PDA

View Full Version : game crashes

Necro
4th Jul 2002, 14:28
Hi all. Im having a problem with the von croy object. I have made a custom wad, using coastal.wad as the basis and added some additional objects.

Everything was fine until I added the von croy object from the ang_race.wad. TRWest told me that I would get transparent objects in the editor which was ok as I have had that before and everything has worked.

I created the tom file, ran the converter with no probs and then loaded the game.

When i load up the level, the bar gets to the end and then crashes.

Lara is in the level as that usually crashes the game if shes not. So i dont know why its crashing. I really need von croy in my level so it continues the story.

the only other alternative I can think of it to end the level just as von croy is needed, and create another and put him in there but i would prefer it in this level.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Lee

Litepulsar
4th Jul 2002, 14:51
the exact same problem happened to me, whilst creating a custom outfit. I'd convert the level, then load it, and it would crash my computer. The wad had become corrupted, I don't know if it's the same in your case, hope not :( I remade the same outfit the exact same way within an uncorrupted wad and it now works perfectly :)

Chronicles5
4th Jul 2002, 15:23
well, if trwest told you youd have transparent objects whilst in the editor, that isnt good anyway, so try using wadmereger instead if you can, according to TRWad, wadmerger saves less object textures, and if that doesn't work, delete all unnecessary objects from your wad, that you have not and will not use, to try to decrease wad space. Good luck!

Necro
5th Jul 2002, 11:44
That worked great and my level is finished now but for some strange reason, the game crashes when lara gets to some triggers that never posed problems before. Has the wad been damaged???

Cheers
Lee