PDA

View Full Version : Will Mankind Divided have VR Support for Oculus/Vive + Speculation on why delayed

SkScotchegg
11th May 2016, 18:49
Hi there, I've wanted to ask this question for a while now, do you know if we will be able to play this game in VR and I was wondering if perhaps the whole reason why this game was delayed in the first place was so they could offer VR support from launch? Could that be the case?

I so hope that I am right about this because I would be very excited if they said we can play with VR.

I really do think that Mankind Divided would be perfect for VR!! :)

Thanks in advance.

xaduha3
12th May 2016, 17:38
Nope, I very much doubt that.

SkScotchegg
12th May 2016, 18:28
Oh man, I was really hoping someone would reply with "yeah, they said they're adding VR support for Oculus Rift" then I would have been even more excited then I am already.

Is there anyone else on these forums thats just as excited for this game in VR as I am?

I really do believe Mankind Divided would be perfect in Virtual Reality with a VR headset like Oculus Rift or HTC Vive!!

xaduha3
12th May 2016, 18:39
They are still keeping 3rd person view of Jensen climbing and doing all sorts of other stuff, like cover, takedowns and abilities, AFAIK. I don't know how you can say MD will be perfect for VR, when HR wasn't perfect for VR. MD will be a continuation of as much stuff from HR that is possible. And in general, I don't think FPS type games are good for VR, it's much better for various vehicle-driving games, such as Elite Dangerous.

Shralla
13th May 2016, 01:21
Yeah, the perspective transitions were bad enough on a monitor. In VR it would completely destroy the game.

Poptasty
13th May 2016, 08:01
Some day my friend, some day. In the future hopefully there will be some AAA VR games. Probably won't hit the platform until it goes mainstream though.

WhiteCopy
13th May 2016, 12:06
Well, I also was expecting that but it seems that there's no chance for VR...
Article on gamerant.com (http://gamerant.com/deus-ex-virtual-reality-fad-600/)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th May 2016, 15:18
He changed his mind since...
(http://kotaku.com/why-deus-exs-director-has-changed-his-mind-about-vr-1730981218)

Shralla
14th May 2016, 16:21
But they still won't include it since the perspective shifts would be a disaster. Maybe this will be what gets them to move back to an exclusively first-person perspective in the future.

SkScotchegg
17th May 2016, 16:55
He changed his mind since...
(http://kotaku.com/why-deus-exs-director-has-changed-his-mind-about-vr-1730981218)

Good stuff! I'm still hoping they add VR support, if not at launch, then maybe 3-6 months after launch.

SkScotchegg
17th May 2016, 16:56
But they still won't include it since the perspective shifts would be a disaster. Maybe this will be what gets them to move back to an exclusively first-person perspective in the future.

Unless they update the game with an option to force "always first person view" and/or "always 3rd person view", that would be amazing.

I love it when games let you have first and 3rd person view!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th May 2016, 10:52
Good stuff! I'm still hoping they add VR support, if not at launch, then maybe 3-6 months after launch.

I hope you get your wish. It does look fun! :cool:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Oculus Rift DK2
WjxxOpgr-DY