PDA

View Full Version : Leagues Beta 6.0 Rewards Are On Their Way

Oghamsmith
6th Apr 2016, 15:05
Branded with a symbol that never quite stops shifting in the light, Tyrants marked by the Leagues symbol have shown that they have what it takes to dominate the battlefield.

League rewards for League Beta 6.0 are currently being sent to qualifying players around the globe. The Tyrant skin and keys will arrive over the next couple of hours, while Eternal players should receive an email from ESL next week, asking them for the account into which they want their winnings paid.

http://i.giphy.com/UUums3itr4JdS.gif

Congratulations to everyone who managed to secure a prize!

SquirtleAttaX
6th Apr 2016, 15:14
April 1st is over boys...

Vampmaster
6th Apr 2016, 15:30
Like I said before, it should have been something like a decal that could be swapped between various Tyrant skins. At least them we'd get some better use out it. The various elemental effects use separate meshes rendered on top of the vampire's hands, so maybe *in future*, this tattoo and others could be implemented in the same way.

But really, at this point, I half expect the next league reward to have something as negligible as a slightly different eye colour.

The_Dapper_Sapper
6th Apr 2016, 15:57
And the next League reward will be... VAMPIRE PIERCINGS!
BEDAZZLE your undead peers with your EXQUISITE sense of FASHION!

cubtheantagonist
6th Apr 2016, 16:07
im so dissapointed I havent been around like 1 year ago so I could have played some decent leagues with decent rewards, now I get couple of keys which opens total trash from chests and that damn skin that i wouldnt even use over the default one. Spending so many hours climbing these bugged ladders for this? Just ban me please in game it will be easier to get rid of this game like that.

Vampmaster
6th Apr 2016, 16:09

But those would require mesh changes. Well, unless they're just the tiny stud type. That could be done with a single gold pixel.

J_Walker
6th Apr 2016, 16:10
Reward on league 7
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SJRBeMjjQh0/VRr0d3ReN8I/AAAAAAAAGmk/iGiek9owswg/s1600/nosgoth-rahabim3.png
Joking ,there will be no one playing the game by then.

Roy644
6th Apr 2016, 16:28
"LALALALALA There's no problem with the game LALALALALALA I don't hear you LALALALALALA Look at the Tyrant tattoo LALALALALA"

SirSleepALot
6th Apr 2016, 18:06
Reward on league 7
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SJRBeMjjQh0/VRr0d3ReN8I/AAAAAAAAGmk/iGiek9owswg/s1600/nosgoth-rahabim3.png
Joking ,there will be no one playing the game by then.

I think this is photoshopped. Normally the shark would rotate :friends:

The_Dapper_Sapper
6th Apr 2016, 18:16
I think this is photoshopped. Normally the shark would rotate :friends:
That screenshot is obviously fake. Notice how there's no Beastmaster tab?

It's pretty convincing though. It almost fooled me but this old fox is too sly for the likes of J Walker.

LegacyOfKayn
6th Apr 2016, 18:47
So SE calls that a league reward now? That's a joke at best.The league bfore this 1 we were supposed to get "a special FX on the sonic boom" that was pretty dissapointing to begin with,but we got a sonic boom with Witchfire effect?
So 1st witchfire now this? League rewards r becoming a joke,u guys should stop leagues till u actually have the rewards ready and some SS of them so that ppl will know what they r struggling for.
If i knew this'll be the reward,i wouldn't have even bothered with last league.

Gugulug5000
6th Apr 2016, 19:18
Yeah these rewards are getting really underwhelming. Look, I get that Psyonix can't throw all of the really cool skins out as league rewards. That was probably the issue with the first three league rewards. If the rewards are cooler than the items in the store, no one will buy the the store items. Making the items less cool is a necessary evil. The problem is that now we're getting less awesome rewards for the same amount of effort as before. I haven't even bothered with the last two leagues. The new rewards aren't worth that. They expect us to play Nosgoth for most of our spare time now and then give us something underwhelming like this.

Here's the solution: If Psyonix is going to lower the quality of the prizes, they need to lower the requirement for getting the prize. Make it gold. Even that seems like too much for the quality of these prizes. Hearthstone does just fine giving away their monthly prize after like 10 wins. People go back to Hearthstone monthly to get the prize, they'd do the same for Nosgoth. Plus then people wouldn't have to spend every waking moment playing Nosgoth on their days off, and thus wouldn't get burned out. Psyonix could keep releasing a new league every month with no wait time, and most people wouldn't feel burned out about it.

GenFeelGood
6th Apr 2016, 19:36
I'd prefer that if the prizes are going to be such subtle skin changes and additions, that they be placed on something other than the base skins at the very least.

Raptr0s
6th Apr 2016, 22:00
So, Humans get Bloody Survivors and vampires get... glowy skin? On the default skin?

Nothanks I'll use my warlord.

Speaking of which...

I can't help but feel like the EXECUTIONER WAS going to be the Tyrant skin planned for the reward on 6.0, but for some unforeseen circumstance, he was moved to a chest reward instead, and this skin was more or less rushed out....

Call it a hunch, but the Executioner DOES seem very similar to the survivors in terms of color scheme and style.
Also, a variant of the Executioner, The Warlord, exists.

So, before, you'd win the heavy version of the skin, and could buy the light version for a little, then it becomes a chest reward.

Somehow, I feel like the Executioner was the reward, the Warlord was his lighter version, and he was planned for a chest, but got swapped to a loyalty reward instead.

Since they're "downgrading" for lack of a better term, the skins for rewards, they ended up making the lighter tyrant skin more readily available, and the heavier version a rare chest reward... just to keep it rare...

Call me a tin-hat man, but that scenario kind of makes sense to me...

TheDreamcrusher
7th Apr 2016, 04:35
Congratulations to everyone who managed to secure a prize because that mid-season patch butchered the hell out of our lobbies and matchmaking!

But, but, but... the goalposts!

Meh.

SonixSquad
7th Apr 2016, 05:50
So, Humans get Bloody Survivors and vampires get... glowy skin? On the default skin?

Nothanks I'll use my warlord.

Speaking of which...

I can't help but feel like the EXECUTIONER WAS going to be the Tyrant skin planned for the reward on 6.0, but for some unforeseen circumstance, he was moved to a chest reward instead, and this skin was more or less rushed out....

Call it a hunch, but the Executioner DOES seem very similar to the survivors in terms of color scheme and style.
Also, a variant of the Executioner, The Warlord, exists.

So, before, you'd win the heavy version of the skin, and could buy the light version for a little, then it becomes a chest reward.

Somehow, I feel like the Executioner was the reward, the Warlord was his lighter version, and he was planned for a chest, but got swapped to a loyalty reward instead.

Since they're "downgrading" for lack of a better term, the skins for rewards, they ended up making the lighter tyrant skin more readily available, and the heavier version a rare chest reward... just to keep it rare...

Call me a tin-hat man, but that scenario kind of makes sense to me...

This.
Luckily for Psyonix, my motivation for playing leagues was not dependent on the Tyrant skin reward, or I probably wouldn't have played this season at all.
I played mostly because I actually preferred the matchmaking system of Leagues to the Casual lobby matchmaking system which seems to deem it fair when the opposite team is a full premade. Limiting this to pairs seems a better system in terms of balance and everyone in the match seemed to mostly be there to win once you reached Gold and higher divisions as opposed to complete new starters in casual not even knowing the basics.

If players want to play as a full premade in Casual, put them in a aseperate queue versus other full premades making sure they can see how many full premades are queuing so they don't waste their time.

Lobby breaking bugs aside, this season was completely ruined also by the introduction of the BeastMaster & Sonic Boom ability midway IMO and this kind of move should not be repeated.

Lessons to be learnt (and hopefully not repeated) from this season for sure. I hope you are taking notes Psyonix.

HexMee
7th Apr 2016, 09:32
You released a patch midseason rendering it literally impossible to climb the ladder because
1: You could not get games when searching.
2: If you got a game and won it you were most likely not rewarded points and on rare occasions you lost points for winning
3: You could not search together with a friend as a duo because of the dumb ghost party bug so each (extremely rare) game was basically a coin toss.

Despite this you did not freeze the season until things got fixed and now you "Congratulate" everyone who "managed to secure a prize" without extending the season proportionally to the days that we lost so we can at least have a fair chance at the prices?
Despicable.

If you're going to go through with this nutcracking suckerpunch to the balls on everyone in your entire community at least let it be the last one and never start another "league" season ever again. Or, you know, change your mind, like you did in the firstplace with altering things mid-season and give us another 1 or 2 weeks extension of league 6.0 when you get your game working.

mindfactoryM
7th Apr 2016, 10:29
I didnt get the skin due to reasons above,and im not angry.Not one bit.
Still.The main Issues are Black Screen,Connect you square Enix..... ,502 bad Gateway,Server problems,Partysystem,the stated above about the problems in league,and lately even crashing my PC (rare).
It would be nice if we get a Statement every now and again so we see that u care.Take your time and work on the Problems.....but tell us that u do.Hope that isn`t to much to expect.
Thanx for the work u been putting in so far...Its a great Game(if working)...
...think u need to hear this every once in a while....

Oh.And by the Way.
Why do i have to accept the Terms "every"time i open the game lately???Is there a reason to that??

trollmeharderpsyonix
7th Apr 2016, 10:58
You released a patch midseason rendering it literally impossible to climb the ladder because
1: You could not get games when searching.
2: If you got a game and won it you were most likely not rewarded points and on rare occasions you lost points for winning
3: You could not search together with a friend as a duo because of the dumb ghost party bug so each (extremely rare) game was basically a coin toss.

Despite this you did not freeze the season until things got fixed and now you "Congratulate" everyone who "managed to secure a prize" without extending the season proportionally to the days that we lost so we can at least have a fair chance at the prices?
Despicable.

If you're going to go through with this nutcracking suckerpunch to the balls on everyone in your entire community at least let it be the last one and never start another "league" season ever again. Or, you know, change your mind, like you did in the firstplace with altering things mid-season and give us another 1 or 2 weeks extension of league 6.0 when you get your game working.

THIS.

I stopped playin ranked after the beastmaster update because nothing was working.
I got 40 lost games added to my account and dropped around 10 eternal ranks (which also put me in another prize category) without ever playing since the update.

but i thought "hey screw it, they gonna reset the points to before the update and extend the league".
and now you hand out the prizes :D Hilarious.

i really start to think that you don't care about the game anymore.

Where is the communication i was used too when i first started the game a year ago?
so many bugs, issues, open questions, no replys. NOWHERE.

if you can't handle the 1000 people community on nosgoth, good luck on your next job after nosgoth is done.

Grisamentum
7th Apr 2016, 16:34

XD

@Oghamsmith How come you guys didn't just do a palette swap skin or perhaps take the helmet from Warlord & stick it on the Turelim Platemail, for example? Or...you could've turned the Evolved Summoner skin green like the Melchahim are in Soul Reaver & made her more bloody. That would be worth playing for ;)

Zarxiel93
7th Apr 2016, 17:17
XD

@Oghamsmith How come you guys didn't just do a palette swap skin or perhaps take the helmet from Warlord & stick it on the Turelim Platemail, for example? Or...you could've turned the Evolved Summoner skin green like the Melchahim are in Soul Reaver & made her more bloody. That would be worth playing for ;)

The adult Melchiahim are green, the Evolved skins are the fledling and the fledling Melchiaim have the same color of the Evolved skin, so this is ok, but if they want make the adult skins too, will be great.

Vampmaster
7th Apr 2016, 17:33
Nosgoth is still quite a few centuries before Raziel emerges from the abyss. There needs to be room to progress. I think the green is actually gangrene rather than part of their evolution, hence it would come from lack of fresh parts. For example, Melchiah most likely didn't turn green because he saved all the fresh parts for himself. There are still large numbers of humans around in this era, so there wouldn't be a shortage of parts just yet. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be pretty rare for now. And like I was saying, there needs to be room to progress over the centuries.

kLauE187
7th Apr 2016, 17:42
Had a blast playing ranked 6.0. Thanks a lot for the money and i can't wait to use this awesome tyrant skin :worship:

Sasha_Vykos
7th Apr 2016, 18:55
well at least they havent abandoned the development of the game. This what i was thinking considering that the game is in an embarassing state for 3 weeks now. No need to comment that skin^^

Zarxiel93
7th Apr 2016, 20:01
Nosgoth is still quite a few centuries before Raziel emerges from the abyss. There needs to be room to progress. I think the green is actually gangrene rather than part of their evolution, hence it would come from lack of fresh parts. For example, Melchiah most likely didn't turn green because he saved all the fresh parts for himself. There are still large numbers of humans around in this era, so there wouldn't be a shortage of parts just yet. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be pretty rare for now. And like I was saying, there needs to be room to progress over the centuries.

Remember too the evolved skin are ispirated by the fledling vampires, and the fledling Melchiahim have normal skin colour, like th evolved skin.

JesyMynce
13th Apr 2016, 16:58
Branded with a symbol that never quite stops shifting in the light, Tyrants marked by the Leagues symbol have shown that they have what it takes to dominate the battlefield.

League rewards for League Beta 6.0 are currently being sent to qualifying players around the globe. The Tyrant skin and keys will arrive over the next couple of hours, while Eternal players should receive an email from ESL next week, asking them for the account into which they want their winnings paid.

http://i.giphy.com/UUums3itr4JdS.gif

Congratulations to everyone who managed to secure a prize!

'while Eternal players should receive an email from ESL next week, asking them for the account into which they want their winnings paid '

Still haven't received an email? Have the rewards been disbanded? Knowing it will spend me a lot of waiting.

Oghamsmith
15th Apr 2016, 13:28
'while Eternal players should receive an email from ESL next week, asking them for the account into which they want their winnings paid '

Still haven't received an email? Have the rewards been disbanded? Knowing it will spend me a lot of waiting.

Eternal players should receive an email from ESL on Sunday about their reward.

vampirelucky
4th May 2016, 17:06
Eternal players should receive an email from ESL on Sunday about their reward.

The ESL email said the "we will send out the Nosgoth 6.0 payments on 2nd May" - today is the 4th and I haven't received anything yet.

Oghamsmith
5th May 2016, 09:25
I believe their member of staff in charge of prizing distribution has been out ill over the last couple of days. ESL is working to get prizing out to you all as soon as they can. I would imagine that you should have it within the next week.

_Thevo_
13th May 2016, 18:56
And still no news...

Are you sure their staff member is just ill? Could it be he's dead or got fired? :scratch:

Cristari
13th May 2016, 22:50
Is there any point to delivering in game items as rewards if there isn't going to be a game after the 31st of May?

BZiGER
15th May 2016, 10:47
I still didn't get money for Nosgoth League 5.0 when that is going to happen ?

Oghamsmith
16th May 2016, 09:28
Hi there everyone.

The in-game rewards were delivered quite some time ago. ESL League rewards should have been sent out on Friday at the latest. I'm following up with ESL to find out what the current status is.

Toadzillasenpai
16th May 2016, 12:40
@BIZGER

Same for me, I just got money for 1 League and my friend Squirtle got it from both. I hope there was just a misunderstanding or it got somehow delayed.

Thank you Oghamsmit that you are still helping us to recieve the money ! :)

Oghamsmith
17th May 2016, 09:46
Hi guys,

I've heard back from ESL and they've sent out the majority of the prize money across all seasons. They have been back in touch with some players who didn't provide the correct payment details, so be sure to double check your mail boxes for additional mail from ESL.

If you still haven't received a payment, please feel free to respond to the email address that originally asked you for your payment details. They should be able to clarify the situation.

All the best,
Oghamsmith