PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Oghamsmith
23rd Mar 2016, 16:32
Today's update primarily focuses on crushing bugs and making a number of balancing tweaks.

Sonic Boom
Following a considerable amount of feedback from the community, we have made a number of changes to Sonic Boom in order to bring it more closely in line with other abilities in Nosgoth.

Minimum Cooldown: Sonic Boom’s minimum cooldown timer is now just under 8 seconds.
Trigger Time & Sound Effect: Sonic Boom now features a 0.75s trigger time combined with a sound effect, providing the human team with a small amount of warning prior to the attack.

Crash On Exit
As of the update on the 14th of March, the Nosgoth executable had a difficult time saying farewell to you lovely people, and would often embrace your PC with an unrelenting farewell hug. We’ve sat down with the executable and had a heart to heart chat. It now understands that while a wonderful notion, not everyone can play 24/7.

Nosgoth no longer crashes on exit.

The Desktop Launcher
We’re rolling out the initial phase of Desktop Launcher Testing. You can now download the desktop launcher by logging into www.Nosgoth.com and clicking the play button.

If you experience any oddities with the launcher, please feel free to report them here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101).

Loading Screen Tips
Nosgoth’s loading screens have been updated to provide helpful tips and info for new and ever improving players. A little while ago, we asked the community to put forward their own suggestions, many of which have formed the basis for the tips being added to the game today.

The Smoke Thickens
As the fires continue to burn, the concentration of smoke and smog across the land continues to increase.
The following maps now have darker skies:

Freeport
Provance
Valeholm

General Improvements & Bug Fixes

Beastmaster Ability Videos have been added to the in-game store
A number of doors in The Fane have been given a new lick of paint
The Desktop Launcher now displays the store page correctly
It is no longer possible to launch Nosgoth on Steam and Desktop variants from the same account
The Daily Challenge to achieve 30000 Team Score no longer bugs out for some players
Chain Lightning no longer illuminates a cloaked Scout
Random parties will no longer be created when exiting a match/lobby/tutorial
In Capture the Body, the body is consistently represented by a body icon, rather than dot, on the mini map.
The Deceiver’s Dominate Mind now breaks the concentration required by the Beastmaster to maintain his bird form. Should a Treshawk be controlled by Dominate Mind, the Beastmaster will automatically revert to his Human form
Having had the opportunity to study the Beastmaster’s transformation process, Deceiver’s no longer lose control of the Beastmaster when he transitions out of his Treshawk form.
It is no longer possible to log out of the launcher while Nosgoth is running. This has been done to improve live service stability.
The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out
Logging into the launcher via Facebook now displays an improved login window

Known Issue
On the rare occasion, the map loading screen may bug out, resulting in a rather odd view of the map.

Captain3009
23rd Mar 2016, 16:46
Crash On Exit
As of the update on the 14th of March, the Nosgoth executable had a difficult time saying farewell to you lovely people, and would often embrace your PC with an unrelenting farewell hug. We’ve sat down with the executable and had a heart to heart chat. It now understands that while a wonderful notion, not everyone can play 24/7.

Nosgoth no longer crashes on exit.

Whoehahahaha, thats a good one.

Thanks for the update.

In Capture the Body, the body is consistently represented by a body icon, rather than dot, on the mini map.

OMG, when is CTB comming back? Sooner than soon please. :D

Da_Wolv
23rd Mar 2016, 16:49
The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out.

What exactly does that mean? When you close it it actually closes and not hide in the tray, or does it close when the game closes automatically?

Vampmaster
23rd Mar 2016, 16:51
Sounds like a huge improvement, but any news on the league points? Just an acknowledgment of the issues and a plan for compensation will do for now if you don't have an ETA on a fix yet. Although the sooner, the better. Do you expect to be able to fix the points server side?

Nurgor
23rd Mar 2016, 16:59
Is there an estimated down time? And is there a fix for not being able to properly make a group(without restarting 100+ times and hoping for luck)?

SvPaass
23rd Mar 2016, 17:22
Looks like a good patch, i hope it works as intended.

Good to see that parties wont be created randomly anymore.
But any news on actually creating parties on purpose? Cause thats almost impossible atm and the patchnotes dont mention it.

Blazzphemy
23rd Mar 2016, 17:33
A few steps in the right direction.

Now BM needs a little more love. Swoop needs damage other than the simple knockdown damage. Even if you knock them down they have the reduced damage for a short time and the 2+ shots I put in them at point blank is a COMPLETE WASTE. The hit box for swoop is stupidly small and NEEDS the damage.
Maybe add an "air-brake" for bird form via hold shift in air to hover.

Why is the launcher not being closed after hitting "Play"? Just sitting around wasting resources AND IT'S NOT EVEN NEEDED IN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oghamsmith
23rd Mar 2016, 17:34
It'll be a little while before Capture the Body returns.

The launcher window fix specifically targets logging out of the launcher. Doing so closes any open windows in the launcher. It doesn't change any other behavior, including minimising to the tray.

There are no changes specifically targeting Leagues with this update.

There are still issues when it comes to creating parties. We're working to fix those with future updates. In the meantime, if rather than restarting the game 100 times as you say, you if everyone in a broken party restarts, the next party that they create should work correctly.

AegisBright
23rd Mar 2016, 17:44
There are still issues when it comes to creating parties. We're working to fix those with future updates. In the meantime, if rather than restarting the game 100 times as you say, you if everyone in a broken party restarts, the next party that they create should work correctly.

Should, but really doesn't. A few days ago I tried to make a party with three other friends and, let me tell you, spending two and a half hours on that conundrum is almost as much fun as getting Pounced on three times within 10-15 seconds.
Observing what little feedback I can get from the client, I was left with the impression that the game isn't always properly aware if someone in your friend list is or is not online, which might explain why half the time we could only get three people in the party, while the fourth accepted the invitations to no avail.
And also, I'd like to get a good explanation as to why we reached a stage where I was in a party with friend A on my screen, while friend B and C were not. On their screens, B was in a party with A; C was in a party with me; and A himself saw me and B in his party. Why, in the first place, does the game assume it possible for one person to be in 3 different parties?
I'm left with the impression that the way partying was coded was rather lofty and prone to a plethora of logical errors. Or is it the way the client communicates with the server? At any rate, it is outright ridiculous.

That and the seemingly worse matchmaking are the true problems brought by the last patch. The crash on exit was amusing at best, but this practically breaks part of the game's experience and forces people to play in PUGs. And let's be honest, who can honestly say that they have faith in PUGs?

Ysanoire
23rd Mar 2016, 17:45
Great to see some fixes! Just hope the parties are going to completely get fixed soon, as that was a major annoyance.

Looking forward to checking out the new boom.

Duflux
23rd Mar 2016, 17:46
excellent patch well done!!

Vampmaster
23rd Mar 2016, 18:08
It'll be a little while before Capture the Body returns.

The launcher window fix specifically targets logging out of the launcher. Doing so closes any open windows in the launcher. It doesn't change any other behavior, including minimising to the tray.

There are no changes specifically targeting Leagues with this update.

Are you saying the newly introduced point deductions for an unbalanced match timing out before it starts and for quitting a 3v4 match are all by design? If you don't want to change the rules mid-season, you should be aware they already have been. It's caused a huge amount of disruption to fair play.

Varulven
23rd Mar 2016, 18:15
Opening the new launcher, it may occur that you get a black square where the launcher window should be. When this happens, quit the program and restart it as admin. Now it should work.

Blazzphemy
23rd Mar 2016, 18:39
"The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out"
If by this you mean the launcher closes itself after exiting the game well that is a lie and my launcher is not exiting after quitting.
So yeah... disappointing patch yet again.

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Mar 2016, 20:02
Today's update primarily focuses on crushing bugs and making a number of balancing tweaks.

Sonic Boom
Following a considerable amount of feedback from the community, we have made a number of changes to Sonic Boom in order to bring it more closely in line with other abilities in Nosgoth.

Minimum Cooldown: Sonic Boom’s minimum cooldown timer is now just under 8 seconds.
Trigger Time & Sound Effect: Sonic Boom now features a 0.75s trigger time combined with a sound effect, providing the human team with a small amount of warning prior to the attack.

This seems appropriate. I have to say, I really enjoyed that there was a level of skill involved with using Sonic Boom so quickly but this is probably for the best. 300 damage repeatedly so often was overkill. Sonic Boom is a welcome addition to the line up with these changes.

ParadoxicalOmen
23rd Mar 2016, 20:22
Very good news....BUT....

1) Nothing on match-making? Is it still slow af?(League's were unplayable last time i played)

2) No tweak on Beast-master? That Savage Perk needs a nerf, and i was hoping they'd reduce his shotgun spread a bit.

ZittoN_
23rd Mar 2016, 20:58
Same Bugs are still here, did you forget to add the fixes in the patch or something? This is bad and just damn sad.

Master-Antonio
23rd Mar 2016, 21:00
Sonic Boom is bugged.
No collision with Humans ....

And the game crash again.
RUN OUT FROM MEMORY ...

ReverseEquinox
23rd Mar 2016, 21:16
So no answer to the horrible ranked matchmaking system. Here I thought you guys were going to fix it today so those who started playing ranked after the BM patch can start going through the ranks again to earn the season rewards, but I guess not. And no plans to do it for the rest of the season too? This is a major disappointment and just downright pathetic. You guys sure seem like you don't give a rat's ass about the little players that you still have left.

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Mar 2016, 21:29
I have to echo some of the concerns about this month's League mentioned above. I was fairly close to getting to Blood V just to get this month's cosmetic item, but without being able to get matches I won't reach that goal. I hope there is some kind of consideration for that skin prize because the Beastmaster/Launcher patch has put a serious dent in everyone's game time in Leagues.

I'm also going to have to call Psyonix out on "moving the goal posts."

Oghamsmith said that canceling or shortening this month's league would be moving the goal posts, but then we get a massive patch, new class, and a way overpowered ability in the previous form of Sonic Boom to contend with in the middle of a season, and that's not moving the goal posts? Sorry, but it is. In a completely hypocritical fashion, Psyonix did the exact opposite of maintaining the integrity of a league season. This isn't even the first time Psyonix has done this. I'm sure it will be rationalized, as in, "This is beta," but that's called cognitive dissonance.

Gilgamesz1
23rd Mar 2016, 21:37
No its fine. Thanks for patch. But now serious, when the real patch is coming? I mean patch fixing still broken party system (yes, we still need to restart game 100 times to get in to the party and yes, we still need to restart and do this ritual again after every game)? You know that without party its like half of a game is not existing? And we can add there still broken rankeds so we got like 1/3 of game (maybe). Whole community was one voice after season 5.0. Everyone said "do some brake between seasons, take your time with patch and then start next one". You wont listen and now you keeping run season 6.0 when nobody can play one week between patches and i think nobody will play it even after patch. But its not about how its working, its about prizes right? Not rly. Rly good job with sonic bomb. I like that change. One good thing with this patch. But at the end im disappointed. Almost like after every patch. (sorry for broken english)

DarkWataru
23rd Mar 2016, 21:58
Thanks for the intended fixes. Pretty disappointed that I still can't play because queues are taking a half hour or more, during what I would figure to be a busy time (6-10 PM EST). Not sure why this wouldn't be a priority since it seems to be affecting multiple people. Roll the changes back at least until you figure it out, that way we can enjoy the game. Again, something that makes your game unplayable most of the time should be a priority to fix.

ParadoxicalOmen
23rd Mar 2016, 21:59
Sonic Boom is bugged.
No collision with Humans ....

It's no bug...they broke the ability.

They nerf it so it only does dmg after 0.75 sec after activation.
Doesn't seem like much, but with an ability which you can't curve...it's nearly useless now.

Damn, i try to be understanding and reasonable...but ****, with every new patch they seem to break something new.
Another ability to the trash, and they will only fix it in like 2 weeks...IF they fix it. :mad2:
And party system still is bugged...after a match, if party is disbanded, i can't re-invite my friends.
Also Leagues is still broken (although at least it seems TDM is working)

Da_Wolv
23rd Mar 2016, 22:27

Doesn't seem like much, but with an ability which you can't curve...it's nearly useless now.

I rather have a borderline useless underpowered ability than a blantantly brokenly OP one.

So thx very much!
I agree, the ability is very useless now, it needs to be steerable and should not knock you down on collision with a wall, but simply end, like the Tyrant Charge does, but for now - all I care about is not havin 2-4 SB Noobinels in the enemy team.

On an unrelated matter: CYA in 4 weeks - you fixed the game just in time to give me one more day of relative enjoyment.

Master-Antonio
23rd Mar 2016, 22:29

Damn, i try to be understanding and reasonable...but ****, with every new patch they seem to break something new.
Another ability to the trash, and they will only fix it in like 2 weeks...IF they fix it. :mad2:
And party system still is bugged...after a match, if party is disbanded, i can't re-invite my friends.
Also Leagues is still broken (although at least it seems TDM is working)

Dont collision with the humans, in fact when i active them and the sentinel turns on itself does not create the flashes like first ...
Can you controll your update first to release it?

Vampmaster
23rd Mar 2016, 22:31
I have to echo some of the concerns about this month's League mentioned above. I was fairly close to getting to Blood V just to get this month's cosmetic item, but without being able to get matches I won't reach that goal. I hope there is some kind of consideration for that skin prize because the Beastmaster/Launcher patch has put a serious dent in everyone's game time in Leagues.

I'm also going to have to call Psyonix out on "moving the goal posts."

Oghamsmith said that canceling or shortening this month's league would be moving the goal posts, but then we get a massive patch, new class, and a way overpowered ability in the previous form of Sonic Boom to contend with in the middle of a season, and that's not moving the goal posts? Sorry, but it is. In a completely hypocritical fashion, Psyonix did the exact opposite of maintaining the integrity of a league season. This isn't even the first time Psyonix has done this. I'm sure it will be rationalized, as in, "This is beta," but that's called cognitive dissonance.

I agree with that. And like I said before, the new quit penalties for circumstances beyond our control is also moving the goalposts. Until the beastmaster patch, points were only deducted if you were the first player to quit, but now you get points deducted if you quit after seeing the "Match unbalanced, will end in X seconds" message, even if it times out and ends by itself, and also after the "It is now safe to leave message". This happens every single time and no one will even admit it's happening.

Oghamsmith, Psyonix_Ryan, what can I do to prove it? Screenshots don't come with a time stamp or anything to show point deduct reason.

It's right here in the patch notes that only the first player to leave is supppsed to get the point deduction.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=174553

Only the first leaver in a match will be punished, once one person has left you will be safe to leave the match as well, with no penalty.

^^This has been reverted in the beastmaster patch.

Master-Antonio
23rd Mar 2016, 22:51
I agree with that. And like I said before, the new quit penalties for circumstances beyond our control is also moving the goalposts. Until the beastmaster patch, points were only deducted if you were the first player to quit, but now you get points deducted if you quit after seeing the "Match unbalanced, will end in X seconds" message, even if it times out and ends by itself, and also after the "It is now safe to leave message". This happens every single time and no one will even admit it's happening.

Oghamsmith, Psyonix_Ryan, what can I do to prove it? Screenshots don't come with a time stamp or anything to show point deduct reason.

I lost 200 points in ranked with your last update super bugged , is a shame. For you is normal? All this sucks. I request like many players of to restart this league because is unplayable , or give all this point lost, or give the tyrant skin to all. The points system before of this update was completely broken . WIN = -14 ( Other times was +2 ) DRAW = - 2 LOST = -14 . Sometimes the game given a penality -20 points without did nothing ( when i clicked leagues ) ........

_Vole_
23rd Mar 2016, 23:14
I rather have a borderline useless underpowered ability than a blantantly brokenly OP one.

So thx very much!
I agree, the ability is very useless now, it needs to be steerable and should not knock you down on collision with a wall, but simply end, like the Tyrant Charge does, but for now - all I care about is not havin 2-4 SB Noobinels in the enemy team.

On an unrelated matter: CYA in 4 weeks - you fixed the game just in time to give me one more day of relative enjoyment.

I totally agree. Sonic Boom can still be perfected but that was one of the quickest and best balance hotfixes I have ever seen from you guys! Thank you very much. The bugabusing has an end.

Next would propably be the beastmaster with the melee talent. About the shotgun spread I don't know yet. We should have one more month of playtime to judge the beastmaster completely. It's strengths lie in teamplay and his abilities. Not his guns. It's working quite well for me at the moment. So making his guns better would make the beastmaster too overpowered (unless his abilities would be nerfed).

The party system is the most pressing issue which needs a fix.
You propably have to add one more week to the current ranked season to satisfy those frustrated by it right now.
I honestly don't really care about it at the moment :)

All in all a good first bugfixing patch.

Equanimityjohn
23rd Mar 2016, 23:23
Just a reminder: The friend referral link, when logged in to a square enix account, is currently broken....
https://www.nosgoth.com/friend_referral

Please fix it. Thank you.

SonixSquad
23rd Mar 2016, 23:36
Agreed on having a slightly underpowered ability than a stupidly spammable one is the better of two evils.

The game doesn't crash anymore, thats good.

Matchmaking in League seems to still take a while but the matches seem relatively balanced so I can't complain if thats the reason why. But so far it works and no more ghosts post match forcing quits.

Thanks for the pre-easter patch - enjoy your holidays!

vampirelucky
24th Mar 2016, 02:14
Undocumented change - Sentinel's Sonic Screech(aka Echolocation) no longer highlights Scouts that are using Camouflage.

Is this intended or a bug?

Xen0tech
24th Mar 2016, 03:25
Nice update :) there is one small problem that might have flown under the radar and that's the new lobby screen has a bright sunlight effect that makes chat really hard to read.

Sluagh
24th Mar 2016, 04:38
Also is nothing to be done, not just about the scoring for the matches in League, but the fact it adds on matches you haven't even played? I flagged this in a bug report last week but had no response. Even though I am decent, but not amazing player, I can't scrape out of Silver into my usual Blood because I log in and find the same number of wins but extra matches added on that I never entered.

CountEyokir
24th Mar 2016, 11:37
I'm still suck in perpetual 'syncing online profile' when a single match ends so I'm forced to try and log off my computer in order to even close Nosgoth.

kLauE187
24th Mar 2016, 14:56
awesome patch. 100$ from ranked secured because its still unplayable and sonic boom got nerfed into uselessness. 2 good things in one patch, unbelievable :D

senjuj
24th Mar 2016, 15:01
better uselessness than op spam . better use abduct.

Sasha_Vykos
24th Mar 2016, 19:21
- Party system completely broken, restarting for all memebers doesnt help. 90% of the times some bug occurs. This is a major issue, to me its the major of all and its not fixed. More than 1 week in this embarassing state. Consider that this is meant to be a TEAM BASED game but you cant play in a team that u want.

- Every single time that i start the game (and i start at least 20 times every session cause of restarting) I have the "placement" screen for every single league from alpha 1 to 6.0 My friends dont have it.. but i can assure u that it is very annoying cause it causes huge microlag and i have to click "ok" 6 time every time.

- 30% of the time the launcher is a black screen, 30% i cant click the play button. Sometime I can start the game properly after several restarts.

- The game is full of deceiver clones and summoner stalkers that dont die. And the tyrant corpses make a huge noise very often

- League points still broken.

- Sometimes I cant even start the game cause i just get a complete black screen

- Launcher is still terrible and u forced us to loose many options.

- Sonic boom changes are fine at least and also the waiting times seems better

Overall for me the game is still unplayable considering I play in party 90% of the times and I cant even play properly sometimes cause the game just doesnt start

Vampmaster
24th Mar 2016, 21:24
I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Mar 2016, 03:51
Agreed on having a slightly underpowered ability than a stupidly spammable one is the better of two evils.

I think you're being too kind...the ability is too predictable and hard to hit now. In real matches it's no use, like Immolation or Judgement. Hope devs take away this stupid delay...
Just CD increase might have been enough, but if they had to nerf it more they should have gone with scaling dmg idea:
The longer you spin the more dmg you do, so 1 sec activation would do little dmg...

I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow

I think this may be intended...after i got used to it, i felt Power Shot is really good. So a faster activation might make it OP, dunno.
On the other hand, Lighting seems pretty useless:
vampire needing to be near to get hit + slow cast time + low dmg = Very bad and sad ability.
I would suggest increasing it's cast time and range significantly...even if that would mean reducing the dmg 150 → 100, for example.

and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and

Someone said they thought the shotgun didn't seem to have stopping power...i didn't test myself though.
Swoop seems fine to me.

the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.
+1
And also give Lightning and Leyline their own sound too...they're the same as Eldritch Guard.

kLauE187
25th Mar 2016, 09:05
I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.
Ability cast times are ok. Instant power shot would make it broken. And a stun or knockback on his shotgun? That would be so broken lol

Vampmaster
25th Mar 2016, 19:00
Ability cast times are ok. Instant power shot would make it broken. And a stun or knockback on his shotgun? That would be so broken lol

Do you count stopping power as the same thing? Maybe just increasing that would be good enough. What about the casting time for chain lightning? I think a few others have said that seems a bit long.

kLauE187
26th Mar 2016, 02:13
Do you count stopping power as the same thing? Maybe just increasing that would be good enough. What about the casting time for chain lightning? I think a few others have said that seems a bit long.
just from playing beastmaster i think his shotgun is completely fine without. he has strong cc with powershot and a free out of jail card with his birdform and a decent meleeroll so hes not dependent on it. also lightning is trash in the current state because an ability with 100 dmg shouldnt have a cast-time at all.

ParadoxicalOmen
26th Mar 2016, 14:25
just from playing beastmaster i think his shotgun is completely fine without. he has strong cc with powershot and a free out of jail card with his birdform and a decent meleeroll so hes not dependent on it. also lightning is trash in the current state because an ability with 100 dmg shouldnt have a cast-time at all.

+1

Although it's actually 150 dmg...but i agree. I also think it should have longer range.

DeathDweller
26th Mar 2016, 16:57
Shouldn't league, queues, party, friendlist, name change, can't get past syncing screen, can't connect to party system, the non closing launcher and league points system be a priority now?Don't get me wrong,a new lick of paint in doors was a must but what about the less important things like be able to play?

J_Walker
26th Mar 2016, 17:40
I just can't get into any games, cause when client loaded it shows a message saying: " Can't access to server" or " Party system is not working , please link your square enix to the steam one" or " failed to enter the matchmaking queue" ...
I've got 3 games so far,lost every match cause MM kept me with noobs vs decents ,so , that's enough for me.
See you when You fix this mess.
Another old player going away.Thanks for ruining this game.

Roy644
26th Mar 2016, 23:36
I just can't get into any games, cause when client loaded it shows a message saying: " Can't access to server" or " Party system is not working , please link your square enix to the steam one" or " failed to enter the matchmaking queue" ...
I've got 3 games so far,lost every match cause MM kept me with noobs vs decents ,so , that's enough for me.
See you when You fix this mess.
Another old player going away.Thanks for ruining this game.

^This

Can Psyonix and SE try AT LEAST to show us that they care about this great game ? 'Cause it will die, plain and simple. I can't play with my friends, either we don't see any friends in-game, either we do but can't accept invite, or we can, but don't end up in the lobby together. One out of two times, "blabla please link your blabla" and impossible to play, one out of three times, black screen on the launcher or the game, have to restart. Leagues still broken... Are you kidding me ? Are you playing your game ?

We all have been more than patient, and everytime, we've been quite civil. But enough is enough. I don't know why you push this launcher and stupid system down our throat... But it isn't working. HEAR THE VOICE OF YOUR PLAYERBASE AND CONSUMERS FFS. Me and 5 friends just stopped playing after hours of unsuccessful tries.

Great way to ruin an amazing game and piss off your playerbase for stupid reasons. It might be too late...

Sasha_Vykos
27th Mar 2016, 11:13
yeah me too.. i need several restart to play and sometimes i just give up. Square enix account not linked, problem connecting to the party server (also if i search solo), complete black screen, launcher play button uncickable etc. We would really like to be able to play^^

Roy644
27th Mar 2016, 12:52
yeah me too.. i need several restart to play and sometimes i just give up. Square enix account not linked, problem connecting to the party server (also if i search solo), complete black screen, launcher play button uncickable etc. We would really like to be able to play^^

Yeah, same thing for everyone !

I really want to know though... Are they so eager to force this launcher/SE account thing for everyone that they'd prefer a broken party system (to the point where people are just giving up on playing) over the old system as long as the launcher is implemented ? That doesn't make sense, it's just sabotaging the game at this point.

Nurgor
29th Mar 2016, 13:58
In case noone talked about it yet: Pls nerf the "+200% dmg when under 50% life"Beastmaster Talent, 300 dmg per mellee hit is too much, way too much, it shouldnt be possible for a puny human to do more mellee dmg than a tyrant

senjuj
29th Mar 2016, 15:22
Pls nerf the "+200% dmg when under 50% life"Beastmaster Talent
no. counter by burstdamage ie skills and charged melee attack.

Nurgor
29th Mar 2016, 16:12
i am talking about soloing a beastmaster, 1 vamp doesnt have enough burst to quickly kill a Beastmaster(maybe a sentinel if he lands all his skills, but i dont want to be forced to use 1 class all the time)
Nosgoth contrary to what it should be is a game where teammates rarely look out for each other or help each other, so no as soloplayer u wont have a chance against a beastmaster with savagery
also charged mellee? against the knockback skill? haha...nope wont work

senjuj
29th Mar 2016, 17:39
i see. :D

R3dLine237
29th Mar 2016, 17:41
1130 hours down the drain... much fun very wow. Better just revert back BM and no games no party system is plain trash... And as JW said... mm system is trash and **** good players by giving <30 hour noobs vs decent 300~ hour players which you can't beat alone. You guys **** up big time. Fix it soon? Care or smth?

Endsequenz
29th Mar 2016, 17:44
I agree that the meele of the beastmaster is a bit silly.
As soon as the health drops, ppl are spaming meele and almost 1 shot vamps.

eldavimost
30th Mar 2016, 09:20

It's right here in the patch notes that only the first player to leave is supppsed to get the point deduction.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=174553

^^This has been reverted in the beastmaster patch.

This is very important to revert it back, or at least remove the confusing messages saying it is now safe to leave!

- Party system completely broken, restarting for all memebers doesnt help. 90% of the times some bug occurs. This is a major issue, to me its the major of all and its not fixed. More than 1 week in this embarassing state. Consider that this is meant to be a TEAM BASED game but you cant play in a team that u want.

- Every single time that i start the game (and i start at least 20 times every session cause of restarting) I have the "placement" screen for every single league from alpha 1 to 6.0 My friends dont have it.. but i can assure u that it is very annoying cause it causes huge microlag and i have to click "ok" 6 time every time.

- 30% of the time the launcher is a black screen, 30% i cant click the play button. Sometime I can start the game properly after several restarts.

- The game is full of deceiver clones and summoner stalkers that dont die. And the tyrant corpses make a huge noise very often

- League points still broken.

- Sometimes I cant even start the game cause i just get a complete black screen

- Launcher is still terrible and u forced us to loose many options.

- Sonic boom changes are fine at least and also the waiting times seems better

Overall for me the game is still unplayable considering I play in party 90% of the times and I cant even play properly sometimes cause the game just doesnt start

Totally agree with everything here.
I normally need to restart the launcher 3/4 times because of black screen launcher, never-ending refreshing spinning arrows, error 504 Bad gateway nginx, or greyed out Play button. Then I have to restart the game a couple of times because I get the black screen after the loading screen, the "unable to connect to system party servers", my friend list is empty (so I cannot invite anyone or being invited by anyone) or I try to make a party with someone and when any of us accept the invitation of the other nothing happens.
Have in mind that every time you restart the game you might need to restart the launcher as well, having to deal with the launcher bugs AGAIN.

List of bugs to be addressed by order of importance:

0.Nerf Beastmaster savagery: no way to 1vs1 him with a melee class if full health, power (charged) attacks don't work as Nurgor says because of the power shot knockback.

1. League points, only apply penalty to the first one that leaves the match, points applied after match (win only 1 point and lose -14 bug, do apply different penalties to each player depending on how bad they did, makes no sense to apply -14 to everyone in a team when someone did 25/5 (Takedowns/deaths) and 32k of damage -meaning better score than the best on the winning team- when all their teammates did 1/7 to 2/10 and max 15k damage)

2. The "unable to connect to party servers" bug, the parties invitation bugs and the empty friend list, these seem to be a race conditions on the server (bugs in parallel programming) and they are normally very difficult to spot. Put your most intelligent and experienced in parallel programming developers to study and fix those.

3. Launcher bugs, Play button sometimes doesn't go red - nonsense -, spinning arrows as if it was refreshing the page indefinitely -???-, error 504 Bad gateway ngingx - again connection problems/race condition on server? -

With all of these I think you would have fixed all the bugs introduced with the BM update.

And then, we will have some time to talk about League points and matchmaking... :) Please make it happen!!

Vampmaster
30th Mar 2016, 09:30
This is very important to revert it back, or at least remove the confusing messages saying it is now safe to leave!

Do you mean the fix should be reverted or the thing that broke it should be reverted? It's a bit unclear. I don't think players should be punished for actions beyond their control.

eldavimost
30th Mar 2016, 14:17
Do you mean the fix should be reverted or the thing that broke it should be reverted? It's a bit unclear. I don't think players should be punished for actions beyond their control.

I meant to revert it as it was before, punishing only the first leaver. There's no guarantee that the first leaver will do so on purpouse (might be a crash, temporary loss of internet connection, etc) but if they did not punish the first leaver everyone will abuse this (as it has been done in the past).

Fettikus
30th Mar 2016, 14:22
Since yesterday the ability icons for Beastmaster are completely changed around. My loadouts were also randomised for no reason
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CezWCwBWIAEBXc1.jpg

Roy644
30th Mar 2016, 14:28
Since yesterday the ability icons for Beastmaster are completely changed around. My loadouts were also randomised for no reason
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CezWCwBWIAEBXc1.jpg

Ahah nice one. Never saw that, seems like fun

And BTW, still unable to create parties with friends. Sometimes, friends simply don't show up on friend list, sometimes they do but can't be invited and most of the times, we can invite each other but never end up in party together. Do you hear me SE/Psyonix ?

Vampmaster
30th Mar 2016, 14:35
I meant to revert it as it was before, punishing only the first leaver. There's no guarantee that the first leaver will do so on purpouse (might be a crash, temporary loss of internet connection, etc) but if they did not punish the first leaver everyone will abuse this (as it has been done in the past).

In that case, I agree. That's what I was meaning.

J_Walker
31st Mar 2016, 19:06
http://memecrunch.com/meme/WEG4/is-there-anyone-alive-out-there/image.png

Sasha_Vykos
8th Apr 2016, 11:46
some news about a game fix? 3 weeks without news and with the game in this awfull state issnt enough yet?
please devs.. please. This is not understandable AT ALL. At least tell us something.

Roy644
8th Apr 2016, 11:57
some news about a game fix? 3 weeks without news and with the game in this awfull state issnt enough yet?
please devs.. please. This is not understandable AT ALL. At least tell us something.

Basically what EVERYONE is asking for days. A bit of communication regarding broken parties and continuously needed restart to be able to launch one single match. I really don't understand their attitude. It seems to me that there are no reasons whatsoever for ignoring those huge problems...

kLauE187
8th Apr 2016, 12:20
Guess you guys forgot that bugfixes are not important for devs.