PDA

View Full Version : Kain isn't telling all he knows.......

Angel of Music
6th Jul 2002, 04:54
Okay, i'm sure it it is widely known that Kain has quite a few things he doesn't share, such as.......oh, for instance, how he knew that one of his children would grow wings, and also be able to "survive" a descent into the abyss. Another example is that Kain knew that the reaver would be broken(again). Now, I have just completed BO 2 for about the 4th time, and I have noticed a statement Kain made to Vorador in the Hylden City. I do not recal the wording, but the gist of it was "Are you so eager to return to the grave?". This does explain Kain's complacent attitude at seeing Vorador alive, since he obviously knew he was alive. However, we as the audience are not privy to this little tidbit of information, which of course serves to open one of those nasty little plot holes I keep babbling about. Thoughts anyone?

--Suffering to the Conquered!! --Kain

willow
6th Jul 2002, 08:24
Did you play the Soul Reaver series or Blood Omen 1?

*spoilers for everything incase you haven't*

Kain knows of everything because of the chronoplast chamber.
He comments on Vorador returning to the grave because Voradors head was cut off during the events of BO1. By this comment we are lead to believe that Kain somehow resurrected Vorador... that or he was just being an arrogant fool because he did see Voradors death.
Most of these blatant plot holes every one comments about may not be plot holes at all....

patience is a virtue... a virtue that any LoK fan really... really needs to have.

Chris says: all will be revealed in time.

royalmarine1980
6th Jul 2002, 11:46
Bravo! ::claps loudly::

Umah Bloodomen
6th Jul 2002, 18:14
You know...Chris promised me a NEW statement...I feel so unloved.... :p

***bats eyes all cute-like for the Butterfly Lord***

SirRaziel
6th Jul 2002, 23:41
Originally posted by willow
Did you play the Soul Reaver series or Blood Omen 1?

Chris says: all will be revealed in time.

This LoK fan can't wait that long. Goes and has a cry:(

Angel of Music
7th Jul 2002, 05:19
Of course I have played both series, what serious LoK fan hasn't?
We know that Kain is educated through the visions in the chronoplast, but we aren't really told when exactly he does so. I believe the Kain of BO 2 is still an arrogant little upstart, and is concerned only with the conquest of Nosgoth. I am of the opinion that he looks for answers in the chronoplast in his later years, after he had become so......disillusioned about the world. Hey, here is a topic to discuss: the difference in Kain's attitude in the two series. In the BO series, he seems to me to be very restless and ambitious, as compared to the Kain of the Soul Reaver era, who seems very.....melancholy and disheartened, but not defeated........

Sade Lyrate
7th Jul 2002, 06:16
I agree with you about the 'change' in Kain's character, and personally
believe that its 'evolution' happened a bit like this:
In BO2, Kain defeats the Hylden, and says hello to Vorador and a couple
of other interesting folk, also regaining his throne. After that, Vorador
goes to have a Big Sleep with his brood (= the vamps seen in BO2).
Undaunted by that, Kain pursues his own ends, slight shadow of doubt
cast over his otherwise cheerful self, but failing to get him all angst-y
and stuff. He finds out how to make vamps, and in his prevailing arrogance
and confidence, turns the Sarafan Lieutenants. At about this time, I
think, while his 'children' explore the world, hunt the mortals, Kain comes
upon the Oracle Caves anew, his doubts and 'bad feelings' lingering in
the back of his mind, gaining strength with each passing day. As their near-
millenial reign lasts, and Raziel sprouts wings, those doubts have grown,
gained affirmation, changed Kain's character...

...I'm pretty certain I had a metaphorical 'red string' strung over there
somewhere, but feels like I've lost it...

"...Your life's span is a flicker compared to the mass of doubt and
regret that I have borne since Mortanius first turned me from
the light... To know that the fate of the world hangs dependent
on the advisedness of my every deed - can you even begin to
conceive what action you would take, in my position?"

Time Streamer
7th Jul 2002, 09:41
Probably Kain reflected on these things just before starting his empire. When Kain first came into the Chronoblast Chamber, he said he didn't fathom the true power of knowledge. When saw the future, with all its paths stretching out into the infinity, he apparently began to delve deeper and gain new insight along the way until he had learned all that was pertinent. To know things before hand has most certainly lend Kain's character some self-confidence and maturity in how to deal with these revelations.

Power reaver
7th Jul 2002, 15:34
"...Your life's span is a flicker compared to the mass of doubt and regret that I have borne since Mortanius first turned me from the light...

Kain is wrong there though , Raz is much older than him , nearly 500 years , but i guess he got so angry at him , that he forgot about that .

I kinda went "Yeah , right" when I heard that dailog after playing SR2 .

Also , even as a Vamp , Kain is only about 500 years older than Raz , out of which 200 years , he was dormant .

Back to the Topic :

Yes , I do agree with you guys , Kain , became a better character after the Chronoplast . I like the sense of "I know everything" that spreads in the atmosphere when he appears .
:eek: Iam doing poetry , hmmmm , a possible addition to the Kain fanclub .

Umah Bloodomen
7th Jul 2002, 20:54
I don't think Kain was referring to actual age there Power Reaver. I think he was speaking metaphorically about his torment through his own life surpassing anything Raziel could've/would've gone through over the course of his entire existence. Pretty much, Raziel had it easy compared to what Kain was put through.

As for Kain's transistion character-wise, I think he is merely bored with his existence but is still driven not to give into his puppetmasters. You can tell he is not as arrogant and nothing really phases him in the Soul Reaver series. He's done it all, conquered it all, found out all the answers and realizes there isn't much more he can accomplish.

I think this is why we sense a sort of peace between Kain and Raziel at the end of SR2. I think that SR3 will involve Kain opening Raziel's eyes to the "bigger picture". (Not just Raziel's own quest for retribution). When Raziel's eyes are opened, then he will be allowed to succumb to his destiny as the Soul Reaver. This will leave Kain able to close all the story holes, and mend all the wounds and prove his puppetmasters wrong which will finally allow him to come to terms with his own destiny, and ensure he remains victorious while ending the legacy.

Serul
7th Jul 2002, 20:58
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
...I think this is why we sense a sort of peace between Kain and Raziel at the end of SR2. I think that SR3 will involve Kain opening Raziel's eyes to the "bigger picture". (Not just Raziel's own quest for retribution). When Raziel's eyes are opened, then he will be allowed to succumb to his destiny as the Soul Reaver. This will leave Kain able to close all the story holes, and mend all the wounds and prove his puppetmasters wrong which will finally allow him to come to terms with his own destiny, and ensure he remains victorious while ending the legacy.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Jul 2002, 21:04
Thanks Serul!

On another note, this proves that Kain is the "true" guardian of balance. By fufilling what I stated above, it is clear that balance will be restored to Nosgoth.

This is almost poetic how it has been set up. I can't wait to see it put into play.

KainSyndrome101
8th Jul 2002, 01:28
We're always hearing Raziel saying something about poetry:

"Very poetic Kain."

"Wouldn't that be poetic irony?"

What if the Legacy of Kain is just one big poem!?

Yeah right.