have one ample storage space left, but that would be rather inaproprate. So I guess the backpack will have to do, just use your imagination, afterall Indy uses a satchel pack, which is much smaller.

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly, but giant six armed statutes fall because of thier gravity. :D

Kurtis Trent
21st Jul 2002, 00:29
Originally posted by shanedj
The pistils should have unlimited ammo they are, ususally, the main weapon, but they might not be unlimedied due to lara being able to engage in hand to hand combat with other enemies!

yeah, i guess they might not be. It would be cool to use hand to hand combat a lot.:p