PDA

View Full Version : T2: Soulforge Questions

Finders Keepers
5th Jul 2002, 11:49
Just finished Soulforge (although I never would have figured out how to open the door to the place where you place the signal beacon without a little help from a secrets page). But I still have a few questions:

(1) Is there any way to get into that room that contains (I think) Karras? I tried blowing up that metal "door" with an explosive device and 4 mines, with no luck. I tried blowing up the window and metal screen, with no luck. Is it really impregnable, or I have just missed an easy way to get in?

(2) What is the purpose of the fountain? Back in T1, we could use fountains to make water arrows to destroy the undead. As far as I could tell, the only thing you could do with this fountain is to turn off the lights around the fountain.

(3) There's an area protecting the entrance to a signal antenna where if you go forward, you get killed from above by a machine, so you have to go through a window to the left into a room that has lots of lava, and then finally into a long hallway on the left that takes you to the elevator. (I know this is a terrible description; I think this area is on the upper left-hand corner of the map that shows all the signal antenna locations.) There is a big lever at the beginning of that hallway. Does it do anything? I couldn't see that it did.

(4) What's the point of the golden boy in this level? Is it just to draw you into the room that contains all the supplies?

(5) I have two questions about the area that has the pool of water with the underwater tunnels and the checkerboard-like layout on the floor of metal grates. First, when you exit the pool of water using the ladder and you take a quick left, there's a big lever there next to the machinery. As far as I can tell, the lever does nothing. Am I wrong? Second, in that same area but on the other side of the room, a hole takes you down to a room with what looks like a boiler or two. Is there any way to escape that room other than the way you came into it? If not, what's the point of the room, other than as a temporary hiding place?

Thanks. As you can see, it's not over till it's over. . .

RicknMel
5th Jul 2002, 12:42
Welcome to the forum! :)

..btw...I like your name! LOL :D

I always have a hard time with Soulforge...it's soooo big. But I can at least answer one of your questions.....

#1 - Karras's room. - Nope...no way in, unless you use DromEd. I've been in there, and there's nothing to do but look around.
:)

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out with the rest of them. Good Luck! :)

Nightwalker
5th Jul 2002, 13:04
Welcome to the forum! :)

I guess I really need to find time to replay the OMs, because they're getting pretty fuzzy in my mind. Hopefully, theBlackman will check in, because he'd be the one with the answers.

For now, though, RicknMel answered one, I'll go for another. The fountain is a healing fountain, I believe. It heals any damage you've taken. If you hadn't been hurt, you wouldn't notice anything happen, so it would be hard to figure out.

I can answer one more, the golden boy. He really has no purpose as far as I've ever heard. He's pretty much just a nuisance!

theBlackman
5th Jul 2002, 14:59
Originally posted by Finders Keepers
Just finished Soulforge (although I never would have figured out how to open the door to the place where you place the signal beacon without a little help from a secrets page). But I still have a few questions:

(1) Is there any way to get into that room that contains (I think) Karras? I tried blowing up that metal "door" with an explosive device and 4 mines, with no luck. I tried blowing up the window and metal screen, with no luck. Is it really impregnable, or I have just missed an easy way to get in?

(2) What is the purpose of the fountain? Back in T1, we could use fountains to make water arrows to destroy the undead. As far as I could tell, the only thing you could do with this fountain is to turn off the lights around the fountain.

(3) There's an area protecting the entrance to a signal antenna where if you go forward, you get killed from above by a machine, so you have to go through a window to the left into a room that has lots of lava, and then finally into a long hallway on the left that takes you to the elevator. (I know this is a terrible description; I think this area is on the upper left-hand corner of the map that shows all the signal antenna locations.) There is a big lever at the beginning of that hallway. Does it do anything? I couldn't see that it did.

(4) What's the point of the golden boy in this level? Is it just to draw you into the room that contains all the supplies?

(5) I have two questions about the area that has the pool of water with the underwater tunnels and the checkerboard-like layout on the floor of metal grates. First, when you exit the pool of water using the ladder and you take a quick left, there's a big lever there next to the machinery. As far as I can tell, the lever does nothing. Am I wrong? Second, in that same area but on the other side of the room, a hole takes you down to a room with what looks like a boiler or two. Is there any way to escape that room other than the way you came into it? If not, what's the point of the room, other than as a temporary hiding place?

Thanks. As you can see, it's not over till it's over. . .

5: The area with the grates. The lever opens the large valve at the end of the room. This gives you access to the "water" from that end. There is another exit from that "boiler" room.

4: The Golden Boy is a toy. Eyecandy. Really doesn't do much.

3: The lever opens a secret passage between the hall from the "Gauntlet" and the room with the Lava trench ( actually it's molten metal) The Warbot patrolling that area can be dodged to get to the elevator to the Beacon antenna. You can be creative with the bridge.

This Room can be entered from the Room with the "Flashing" lights. Or from the tunnel at the "Gauntlet".

2: The fountain will "HEAL" you and restore lost health shields. It works like a health potion. Click (USE) it when you are wounded. Otherwise you see no effect.

1: NO NO NO