PDA

View Full Version : Continual Story

Vivi Ornitier
5th Jul 2002, 23:40
Hey all,

I read, a long time ago that AOD would be an on going story...and that a new 'chapter' to the story would be released something like every 3 months...not the full game length, and also not as expensive....

Is it true? Or will AOD finish in the first game, and that that'll be one game seperate to another....which will obviously follow.

Sorry if someone else has already asked....first time in this forum, and I haven't looked at all the posts yet :) (So hello to everyone again)

Thanks,

Vivi

TombRaiderChik
6th Jul 2002, 00:09
well im not sure about every 3 months but i did hear that the games wuld b like chapters of this one big book.

EddyBones
6th Jul 2002, 00:26
AOD only covers the first few chapters of the script, which takes up the space of a whole book. There are supposed to be 4 games, including AOD:)

angel of darkness ;)
28th Jul 2002, 14:49
did u play final fantasy XI?i had a go & got asfar as the v.last boss in the whole game...but then 4got 2 save game!:eek: lol( this is to Vivi )

Chip Davis
28th Jul 2002, 14:55
Last I heard, Core dropped the idea of releasing new installments on a regular basis. I imagine it'll be the usual, "Let's put up the Christmas tree and go buy the new TR" kind of scenario (as it's always been, with the exception of this past year.)

I wonder if the engine will improve with each new chapter, or if they'll focus purely on advancing the story. If the story is to be told in five games, then we'll be dealing with a 5 year old engine by the time the final chapter comes out, kind of like what happened with the original TR series. Let's hope Core doesn't make that mistake again.

thanhkim
29th Jul 2002, 10:07
Well I will be happy if Core can reach TR 500 I hope I'm still alive for that one. We can have Lara, her daughter, her daughter's daughter, and so on and so forth....