PDA

View Full Version : All pictures of TRAOD so far....

TR_Freak
5th Jul 2002, 02:37
In the PSM mag with Lara and Kurtis on the cover, it says that all the pictures that we have seen of TRAOD so far have been ps2 versions... that would explain the jagged edges and (dare i say it) shoddy graphics! So thank god we havent seen the PC version (it will blow ps2 out of the water!)

Dont get me wrong the PS2 graphics are still good but... i was definatley hoping that wouldn't be it!

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 03:41
the screenshots on the offical tomb raider site are from the PC version. No way can the PS2 do that. I think what PSM means is that the picture they have shown so far are PS2 ones.

TR_Freak
5th Jul 2002, 04:05
haha youd be suprised! remember the original Playstation games compared to the most recent playstation games? there was a big difference between the graphics... who knows where PS2 can go! im not going to get in another "fmv vs gameplay" debate but if you read the article there is no mistaking what they said... its pretty simple.

Graphically this game is going to be a stunner. (and yes all those pics we have seen are from the ps2 version, now just think how the PC version would look! WOW!)

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 04:11
did I say that those screenshots were FMV? noooooooo!!!!!!!!

well PSM may say that but click the link below it it shows you PC shots and PS2 shots.

http://www.cubeit.com/ctimes/games/tr6/screen1.html

take that!:D

TR_Freak
5th Jul 2002, 04:16
#1 - i didnt mean that you said anything about fmv, i ment that i didnt want to get in another dumb debate over something so trivial... especially with my partner in crime for that debate against msn ;)

BUT!

#2 - tell me where it says OFFICIALLY (like PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE) that those are PC screens and those are PS2 Screens.... at least PSM is a reliable, valid source where ctimes.net is just a fan site...

TR_Freak
5th Jul 2002, 04:18
"The Croft Times" is an independent, unofficial and non-commercial site dedicated to the Tomb Raider series of games and to it's main character, Lara Croft.

TAKE THAT!!

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 04:21
look I am not trying to start any debate, but I know for a fact that those pics you see when you first start the offical tomb raider up are PC screens. PS2 could not do that, It is way to smooth and very high quality. And remember PSM is a playstation magazine, meaning they only show playstation pictures. Also I am not just saying this because I hate PS2, I actually have a PS2 and plan on getting AOD for it. I just know those are PC shots and I think anyone else would say the same thing. :)

TR_Freak
5th Jul 2002, 04:48
not to pull an msn but.. i know those are probably pc shots! if you look at this picture you see that its really smooth and really high quality (PC)

http://www.larainmotion.com/ng58.jpg

Now look at this one and you see that its jagged and pretty crappy quality (PS2)

http://www.larainmotion.com/ng48.jpg

I have PS2 also and i know that the PS2 will never even touch the PC! I just bought a new computer too so im definatley getting TRAOD for the pc...

Undercover Brother
5th Jul 2002, 06:05
That last shot isn't from ps2, that a low quality jpg file.

DaveJ
5th Jul 2002, 08:18
Agreed.
As it is all 'work in progress' there will be a wild variety of quality of images until the game is nearer completion.

But the PC version will ultimately fart in the face of the PS2 version.

Acceber
5th Jul 2002, 10:27
Yeah, the PS2 can fart peas at the moon before it'll be better than the Mac quality. :D

GoranAgar
5th Jul 2002, 11:07
Hmmmmmmmm, didn't know there were plans yet to transfer TRAOD to the Mac platform. :p

Pistols
5th Jul 2002, 11:55
"Gary Reading replied to me yesterday and said that the In-Game footage will fool many people because it's looks like a CG or FMV. So many people may call In-Game footage FMV or CG but it's really not. You will be shocked at whats In-Game Footage and what's not, technology have come a long ways."

Every picture out is PS2 version, These other websites don't know. I don't know about yall but is'nt it wise to believe the people that made the game instead of the people who rumor about the game. I rather believe Core Design and the publishers who had and interview with the people. The PSM magazine is telling the truth.

DaveJ
5th Jul 2002, 12:36
Its called "hype" and "aggressive marketing".

Y'all.

GuardianOfTheFlame
5th Jul 2002, 14:14
hey pistols!

are you're sayin that you emailed Gary and asked about that official gameplay trailer (the one people have been arguing about if it's FMV or ingame engine) ?

and Gary said it's actually in -game engine?

the part where Lara steps in a room and picks up the picture?

game engine?!

hmmm it's almost like Doom III -lightning wise

Acceber
5th Jul 2002, 14:48
Originally posted by GoranAgar
Hmmmmmmmm, didn't know there were plans yet to transfer TRAOD to the Mac platform. :p

SILENCE!!!

Of course it will. *she hopes* ;)

DaveJ
5th Jul 2002, 15:17
Dear Lord in heaven above - lets NOT start the 'FMV vs In-game engine' argument again.

We shall see what we shall see when the game comes out, regardless of rumour, emails, hype and creative embellishments by our "inside contacts".

Anyone who picks it up again gets a Paddington hard stare.

snickrep2002
5th Jul 2002, 17:17
I agree DaveJ, lets just wait untill the game comes out. :)

Mgardiner
9th Jul 2002, 06:26
Heres some pic comparison:
PC:
http://ctimes.dnsalias.com/pic_archive/tr6/pc005.jpg

PS2:
http://ctimes.dnsalias.com/pic_archive/tr6/ps2003.jpg

Yes the PC does look better but like the developers said, while the PC version will have better graphics the PS2 will have better control. But that problem is solved by buying a gamepad that is similar to the PS2.

TR_Freak
9th Jul 2002, 06:39
the thing with the ps2 is that it has a big problem with jagged edges! the pc will never have that problem because it is the strongest game playing machine that will probably ever be... so the jagged edges are gone causing much smoother graphics and a much better look than ps2! I actually like playing with the keyboard better because i have been playing tomb raider on the computer since the beginning and when i play on playstation it feels weird... but to each his own right?

snickrep2002
9th Jul 2002, 06:46
I will just get it for Playstation 2 since I have one. I do not really care about graphics and the PS2 version even looks good.

But the good thing about the PC version is.....Really good graphics. But I am not worried about that.

The bad thing about the PC version is:

Installing

Error messages,crash,all that jazz that computers are famous for.

Keyboard controls/ Have to go out and buy a gamepad

AOD may be slow depending on how good your computer is.

The good thing about the PS2 version is you do not need to go out and buy and game pad. You can get confortble on the couch and play AOD of darkness on your tv :cool:. The only bad thing about the PS2 version is graphics, but like a said before, I have no problamo with that ;).

snickrep2002
9th Jul 2002, 06:48
but to each his own right?

Don't forget the Lovely Ladies :D

LaraAngelOfDarkness
11th Jul 2002, 06:34
Just one thing to say.... Anyone who thinks that the Ps2 could not do that are just denying its power. Also remeber what eidos and core said That while some parts of the game will be finished others will need the final touches and more polished look.

TR_Freak
11th Jul 2002, 06:56
(even though im a die-hard ps2 fan and waited in line for 4 hours the day it came out to get one) PC blows ps2 out of the water... PC also blows gamecube and xbox out of the water! Its just that game consols will never catch up to the pc because the pc will always be that much farther ahead of game consoles will be...

Ps2 wont look THAT bad but PC version will just look a heck of a lot better... and im not denying ps2's power because to me it is the best next generation console out there but theres no competition between the pc and ps2!

snickrep2002
11th Jul 2002, 07:07
Well of course the PC is better. And of course it will always remain the best because the PC is what these games are made on. PC's are what create the wonderful world of 3D. :D

LaraAngelOfDarkness
11th Jul 2002, 21:13
All I have to say to the PC owners unless you own a Ps2 you can't talk trash about it (cause you don't own one) you miss out on alot of good games I can name so many it would make your head spin!! so there :p

Ps: I'm not trying to start a fight I just hate when people argue about how something can't do this or that, because nothing is impossible and I do play TR on Pc and will probably get both versions so I'm not a "fanboy" because isn't that a term used today that describes people who only play one system and bashes every other one just to make themselves feel better about their system they own. Wow! That term applies somewhere in this topic but just unsure where.

Pistols
11th Jul 2002, 22:18
Yes TR Freak you are too right, I was just talking to Gary reading this morning on E-Mail and he said that every picture released was PS2 version, If you think the PS2 graphics are realistic just wait until you see the PC Graphics, your eyes eill pop out.:eek:

larasbiggestfan
12th Jul 2002, 05:24
the ps2 will have good graphics. those "jagged edge pics" are low profile computer pics. chronicles on playstation one doesnt have jagged edges so why would the one on ps2 have them????
but to solve my problem of which is better. im getting them on both machines.

:mad: take that

TR_Freak
12th Jul 2002, 12:33
sorry buddy... larasbiggestfan

ps1 definatley had jagged edges... and thats probably one of the biggest problems that next gen consoles face! jagged edges in a game are so common on the ps2!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,367284,00.html?page=95

check that picture and youll see chronicles was garbage graphics wise compared to the pc... check here for the pc pic

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/trc_screen26/screen6.jpg

and plus the only time you get jagged edges is when you get into this high definition type of stuff... ie 5,000 poly's compared to 500!

and to laraangelofdarkness... ps2 does offer a wide variety of games and it is a awesome console but i think anyone has the right to voice there opinion! its just a common fact that pc is better than ps2 (get over it)

DaveJ
12th Jul 2002, 15:46
Originally posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness
All I have to say to the PC owners unless you own a Ps2 you can't talk trash about it (cause you don't own one) you miss out on alot of good games I can name so many it would make your head spin!! so there :p

I got one. :)
One of each.
PC.
DC.
GC.
PS2
Xbox.

Good position to compare and contrast, no?

There are hundreds of PS2 games out there.
About 6 of them are worth playing.

Lil Lara
12th Jul 2002, 18:10
I don't understand why everyone has such a huge problem with the PS graphics?? It doesn't matter!! Sheesh... jaged edges.. sure, come on.. the PS graphics were crap, but that was the start of the series, I bet the PC graphics weren't much better. Anyways... you can complain about the PS(2)'s graphics but if we are going to nit pick.. why don't we complain about the PC's controls?? Those are hard and confusing and all over the keyboard. Ack.. everytime I hear people complaining about it I just want to slap them! Get over it!

OK.. I'm through venting...

DaveJ
12th Jul 2002, 19:01
PC is easy to control.
Forget the keyboard.
Use a gamepad like you would on a PS.
Hey Presto!

What is it with you non-PC playing people and your keyboard fixation?
Sheesh!
Get with it, man!

Lil Lara
12th Jul 2002, 19:20
K.. well first, I'm not a man. And second... I am just sick of people *****ing about which graphics are better! Could we all just hold our tongues about the stupid graphics 'til the game comes out? And then you can all compare and contrast as much as you'd like!

TR_Freak
12th Jul 2002, 22:16
There are hundreds of PS2 games out there. About 6 of them are worth playing.

hahahaha DaveJ... i couldnt have said it better myself!

i have one of each system myself and i can tell you that gamecube is the most impressive of the consoles! Nintendo has always been on top of there game and playstation is just the trend-setter!

i think the keyboard is the best way to play... i dont really know why!

K.. well first, I'm not a man. And second... I am just sick of people *****ing about which graphics are better! Could we all just hold our tongues about the stupid graphics 'til the game comes out? And then you can all compare and contrast as much as you'd like!

dude... no one is *****ing and its not a debate!!! PC IS BETTER! No doubt about it

DaveJ
13th Jul 2002, 06:36
"man" wasn't meant literally.

Rusty_DK
13th Jul 2002, 07:01
Originally posted by TR_Freak
not to pull an msn but.. i know those are probably pc shots! if you look at this picture you see that its really smooth and really high quality (PC)

http://www.larainmotion.com/ng58.jpg

Now look at this one and you see that its jagged and pretty crappy quality (PS2)

http://www.larainmotion.com/ng48.jpg

I have PS2 also and i know that the PS2 will never even touch the PC! I just bought a new computer too so im definatley getting TRAOD for the pc...

Im not even going to bother....TR_Freak, if you had a PS2 you would know that there is no way that the graphics on that second pic would be PS2 graphics.

What is it with you guys and putting PS2 down all the time? Yes, the PC version may have better graphics, but when you guys start taking the piss out of PS it really sounds pathetic.

All i can say and i will stand by this, is that the second pic is probably a rough pic taken...there is no way that that is PS2 quality

DaveJ
13th Jul 2002, 07:38
I guess things are pretty dull around here....

I have seen screenshots from many games across many platforms that had aliasing around the edges (or 'jagged edges' to some).

It is not indicative of what you see in the game...it could be a test shot, a shot with lots of motion in it, an enlargement of a bigger picture - anything.

I could show you PC grabs with aliasing issues...or a MGS2 shot that had the same.

I recently found a bit of fluff that was shaped like Lara's ponytail - why don't we pointlessly discuss that until the new game is released, eh?

Mgardiner
13th Jul 2002, 23:53
Ok, here we go. Who gives a damn? it shouldnt matter what system it is on be it PS2, PC, Xbox, GC I mean come on it's Tomb Raider! it dosent matter as long as we get to play it!

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2002, 05:45
Originally posted by snickrep2002
the screenshots on the offical tomb raider site are from the PC version. No way can the PS2 do that. I think what PSM means is that the picture they have shown so far are PS2 ones.
I'm sorry, but after playing games like metal gear solid 2 and silent hill 2, i find that comment very hard to believe. Believe it or not, PS2 does have good graphics. DO you really look at a game and think "Oh no, crap game, you can see the 'jagged' edges". Why are you even looking at jagged edges in thr first place???

I agree that PC will have better graphics, but everyone seems to forget that ALL the pics you have seen are from PS2, and as upsetting as it maybe to all the hardcore PC fans out there, you'll just have to get used to the fact that they are PS2 pics, just be glad that you'll be getting even BETTER graphics than the PS2 pics you have already seen...

TR_Freak
16th Jul 2002, 01:12
Im not even going to bother....TR_Freak, if you had a PS2 you would know that there is no way that the graphics on that second pic would be PS2 graphics

HA! i guarentee ive had a ps2 longer than you have! i stood outside walmart for 5 hours on the night of October 26th and i got ps2 number 13! but that doesnt matter... im donewith this topic because its pretty dumb that everyone still thinks ps2 doesnt have jagged edges! I like ps2.. i love it its just it definatley has jagged edges and graphics are a big thing to me and your a fool if you think they aren't to you because you know they are your just pissed because either your computer sucks or you dont haveone and now your stuck with the ****ty ps2 version :D !

Lil Lara
16th Jul 2002, 02:17
Could we all just drop this subject? It's pretty lame. Who cares what system, you play the damn game on... as long as you get to play the game!! I'm not here to defend the PS2 or the PC, but come on...

snickrep2002
16th Jul 2002, 17:12
it's just funny listening to you people you. You act like a bunch of 2nd grader kids braging. I am not talking about those people that are not braging, just for the people that are.

snickrep2002
16th Jul 2002, 19:25
sorry that did not make sense, I can't help it that I have Dyslexia and other learning disabilities. So I guess I will shutup for now on.

DaveJ
16th Jul 2002, 19:35
Does it matter when you got your PS2?

Queuing 5 hours for one on launch day is kinda lame and sad, to be honest.

And where do you get off telling people to shut up?

Its a forum....everyone has a right to express themselves just as much as you...even if you "decree" the thread as being "over".

If you can't do with people disagreeing with you and fighting their corner, maybe a forum isn't a good place for you to hang out.

Lil Lara
16th Jul 2002, 21:09
Well, everyone has different views on the PS2 and the PC(on which is better).. so I hope that we can all be mature and respect peoples views on it. I'm with snickrep.. we do sound like a bunch of 2nd graders!

Hm.. that really didn't make sense, I know what I am trying to say, it's just hard to put into words.. oh well..

FoxyKat
16th Jul 2002, 21:27
Originally posted by snickrep2002

AOD may be slow depending on how good your computer is.

i hope my computer can handle it, its been known to be slow for certain things.

Mgardiner
17th Jul 2002, 21:17
<Does it matter when you got your PS2?

Queuing 5 hours for one on launch day is kinda lame and sad, to be honest.

And where do you get off telling people to shut up?

Its a forum....everyone has a right to express themselves just as much as you...even if you "decree" the thread as being "over".

If you can't do with people disagreeing with you and fighting their corner, maybe a forum isn't a good place for you to hang out.>

Someones is on a power trip... :rolleyes:

TR_Freak
18th Jul 2002, 01:51
huh... looks like davej's got his panties in a bunch! awww poor guy :(

DaveJ
18th Jul 2002, 07:20
Nah... just common sense is all.

I only do power trips at the weekends.

Rusty_DK
18th Jul 2002, 07:29
looks like I've made my first enemy...:D

DaveJ
18th Jul 2002, 07:32
Don't fret Rusty...with friends like those...who needs enemas?