PDA

View Full Version : (mini)State of Play - March 2016

Oghamsmith
31st Mar 2016, 19:54
Denizens of Nosgoth,

The month of March brought quite a bit of excitement to the world of Nosgoth as the largest single game update to date finally found its way into the wild. The vast majority of work over recent months went into creating everything contained within that update, bringing it online, and working on follow-up fixes. As such, March’s State of Play provides us with a chance to reflect upon that mammoth release.

The Beastmaster
The brand new Human class, the Beastmaster (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYR-nIqTHAE), was of course the big ticket item. He introduced a whole world of possibilities with regards to how the human forces might decide to wage war. The power of flight is nothing to be sniffed at. Combined with Nature’s Fury, Leyline, Powershot or Chain Lighting; and you have a tricky, but potentially deadly combo.

Rewards Vs Challenges
Over the course of many months, we had received quite a lot of feedback about the Daily Reward rotator. It was laggy, not particularly fun, and even frustrating for quite a few of you. We were very pleased to be able to introduce Daily Challenges (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=186067) to Nosgoth They certainly ask more of you, but offer better rewards as well. We have been pleased to see that quite a few of you appreciated that.

Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom quickly become one of the hottest talking points surrounding the Beastmaster update. Unfortunately that wasn’t quite for the right reasons. A huge amount of energy, testing & focus had gone into ensuring that the Beastmaster wasn’t overpowered on launch (we very much wanted to avoid the whole “release new OP class & nerf it a month later” pitfall). The Sonic Boom issues sadly managed to sneak under the radar. Thanks to a great deal of feedback from many of you very soon after the update went live, we were able to release a follow-up patch (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=188053) that brought Sonic Boom back in line with the rest of the game.

Bugs & Fixes
Speaking of the follow-up patch (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=188053). Making that many changes to a live game without introducing new bugs would have been an act that even Kain may have struggled to achieve….*cough*….assuming he ran a small video game dev team…*cough*. We immediately set about collecting bugs, prioritising fixes, and getting work under way. Some fixes on the backend went live the following day, some were integrated into client-side patch that went live a week later, with work continuing on more fixes. A backend fix for a username bug went live just yesterday for example.

Skins Galore
This update saw the introduction of a whole new chest series for the Humans and Vampires. These chests have been chocked full of a whole host of new skins (http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/BeastmasterUpdateBanner.jpg), including the Marked Exalted Vampires, Exalted Vanguard & Prophet armor, Alchemist Bloody Survivor, Two Armored Tyrant skins, Summoner Ghoul skins, brand new Vanguard shields, Immortal Weapons and much more.

While most of today’s State of Play focuses on the Beastmaster update, we do have a few points to discuss that you’ll see in the live game very soon.

Leagues Beta 6.0 Reward
Branded with a symbol that never quite stops shifting in the light, Tyrants marked by the Leagues symbol have shown that they have what it takes to dominate the battlefield.

http://i.giphy.com/UUums3itr4JdS.gif

Taking a break from Leagues
We recently received quite a bit of feedback from many of you letting us know that you would like to have a bit of a break from the pressures of climbing the ladder at the end of a League season. So that’s just what we’ll be doing after Leagues Beta 6.0.

The return of Capture the Body
Plenty of you have been asking to sink your teeth into Capture the Body once again. We’ll be doing just that once this Leagues season comes to an end. Capture the Body will run from the 1st of April through to the early hours of the 8th of April.

I know that many of you will have come to this thread with the hope of learning more about what the future holds for Nosgoth. While we can’t go into detail with you about that today, we will be discussing that more during the month of April.

Ygdrasel
31st Mar 2016, 20:02
"Market Exalted Vampires"

"we do have a frew points to discuss..."

Typos. :p

Looking forward to CtB's return. Can't wait for it to become a permanent fixture someday.

Vampmaster
31st Mar 2016, 20:10
@Oghamsmith, Don't tell me you're going to try moving into release with the game in the state it's been lately. It will backfire badly. The same goes for if a similarly huge patch (such as Rahabim) is added soon after. People won't come back if things go that badly just as they arrive.

Also, that tattoo could just as easily have been a decal that we could stick on any tyrant skin. We'd get far better use of it that way. It's too similar to the default skin otherwise.

P.S. Has anyone at SE/Psyonix at least verified that the league points bug is more than just a display issue? Many of us have encountered these problems.

TheDreamcrusher
31st Mar 2016, 20:19
Also, that tattoo could just as easily have been a decal that we could stick on any tyrant skin. We'd get far better use of it that way. It's too similar to the default skin otherwise.

The artists are probably doing concept drawings or already started on meshes and textures for whatever class is next. I guess I'm not that bothered by not getting this month's league reward. Now that I've seen it, I'm not that excited and wasn't excited about the golden shotgun either.

vampirelucky
31st Mar 2016, 20:25
Agreed. Or at the very least change the colors slightly in addition to the tattoo.

ZittoN_
31st Mar 2016, 20:31
So when will the real bugs be fixed again? I'm just wondering.. Still have 1 year old bugs around like the summoners minions and deceivers illusion standing around from first round on to second. Party system and "your account is not linked" close your game and computer and maybe your power and internet and press F1 and maybe the game will work next time you want to get back in a lobby" Inviting friends!? see who is in a lobby or match or not even online? And this reward skin, are you kidding ? Who would want that !? How lazy are the team?! Why not just close the game if zero ... is given about anything anymore? Easier to add more and more skins and weird chests to try get money to rocket league or what? . Nosgoth is the test game, "if you can fix this bug you will work on a real game like rocket league" Congratulations.

SirSleepALot
31st Mar 2016, 20:44
This is April fools, right?

Right?!

I mean you can't just say "we're going to crush some more bugs later this week" then go silent (forum, social media channels) for the rest of the week and come here today without any real improvements.

Oh, you fixed a nickname bug. What?

Oh, the tyrant has a tattoo. What?

"we will be discussing that more during the month of April." What? Do you guys think that you'll still have a players base without ranked and with fake promises by the end of April?

I strangely find myself playing this game for some reason. I guess it's because I made friends within the community so I still have some patience, but that patience will soon run out.

Please let this be some April fools joke.
Please....

Ysanoire
31st Mar 2016, 20:59
THIS is what we've been grinding for?

So you decided not to address the issue everyone's been reporting with broken league points, but instead just made the reward so undesirable nobody is going to complain? Brilliant.

At least the decision was made to not start another season while the game is in this state, which is the right thing to do. And its state is very sorry indeed. I am disappointed that summing up things everyone knows took 6 paragraphs but no mention was made as to when we can expect fixes to the most dire problems, or whether anything about the leagues is going to be changed.

Zarxiel93
31st Mar 2016, 21:39
Only this? Really? This state of play is even worst of the december's state of play, the only REALLY new is will back "CtB", the others things was already released or you already said to us.
What about the "Hey, we are working in the Rahabim class"? Nothing? REALLY? I hope this is a 1st april joke... because is a SHAME

Keelei
31st Mar 2016, 21:48
And now, THE ACTUAL NOSGOTH STATE OF PLAY

The game is completely broken and unplayable and nobody fixed anything for 3 weeks, we hope you won't notice.

J_Walker
31st Mar 2016, 22:23

Right?!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/U8Ni8E7s2Pg/hqdefault.jpg

wortelriandu
31st Mar 2016, 23:49

Right?!

I mean you can't just say "we're going to crush some more bugs later this week" then go silent (forum, social media channels) for the rest of the week and come here today without any real improvements.

Oh, you fixed a nickname bug. What?

Oh, the tyrant has a tattoo. What?

"we will be discussing that more during the month of April." What? Do you guys think that you'll still have a players base without ranked and with fake promises by the end of April?

I strangely find myself playing this game for some reason. I guess it's because I made friends within the community so I still have some patience, but that patience will soon run out.

Please let this be some April fools joke.
Please....

You find yourself playing this game, like others, including me because you got addicted to it, since they "forced" you to grind hundreds (thousands) of games for rank on league mode. When you spend 5/6 hours of your day playing a game its a habit that wont go away that easily and game makers know this and take advantage. Do they care about the hardcore players complaints? No, "let's make something new, even if not needed and unbalanced, just so we can make more money". I understand this is not charity, its a business, but i also believe there are other parts of business then selling stuff. Keeping customers satisfied Is a big part of it, so I heard.

Roy644
1st Apr 2016, 08:37
Ok ok... No word on the broken party system ? NO WORD ? It's been 3 weeks, 3 weeks without being able to play with friends.
There are countless reactions about that, here, and on the Steam forums.

Please realize that some people won't care about the Beastmaster, the return of Capture the Body or anything new regarding content IF THEY CANNOT PLAY PROPERLY WITH FRIENDS. I don't care about anything new if I'm forced to play solo all the time. Is it completely out of mind to think that people might enjoy the game much more with friends ?

I love the game. Very much. But always playing alone when you have 5 other friends with whom you want to have fun is just frustrating. I stopped playing, like many others. Don't you care ? AT ALL ? Your loyal long-time playerbase clearly cares a lot more than you do...

FIX THE PARTY SYSTEM PLEASE ! We've been patient enough I think.

Issues encountered (in case you still didn't see them for yourselves or read the countless posts about this) :

- most of the times, friends are showing in the list, but when inviting them, either the invite never arrives or it does, but accepting just does nothing ;

- sometimes, friends aren't showing at all in-game (but they are in the launcher) ;

- sometimes, invites work but when searching for a game and/or finding a lobby, some people just get kicked out of the party ;

- and of course, more than often, the "please link your account blabla" error message. This one goes for solo and party.

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2016, 09:14
Every time they go suspiciously quiet like this, they're usually planning on some big change and my gut tells me they're so busy worrying about moving the game into release that they've lost focus on actually getting it into a state where it's safe to do that.

Roy644
1st Apr 2016, 09:21
Every time they go suspiciously quiet like this, they're usually planning on some big change and my gut tells me they're so busy worrying about moving the game into release that they've lost focus on actually getting it into a state where it's safe to do that.

Man... April fools joke ? How could they seriously plan to get the game out of beta with that many bugs ? It's not possible. They can't possibly think people will stick around if the launcher gives you a black screen 50% of the time, if you need to restart the game 70% of the time to avoid the classic "please link your account" error, and if you literally can't play with friends because of the broken party system... And the state of last league season is concerning for the future of leagues.

From my perspective, the game is unplayable right now and the CURRENT STATE needs to be a priority. If they don't solve those issues, the game simply can't go out of beta state.

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2016, 09:25
Man... April fools joke ? How could they seriously plan to get the game out of beta with that many bugs ? It's not possible. They can't possibly think people will stick around if the launcher gives you a black screen 50% of the time, if you need to restart the game 70% of the time to avoid the classic "please link your account" error, and if you literally can't play with friends because of the broken party system... And the state of last league season is concerning for the future of leagues.

From my perspective, the game is unplayable right now and the CURRENT STATE needs to be a priority. If they don't solve those issues, the game simply can't go out of beta state.

If it was an April fools joke, I'd be announcing it that it was going to happen rather than just saying I fear that it might be happening. My speculation is based on the recent interviews, and what the devs have been saying on the forums, when they actually show up.

Roy644
1st Apr 2016, 09:36
If it was an April fools joke, I'd be announcing it that it was going to happen rather than just saying I fear that it might be happening. My speculation is based on the recent interviews, and what the devs have been saying on the forums, when they actually show up.

You might be right... It would explain why we never had any answers concerning current problems, even in a freaking "state of play".
This one basically said "look, we made some cool stuff in the last update, here's CtB return, see you next time !"

I feel like they come here, just go "lalalala I don't hear you lalalala look at our new stuff lalalala" and leave...

kLauE187
1st Apr 2016, 10:32
Guess this state of month came a few hours too early :lmao:

The_Dapper_Sapper
1st Apr 2016, 11:05
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/67569592.jpg

SirSleepALot
1st Apr 2016, 12:05
Nosgoth, where are the bug fixes?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

lucinvampire
1st Apr 2016, 12:32
Yeah I don't mind there not being anything new mentioned this month, but I definitely would like an update on the bug fixes. If the team are working away to get these things fixed, then it’s ok but please keep the players in the loop.

The fixes that have been applied yesterday, was it only the name issue that was fixed or more?

Truthfully I just want to be able to play without stress of restarting the game constantly and play with my friends (as a team)...

Whoopdidoohah
1st Apr 2016, 13:44
Thanks for whatever update on present situation.

Here I'll play devil's advocate.

Yes there was a lot of content in the latest patch and it introduced new bugs and that adds up to the ones that were previously existing, and it's really frustrating for the playerbase to suffer them. Imbalance was quickly fixed, maybe a lil too heavey of a nerfbat, but at least the game is more playable now then right after patch.

My point is, to the community, you can't have a small team like Psyonix CREATE content and do BUG FIXES, at the same time. Resources were spent creating content, for a while, new maps, new classes, new skins, a new game type, it's not like that **** appears out of their asses and they AREN'T 250 people working on it.

This game is still beta and although development is taking forever I think their business model can work, having the game developped as the cash flows in, kindof like a kickstarter, but eventually, Nosgoth can be completed and ironed out of bugs and compete in the market of free games, because at the root of it, there's fun, there's something that you don't feel with other games, something unique to it.

So yeah March has been rough, but please people don't throw the baby with the bathwater. At most there are 30 people wokring on Nosgoth and a bunch of that is arstists.

Duflux
1st Apr 2016, 13:47
Looking at the skin we get for the league, it looks rushed, something they had to put out quickly...

I look at the tyrant skin for players buying runestones and think "that looks like it should have been the league reward?"

I think Psyonix or whoever is in charge are being forced to try and make some cash to show this game is doing well... (just a thought).

Vampmaster
1st Apr 2016, 14:32
My point is, to the community, you can't have a small team like Psyonix CREATE content and do BUG FIXES, at the same time. Resources were spent creating content, for a while, new maps, new classes, new skins, a new game type, it's not like that **** appears out of their asses and they AREN'T 250 people working on it..

This isn't a case of things taking too long to add or fix, it's a case of them being rushed out before they were ready (the launcher could have easily been released separately from the beastmaster) and the developers refusing to keep us informed and in the case of the league points bug, outright denying that there is a problem. When asked about it, the only responses we got were (paraphrasing) "there's a display issue, at the end of the match, but everything is fine in the frontend" and "there are no changes planned for the league points".

WWidow
1st Apr 2016, 15:00
At most there are 30 people wokring on Nosgoth and a bunch of that is arstists.

The artists are doing a great job (except for the tyrant skin shown above. This made me stop playin ranked - There's no need to wait hours for a properly working unbalanced match just to get up to blood V on the last days to get a skin that looks totally like the default one). Thank you guys, you saved my time!!! Now you can keep waisting it by making me restarting the game...

TBH I don't care how many ppl are working on it. This does not mean anything. F.e."Rust" is being made by just a few programmers and artists and they manage to fix major bugs within 24 hours, release patches every week and there's never a time you cant play the game for multiple weeks.

And I don't think it's all Psyonix` fault. If you look at Rocket League, they seem to able to make properly working games without any major bugs. So I think it's more Square Enix` fault.

For me the whole development looks very uncoordinated: "This week let's patch some bugs (mostly bugs noone ever heard about, major bugs can stay in the game, they're a feature) and the weeks after this let's make a new senti-ability (seems like the bird is underpowered we should give him a lil bit more advantage - reaver is fine, he's pretty strong already) and after this we could get out of
beta (nothing changed we're just not beta anymore)"

Roy644
1st Apr 2016, 15:50
Truthfully I just want to be able to play without stress of restarting the game constantly and play with my friends (as a team)...

This, this, this and this... Just this. Be able to play and invite friends without any trouble. Just no more thousands of restart to get a game without having the account error, and no more broken parties. Just this. No skins, no leagues, no premature launch. Acknowledge those issues and fix them quickly. And keep your playerbase in the loop for Raziel's sake ! I won't play until this gets fixed, because a multiplayer PvP game where I can't create a party with friends is just an awful game, sorry.

Zarxiel93
1st Apr 2016, 15:55
The thing that make me really angry is they some days ago says "Hey, we are working in Rahabim class" creating hype by the fans and make them hope for at least a shiloutte of the class for the State of Play, and then they don't annunce NOTHING.
Of corse another thing make me angry is the new skin. A lot of games and time used for reach Blood for a IDENTICAL skin of the regular Turelim skin... at least if you will make a poor prizes, make you must reach silver rank, NOT BLOOD, because this prize is really lame if you campare it with the first 3 prizes.

TheDreamcrusher
1st Apr 2016, 17:51
Of corse another thing make me angry is the new skin. A lot of games and time used for reach Blood for a IDENTICAL skin of the regular Turelim skin... at least if you will make a poor prizes, make you must reach silver rank, NOT BLOOD, because this prize is really lame if you campare it with the first 3 prizes.

Probably because someone at SE saw how the Leagues were doing, saw it was retaining a regular player base, saw the prizes they were giving away, and decided that the prizes were too good so they needed to tone down what the artists were doing and put the good skins in chests. Perhaps the artists are working on whatever art they need to release the game or the next class. All we do is speculate on the forums.

Sasha_Vykos
1st Apr 2016, 18:34
this is already embarassing enough.. 2 weeks... FIX the game.

The game is even worste than 2 weeks ago.. now i need to restart 10 times also to play solo.

for real.. i dont think u guys realized what is happening with your game, this is just completely insane! really! PLEASE just try to play the game with a friend.. try it!

Ysanoire
1st Apr 2016, 18:45
Probably because someone at SE saw how the Leagues were doing, saw it was retaining a regular player base, saw the prizes they were giving away, and decided that the prizes were too good so they needed to tone down what the artists were doing and put the good skins in chests. Perhaps the artists are working on whatever art they need to release the game or the next class. All we do is speculate on the forums.

It's entirely possible, and to be completely honest I wasn't expecting them to produce a brand new, entirely original and 100% awesome skin every month. I'm fine with them being slight alterations and recolours. But if they spend little time preparing the reward, we shouldn't spend a lot of time fighting for it. For me this season's reward took a record number of 80 (!) games to get. That's about 20 hours spent in the game, probably more (!!!!). Compare that to, say, Hearthstone, which lets you have a nifty cardback at rank 20, which is achieved with next to zero sweat...

Roy644
1st Apr 2016, 19:03
this is already embarassing enough.. 2 weeks... FIX the game.

The game is even worste than 2 weeks ago.. now i need to restart 10 times also to play solo.

for real.. i dont think u guys realized what is happening with your game, this is just completely insane! really! PLEASE just try to play the game with a friend.. try it!

And yet someone else begging you to LOOK AT THE BROKEN PARTIES... Like he/she said, just try to play with a friend. You'll see how embarrassing the state of the game is.

Enough with the "look at the cool skins !", "look at how awesome the last update was ! BM is cool ! oooh", just stop. It's disrespectful, really. You just ignore our feedback while your game is still unplayable. Yes, unplayable ! Tired of it

Ygdrasel
1st Apr 2016, 20:05
TBH I don't care how many ppl are working on it. This does not mean anything. F.e."Rust" is being made by just a few programmers and artists and they manage to fix major bugs within 24 hours, release patches every week and there's never a time you cant play the game for multiple weeks.

Rust is also not under some corporate thumb. The dev team doubles as publisher.

But something's definitely not great in Psyonixland...At least when it comes to Nosgoth.

ParadoxicalOmen
1st Apr 2016, 21:10
Not much said...only thing new is the Tyrant skin and CTB mode.

Skin is meh, which is good cause i couldn't play Leagues and get it, due to match-making bugs from update...

CTB is nice, i like this mode...too bad i can't play due to match-making bugs from update...

lucinvampire
1st Apr 2016, 22:00
...Also weren't there supposed to be like beta banners coming? It was mentioned in the Beastmaster update...

(May have missed something on that, due to not being here and all).

DeathDweller
2nd Apr 2016, 01:48
Really?That's it?No bug fixes?The game is broken 3 weeks.Unplayable.Leagues finished, how?I mean how after the update you **** it up and you closed it?Final rank places aren't what they supposed to be.Points were lost, players went down places for nothing.You think this is fair?How can u make winners out of a broken and unplayed event cause everybody who would play these weeks would get +1 for win and -14 for loss plus the -x points and lost games they got from nothing.The real league lasted 2 weeks and instead of fixing that and the other problems you caused, you post about state of play like everything is fine and you did a good job.Now listen here.I never got my full prize the first time i was in eternal.I swallowed it.I never got an email or my prize the second time i was eternal, guess what i swallowed it again.I see people complain and you don't even answer neither try to fix the problems.Fine again.But waiting 3 weeks to be able to play and instead of apologies and fixes we get this we did good last month and everybody is happy?Sorry but enough is enough.This game had potentials and that's the sad thing about it.Well charts say it all.Playerbase goes down every month.Well done once again

Rago600
2nd Apr 2016, 04:49
Im Happy that ctb Returned, but i was not able to play its yesterday i got frustradet, because the Game was chrashing so much, and atm the Servers are offline, that aside the BM is FUN to Play :)

trollmeharderpsyonix
4th Apr 2016, 08:49
seriously it's not funny anymore. not even a response here to all the screams of the community on this state of play.

party system is worse than ever.

even playing solo can take up to like 10 restarts.

league just ended without ever adressing WTF is actually going on. i have like 40 more lost games and lots of pointlosses since the beastmaster update without ever playing ranked after this messy patch. in my case it was a 25$ difference. it may not be much but still i am pissed because if you advertise and hand out 10.000 (!) Dollars you should REALLY try to get your game together.

the communication with the community is absolutely terrible, so many asked quetions on the forum, on steam, everywhere but litterally no response to any of them, hell not even on this post.
the discord server does more for the community then you right now.

and i don't like to be salty and i have no idea how it 's like to be a game developer, but i know that there is no excuse for not communicating with your players and letting us know what is going on.

you have such a passionate and loyal community and they all love the game because when everything works this game is absolutely AWESOME.

DON'T M E S S IT UP.

Roy644
4th Apr 2016, 09:58
and i don't like to be salty and i have no idea how it 's like to be a game developer, but i know that there is no excuse for not communicating with your players and letting us know what is going on.

you have such a passionate and loyal community and they all love the game because when everything works this game is absolutely AWESOME.

DON'T M E S S IT UP.

This. We don't ask for impossible things. If you need time to get around the current problems, fine. But not acknowledging them and go silent while the majority of the comments here and on Steam are based on gamebreaking bugs, that's unacceptable.

It feels like you're sabotaging the game or like you simply don't care. Either way, it's disrespectful, and I don't care if it's Psyonix fault, SE fault, it doesn't concern me. Me and all my friends have given up on the game for a week now. Don't you care ? AT ALL ? IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE PARTIES WITH FRIENDS ! And sometimes, alone for that matter.
And it's not like we're screaming without giving much details. Myself and a lot of other players reported exactly what kind of bugs they were experiencing regarding parties. You have those information everywhere on the forums.

Sirfy1
4th Apr 2016, 15:55
...Also weren't there supposed to be like beta banners coming? It was mentioned in the Beastmaster update...

(May have missed something on that, due to not being here and all).

Those banners are going to be released when Nosgoth comes out of beta and is fully released. I'm hoping that the mentioning of it doesn't mean they are planning to soon, because it's not even close to being ready. When every major update takes the game 3 steps backwards...

J_Walker
5th Apr 2016, 13:26
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/where-is-everyone-gif.gif?gs=a

lucinvampire
5th Apr 2016, 15:14
Those banners are going to be released when Nosgoth comes out of beta and is fully released. I'm hoping that the mentioning of it doesn't mean they are planning to soon, because it's not even close to being ready. When every major update takes the game 3 steps backwards...

Thank you muchly :) I’ve kinda lost track of everything the last few weeks.

Grisamentum
6th Apr 2016, 14:05
No offence but that Tyrant skin so isn't worth playing Leagues for. It's just the default with a flashing tattoo thing. Why not do a palette swap of a Sentinel or Summoner skin instead? Like Hammerhead Husk but make it dark grey & black & red. Or that Summoner skin no one really uses with the green leather & half her face is white. Make the leather dark red & give her a Melchahim banner round her waist.

Raptr0s
6th Apr 2016, 22:20
How I (and my computer) feel when playing Nosgoth:

http://s22.postimg.org/mszcpfz0x/68392_640975102617616_11610662_n.jpg