PDA

View Full Version : Silly Scuzzer - By Startopiafrance

AlphaOmega
6th Jul 2002, 03:30
As Startopiafrance has no access to a computer for awhile, he asked me to post this image to show you all:

http://www.strategyplanet.com/startopia/storage_bin/malvu.jpg

NZrevenge
6th Jul 2002, 14:10
Nicely done! Very funny.

Now unless that is reproducable, I really have to commend Startopiafrance on his quick thinking.

Ghyron
6th Jul 2002, 22:22
Long live the Scuzzer Revolution!

Memau_on_Steroids
6th Jul 2002, 22:51
Very funny! Silly scuzzer, brains are for people.

Question. If he has no access to a computer, how did he get it to you? Does he live near you? If so then he must not live in France, or you don't live in Canada, which I don't believe.

Ghyron
7th Jul 2002, 01:40
IMPOSTER!

AlphaOmega
7th Jul 2002, 07:18
I don't know, I can't understand half of his email, he just asked me to post it on the forum. Babelfish is not a good tool to be using for your communications with other people.

SkrasherSmasher
7th Jul 2002, 21:43
Hmmm, the general detirioration of your story leads me to concur with Ghyron, yet not in such big proportions. If he has no access to the computer, how did he email it to you?? Did he write it out and throw the letter into cyberspace?? If he did I want a cyberspace portal too!! Hmmm...

<Sets to work creating cyberspace portal>

Ghyron
8th Jul 2002, 01:16
Originally posted by AlphaOmega
Babelfish is not a good tool to be using for your communications with other people.

Eh, his story don't check out. Only reference to the so called 'babelfish' is in some fictional book. I got my viewing appendage on you!

AlphaOmega
8th Jul 2002, 01:53
Oh hush up... Just look at his picture.

Ghyron
8th Jul 2002, 03:45
Hrmph, talking about suspicious moderator activity, why do you all of a sudden have custom titles. I have jealousy.

NZrevenge
8th Jul 2002, 05:58
Ooh! Custom titles? Niiiiiiiiice...

Now, using my extra special powers of logic, I have surmised that is reasonable to assume that if one member can have a custom title, ALL members can have a custom title... Goody goody!

No, no I'm not suggesting that you immediately start accepting requests for different titles! I propose something much more sinister... How about you [mods] change our titles at whenever you see fit? So next time we get a dark lord of spam here, you give him that title. Next time we get an evil megalomaniac shapeshifter here... No, forget that one. You get the idea, members who stick out from the rest (good or bad) should be given titles to reflect that...

Hmmm... I might post something along these lines in the general chat area under that getting rid of post count thread...

DMA57361
8th Jul 2002, 16:03
Originally posted by Ghyron

Eh, his story don't check out. Only reference to the so called 'babelfish' is in some fictional book. I got my viewing appendage on you!

Try here - http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn - and you will see what he means . . . . ;)

EDIT:
It could be linked to his post here - http://www.eidosgames.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/003512.html - where he claims to be 12. Isn't there one of those need to be 13 or have parental permission things on the new board? Im sure I read that somewhere. I may be wrong thou . . .

Ghyron
8th Jul 2002, 21:32
Originally posted by NZrevenge
Ooh! Custom titles? Niiiiiiiiice...

Now, using my extra special powers of logic, I have surmised that is reasonable to assume that if one member can have a custom title, ALL members can have a custom title... Goody goody!

No, no I'm not suggesting that you immediately start accepting requests for different titles! I propose something much more sinister... How about you [mods] change our titles at whenever you see fit? So next time we get a dark lord of spam here, you give him that title. Next time we get an evil megalomaniac shapeshifter here... No, forget that one. You get the idea, members who stick out from the rest (good or bad) should be given titles to reflect that...

Hmmm... I might post something along these lines in the general chat area under that getting rid of post count thread...

Mods are lazy, so it's not going to happen.

SkrasherSmasher
8th Jul 2002, 22:01
Dont talk trash about the mods.

AlphaOmega
9th Jul 2002, 02:32
Its not that were lazy, its just certain members have bad attitudes that prevent them from getting such rewards...

Ghyron
9th Jul 2002, 02:57
Such smarting remarks. :o

Pinky the Cow
9th Jul 2002, 07:57
Niiiiiiiiice...

I wonder how'd this sound when read outloud? N-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-aye-ice?;)

NZrevenge
12th Jul 2002, 10:53
No, it sounds more like a retarded "noise" if you take into account my kiwi (New Zealand) accent.

First you say it a little deeper than you normally would, and you hold the "i" as if you were saying "nile" as one constant note.

And for a particularly retard effect, you can add in a bit a of a sheepish "ba-a-a-a-a-h" to the sounds.

The end result will either be a a "Ni-----------------ce" or a "Ni-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-ce" Depending on how retarded (or fat sounding) you are.

Erm... OK, I'll shut up now

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 13:45
Wouldn't it just sound like Nice!, except really loudly and holding the I really long?

NZrevenge
12th Jul 2002, 14:24
Yeah, it would. But only if you don't have an accent like mine.

New Zealanders and Australians make a mess of English to be honest. We're very lazy and chew all our words together. For instance we barely pronounce the "l" in "milk", so it sounds more like "muik"

On a side note, we say "Mum" and not "Mom" and we write "Colour" not "Color"

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 14:59
I take it you have never heard someone that speaks in cockney rymthing slang. I know someone that can. Trust me - that's worse than any other form of English.

Also "Mum" and "Colour" are correct spellings. "Color" is the American spellings. Don't know about "Mom".

Edit - Need to learn to type correctly. Or proof-read.

NZrevenge
12th Jul 2002, 15:04
By saying that "colour" is the correct spelling, you are implying that the American spelling is incorrect. It's just different!

Ofcourse they only did it to try and establish a difference between them and their mother country when they first claimed independance and then united. That's always why they drive on the wrong side of the road! :D

Mom is also an American thing

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 15:57
By saying that "colour" is the correct spelling, you are implying that the American spelling is incorrect.

And? What's your point? ;)

*Goes and finds a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary*

Look, here it is "Colour" . . . .

:rolleyes:

NZrevenge
12th Jul 2002, 16:22
Originally posted by DMA57361

*Goes and finds a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary*

Well there's your problem! You're using inferior material for your research. Are you forgetting that it isn't important unless it's American? Dang boy, where's your head at? :D

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 18:17
Ahhh! That explains it. :rolleyes:

I can prove it with something American though:

MS Word. Use the "English (UK)" dictionary and spell check. ;)

Ok. Not real proof. But go away. :P

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 19:42
<Pulls out Webster's Unabriged Dictionary.>

Heh, this lofty piece of AMERICAN literature has so many definitions in it, I can probably look up all of your names! Let's see... color.. mom.. yep. Can't find this colour or mum thing your talking about.

Wait. are you those English folk that say biscuits instead of crackers?? D'oh!

DMA57361
12th Jul 2002, 19:48
I'm afriad so.

That's the internet for you. Can't hide from anyone. ;)

Now, when are you gonna admit defeat and stop all this independance lark? :rolleyes:

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 19:50
Never! You redcoat scum!

<SkrasherSmasher pulls out a musket.>

CHARGE!!!! AHHHH!!!!:D :D :D

NZrevenge
13th Jul 2002, 07:33
Conforming to my traditional colonial role as cannon-fodder, I jump in front of the charging yank and scream:
"God save the Queen!!!"

SkrasherSmasher
13th Jul 2002, 12:52
DMA57361 is the queen? Oh man, what has England come to these days?? That's just disgusting, this whole time I thought you were a man DMA57361.:rolleyes:

DMA57361
13th Jul 2002, 16:00
I was last time I checked!

*checks*

Yep, I am. You had me worried for a moment. Whew. :D

Memau_on_Steroids
14th Jul 2002, 01:17

Of course they only did it to try and establish a difference between them and their mother country when they first claimed independance and then united. That's always why they drive on the wrong side of the road! :D

And to show them it's Color, not Colour, we soundly trounced their buttocks in the Revolutionary War.

And also, I don't understand about something. Say this is a road.

I____i____I
I____i____I
I____i____I
I____i____I

with the I's being the outside and the i's being the divider.Doesn't a driver need to see the outside of the road so he or she will not fly off it? And if you stay to the outside edge you will not hit another car. But we(Americans) drive like this:

I____i____I
I____i_<O_I
I____i__V_I
I____i____I

with the O being the car and the direction it's going
V
and the > being the side the driver is on.

While Britain and other European country's(not sure about Canada) drive like this:

I___i___I
I_O>i___I
I_V_i___I
I___i___I

In both cases neither driver can see the edge of the road on his/her side right next to him/her, which makes it so he/she cannot drive farthest away from the middle of the road as possible. The best configuration would be this:

I____i___I
I_<O_i___I
I__V_i___I
I____i___I

Or this:

I____i___I
I____i_O>I
I____i_V_I
I____i___I

Doesn't that make more sense?

Memau_on_Steroids
14th Jul 2002, 01:22
Originally posted by DMA57361
I was last time I checked!

*checks*

Yep, I am. You had me worried for a moment. Whew. :D

Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwww! :D

AlphaOmega
14th Jul 2002, 03:57
Not sure about Canada

Lol, we drive the same way as you do fool. Think about that one logically.

Ghyron
14th Jul 2002, 04:33
Well there's your problem! You're using inferior material for your research.

While the Oxford English Dictionary may, or may not be inferior, it was compiled largely by a madman in an insane asylum in England. As to who won the American Revolution, that is a tricky question. The British won most of the major battles, but the Americans acheived their primary aim, independence. This discussion has obviously been driven onto the wrong side of the road, the off topic side of the road.

Pinky the Cow
14th Jul 2002, 06:48
Originally posted by Memau_on_Steroids
The best configuration would be this:

I____i___I
I_<O_i___I
I__V_i___I
I____i___I

Or this:

I____i___I
I____i_O>I
I____i_V_I
I____i___I

Doesn't that make more sense? Nope.

If driver wanted to pick up a passenger, then provided passenger is up to talk to driver and have a good view of the road (i.e. have a front seat) he is going to

I__O_i___I
<O*_i___I
IV_|_i___I
I==+i___I

risk his life greatly (* is what's going to be the remnants of a to-be-passenger). And also driver will be in greater risk of driving over the middle line and thus crashing into another car.

NZrevenge
14th Jul 2002, 10:26
When I called the Oxford Dictionary inferior, I was being sarcastic and taking a dig at the Americans.

As for which side of the road you drive on, it doesn't matter. The steering columns were also reversed when the Americans switched sides. That way the driver is always closest to the centre of the road, meaning that when you pick up a front-seat passenger they always get on from the footpath, not from the centre of the road.

Though Ghyron is right, this is getting extremely off-topic...

Ghyron
14th Jul 2002, 14:46
Ghyron is right

Originally posted by SkrasherSmasher
I have to agree with.. Ghyron.

Soon I shall have control of the minds of all the innocent Startopia forumers! :D

SkrasherSmasher
14th Jul 2002, 16:21
Why am I always being mind controlled by someone or another? First it was Mucky Foot and their evil subliminal messages in the credits, now Ghyron has got something in me.. Argh!!!:mad:

DMA57361
14th Jul 2002, 16:24

best configuration would be this:

I____i___I
I_<O_i___I
I__V_i___I
I____i___I

Or this:

I____i___I
I____i_O>I
I____i_V_I
I____i___I

Doesn't that make more sense?

I take it you do not drive then? If you can see the INSIDE then you don't hit other cars. When I learn to drive I hit the kerb a few times, I'd rather hit that than another oncoming vehical? Hmm?

I've not hit the kerb once since I passed last october. it's right at the moment.

Oh. And Europe drives on the Right as well!

AlphaOmega
14th Jul 2002, 20:24
Originally posted by SkrasherSmasher
now Ghyron has got something in me.. Argh!!!:mad:

Ghyron
14th Jul 2002, 20:33
:confused:

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 11:04
Must... not... think... about... the... scuzzer... orgies.... Arrrrrgh!!!! DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!

*bashes head against wall trying to get rid of mental picture

SkrasherSmasher
18th Jul 2002, 00:34
Ugh, AlphaOmega, taking things out of context is just, ahh man!!

And NZ, who brought up scuzzer orgies?? What the heck have you been smoking??

Ghyron
18th Jul 2002, 03:50
Tom F. did. :eek:

SkrasherSmasher
18th Jul 2002, 04:12
Oh. I always knew that guy was no good after I read his name in the credits and he tried to control my mind. My mind is not a toy!!

Dracoraptor
18th Jul 2002, 04:49
Were you just talking about roads? Hmmm? Here is how the Dragonian Air-Lanes on Dragonia Prime work. Of course, than again, our hover-vehicles are automatic. And we use public Maglevs more often anyway.

I____i____I
I____i<O>_I
I____i_V__I
I____i____I

Ghyron
18th Jul 2002, 14:29
Originally posted by Dracoraptor
Were you just talking about roads? Hmmm? Here is how the Dragonian Air-Lanes on Dragonia Prime work. Of course, than again, our hover-vehicles are automatic. And we use public Maglevs more often anyway.

I____i____I
I____i<O>_I
I____i_V__I
I____i____I

:confused:

AlphaOmega
19th Jul 2002, 01:08
Draco... Go get some sun buddy... *worried*

NZrevenge
20th Jul 2002, 14:16
Erm, Draco...

I____i____I
I____i<O>_I
I____i_V__I
I____i____I

Implies that the driver is on both sides of the car. In other words he's in the middle, with no room for passengers on either side. The < and > signs show which window(s) the driver sits next to. If the there is no driver, then you most likely meant to post this:

I____i____I
I____i_O__I
I____i_V__I
I____i____I

Besides, if you have fully-automated transport, then why aren't you trying to sell us the technology so that we may have that same glorious solution to our problems as you have? (NB - Any sarcasm detected in that last sentence is most likely intended. Have a nice day)

Memau_on_Steroids
20th Jul 2002, 16:13
DMA: But if you can clearly see the curb, you can stay as close to it as possible, and if your roads are constructed right, that should eliminate any car-crashing-into-car possiblilities other than someone out of his or her own lane for whatever reason, and yes, I do drive.:)

Memau_on_Steroids
22nd Jul 2002, 20:14
And I'm still waiting for the answer to how Startopiafrance E-mailed someone when his computer wasn't working.

And Pinky; But if it was the other way, if the driver wanted out, he would have to do the same thing, and couldn't they park in a parking spot to pick up the passenger? And lastly, it would look more like this;

I*_O_i*__I
<O*_i_*_I
IV_|_i__*I
I==+i___I__*

:D

Pinky the Cow
23rd Jul 2002, 07:23
He could also take a back seat and then crawl to the front one

I*_O_i***I
<O*_i_*_I
IV_|_i***I
I==+i***I***

DMA57361
24th Jul 2002, 14:41
Ignoring Pinky and Meddling :p

MoS -> what about motorways/hiways with 4 lanes?

It's pretty much fine as it is . . . . and driving abroad (ie, Europe for me) w/ their dodgy road-side-choices should be fine as well. So it don't really matter.

kool_kats_rule
27th Jul 2002, 11:27
Is there actually a topic, or is it just insane rambling?

Anyway, ENGLAND rules!!

And most of the world drives on the wrong side of the road.

And motorways have 3 lanes on each side.

NZrevenge
27th Jul 2002, 13:21
Here is my story. I really like cheese. The other day I was reading the newspaper. Cats have fur. The end.

Anyway, NEW ZEALAND rules more!!!
- Land of the one-person/one-car. (We need to get into car pooling, the traffic here is nuts!)

kool_kats_rule
27th Jul 2002, 13:27
That story lacks something. I think it might be everything.

ENGLAND rules even more!

Ghyron
27th Jul 2002, 21:21
I leave for a short while and what do I come back to? SPAM!

NZrevenge
27th Jul 2002, 23:59
No, you're the spammer! That was another one sentance reply!

NEW ZEALAND r0x0r5 j00r b0x0r5!

Ghyron
28th Jul 2002, 00:16
Are posts supposed to have more than one sentence?

Ghyron
28th Jul 2002, 00:18
I would not think so, merely because post count is no longer a part of a post.

NZrevenge
28th Jul 2002, 00:20
Way to boost your non-existant post count!

And we still have post counts, it just takes a little bit more time and effort for us to find them...

Arctic_Wolf
28th Jul 2002, 06:11
England rules becuase at one time it was in control of 1/3 of the earth's surface. England is recorded as having the largest empire and the longest lasting in human history, and contrary to popular belief england still rules a very tiny percent of its once great empire. England is responsible for the Industrial Revolution, Standerdised Time, The Internet, Issac Newton, Artificial Life forms(the late Gaak for one), The Abolition of Black Slavery and Child Labour, Free Education, Proper roads, the hovercraft, Railways and The USA. Thats just to name a few!

ergo: ENGLAND RULES! :D

NZrevenge
28th Jul 2002, 13:14
Not forgetting that New Zealand is still part of the Commonwealth, NEW ZEALAND RULES MUCH MORE THAN YOUR SMELLY LITTLE COUNTRY.

England most certainly has not had the most long standing empire! China has been around for a good 6000 years. Beat that one buddy...

kool_kats_rule
28th Jul 2002, 15:12
Our massive empire lasted longest in history! And we sent all the convicts down to NZ and Autralia anyway! so :-P

Arctic_Wolf
28th Jul 2002, 20:14
China is a country, ruling one country is having an empire. It's just a nation. I don't think china has ever ruled over a foreign power, therefore it can't be counted as an Empire.

*sticks toungue out* So there.

Memau_on_Steroids
28th Jul 2002, 20:32
Hmmm, I wonder why I haven't heard of Chins before, is it's capital Cleft?

And didn't China rule Mongolia a long time ago? I can't remember.

Arctic_Wolf
28th Jul 2002, 22:35
China built the great wall to stop the Mongol hoardes from invading. I'm not sure if it worked I'm a little rusty on ancient history.

Ghyron
28th Jul 2002, 22:42
And didn't China rule Mongolia a long time ago? I can't remember.

No, Mongolia (actually the mongol horde under Kublai Khan, I believe) ruled China.

kool_kats_rule
29th Jul 2002, 11:25
I guess the wall didn't work that well then. Or maybe it did, and this happened after they left.

Ghyron
29th Jul 2002, 20:35
The Mongols would just pay a sum of money to the gatekeeper so he would open the gates, usually at night.

SkrasherSmasher
30th Jul 2002, 01:54
Ghyron, YOUR A LIAR!! They gave him expensive wine and Dahenese Sirens to get him to look the other way.

"Ok, you set good buddy? Ok horde! Let's move out!"

LoL. But in all actuallity, the Mongolian horde attacked the wall. They got past it and really slapped some Chinese buttocks. They had to do it a couple times first though.

Mod Edit: Watch your mouth... Theres no need for that, censored or no.

Me Edit: Better?

kool_kats_rule
30th Jul 2002, 11:20
Remember Hadrian's wall? The romans tried to conquer Scotland but couldn't, so just gave up and built a wall.

NZrevenge
30th Jul 2002, 13:14
Since when is empire-ship dictated by whether or not you have ruled over foreign powers? The reason the Chinese might not have subjugated another nation is because they damn well had enough on their own plate! They make up a quater of the world's population (and used to make up an even higher proportion). They invented their own medicine, religion, royalty. All the hallmarks of a great empire are there and it doesn't qualify because of that one little point? I think you'd best be putting your tongue back in your mouth before I open up a can of spam on your bum...

The Great Wall of China did work, the mongols had no notion of seige technology and the couldn't climb. You see, the fact that they were all born on horses (I mean that literally), raised with horses, and always fought on horses meant that they all had bandy legs. Yes, I realised they caught onto seige technology later on, but the wall worked for a while atleast...

And lastly, SkrasherSmasher means expensive booze and virgin maidens, don't you? Get it right man!

Mod Edit: You dang kids and those dang words! I don't want to see any more *'s today... Cut that out!

kool_kats_rule
31st Jul 2002, 11:30
I saw a TV programme on people in Mongolia (Mongols). Serious horses. Anyway, at least we invented football!

NZrevenge
31st Jul 2002, 12:42
Update: China was an empire because at is turns out "China" as we know it was actually composed of 23 completely different countries each forced into the empire. The USSR is another example of a long standing empire, though I don't know how long that lasted.

England's "mines the longest" claim would be it's Monarchy. No other country has ever managed to maintain a royal family as long as England has (everyone else has either presidents or dictators).

As for attacking the wall, it turns out they didn't. They simply gave up on attacking mainland China and started going after the far western provinces that had ended up on the wrong side of the wall... Lucky for them huh?

Where did I find all this out? Mummy-dearest told me so, so it must be true. Just like my TV, she never lies to me. :D

Cazza
31st Jul 2002, 14:02
Yes, I realised they caught onto seige technology later on, but the wall worked for a while atleast...

Actually the Chinese supplied all the siege war know-how after being conquered. I don't think the Mongolians ever mastered the art of sige warfare. Didn't want to get there feet too much on the ground i guess. Though with NZrevenge's err... slightly reliable information from his mum they could of made a deal. Eg.
Kublai Kahn: We will not rape, pillage and destroy your country if you give us stuff to rape, pillage and destroy other country
Chinese Emperor: Well it's a hard choice but i think i'll give you what you need.:rolleyes:

kool_kats_rule
1st Aug 2002, 11:00
England has had the longest monarchy? Is that all families, or just one?

SkrasherSmasher
1st Aug 2002, 19:54
As for attacking the wall, it turns out they didn't. They simply gave up on attacking mainland China and started going after the far western provinces that had ended up on the wrong side of the wall... Lucky for them huh?

What? I thought they got past the wall!!

<Checks source.>

Oops... I forgot to mention the Chineese buttocks was all kicked on the OUTSIDE of the wall. Silly me....:D

Dracoraptor
2nd Aug 2002, 06:48
Go Ghengis Khan!

The most technologicly advanced country in the world is...

Japan

Let's see...

Crowded, indoor beaches, indoor skiing, heck, even indoor graveyards. Square watermelons are nice, and they think bullet trains and maglevs are "Normal". America is fffaaarrr from any of those. In fact, I doubt we will ever have good public transportation for a hundred years.

And why is Bush president? We should make someone who doesn't want to be president president. Because someone who wants to be president certainly shouldn't be president.

kool_kats_rule
2nd Aug 2002, 10:50
You think you have problems? You try taking the underground from Euston to Charing Cross in the middle of a heat wave.

And don't even mention the trains....

(but we have got indoor ski slopes)

Arctic_Wolf
2nd Aug 2002, 10:59
Crowded? just look at London.

Indoor Beaches? No such thing, you must be talking about the Indoor wave parks. There are such things in England as well.

Indoor Skiing: Not on that scall but there cerrtainlky is one

Indoor Graveyards? Oh you mean a mourge? in Hooter-ville(Dracoraptor's place of resisdence, he told me so.) do they just leave bodies outside?

bullet trains and maglevs are "Normal"? They are normal, just very cost inefficient and not worth the trouble replacing the trillion £ worth of track already laid down.

And why is Bush president? We should make someone who doesn't want to be president president. Because someone who wants to be president certainly shouldn't be president.

Bush is president because millions more people voted for Gore, but he went into a temer tantrum so the State gave him presidency to calm him down.

Dracoraptor
2nd Aug 2002, 15:39
Hooter-ville must be burned down to ashes!!!

Or at least painted a different colour. It is nothing to my planet.

Ghyron
2nd Aug 2002, 20:37
Originally posted by Dracoraptor
[i]And why is Bush president? We should make someone who doesn't [b]want to be president president. Because someone who wants to be president certainly shouldn't be president.

If you made someone who didn't want to be president, the president, I doubt he or she would do a very good job (considering that he or she doesn't care). The current American system is one of the best in the world. And from what I know, your George Bush is doing a very good job of running your country.

Dracoraptor
2nd Aug 2002, 20:53
Republican scum!

Honestly, I want to sue ineffective doctors for as much as I can! What's that Bush, I can't even sue them for a dollar now!? Arg!

Gore should've one.

And it is quite funny how the subject of Scuzzers turned into this...

Ghyron
2nd Aug 2002, 21:20
Liberals are cheese.

SkrasherSmasher
2nd Aug 2002, 23:21
YOU are cheese...

But really, Bush isn't exactly a bad leader, why does everyone say so? He's pretty good.

Dracoraptor
2nd Aug 2002, 23:32
I am NOT going to let him pass a law that limits how much I can sue terrible doctors and companies for!

That is the worst law in the history of bad laws. If a doctor messes up my kidney, lungs, or heart, (And of course Testicals!) during surgery, I'll sue for as how much I want! And gas is so exspensive because of him and his "Oil" buddies. I smell El'Revolution!

<Some good presidents were Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), Kennedy (Democrat), Carter (I Forgot), Thomas Jefferson, Clinton (For a Time...), and I do hope we get a Female or Afircan American for president soon, just so I could see the faces that everybody would make and realize they could be better than our normal presidents.>

NZrevenge
3rd Aug 2002, 06:26
I don't understand the SUE SUE SUE mentality many Americans seem to have. I've heard of kids getting sued for hitting a baseball and accidentally hitting someone in the head. That is ridiculous. It was a freakin accident, why don't people just move on? The lady who was hit was lightly concussed and that was it. I've also heard about how you can get sued for giving CPR to someone who needed it, but didn't want it (ie a suicide attempt).

If you want to fix the problem of shoddy doctors etc, then stop privatising hospitals! Healthcare and educational facilities can't be run as businesses, because the first any business does it to try and cut costs, which sometimes works and usually reduces the quality of the service.

Arctic_Wolf
3rd Aug 2002, 11:00
You should here the Compensation claims in England, these are all true!

A Man: "I put my finger in a light socket and lost the use of my left arm. I sued my company and got £500,000 compensation."

A Woman: "I tripped over my foot and sued for compensation. I was awarded £3000."

A stupid Man: "I ate a nail and became ill. I was awarded £100,000 compensation from the company that made the nails."

Ghyron
3rd Aug 2002, 19:44
If you want to fix the problem of shoddy doctors etc, then stop privatising hospitals! Healthcare and educational facilities can't be run as businesses, because the first any business does it to try and cut costs, which sometimes works and usually reduces the quality of the service.

Dear me, I wonder what the communists would say to that. :rolleyes: