PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way out from Laras home, TR 3?

Solange
4th Jul 2002, 18:39
I've spent the day trying to get out from Laras home without using the gate, (I want to see the surroundings!) is it possible? I've managed to hang from the wall, but she will not climb up!

I found a way in to the race track without having to get the key! :)
But she hurt her fossies a bit! :(

Chronicles5
4th Jul 2002, 20:04
theres lots of ways to get to cool places, but core was wise in the making of this game, there is a toggle opacity opening conncecting to the wall from the rest of the house area, so you can't enter there. you can get inside the quadbike area without the key, get ontop of the house, and get to some other really high places, using the corner bug. ;) you can't get out past the gate unless you press the switch, and going that way you will activate the finish 24 trigger, and you will go back to the title screen :D

Solange
4th Jul 2002, 22:29
I have explored the roof, that is how I got to the quadbike area (sorry, I called it race track), lots of fun! On the highest chimney, when Lara got up, she refused to stand or walk, she insisted on crawling on all 4! Wierd! :D As if she had a roof over her head!

edit: To bad there is no other way out though!

Lil Lara
5th Jul 2002, 01:10
How do you get on the roof? I've never done that before, sounds cool though....:p

Chronicles5
5th Jul 2002, 01:54
@Solange- Lara has to crawl up on the chimney because the editors of the game made the ceiling at that height, and used the transparencey texture to make the horizon and sky. If you use the level editor, you will realize alot of things about tomb raider :D that is also why there is the texture with red spaces and water on it on the roof :D:D:D

@Lil Lara- You need to use the tr3 corner bug, which involves lara getting into the edge of a wall corner, and crawling into it at a 45 degree angle, this shoots lara up to the top, I'm not kidding you can find that and other bugs on various sites. It's really cool, and fun to get to unauthorized areas lol :D

Lil Lara
5th Jul 2002, 02:44
Thanks, Chronicles5! That is the coolest thing! Lara just hoped up there, it's like she is a mutant or something and can jump 50ft, it's amazing! :D ;) :p The roof is very cool, but so tempting as to watch her swan dive of the top, I couldn't resist! :rolleyes: ;) :p

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 02:48
There's also the corner bug that works from standing. Go to a corner, walk to the edge of the wall you want get onto of. Face the wall, then turn about 45 degrees out from it. Then jump up about 2 times (it's two for me) and she'll end up on top.

This works in most spots, in all the games. (it didn't work that great for me in Chronicles though)

Chronicles5
5th Jul 2002, 02:52
there are many changes through the tr games, the standing jump worked well for me in tr124 and 5, but in 3 it didnt work well because crawling was introduced, and this worked also on 4. :D glad to help Lil Lara!!! :D:D:D:p:D

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 02:57
At Stella's I read about the corner bug working underwater, but I never got that to work. Have you??

Lil Lara
5th Jul 2002, 03:05
Thanks, Chronicles5! That is the coolest thing! Lara just hoped up there, it's like she is a mutant or something and can jump 50ft, it's amazing! :D ;) :p The roof is very cool, but so tempting as to watch her swan dive of the top, I couldn't resist! :rolleyes: ;) :p

Lil Lara
5th Jul 2002, 03:07
Sorry, I don't know why that got posted twice. Yeah, I got the info on the "bugs" from Stella's page. Underwater, eh? Sounds interesting, I'll have to try!

Solaris
5th Jul 2002, 03:17
What bug underwater?

and i never been able to get on Lara's roof..i tried doing what Chronicles5 suggested but it didnt work:( ....

Can i please have Stella's site??;)

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 03:23
http://tombraiders.net/stella/

And all the stuff about bugs is under 'Useful Bugs' lol. How about that? ;)

Solange
5th Jul 2002, 11:58
Originally posted by Chronicles5
@Lil Lara- You need to use the tr3 corner bug, which involves lara getting into the edge of a wall corner, and crawling into it at a 45 degree angle, this shoots lara up to the top, I'm not kidding you can find that and other bugs on various sites. It's really cool, and fun to get to unauthorized areas lol :D

This I've got to try, I only knew about the jump before! Thanks! :)

Solange
5th Jul 2002, 12:13
No, couldn't make that work, jumping thing works fine though!

I'll try again later.

cjhilljack
6th Jul 2002, 17:20
Do these bugs only exist in PC version or will they work for PS too? Does anyone know?:cool:

Lil Lara
6th Jul 2002, 17:34
Yes, the bugs work for the PS as well. I have all my TR games for the PS and the bugs seem to work for me.:p

cjhilljack
7th Jul 2002, 16:34
COOL!!!!! I will have to give them a try then. Thanks!

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 18:24
Wow! I've just tried the corner bug and it's so cool! :D

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 19:05
It kind of seems like the roof of Lara's house had been designed with the corner bug in mind. Why else would the roof have steps and the low area??

Solaris
7th Jul 2002, 19:11
Originally posted by Aquarius
It kind of seems like the roof of Lara's house had been designed with the corner bug in mind. Why else would the roof have steps and the low area??

once you think of it your right...
Did anyone notice how in Tomb Raider 3 there is a red spot and a small sqaure of water in a corner in the low area with the steps??

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 19:24
Yeap, I've also noticed that. And think about the balcony and all that stuff...

Solange
7th Jul 2002, 22:14
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian

once you think of it your right...
Did anyone notice how in Tomb Raider 3 there is a red spot and a small sqaure of water in a corner in the low area with the steps??

I've been ON the red square, Lara can stand on it! :D

Missed the water, where is that?

And V_Croft, what about the balcony stuff, have I missed something? I just managed to get down there!

Lil Lara
7th Jul 2002, 22:37
Yeah.. I noticed that red square with the water-look-a-like spot.. hmm.. what is that? Does anyone know? At first I thought it was a hole where you could drop into a secret room.. wouldn't that have been cool?? Hehe..
I always wanted to get onto Lara's balcony and now I finally have a way.. bwahahahaha..

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 01:32
I never noticed any water spot on the roof. I'll have to look for that when I play TR3 in just a little bit.

cjhilljack
8th Jul 2002, 17:09
Originally posted by Lil Lara
Yeah.. I noticed that red square with the water-look-a-like spot.. hmm.. what is that? Does anyone know? At first I thought it was a hole where you could drop into a secret room.. wouldn't that have been cool?? Hehe..
I always wanted to get onto Lara's balcony and now I finally have a way.. bwahahahaha..

You can, of course, get out onto the balcony simply by shooting the windows out...In 2 we even went off the balcony & down to the ground by the assault course during Home Sweet Home and actually took out a few of the goons that way...

Deekman
8th Jul 2002, 17:16
If you can make your way to the roof, you
can get outside the gate.
I forget the exact path without going thru the level.

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 18:49
In TR3, you can't shoot the windows out on the balcony, can you?? I don't think I've ever tried it.......

snodaemon
8th Jul 2002, 22:12
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Yeah, i am sure that you can't shoot out the windows, i've tried that before

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2002, 00:03
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
If you can make your way to the roof, you
can get outside the gate.
I forget the exact path without going thru the level.

So, you can get outside the gate?? That would be so cool.. do you, or anyone else know how abouts one would do this? hehe..

Solaris
9th Jul 2002, 00:34

I thought it was a hole too....oh well....

In TR3, you can't shoot the windows out on the balcony, can you?? I don't think I've ever tried it.......

No sadly you cannot destroy Lara's Property :( ;)
It would have been cool thought to crash in through her windows and see Winston cursing at her cause he just washed them with his specially made turnip oil..:D

cjhilljack
9th Jul 2002, 14:30
Originally posted by Aquarius

I haven't actually tried it in 3, but I do know it works in 2 for sure.

V_Croft
9th Jul 2002, 15:14
Originally posted by Solange:
And V_Croft, what about the balcony stuff, have I missed something? I just managed to get down there!

I just mean that you can go down there. And in TR3 there's no other way to go there (as far as I know...) ;)

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2002, 17:31
You can't go onto Lara's balcony via shooting out her windows, in TR3. I've already tried this and it doesnt work. You can, though, go onto her balcony via shooting out her windows in TR2 during "Home Sweet Home". I'm not sure why, but if I remember right, one of the baddies breaks through the window in the first place.

Solaris
9th Jul 2002, 23:07
You can't go onto Lara's balcony via shooting out her windows, in TR3. I've already tried this and it doesnt work. You can, though, go onto her balcony via shooting out her windows in TR2 during "Home Sweet Home". I'm not sure why, but if I remember right, one of the baddies breaks through the window in the first place.

you could get on her balconie..you just can't shoot her window.;)

Glider
10th Jul 2002, 03:36
It's nice to see that so many people have become interested in my favourite "variation" to the game! ;)

Off hand, I can't recall any way to get outside of the gate in TR3 except the proper way. You aren't allowed to get up onto the property's perimeter wall the way you are in TR2.

Anyhow, once you're all done exploring the possibilities at Lara's house, you should start going through the games and seeing where you can get to. I can't promise you'll find any hidden loot or anything; but you can get that previously unreachable medipack in Palace Midas in TR1.
....and then of course, there was the time I stumbled across a secret area in TR4 I wasn't supposed to be able to find yet...... ;) :D

V_Croft
11th Jul 2002, 13:06
Well, actually you can get out of the walls in TR2 !

If you jump from the roof on the maze and then on the surrounding wall you can. You just have to go somewhere near the gate while you are on the wall). Then you can fall outside. there's little space there with some trees. It's exciting though!
The funny thing about that is that Wiston tries to reach you but he can't come out of the gate (He he!). He's half-in and half-out of the gate. Lara can bump into him and he makes that voice all the time: oh oh. He he.. I enjoy torturing him so much!!! :D

I don't know if you can do that in TR3-haven't tried it.

cjhilljack
11th Jul 2002, 16:08
I have tried, for a couple days now, to use the corner bug to get Lara onto the roof in TR3 home level & had no luck. I am playing on PS - someone said it would work, but so far, it isn't...any suggestions? Is there a particularly good place to try it? I have been attempting it from the attic...

:confused:

Lil Lara
11th Jul 2002, 19:31
I have PS and the corner bug works for me, but it works best on the TR3 home level. Have you gone to Stella's site? She has a section about corner bugs and explains them with screen shots. The best place to do it.. is in the front of her house, the corner next to her door, if that makes any sense at all... Well, if you still can't get it to work.. go here...http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/index.html

Lil Lara
11th Jul 2002, 23:16
Originally posted by V_Croft
[SIZE=3]
If you jump from the roof on the maze and then on the surrounding wall you can. You just have to go somewhere near the gate while you are on the wall). Then you can fall outside. there's little space there with some trees. It's exciting though!
The funny thing about that is that Wiston tries to reach you but he can't come out of the gate (He he!). He's half-in and half-out of the gate. Lara can bump into him and he makes that voice all the time: oh oh. He he.. I enjoy torturing him so much!!! :D

I did what V_Croft said in their earlier post and it worked for me! It's really cool, but there isn't much rrom to run around and explore, oh well, it is still cool! I tried to jump Lara off the ledge into the blackness(obviously where they quit designing the level) but it wouldn't let me. Lara acted as if there was a wall there and bounced off it. OH well..

Lil Lara
11th Jul 2002, 23:40
I tried to do that same thing in TR3 but it wont let you pull up onto the ledge that you would follow around to the front gate. Oh well..

Glider
12th Jul 2002, 03:37
Originally posted by cjhilljack
I have tried, for a couple days now, to use the corner bug to get Lara onto the roof in TR3 home level & had no luck.
Is there a particularly good place to try it? I have been attempting it from the attic...

:confused:

Lara cannot have anything in the way when using the corner bug to get on top of something. If anything is in the way, she hits her head on it and falls back down. So for example: Lara cannot corner bug onto a column if it forms part of an archway, and she is underneath the arch. But if one corner of the column is open at the top, she might be able to make it there.

Keep in mind that the bug doesn't work at each and every corner. You must experiment.

My favourite spot in both TR2 and TR3 to get onto the roof is near the statue out front. Go to the statue and face back at the house. Walk straight from the statue to the house. Now turn right, and go to the first corner. Step off of the low hedge, and line Lara up on the corner at the 45 degree angle. Start jumping. When she goes up, a simple back flip from where she ends up gets her onto the roof proper. ;)

cjhilljack
12th Jul 2002, 18:07
Thanks for the tips Glider - I will try again tonight! :cool:

HikingBoots
12th Jul 2002, 20:51
That red square is for the water texture. If it wasn't there, the water in the level wouldn't appear to move. It would just look like a transparent area that moves a little.

Lil Lara
13th Jul 2002, 20:46
Interesting, Hiking boots... how did you find that out??

Karejean
13th Jul 2002, 23:38
is the roof the only way out of Lara's house, and also why does the old man follow her around i didnt find any thing in her house interesting so i left i couldnt find no way out of there any were. Does it matter what chimmeny .

HikingBoots
14th Jul 2002, 01:37
Interesting, Hiking boots... how did you find that out??
Eh, I don't remember, I read it somewhere.

cjhilljack
14th Jul 2002, 05:17
Originally posted by Karejean
is the roof the only way out of Lara's house, and also why does the old man follow her around i didnt find any thing in her house interesting so i left i couldnt find no way out of there any were. Does it matter what chimmeny .

Which version of the game are you talking about here? In TR2, you should check out the hedge-maze very closely (I know, this is outside the house, but it is home level & interesting). In TR3 did you gain access to the trophy room? Did you get the key for the quadbike track?

Karejean
14th Jul 2002, 19:16
no i havnt found any keys but i can go up a chimmeny but it takes me to a lever and i pull it and it opens up a door but when i try to get back to it it ends up closing before i get there and some one said that to get to the roof is the chimmeny but i cant seem to get there there is 2 chemenies and i dont know which one to go up

Lil Lara
14th Jul 2002, 21:19
Ok, in the library room, you pull that secret book lever and the fire goes out. You then have to climb up into that one room that you were talking about. You have to push that block out of your way first and make sure that the door from the atic to the rest of the house is open. You then have to pull that lever, and yes it is timed. Once you make it into that room that opens up... it takes you to the huge aquarium and inside the aquarium is the race track key. Does that make sense? Do you need more of an explanation?

Lil Lara
14th Jul 2002, 21:21
Karejean... are you trying top get onto Lara's roof?? I'm confused on what you need help with.

cjhilljack
16th Jul 2002, 03:53
Karejean - as Lil Lara said, the chimney thing is a timed run - and it may seem like a hassle, but it's good practise for gameplay, and the end result is the coveted key to the quadbike track - which is just plain fun.
;) Good luck!

Glider
16th Jul 2002, 05:12
Of course, if you're too lazy like me, you can always just use the corner bug to get into and then out again of the racetrack! ;) :D

cjhilljack
16th Jul 2002, 13:50
:( Sadly, I still have not been able to get the corner bug to work on my PSone. But, I haven't given up yet !