PDA

View Full Version : The Mothman

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 04:10
Has anyone else ever heard about the Mothman?? Or live near where it was supposedly seen 30 years ago in part of West Virginia??

I just heard about it today, and it scares the jeebbes out of me!

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html

If you're curious about it........quite freaky.

LARAMANIAC
5th Jul 2002, 09:36
Cool Aquarius!! I love stuff like that!! Thanx!!:p

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 15:46
It scared the crud out of me last night!!! I'm not reading stuff like that again at midnight. lol

I didn't even go into my room until 2 am, and then I piled 3 blankets on my bed, even though it was 80 last night. lol

Where's Lara when you need her to kill a big freaky thing?? lol

cjhilljack
5th Jul 2002, 22:48
Creepy!

Lots4Waldy
6th Jul 2002, 04:45
I saw a movie called Mothman Prophecies that was supposedly based on this. Even though I don't really believe in stuff like this, I like ro read about it. (haha, I can change the color.)

tricky lynx
6th Jul 2002, 07:07
thats friggin scary! the worst part is that it disappeared and it seems like it can move around.... so it could be in my BACKYARD for all i know! AAAHH!!!!!

Les Effant Terrible
6th Jul 2002, 19:32
The movie wa skinda creepy, but it didn't make sense. Why was the guy even in the middle of tgeh entire story? He didn't connect to any of that stuff in wherever the hell Idaho or whatever. I mean what was the point of him in the story even though his wife was killed by a mothman, what'e the point?

http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html (wait! That's the same website you put up! Cool website huh?)

Lots4Waldy
6th Jul 2002, 20:51
The movie I think was okay itself but it added a few things in it that didn't seem possible at all. Like the time changing like that for example.

DanO-mulder
7th Jul 2002, 04:19
Hey Aquarius ...Thanks for that link.....(that was right up my alley;) ) And a good read........

AmO
7th Jul 2002, 04:48
very interesting read, thanks for shareing, :)

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 19:29
I don't have the link right now, but I have more on another freak thing.

Don't go to Puerto Rico, or the Chupacabra will get your goat! lol Apparently, recently in parts of Puerto Rico farmers have reported their farm animals have been killed by a creature that seems to be part panther and part alien. It's been sucking the blood out of the animals, and leaving them to die.

I'm going to go try to find the link.

In the meantime, Bigfoot was last reported to have last been seen in part of Ontario, Canada.

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 20:45
www.princeton.edu/~accion/chupa.html

Puerto Rico's version of the Yeti........(or so it says)

EddyBones
7th Jul 2002, 23:54
You can go to cryptozoology.com for stories about all that kind of stuff. Very interesting...

cjhilljack
8th Jul 2002, 17:02
Where do you find this stuff anyway???? What a strange story. Did you look at the timeline? It starts out with one MO and then changes to a different one & then goes back again to the original. You have to wonder if some folks are blaming this thing for some stuff that might have been done by someone else....WEIRD!

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 19:31
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
You can go to cryptozoology.com for stories about all that kind of stuff. Very interesting...

Some of that stuff was okay. I'm never going swimming again though in Lake Michigan! lol Or up in Saginaw......

That reminded me of something though, a woman a few years ago in Flint (which is just 10 miles away) claimed that a Sasquach type creature had reached inside her house and tried to grab her.....I think she was just a drunk and was imagining things.....lol

cjhilljack
9th Jul 2002, 14:27
LOL

Living in the Pacific Northwest, we hear Sasquatch/Bigfoot stories on a pretty regular basis. It seems just when you think everyone has lost interest, another new story pops up.

Back to Mothman though, if that's what the movie The Mothman Prophecies were about, what was so prophetic? :confused:

Prelude
9th Jul 2002, 15:02
That's a bit spooky darling :D

Kurtis Trent
14th Jul 2002, 20:43
I hate stuff like that. it freaks me out.:eek: Im probably gonna have nightmares tonight.:eek:

lol

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 21:29
Nightmares? Why?

It's a misunderstood creature. I find it cute with it's huge puppy dog eyes and that it is so large, yet it can fly. It is not strange, it is beautiful and rare. It's an honor to something so magnificent and rare come visit us.

Do you know what find scary? Goldfish! They are so creepy, swimming around with their bulging eyes and gulping mouths. I was having a panic attack when my cousin wanted to go the fish store.

LarzBritsh
14th Jul 2002, 21:35
What was even more strange was it just kept to that one town.

Why didn't it go to Las Vegas and see the shows and the bright lights, or maybe go to Disneyland? It had the whole world to visit, and it chose a tiny little town?

Kurtis Trent
15th Jul 2002, 00:38
yo Larzbritish, your saying its bad to be scared of mothman? and your saying your scared of goldfish? :p

Aquarius
15th Jul 2002, 01:26
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
Nightmares? Why?

It's a misunderstood creature. I find it cute with it's huge puppy dog eyes and that it is so large, yet it can fly. It is not strange, it is beautiful and rare. It's an honor to something so magnificent and rare come visit us.

One of the stories at crytozoology.com talks about how one three separate occasions a guy had almost been attacked by a Sasquatch type creature, and all he had been doing was looking at it.

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 02:48
How long has he been staring at it. Because i would be uncomfortable someone where staring at me for a long period of time. (like the animals in the zoo).

I believe nothing is pure evil. There is reason for everything, nothing one is evil for the sake of being evil.

Except for goldfish, Man! They freak me out, because they are so non-expressive. You have no idea what they are thinking.

Aquarius
15th Jul 2002, 02:57
I bet a huge catfish would give you a heart attack???? :D

I think the guy (he was 6 or 7 at the time) had been looking at it for just a minute, and then the Sasquatch started to come at him. And it had red evil looking eyes.

They're always red, and evil looking. :p

LarzBritsh
15th Jul 2002, 03:05
A minute is pretty long.

1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi...

Are you sure a minute, maybe just a couple of second?

(he should of taken a poleroid and ran like the wind)

Aquarius
15th Jul 2002, 03:14
http://www.cryptozoology.com/sightings/sightings_show.php?id=56

You can read it there. He was 16, and it never really says how long, but it seems to say about a minute.

tricky lynx
16th Jul 2002, 03:31
hey larz i can sorta relate to that goldfish thing. im not afraid of fish but BUGS and SPIDERS are so scary to me cuz they're no-expressive. :eek: I feel like they're some sort of alien and they have totally different motives and ideas than humans.... they just freak me out.

cjhilljack
16th Jul 2002, 03:49
Originally posted by Aquarius

One of the stories at crytozoology.com talks about how one three separate occasions a guy had almost been attacked by a Sasquatch type creature, and all he had been doing was looking at it.

Did you see that home video several years back (5 or more) where a bunch of people were out camping and they are convinced Bigfoot tramped right through their site?

Aquarius
16th Jul 2002, 19:53
I did see that!! That was just plain weird!!!

I just heard of a Ghost Cam in a house in England.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/so/weird/cam/

So far, I haven't seen anything, but it's a nice house though. :p