PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Company Acquires Lucasfilm. Possible Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts!

ImmortalStrain
31st Oct 2012, 07:33
Link to source on IGN is below. Potentially they could use the charcaters from Star Wars as a new world in Kingdom Hearts.

Thoughts?

www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt... (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015)

member_10718990
31st Oct 2012, 07:45
I love Star Wars, and even if I could like SW in KH... is Disney, come on! They don't mix!

member_10159804
31st Oct 2012, 09:37
Fighting Darth Vader with a keyblade, now that's something I'd love to see!

Asuha
31st Oct 2012, 13:15
I think Star Wars will remain separate from Kingdom Hearts. I know people love to speculate though.

Automaton
31st Oct 2012, 14:38
I joked about this in another forum that it really could work because KH could really just be Star Wars with giant keys. Think about it. >.>

At the same time, it was a joke and I really do hope that the two franchises are kept separate.

Ryutim
31st Oct 2012, 14:48
Yeah, I hope that they're kept seperate as well, but like fire said, people sure do love to speculate. Speaking of which, I don't think that they'd mix very well, but honestly, who would have thought that final fantasy and disney would have mixed as well as they have? If they did mix KH with SW, then which parts of SW do you think that they'd bring in? Would they put in movies 1-3, 4-6, or maybe they'll go for the 3d animation version of the clone wars, that'd be interesting, but whichever one they choose, if they choose any, they're gonna have some pretty angry SW fans, since every SW fan has their own favorite part of the series, although I'd be fine with any of them, so long as they fit with the KH universe. That being the case, which parts of SW do you guys think would fit best with KH?

member_10077577
31st Oct 2012, 21:59
Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars. Together. Odd but interesting, no?

YukiTsubaki
31st Oct 2012, 23:18
While chances are that they will probably be kept separate, I agree with others that I think that a Star Wars level in KH would be seriously awesome.

Darth Vader getting a custom Keyblade/Light Saber?! How cool would that be?!

Ryutim
1st Nov 2012, 20:19
It'd be awsome! Although I don't think that Darth Vader would have a keyblade, it's more likely that you'd get a light saber style keyblade when you beat him, something along the lines of the no name keyblade you get after beating the mysterious figure in BBS.

Bhalditar
9th Nov 2012, 16:40
It's kind of funny -- a lot of people at Square Enix are fans of Star Wars and various references and themes have appeared in FINAL FANTASY games. Although I'm not personally expecting any sort of cameos in the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I have to admit that when the news broke I thought: "What if...?"

fonzie32
19th Nov 2012, 23:08
There have already been lightsabers in kingdom hearts! remeber the final battle with xemnas in KH2? Yeah!! I think it would be a great addition to the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Could you imagine how cool the keyblade from that world would look? Fighting darth maul, darth vader, and the emporer would be amazing! I hope that Square Enix is able to place star wars or even some sort of summon or keyblade based on it in KH3.

Zench-XIII
19th Nov 2012, 23:11
Xemnas' Ethereal Blades and Lightsabers are completely different.

Ryutim
20th Nov 2012, 21:06
They are different, technically speaking, but you gotta admit, they look very similar.

Keyblader133582
24th Nov 2012, 00:00
i hope to god they never put star wars in kingdom hearts, itd ruin it completely

member_10718990
24th Nov 2012, 07:23
i hope to god they never put star wars in kingdom hearts, itd ruin it completely

Agree, Star Wars and Disney don't mix!

Ryutim
24th Nov 2012, 18:13
A lot of people say (or at least, said) that about Final Fantasy and Disney, but then it turned into the best game series ever, so I think I'll just wait and see. If they mix Star Wars into the mix, then I'll play through the game before judging it, and if they keep them separated, then things stay awsome, no problem.

Keyblader133582
24th Nov 2012, 23:24
A lot of people say (or at least, said) that about Final Fantasy and Disney, but then it turned into the best game series ever, so I think I'll just wait and see. If they mix Star Wars into the mix, then I'll play through the game before judging it, and if they keep them separated, then things stay awsome, no problem.

no final fantasy and kingdom hearts were a perfect mix because both of them are fantasies, star wars is star wars and it would not fit with kingdom hearts well because there are farrrr to many important characters in star wars, putting them in kingdom hearts would kill it, plus disney just got star wars, it had no correlation to disney before this year be the worst decision squsare enix would ever make to put that into KH

Mouse99
24th Nov 2012, 23:41
I for one think it's a great idea to have star wars in KH. I see no problem considering Disney now own the copyright for film 7-9, plus it's a great way to promote the films.

Ryutim
25th Nov 2012, 23:48
Yeah, and I really don't see the problem you're talking about, the only problem I see is choosing which part of the Star Wars universe they'd put into KH, and more specifically, what time it would be placed at, because they can't jump from one set of movies to the other, at least not in a single game, they could put a few areas from a few different Star Wars worlds into the game, but they'd have to stay with either episodes I-III (possibly including the clone wars, but probably not) or episodes IV-VI pretty much throughout the KH series, unless they can find some way to explain the massive time jump somehow, and honestly, they don't have to include the entire Star Wars storyline, they just have to find a part of it where they can give the feeling of Star Wars, include enough story to satisfy the players, and end the KH characters involvement with the SW world on a good note, which hopefully could include a possible "to be continued", so that they could go back into the SW universe in later KH games, or it could just end on a high note, one of the two.

Keyblader133582
26th Nov 2012, 12:33
disney may own star wars, but star wars IS NOT DISNEY. it just doesnt mix with kingdom hearts, plain and simple

member_10718990
26th Nov 2012, 17:45
disney may own star wars, but star wars IS NOT DISNEY. it just doesnt mix with kingdom hearts, plain and simple

Like I said: "I love Star Wars, and even if I could like SW in KH... is Disney, come on! They don't mix!"

Keyblader133582
26th Nov 2012, 21:33

Like I said: "I love Star Wars, and even if I could like SW in KH... is Disney, come on! They don't mix!"

thats what im saying, this whole thread is just garbage in my opinion, makes me sick just being on it

Ryutim
27th Nov 2012, 23:37
If you don't like it, then don't come onto this thread. I actually agree that SW mixing with KH is very unlikely, but many people thought that Final Fantasy and Disney wouldn't mix well, but the result, Kingdom Hearts, is the best game series I've ever played, so you never really know.

Joshlacey
29th Nov 2012, 23:49
A Very Bad Idea

Ryutim
30th Nov 2012, 14:40
Well, to each their own. Regardless of what happens, I can't wait until KH3 comes out, it's gonna rock!

member_10718990
1st Dec 2012, 05:53
To your mouth for SQ Enix's ears

Ryutim
2nd Dec 2012, 18:08
Either your grammer is a bit off, or I don't know the context of that comment, "To your mout for SQ Enix's ears"? What does that mean?

member_10718990
3rd Dec 2012, 08:09
Either your grammer is a bit off, or I don't know the context of that comment, "To your mout for SQ Enix's ears"? What does that mean?

It's mouth! From your mouth to Square Enix's ears. It's like From your mouth to God's ears.

Ryutim
3rd Dec 2012, 15:11
Right, sorry, my hand must have slipped when I was typing that. I see now, "From your mouth to SQ Enix's ears" makes a lot more sense than, "To your mouth for SQ Enix's ears".

member_10706996
18th Dec 2012, 23:55
Interestingly, one of Nomura's favorite films is Star Wars. Some concepts from the series perhaps may have been borrowed but I'm not quite too sure on that. e.g. Xemnas's ethereal blades

josh.kotsis
22nd Mar 2013, 09:01
Now that disney bought starwars and all, could you imagion the characters that could be implemented into the ned kingdom hearts games???

Mickey VS. yoda?
Keyblade VS. lightsabers?

and i know its not relevent but imgur.com/79ixfU5 (http://imgur.com/79ixfU5 )

What do you guys think??

Joshlacey
22nd Mar 2013, 10:37
It might work

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 21:00
They've already been going toward the keyblade/lightsaber mix, I mean, just look at the No Name keyblade in BBS, so yeah, I definately think it could work, and having Mickey fight Yoda, that'd be epic (but in a good way, with the meaning that the word was originally intended to have, like awsome, just better. No Epic Mickey refference intended, that game was as far from epic as it is possible to be, if not moreso.). Anyway, I'd love to see Riku fight Anakin, former darkside pawn vs. future darkside pawn, that'd be awsome, or if they make it the episodes IV-VI, then he could fight Darth Vader, but it wouldn't have the same impact as Riku fighting Anakin.

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 21:12
Yeah now go back 10 years Kingdom hearts wasnt even heard of JUST released could you imagine saying "Mickey mouse VS YODA! " lol man times are a changing

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 21:17
Yeah, no kidding, that would have sounded ridiculous back then.

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 21:20
HA! ya that was crazy! I was so Agianst Mickey back then....but to be honest he WAS doing sing-alongs with kids back then.... now he's keyblading bad guys and doing judo flips and being all awesome!

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 21:24
Yeah, talk about a switch. I would have said personality flip, but he's still Mickey, even when he's kickin' but and takin' names.

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 21:26
yeah surprised enough... Mickey (mostly Donald never liked that talking roast duck) was one reason alot of people went away from trying the game...but then people like us tried it then spread the word! IT ISNT DISNEY!!!! its from Final Fantasy with Disney mixed in!!!! and its Awesome!

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 21:37
Yeah, and creatures of darkness occasionally kill Donald (which is half annoying, since he's one of your party members, and half funny, because Donald dies, even if it is only temporary.). And yeah, KH is totally awsome! (I know that most spell checkers spell it as, "awesome", but I prefer the slang style spelling, "awsome".)

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 21:40
gotta figure they have to explain how Xehanort found out about the Keyblade wars....His past self told him about other worlds but not everything

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 21:59
Yeah, that's a good point, and I doubt that information about the Keyblade Wars is something that Xehanort could just look up on google, although there might have been a library in the Land of Departure that had information about it, or at least enough info to make Xehanort curious about it, and he could have looked for more info from there, finding the Keyblade Graveyard, and possibly other places of great importance concerning the Keyblade Wars.

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 22:03
Also gotta figure ALOT happened between his young self and the aged old man we know and hate today.... The mYsterious Master who trained Eraqus and Xehanort?.... what made Xehanort forgo his armor in the lanes between? And why Xehanort felt Balance is needed from the "tyranny of light"?

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 22:12
Yeah, it's possible that he was actually a good guy, well, before the darkness took over at least. I'd love to have a game where we play through Xehanort's backstory, saving worlds from the imballance of too much light, and finding out what made Xehanort go bad in the end. Oh, I just had a thought, maybe Xehanort is actually like Riku, a good person who was influenced by darkness, and then taken over by the bad guy, and it's not too much of a stretch to think that someone took over Xehanort, and began using his name, his identity, for evil, after all, Xehanort took Ansem's name and used it to manipulate people, so maybe Xehanort is just another pawn that was taken over by the real bad guy. What do you think?

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 22:15
Im thinking he became the other EXTREME to Eraqus and thought light was too over powering but Eraqus was the only one who stated he wanted to WIPE out darkness whime Xehanort wanted balance...hmmm

Ryutim
22nd Mar 2013, 22:21
Well, whatever the case, there's a lot of story that could go there. I really hope that SE makes a game about it.

edward.busch.18
22nd Mar 2013, 22:29
Heh if Xehanort turns out to be a secret Good guy im gonna be like "this is epic" .....

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:01
Lol, yeah. Even though I made it up, I'd still be really surprised if it actually happened, even though it kinda makes sense.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 19:08
well he isnt exactly Killing anyone Eraqus' heart found its way inside Terra, Ventus found Sora probly cux Xehanort took him to Destiny Islands....sure he did some bad stuff but his heartless Ansem destroyed all the worlds..... what did Xehanort do?

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:33
Destroyed the Land of Departure, tried to kill Eraqus, stole Terra's body, tried to use Ven to create the X-blade and possibly restart the Keyblade Wars, tried to steal Sora's body, need I go on? Still, we're not actually sure that Xehanort was the one controlling his body, he could have been taken over by someone else a long time ago, and you're right, he has done some things that weren't totally evil, so it'll be interesting to find out what parts of Xehanorts backstory haven't been told yet.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 19:37
HE's ALOT like Riku...isnt he?

Ryutim
23rd Mar 2013, 19:42
Yeah, no doubt about that.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 19:45
im sayin' the part while Xehanort was a man was skipped he was a teen when his heartless talked to him but i said "how did Riku knew of other worlds when Terra visited? and why was his parents never mentioned?"

new_tradition
24th Mar 2013, 01:33
I'm gonna be that butthole and say I don't wanna see Star Wars in my Kingdom Hearts.

It's not that I would hate it per se, but I think that would just be too many fandoms getting tied up into the series. Even though Disney now owns it, I still see Star Wars as a totally removed genre and atmosphere from what I've known Disney for, and subsequentely, Kingdom Hearts (though granted, the series have common themes). The rules of both universes, IMO, make it difficult for them to coexist.

I mean, you're gonna have fans arguring forever about whose more powerful between Keyblade and Jedi masters X_x

Ryutim
26th Mar 2013, 20:00
im sayin' the part while Xehanort was a man was skipped he was a teen when his heartless talked to him but i said "how did Riku knew of other worlds when Terra visited? and why was his parents never mentioned?"

I don't know why his parents were never mentioned, but in the scene you mentioned, Riku said that he heard about a kid who went to the outside world, so it might just be that story that let him know about it, and I'm not sure if there are any other islands on the world Destiny Islands, but if there's only those two, and people occasionally come to and leave Destiny Islands, then it might be common knowledge that other worlds exist, even if most people think that they're just fairy tales or something. Basically, what I'm saying is that, while this could mean something important, it could also mean nothing at all, so let's not get too caught up in the possibility.

destruction7
26th Mar 2013, 20:27
This is Disney: Parents donĀ“t have power in nothing! second Disney

edward.busch.18
26th Mar 2013, 22:12

I don't know why his parents were never mentioned, but in the scene you mentioned, Riku said that he heard about a kid who went to the outside world, so it might just be that story that let him know about it, and I'm not sure if there are any other islands on the world Destiny Islands, but if there's only those two, and people occasionally come to and leave Destiny Islands, then it might be common knowledge that other worlds exist, even if most people think that they're just fairy tales or something. Basically, what I'm saying is that, while this could mean something important, it could also mean nothing at all, so let's not get too caught up in the possibility.

Well here's what im thinking: the kid Riku mentioned could've been Time traveling young Xehanort becuase Riku was INTENDED to be a vessal for Xehanort...Riku isnt old enough NO where close to Xehanorts age so it isnt young Xehanort in Riku's past but from even FARTHER back

Ryutim
29th Mar 2013, 16:27
I'm confused. How does that let Riku know about the other worlds? It's not like Xehanort would travel through time just to say, "Hey kid, I'm going to take control of your body in a few years, so if you'd be so kind as to go to this other world where I'll be able to manipulate and corrupt you, I'd really appreciate it.". It's not that Xehanort wouldn't go back in time to manipulate Riku, in fact, I think he's probably done that sort of thing a lot, even though we don't know exactly what he's done, but what could he have done to tell Riku about the other worlds and influence him to search them out?

edward.busch.18
30th Mar 2013, 10:26
the SAME way Heartless Xehanort told young Xehanort about other worlds bigger then his own.... raising his curiosity to want to explore those worlds....doubtless he'd listen to a roped guy so even though Xehanorts heartless was there the islands was lost to darkness i think Young Xehanort paid Riku a visit as a kid......Travelling all though time to collect the NEW organization 13 took sometime doing too....