PDA

View Full Version : Good news about puzzles

TRWad
4th Jul 2002, 19:26
put a negative number in the ocb of a puzzle_hole and lara will play that animation when she places the item.
Example:
-422 plays animation 422 (the harp animation)
-1 plays animation 1 (walking animation)
but you can also use your own animations (for example, replace animation 422 by the keycard animation)

The Sage Of Time
4th Jul 2002, 19:33
Hmm, interesting.. Why hasn't anyone noticed this before?
I never bother making levels myself so it's no surprise I didn't.

DKSM
4th Jul 2002, 19:35
Very interesting. I never thought of doing that.

eTux
4th Jul 2002, 19:38
If you'd check the all OCB thread, you'd notice that I posted about the lyre animation allready there :rolleyes:

The Sage Of Time
4th Jul 2002, 19:40
So it was discovered already? Good, I'd hate to think it's been overlooked all this time..

TRWad
4th Jul 2002, 19:45
Originally posted by eTux
If you'd check the all OCB thread, you'd notice that I posted about the lyre animation allready there :rolleyes:
That was about the music scroll only. But that code can be used for ALL of lara's animations, which is not in that post.

eTux
4th Jul 2002, 19:50
Originally posted by TRWad

That was about the music scroll only. But that code can be used for ALL of lara's animations, which is not in that post.

You're right at this point, I guess...

Sage, I think the most people here, who build levels, usually don't play other cutom levels (most of them), but there are a few levels where Lara plays the lyre in-game.

Chronicles5
4th Jul 2002, 19:57
:confused: I don't really understand. Do you trigger the puzzle hole as key, and change the ocb, and lara does a different animation to trigger it? if so, that's really cool, is there a list of animations somewhere or can you find it in the .lar file? ;)

TRWad
4th Jul 2002, 21:28
You can see the lara animations with wadmerger 1.8 beta.
Make this number negative (do *-1) and put it in the ocb from a puzzle_hole. When lara places a key, that animation from lara is played. In tr4 the lyre used this, but you can use other animations as well. Like the keycard animation from tr3.

traider28
4th Jul 2002, 21:39
HUH,I never noticed that either,every cool.I learn something new everyday!!:D

TRWad
4th Jul 2002, 21:43
Originally posted by traider28
HUH,I never noticed that either,every cool.I learn something new everyday!!:D
That's why you are here!

MountainDewNut
5th Jul 2002, 00:01
Awesome discovery!

inchdix
5th Jul 2002, 07:21
Poseidon statue and trident key anyone?.......

Thanks Piega!..... I would never have found it myself.

prjsaves
5th Jul 2002, 11:42
Hi

Do negative numbers only work on puzzle hole slot ?

Or do other slots have the same properties ?

TRWad
5th Jul 2002, 19:58
I tried it on a switch but lara refused to use the switch then. Seems puzzle only.