PDA

View Full Version : strpix3 help

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 20:36
When I use Strpix3 everything works good until all of a sudden it crashed and a error message comes up. Its almost has if it is timed or something because when I use Strpix 3 , it works for a while. Then some time later a error message just comes up and strpix freezes. It is so annoying. Anyone know what is wrong?

Wee Bald Man
5th Jul 2002, 20:56
Sounds like a memory leak from something to do with drawing the graphics in Strpix - shot in the dark here, but have you got the latest DirectX and video card drivers installed? If that doesn't fix it - try updating / re-installing the Runtime modules.

WBM

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 20:59
how do i reinstall and were can I find the lastest directX? But all the other tomb raider level editor programs work for me. Strpix 3 is the only one.

Wee Bald Man
6th Jul 2002, 17:24
Originally posted by snickrep2002
how do i reinstall and were can I find the lastest directX? But all the other tomb raider level editor programs work for me. Strpix 3 is the only one.

By re-install I meant unzip and replace your existing Strpix with the latest version of Strpix (in case some files have been accidently corrupted).

Latest DirectX is available from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx81.asp

If you are running on XP ask folks here what to do because I know that some people have experienced problems with XP.

WBM

snickrep2002
6th Jul 2002, 17:42
thanks

psiko
7th Jul 2002, 00:10
I had a problem like that (not apparent reasons for crashes) when I was listening to some mp3's.
That was the reason, but I cannot tell you why.
If you still have that problem (and you were listening to some mp3's while building) that could be a reason.

Or probably mine was an isolated case :p

snickrep2002
7th Jul 2002, 00:47
MINE IS VERY SIMILAR TO THAT!:D

I download Kazaa, a mp3 player.

Eversince I download it, Strpix 3 crashes.