PDA

View Full Version : Lara Taking Damage

AJDave2k3
5th Jul 2002, 19:01
I was wondering if anyone has confirmed the rumor about Lara showing the damage that she takes throughout the game. For example if she falls from a high place she limps around or she starts bleeding and cuts appear.

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 20:00
I hadn't even heard about that being a possiblity, but it'd be kinda cool!

That, and if she misses an enemy with her gun, the wall or whatever, would show the damage from the bullets. :)

LARAMANIAC
5th Jul 2002, 20:03
That would be cool as long as it didn't go too far - no dying swan routine!!!!!!!!:p

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 20:16
Dying swan routine??

Wouldn't it be great too, that when Lara gets out of the water, you'd be able to see spots on the ground. And then a trail of water spots on the ground behind her as she runs. lol That'd help for a maze too.

Kurtis Trent
5th Jul 2002, 21:00
that would be cool.;)

LARAMANIAC
6th Jul 2002, 20:45
Aquarius - the dying swan routine implies a very dramatic, over exaggerated death!!

The spots of blood and injured limbs are a great idea!!!:p

thanhkim
7th Jul 2002, 00:15
Not to much of a gore fest is all I can say.

Jadetale
9th Jul 2002, 19:24
That's a great idea!!
Or, I think they should do kind of what happens in the Resident Evil series, where the charcters do three different poses for each time they're injured. I liked knowing how close I was to death so I didn't wonder the question "But I was at full health... I shouldn't have died!!"

Adding on to that, they should have Lara start to breathe shallowly when shot or hurt a lot, and when you press the look button, the vision would be blurry...

Sang
10th Jul 2002, 05:02
I like the idea that when Lara fall down hard and get hurt, she would limp for a while, and not as quick as usual. That would make the game more challenging.

FoxyKat
10th Jul 2002, 06:22
The limping stuff would get so annoying, but i like the bullet holes idea, if any of you have ever played Oni, it has that done already, and its really cool.

Does anyone know if Lara will fight like Konoko on the Oni game. If any of you haven't played Oni, i suggest you do. The only problem with it is that you can't carry more then one gun, other wise its like this Japanese Anime version of Tombraider with this whole future twist, and of course, Konoko the star has a ton of moves, punching, kicking, combos, specials, she can slide, dash for forever, walk normal, run normal, sneak up on bad guys( all this can be combined with the punches and kicks and combos) i could babble on about this.

I hope the AOD has something similar to the Oni game, i think its starting to pull me away from TR. Help!

AJDave2k3
10th Jul 2002, 06:59
I wasn't very happy with the controling on Oni i guess i was just not really wanting to learn them all over again. I guess you're right in saying that the limping would get annoying if you had to put up with it throughout the game i mean i'll admit it i suck at tombraider and my lara would be crawling everywhere because she was so broken... then i'd heal her and then she'd fall off some cliff or something stupid like that. I have this habbit accidently pressing the save button when she's falling and i want to load instead.

FoxyKat
11th Jul 2002, 04:54
yea the controls where weird on Oni, but once you got use to them it was easy. It was the same with TR when i first started playing and i know a lot of people who had trouble when they first starting TR just like when they tried Oni. I mean, it was hard going around corners and running strait. Also stopping when you where in a sprint. It took me forever on TR3 to do that run and dive/roll thing.
whatever it was.