PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the lack of urban environment in Mankind Divided

PauloG
4th May 2016, 19:43
Hi, a big fan of DE:Human Revolution here.
Well, the combat looks amazing in all trailers i saw, but the only "Open world" urban environment" which i remember having seen is the train station in Prague.

The thing is, i have become amazed at the immersion provided by exploring Detroit and Hengsha: Sarif Industries workers having a snack while watching Picus News, people on the streets smoking and checking their smartphones, the hobos at their campfire, a whole police station to explore, exciting sidequests, etc. Additionaly, In hengsha there was a lot of chinese Billboards, people insulting you in chinese, the Hive Nightclub, vendors of street food.
Summing up: an amazing experience, great atmosphere!

If im not mistaken, the MD trailers didnt show a lot of those. All i could see is Jensen showing his abilities at terrorist bunkers or something like that.

I wish we had more cities with tons of sidequests to explore. My only hope is "Golem City" to be amazing.

xaduha3
4th May 2016, 20:10
I'm sure (85%?) it will be on-par with HR, for what it is worth.

Shralla
5th May 2016, 00:01
Hopefully it will be better, like the hub design in the first one.

Solid_84
6th May 2016, 07:12
I wouldn't be worried about that. I fully expect there to be open hubs like in HR.
I'd say it's not unusual at all that the trailers are rather showing action sequences and Adam's new abilities than him just walking through the streets and looking at things.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th May 2016, 08:51
I'd say it's not unusual at all that the trailers are rather showing action sequences and Adam's new abilities than him just walking through the streets and looking at things.

Exactly. I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise. :thumb:

StealthCarol
28th Jun 2016, 11:54
When the game is release you will love how the developer have made the environments. The trailer has not shown the social hub or the exploration area.

Here is a taste of what you can expect! Its not open world but the quality of the missions and story is far better then Assassin or even metal Gear Solid V missions.

The game will include both indoor and outdoor locations. The maps are pretty big, but not as big as in open world games. Yet, they’re very dense. The biggest level is one square kilometer in size, and includes 300 million polygons.

Leroymorgan
18th Jul 2016, 20:26
@stealthcarol where did you get this info?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jul 2016, 20:55
Click HERE (http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/20/deus-ex-mankind-divideds-biggest-levels-size-and-tech-revealed-temporal-aa-improved-tressfx-and-more/)