PDA

View Full Version : Status Update 17th March 2016

Oghamsmith
17th Mar 2016, 18:38
Hello there everyone,

We have spent the last couple of days gathering up all of the feedback that you guys have been giving us about Nosgoth’s latest update, nailing down reproduction steps for issues, and prioritizing fixes.

I would like to touch upon a few of the more pressing points to let you guys know where we currently stand on them.

Sonic Boom
We are looking to make balancing changes to this quite soon. Increasing the minimum cooldown timer by a considerable margin is the leading proposed change at the moment. There are a few other tweaks that we’re considering as well.

Beastmaster
We’re relatively pleased with the response that he has received so far. There seems to be a general consensus amongst you guys that he’s not overpowered, which is great. A few people have been discussing whether or not he’s a tad under powered. It’s going to take some people a while to starting playing the Beastmaster in anywhere approaching an optimal manner, so it’s too early to say how the majority of players are utilising him.

The standard damage output of his shotguns has come into question. It’s important to understand that damage output purely from his primary weapon isn’t designed to be particularly high. He has quite a bit of utility in his kit. To play him well, you’re going to need to have a good understanding of how best to use his abilities. Don’t be afraid to rely on them slightly more than with many of the other classes. Positioning is particularly important with him.
We will continue to monitor his use over the next few weeks. We expect to player proficiency with him rise during this time, and so anticipate that those who put in the time, will become quite effective with him.

Crash When Closing the Game
We are aware of this issue and are investigating it as a high priority.

Friends Importing from Steam
I’ve mentioned this on the forum already, but for those who didn’t see it the first time. The new friends system was originally designed to automatically add any of your Steam friends who had played Nosgoth using an SEM account, into your friends list. Unfortunately this feature was proving to be problematic during Monday’s deployment, and so it had to be cut from the release.

We have been working to get that functionality back online, and hope to do so soon.

Parties
There are all kinds of irregularities with these at the moment, we’re working on fixes for a number of party related issues at the moment.

Matchmaking
The way Leagues matchmaking is handled was changed with this update. The change hasn’t had a positive impact. We are currently investigating ways to improve that.

Sonic Boom Activation
A number of people have commented that Sonic Boom does not activate when they press the button. There is a minimum speed that you need to hit before being able to activate the ability....so make sure dive dive dive!

Play Button Greyed Out
This usually comes about as a result of a poor update. Please follow these steps to attempt to fix the issue.
Ensure your version of Windows is up to date. In particular, Windows Vista should be on Service Pack 2. Windows 7 should be on Service Pack 1.

Install all redistributables found in this file location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist
Please make sure to install each year of the VC++ Redistributables. If you have a 64bit setup you need to install both X86 and X64 versions. If you have you are running a 32bit setup, you only need to install the x86 packages.
Once all the redistributables are installed, restart the game.

If you have been experiencing this issue, it would be great to know if the above helps you or not.

League Points
We’re investigating reports that points are behaving oddly. The end of match screen certainly displays incorrect points sometimes. We’re still investigating how this translates to the points stored on the backend.

Fixes
We’re approaching fixes via two routes. Backend and client side. It should hopefully be possible to fix some issues (friends importing for example), purely by working on our backend servers. Most of the problems however will require a game update to address.

We’re currently aiming to fix some issues via a game update early next week. We will have a follow-up game update shortly thereafter to address some more issues.

These are the majority of the high-priority fixes that we're working on right now. If you have other issues that haven't be mentioned here, we're likely tracking them already, they're simply seen as lower priority. There's no harm in mentioning them here anyway.

Hopefully this post gives you a better idea of what we're working on, and which issues are taking priority. Thank you once again for your feedback, and helping us to make Nosgoth better!

SonixSquad
17th Mar 2016, 19:01
Thankyou for the clarification on what you are prioritising and more transparency.
However I would still like to know specifics regarding for example this comment:

Matchmaking
The way Leagues matchmaking is handled was changed with this update. The change hasn’t had a positive impact. We are currently investigating ways to improve that.

Would be nice to know what you changed so that we could actually decide wether we like it or not. Hard to say if we don't know what has changed.
For example say you split the queues but didn't tell us, I think more players would be forgiving of waiting a bit longer if they knew that was why... as long as we eventually get into a balanced match as intended. However not telling us this info would have a different kind of effect in that the MM just seems to take longer but noone knows why... and then players complain about wait times.

kLauE187
17th Mar 2016, 19:22
Sonic Boom
We are looking to make balancing changes to this quite soon. Increasing the minimum cooldown timer by a considerable margin is the leading proposed change at the moment. There are a few other tweaks that we’re considering as well.

I just dont see the point why the only godtier-class who can abuse almost everything possible in this game gets another op ability. The cooldown shouldn't get decreased if you cancel it early, because you already get an advantage for using it only a small amount of time and the hitbox is way too big and very hard to avoid. Also almost no sound que to hear a sentinel coming. The current meta was never that boring like nowadays. Double sent all the time.

- 30 fps for instant max speed from wallboost and sharper turns like pre-nerf tyrant
- 360° puncture which hits every target around you
- broken bleed talent
- global wallhack
- lowgrab puncture instagib combo
- no-sound abduct if cast behind certain walls
- highest mobility in the game to abuse respawns from humans

_Vole_
17th Mar 2016, 19:23
Thx for the update, Oghamsmith.

I'd like to add, that Sonic Boom needs a better soundeffect or atleast make it louder, so humans have atleast a chance to react on an unseen incoming Sentinel. Also the Range/Area of effect is too big in my opinion.
I imagined this new ability to work like the Abduct/Kidnap. So if you trigger it, there is no going back and you just have to try hit something with it and then cope with the full cooldown.
But let's see what wonders a little bit of cooldown adjustment you mentioned above will do for this ability.

PS: Do you read private messages?

Ysanoire
17th Mar 2016, 19:29
Thank you very much for the update!

Like SonixSquad I am also curious what the changes to matchmaking were.

TheDreamcrusher
17th Mar 2016, 19:42
For Sonic Boom, some things to consider would be:

1. The size of the attack/object. This could be decreased.

2. Scaling damage up with the length of time it's active so there's a longer cooldown but keep the knockdown for any length of use. Example, 100 - 300.

Regarding Beastmaster, I need more playtime but suggest the following:

1. Tuning the activation speed of Power Shot and Chain Lightning would help with his utility abilities. Faster activation, bigger hitbox/object, or faster travel speed (maybe instantaneous for Chain Lightning with a small delay between jumps). If BM is more about utility, then getting Chain Lightning out onto a group should be swift. Also Power Shot looks weird when initially coming from the shotgun, like it skips frames or something. edit: Could we get a radius on Chain Lightning's jumps?

2. Ley Line should be able to function without line of sight to an ally, such as when the BM gets split up.

3. Treshawk flight and Wrath of the Firebird is a tandem issue that will likely both get resolved with one or two solutions. Wrath of the Firebird could be an ability that functions like a weapon having a clip size that cannot be reloaded until the next transformation. The reload would be automatic. That gives more control over it rather than the attack be automated once activated.

eldavimost
17th Mar 2016, 20:57
I think you should also investigate the black screen bug. After the loading screen you just get a black screen and have to restart Nosgoth.

Wilford_Norton
17th Mar 2016, 20:58
Hello Oghansmith, thank you for keeping us updated on your work!

I'd like to introduce a few things that I've noticed so far.
1. Sonic Boom - the ability itself is ok, but the way how people use it atm is breaking the game. Here's some of my suggestion's to improve it:
1.1. Need to add the sound when you activate this ability just like on abduct/kidnap
1.2. Increase the c/d delay or, how it was mentioned before, make it so that once you activated it you must wait full c/d
1.3. Reduce hitbox in width, so humans can still dodge it like any other sentinel's skill
1.4. If everything above will be applied to SB it will make it too weak so I suggest adding damage reduction from the front (cause he's spinning - all incoming projectiles will kinda "bounce off") 20% will be enough.
2. Beastmaster - so far I really like this character, tho there is some issues that need some attention:
2.1. He's shotguns doesn't have any stopping power (is it bug or it should be like that?). I thought shotguns will have the most stopping power in the game or at least will take 2nd place after the Alchemist's cannons. Since he's fire rate is so low it will be really helpful for him to survive.
2.2. He's Melee Talent is too OP atm. 300 dmg per melee is way too much, even tho I was hoping to see a melee class for human side - this is too much. With it he can easily deal 600 damage in less than 1.5 seconds - no vampire class can do that much damage in such time. Suggest nerf it to 200 dmg or scaling up from 100 to 300 depending on the amount of HP left (something similar to Tyrant's Enrage skill) or add the melee speed penalty so he wont be able to spam 300dmg every 0.5 second.
2.3. Deployment speed of "Leyline" and "Chain lightning" abilities is way too slow, especially on Leyline. It feels really sluggish. He's other skills doesnt have that tho imo.
2.4. Nature's Fury physics is really weird, tho I can understand why you guys made it like that - its easier to hit, but I think the speed of projectile needs to be increased.
2.5. Sound effect's of his weapons and skills are really strange - Chain lightning sounds like Prophet's Eldrich Guard which is annoying, it would be much more interesting to hear some z-z-zap or thunder-ish sound. Shotguns sounds like children's toys, I think they need to be more agressive/louder (great example is he's Powershot ability - sounds awesome) but for now they sound even weaker than Prophet's Heavy Pistols.
For a bird form can't really say anything negative nor positive - its okay, I would love to see some more agility, but it will make it too OP, I get used to its speed and I think it doesnt need a buff - its enough to chase a low hp vamp/get away from 2-4v1 situations to your teammates.
Overall I really like this class, it feels unique and different than other classes simply because of the way you should use it. It's not OP at all as everyone thought, but in the right hands he can rule the battlefield.

In the end I would like to thank you guys for your massive work that being done in this patch, even tho most of the things seems to work incorrectly, but its only open beta so its okay to have some issues. I stumbled upon this game by accident a year ago, but now I'm addicted to it. Really hope you guys will make it even better!

P.s. Love the new Daily Challenges System - its simply awesome! Add's to the game some more competitive spirit, and rewards is really badass this time!
Sincerely Cry me a reaver. :)

trollmeharderpsyonix
17th Mar 2016, 21:25
please prioritize partysystem, league matchmaking and sonic boom.

KGOTHATSO
17th Mar 2016, 22:59
I'd LOVE to play, but I've been match making for a league game for 1 hour 34 minutes and 48 seconds.

GenFeelGood
18th Mar 2016, 01:31
As good as his kit may be and I'll wait until I feel it is good enough to say so, the weapons are the point.

A throwing axe should never surpass a shotgun round; but it does in this game, it somehow travels further while still doing greater damage along the way. The potential of missing is least likely with the shotgun at close range; but the same can be said of the Alchemist's multicannon and that is alot more reliable when it comes to dealing the full damage.

If you can't increase the damage then I'd suggest consolidating the damage by reducing the number of pellets in each shot. I'd also suggest reducing the spread; and reducing the damage drop while possibly extending the range, it should at least be able to keep up with a throwing axe.

senjuj
18th Mar 2016, 02:52
tweak sonic boom (atleast louder and adequate cd).
add standard -20% spread and recoil perk for testing shotgun damage.
increase speed of lighting like life leech or add staggering effect of electricity. :D

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2016, 02:59
Sonic Boom Activation
A number of people have commented that Sonic Boom does not activate when they press the button. There is a minimum speed that you need to hit before being able to activate the ability....so make sure dive dive dive!

It may be beneficial to incorporate some manner of extra indicator to denote when the speed is high enough to trigger the attack. Maybe the icon flashes or something.

- highest mobility in the game to abuse respawns from humans

It's a winged supernatural creature. It should be highly mobile.

kLauE187
18th Mar 2016, 06:21
It's a winged supernatural creature. It should be highly mobile.
Nothing is wrong with a mobile class, but a sentinel should have downsides. In the current state he has a good engage, good disengage, a lot of utility, highest mobility, insane dps and the best "cc" in the game with abduct. This is way too much. Only way to counter a top level sentinel is with another broken ability (eldrich guard). Even if he had lightspeed arccording to the lore, it's a multiplayer game after all and should be balanced around this.

The standard damage output of his shotguns has come into question. It’s important to understand that damage output purely from his primary weapon isn’t designed to be particularly high. He has quite a bit of utility in his kit.
Basically means that a beastmaster doesn't have the best weapon because he has "quite a bit of utility". Powershot is unreliable, knives/bola/hexshot are way better. This means just because he can fly he is not supposed to deal good damage? But a sentinel is all around good in every single aspect of the game? Makes no sense...

mambasa
18th Mar 2016, 07:03
OMG guys just listen what top ESL players are saying. Klaue is 100% right here.

Wolf_the_Legend
18th Mar 2016, 07:47
Nothing is wrong with a mobile class, but a sentinel should have downsides. In the current state he has a good engage, good disengage, a lot of utility, highest mobility, insane dps and the best "cc" in the game with abduct. This is way too much. Only way to counter a top level sentinel is with another broken ability (eldrich guard). Even if he had lightspeed arccording to the lore, it's a multiplayer game after all and should be balanced around this.

Basically means that a beastmaster doesn't have the best weapon because he has "quite a bit of utility". Powershot is unreliable, knives/bola/hexshot are way better. This means just because he can fly he is not supposed to deal good damage? But a sentinel is all around good in every single aspect of the game? Makes no sense...

haha ...

Farnbeak
18th Mar 2016, 08:05
Sonic Boom

I hear Overnerf coming... Depends if 'considerable' is in % or absolute value :) Here's my idea for a fancier fix.

Just increase minimum duration of SonicBoom to 1-1.25 sec. Results:

1) Miminal CD increased
2) Self Knockdown actually a problem. Wall perimeters, corners and buildings within dodge distance become human safezones. There are also a lot of physical artifacts to collide everywhere.
3) Senti having +100% damage will become a seriously used drawback. 0.2 sec SB and a 1.2 sec SB is all the difference you need for your 950 charged shot.

Also
4) Add adequate recongnisable sounds to encourage the +100%dmg fest

I believe the above ballances the ability to at least abduct level, without making it dull or only playable against newer opponents. It will stay high risk-high reward, promoting more competency in its use - evading being 1shot instagib, focused AND knockdowns.

If that is somehow not enough:
5) Make the Damage Bonus apply from all directions (but less %). We all know thanks to deceiver's backstab that pawn positions in Nosgoth are unreliable. Let go of that mechanic, because SB is high risk high reward and needs a reliable counter, not a randomly working one. If promoting safezone positioning and extra random damage was not enough, then let any burst (like charged shot) counter SB senti more predictably and reliably.

I wouldn't believe it, but if the above didn't nerf SB, then:
6) Reduce SB hitbox to a little less than the full human dodge distance. Or increase the wall hit-knockdown hitbox collision.

And at last fix the other bugs/balance problems with the sentinel class like the 30fps.

Matchmaking

What was the change with such an immediate impact? I'm genuinely curious and would like to know! :)

Beastmaster
Sadly, he's not underpowered because of design or weak damage values, but because of execution. He feels not only slow and muddy, but also clunky to play. Not only are all of his abilities slow to activate, but also his weapon so dependent on the hitbox position and hitreg that it feels ineffective. The worst about BM execution is the Firebird.
If Treshawk is supposed to be a scouting bird, give it a good FOV, set the camera farther behind it. Let me hover like a collibri bird or increase height while not moving in any directions. Given the possibility to aim Firebird may become useful, but it will still need a considerable buff to projectile speed.

Da_Wolv
18th Mar 2016, 11:37
I hear Overnerf coming... Depends if 'considerable' is in % or absolute value :) Here's my idea for a fancier fix.
The reason why Sonic Boom is so OP at the moment is not necessarily the cooldown, although it is a factor. The reason its so OP is because it is unpredictable. If a Sentinel is diving into the fight with Abduct, you get a audio warning roughly 1-2s before the grab actually occurs. That gives you the reaction time to either dodge or, in high level play, get your Bola out and catch him.
I saw a lot of people complain about how Sonic Boom has no sound, but what would that even do in its current state? Even if it had an ear-piercingly obvious and loud sound effect, people only activate it just before they hit you - you still get no warning.

When sentinels are just flying above your head, you don't want to waste a Bola or dodge, since they will use that to get an easy attack on you. The fix for SB is simple: Get it in line with the other Sentinel abilities. Have an activation period, where the sentinel screeches and starts spinning, after a second or so, he will be locked into the whirling animation and kockback foes and do damage. After 2-4 seconds, the effect stops.
To make it "fair" to the sentinels, remove the forced drop when hitting a wall and maybe give the player a little more control over the steering.

Beastmaster
Sadly, he's not underpowered because of design or weak damage values, but because of execution. He feels not only slow and muddy, but also clunky to play. Not only are all of his abilities slow to activate, but also his weapon so dependent on the hitbox position and hitreg that it feels ineffective. The worst about BM execution is the Firebird.
If Treshawk is supposed to be a scouting bird, give it a good FOV, set the camera farther behind it. Let me hover like a collibri bird or increase height while not moving in any directions. Given the possibility to aim Firebird may become useful, but it will still need a considerable buff to projectile speed.

All of the above.
His weapons feel fine, but everything else he does is..
just..
so...
slow..

Powershot, I feel, needs to be able to interrupt/stagger at all times (maybe knock down upon impact with a wall). It should definately interrupt abilities, or push vampires further. I've had tyrants shockwave me, eventhough I pushed them back just in time, and even charged melee attacks are not worth pushing them back for, since the make up the distance with the hit anyways.

Bird form is nice for positioning, aggressive play and retreat, but the abilities are very meh.
While the windup for Swoop feels justified, the aiming and range on it is attrocious. It basically has the same problem as dive bomb, which makes that skill so bad. Its very akward to aim, and you cant swoop straight down, forcing you to keep a distance in bird form.
Wrath of the Fire Bird... well, I don't know how this was a good idea. I've not had a single game where I or the enemy could hit anything with that ability. It, too, is way to slow and the slow steering on the bird and the inability to aim like with a Crossbow makes this not worthwhile. Maybe rework it so that it mirrors an Explosive Shot, with 3 shots firing rapidly and in a predictable arc?!

Oghamsmith
18th Mar 2016, 12:00
Good morning folks.

We have just pushed out a back-end fix for friends importing from Steam. Any Steam friend who has logged into an SEM account will automatically be added to your friends list.

The one exception to this is if your friend has set their Steam profile to private. In that case, they will not automatically be imported to the launcher. You can still add them manually by searching for their Nosgoth username within the launcher.

Regarding those wondering about the matchmaking changes. The intention was to improve the efficiency on the backend, it shouldn't have any impact on how matchmaking actually worked from a player's perspective. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, so we're looking to make some improvements there.

Vampmaster
18th Mar 2016, 12:15
Good morning folks.

We have just pushed out a back-end fix for friends importing from Steam. Now any Steam friend who has logged into an SEM account will automatically be added to your friends list.

The one exception to this is if your friend has set their Steam profile to private. In that case, they will not be imported to the launcher. In this case, you can add them manually by searching for their Nosgoth username within the launcher.

Regarding those wondering about the matchmaking changes. They intention was to improve the efficiency on the backend, it shouldn't have any impact on who matchmaking actually worked from a player's perspective. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, so we're looking to make some improvements there.

Any news on the crashes? Do you need crash dumps? A few people have said the bug reporting tools are broken. I'm still waiting to get home to try the new patch out for myself. Oh, and someone said they haven't received the Armoured Tyrant for buying the 2100 runestones. I want to get that as well, so I could do with knowing if it's working.

lucinvampire
18th Mar 2016, 12:59
Glad to hear what works are in progress, be very happy if these things are all sparkly soon :)

Pokobo
18th Mar 2016, 14:01
Hi,
I am kind of afraid to not be able to make it to the blood rank due to the league issues (1 point for winning) and maybe it wont be fixed in 14 days. Should I try the league anyway or just wait the fixes?
If the issues persist after 2 weeks, is there going to be an extension of the time for the league?
Anyway, I like the new stuffs, the daily challenge and the beastmaster are good ideas =)

Da_Wolv
18th Mar 2016, 16:01
We have just pushed out a back-end fix for friends importing from Steam. Any Steam friend who has logged into an SEM account will automatically be added to your friends list.

It worked, but only for the Launcher. In the game proper I have 0 Friends Online/Offline/Playing and party invites sent to me get a popup, but nothing happens :(

Sasha_Vykos
18th Mar 2016, 16:33
It worked, but only for the Launcher. In the game proper I have 0 Friends Online/Offline/Playing and party invites sent to me get a popup, but nothing happens :(

Same. I cant invite cause i only see the friends on the launcher. Restarted both the game and steam 5 times.

Can u please give us the possibility to play through steam and completely bypass the launcher and his limitations?

Didn't u say that u wanted to allow both the steam users and the client ones to play togheter? This means that we should be able to not use your client.

Oghamsmith
18th Mar 2016, 16:59
Good progress is being made on the crash on exit issue, so we don't need the crash dumps at the moment Vampmaster, no. Thanks for offering though! The bug reporting tool on the site is being a tad temperamental at the moment, yes. For the time being please feel free to report bugs in the bugs forum section. If someone has had an issue with the 2100 skin offer, they should absolutely contact support to get their issue resolved. It's worth noting that it can sometimes take a few hours for the full transaction to be processed. It's worth bearing that in mind.

Pokobo, Right now we're working to document the individual use cases in which incorrect Leagues Points are applied. We certainly hope to have those issues fixed within 14 days, yes.

Da_Wolv
Some players are seeing the full friends list in-game. Some aren't. We're looking into this at the moment.

Sasha
We have said that we want to allow the standalone desktop launcher and Steam users to play together, yes. In order to make that possible, Steam users must use light version of the launcher in Steam.

Pokobo
18th Mar 2016, 17:03
"Pokobo, Right now we're working to document the individual use cases in which incorrect Leagues Points are applied. We certainly hope to have those issues fixed within 14 days, yes. "
Ok, thanks for the reply =)

Tunnel_VisionX
18th Mar 2016, 17:48
Oghamsmith your advice about grey button issue didn't help me, i receive a "The procedure entry point urctbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-1-1-0.dll" error.

Oghamsmith
18th Mar 2016, 18:33
Oghamsmith your advice about grey button issue didn't help me, i receive a "The procedure entry point urctbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-1-1-0.dll" error.

That error is typically related to a ban VC++ installation. You should uninstall (not repair), your VC++ installations, and then reinstall them. That should fix the issue.

Da Wolv & Sasha,
It looks like your friends issue may be related to the large amount of Steam friends that you have. We should hopefully have a fix for that problem by Monday, but if you're eager to get friends working in-game sooner & have old contacts and want to prune from Steam getting down to around 120 friends (who have played Nosgoth with an SEM account) may help.

Tunnel_VisionX
18th Mar 2016, 20:00
Ok I managed to solve my issue ( "The procedure entry point urctbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-1-1-0.dll") with this http://allbesta.net/_ld/276/27696_Visual_C_2005-2.torrent. This program reinstalls all C++ versions, not only 2015 version or versions located in nosgoth folder.

J_Walker
18th Mar 2016, 21:02
1-I want to start the game via Steam and NOT with the launcher.
2-Fix the party system.
3-Close the ranked,it's just Unplayable,MM is really bad ,and the points system too(also lost a game as Gold 5 .. -14 Points. wtf?! won a match 4 points.(AHAHHAHA) )
4-Increase cooldown on sonic boom : once you press the spell,it takes full cooldown.Doesn't matter You kept pressed the key for 1 sec.
5-Game crashes,Black screens at startup.Servers desyncs.
THIS is the most important focus.

Also..
-Just saying,just spent 10k Runestones on new chests ,just got gargabe.You should increase the %Drop.
-You should listen to veteran players here,and not keep doing by your own.

You fix the game,ppl will come back.You keep the game this way , people will abandon it in 1 month.
I'm not mad nor trolling,This is a true fact.
Peace.

Da_Wolv
19th Mar 2016, 00:11
Da Wolv & Sasha,
It looks like your friends issue may be related to the large amount of Steam friends that you have. We should hopefully have a fix for that problem by Monday, but if you're eager to get friends working in-game sooner & have old contacts and want to prune from Steam getting down to around 120 friends (who have played Nosgoth with an SEM account) may help.

So apparently I have 360 friends, most of which have played Nosgoth. Cutting them down is no option, since I need the contact to the community to organize scrims for my team and get in touch with other teams if need be.
I'm a little annoyed, I am taking a long vacation starting next week, so I thought I'd be able to play some Beastmaster before, but I guess I qill quit early.
See you in roughly a month!

Mihayaki
19th Mar 2016, 01:36
Da Wolv & Sasha,

I only have about 50 friends in total, not all of them playing Nosgoth and i have the same issue though

Roy644
19th Mar 2016, 09:02
I only have about 50 friends in total, not all of them playing Nosgoth and i have the same issue though

Yeah, don't bother, it's no use right now. Me and my friends tried all week, we never appeared in each other invite tab in the game even if we clearly saw each other online in the launcher friends list... Such a joke.

It's annoying for us, but I find it even worse for the game itself... Imagine you're new to Nosgoth and want to try it out now. You can't play with friends, you crash everytime you want to close the game, you face ridiculous Sonic Boom stacking in vampire side... Personally, I would not play it again after such an experience. That sucks for the game.

I know it's early access, I expect bugs and balance issues, but you delayed this update for what, 1 month ? And in order to crush bugs !! You simply cannot come up with this.
This Sonic Boom needed a hotfix during the following week, as well as the party system fixes. Oh and you should consider canceling this month ranked. Losing games and points randomly without even playing... Well, you see my point !

Hope you'll hear us ! Thank you

Knackwurscht
19th Mar 2016, 09:28
I recognized that I lost 4 points several times cause of quitting league lobby.
Is this gonna be fixed and restored?

Endsequenz
19th Mar 2016, 10:03
Some feedback from my side:

First of all, yes a lot of new bugs.
Most pesky one for me is the one crashing the game when closing it.
I restart when I leave the lobby, cuz it always says 2 players, so that´s a bit irritating.
But i think we all knew that there will be some new bugs after an update.
So it is not that big of a thing for me atm.

Overall I think it´s a cool update.
Beastmaster seems allright if ppl play him correct.

Sonic boom is a b. (b like boooooy for example - no bannerino pls -.-) , but I think it´s fine that it is like this atm.
Ppl played league for it, so they have it right away, so why shouldn´t they have some fun with it, until it gets corrections.
I don´t have it and havn´t really played both above yet... so poor - QQ.
Ofc I think that at least sonic boom needs a little tuning when an update comes, something about the sound of it for sure.
But others will be better talking about that stuff.

The new daily system... well yeah, it seems allright to me.
It´s just, I got armor of the dead from it... my third!
Also I always roll these 1 bar dailies. QQ - do you hate me?
Like, common guys, i need some s. (s. like sugar for example - no banerino pls -.-)

And I really love the party bug... :D ...man, tdm is way more fun! ... but yeah I know, not everybody is with me there.^^

So...these days I feel like you guys should hear some positiv things too.
I´m having fun... still really enjoying the game.
Thx for that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Endsequenz - touching a mouse @ room in my freetime

Roy644
19th Mar 2016, 10:37
So...these days I feel like you guys should hear some positiv things too.
I´m having fun... still really enjoying the game.
Thx for that!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Endsequenz - touching a mouse @ room in my freetime

Mmmh. I think they should hear what's wrong after delaying an update to "crush bugs" and give us this... I can't play with friends, I can't find any league matches, I lose points without playing and when I find a game, it's to get harassed by Sonic Boom lamers. Please, don't tell them it's a great update.

Endsequenz
19th Mar 2016, 11:17
Mmmh. I think they should hear what's wrong after delaying an update to "crush bugs" and give us this... I can't play with friends, I can't find any league matches, I lose points without playing and when I find a game, it's to get harassed by Sonic Boom lamers. Please, don't tell them it's a great update.
Oh dude, I think I can decide myself, what I want them to hear.
And considering this is the biggest update yet, it seems ok for the moment, yes.
I´m pretty sure it could have gotten a lot worse if they released it earlier.
A forum is for opinions, not following others.
I am not playing league atm, but I did not lost a word about that.

Btw... "I can't play with friends" ... exactly.^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
endsequenz - have no friends, that´s why I boooooy about others having the option playing together QQ

Roy644
19th Mar 2016, 12:20
Of course you can have your opinion. But saying "it could be a lot worse" isn't an argument... It's unplayable for me right now EVEN THOUGH they delayed the update.

I mean, either they knew they were releasing such a buggy version but didn't care enough to warn us, or they just didn't test anything to miss those horrible bugs and game-breaking abilities. Either way, it's really careless.

Endsequenz
19th Mar 2016, 12:35
Of course you can have your opinion. But saying "it could be a lot worse" isn't an argument... It's unplayable for me right now EVEN THOUGH they delayed the update.

I mean, either they knew they were releasing such a buggy version but didn't care enough to warn us, or they just didn't test anything to miss those horrible bugs and game-breaking abilities. Either way, it's really careless.

Sry about that then mate.
For me , as I only play in the evening and at weekend atm... had like 4 dc´s till yesterday, usually that´s what i have in month maybe.
However, i can see your point and I wasn´t saying things shouldn´t be fixed.
Just seen it worse already, so if they fix some stuff soon, it wasn´t that bad.

Dunno about teams..they might really have an issue atm, but that´s nothing I am talking about here.

Sasha_Vykos
19th Mar 2016, 12:37
That error is typically related to a ban VC++ installation. You should uninstall (not repair), your VC++ installations, and then reinstall them. That should fix the issue.

Da Wolv & Sasha,

Thank your for the fast reply! Deleting so many friends is not a viable solution to me so I guess i'll just stay without the friend list untile a fix will come. I hope this will be a high priority fix tho, party system is crucial.. ppl want to play woth friends since this is a team based game. Considering this, the league point bug, the waiting times and all the other bugs, the game is still pretty much unplayable at the moment.

kLauE187
19th Mar 2016, 13:45
Any updates on when we can use our old usernames or clantags and avatars?

Nurgor
19th Mar 2016, 15:07
Ok so is there a solution yet for the "full launcher friends list, no ingame friendslist"- problem? cause i would rly rly rly like to play with my friends/team in a group, i cant add them to the group atm tho cause of said problem... pls fix that faster than monday pls... i would prefer to get some training before esl...

Dron1508
19th Mar 2016, 15:48
Daily Challenge "Win x rounds as the Human/Vampire in TDM" counts only winning matches (not rounds) when you finish it by the mentioned side. So, if match was lost, chalenge ain't tracking, regardless of round result.

Sasha_Vykos
19th Mar 2016, 16:43
other than the friend list, the party system need to be fixed asap. Tryed to create a party for 35 mins and then gave up with game. I dont even explain what happened.. we experienced at least 7-8 different bugs about the party system.

Vampmaster
19th Mar 2016, 17:49
I've noticed one of the party issues appears to be cancelling a search in league with two party members, causes a ghost of the second player to be added. The kicked player is still shown as a party member in the overlay on th right hand side. It's probably been reported already, but I thought the specifics of what I'm seeing might be usefull.

Truckposeidon
19th Mar 2016, 22:11
Was able to play 3 games in a 4 man party yesterday. We found that if you let the daily challenges and sale stuff load in before you send an invite it works? More often than not. Although getting that fourth person in was ridiculous. If you are in a full party and back out of a lobby to re-que you are greeted with a too many party members to play this playlist. You then have to reform your party. And start the process all over. Also a restart is necessary everytime which crashes the game and freezes it.

This should not be a necessary process to play with friends. :\

Figured I would post because I didn't know if the bug when you actually are in a party had been reported.

Duflux
19th Mar 2016, 22:29
I am having similar partying issues, but as long as everyone did a fresh load of the game and accepted the invites it worked, if it bugged out we were all forced to reload to remove any ghost players. Annoying but not game breaking for eager human defenders of Nosgoth like ourselves. :)

I think Beastmaster is good btw, doesnt seem to pack much of a punch however but he's fun, Heavy Shotgun has a nice ring to it for those saying the shotgun doesnt sound right.

Sonic Boom... thats a tricky one, i love it and think it should stay as it is, not everyone abuses the ability and ive been smashed by experienced teams used to players when ive used it on a 50/50 basis. Does it need a greater sound to indicate its activation and use... yes.

So despite all the bugs and frustration (lobby waiting times and matchmaking is the worst), im still loving the game and know you guys will get all those unforeseen bugs plaguing us fixed.

Long Live Nosgoth!

mindfactoryM
20th Mar 2016, 16:36
I'd LOVE to play, but I've been match making for a league game for 1 hour 34 minutes and 48 seconds.
I agree.Even if one is getting matches done....like this its nearly impossible to climb further .U could just as good stop league.

Roy644
21st Mar 2016, 16:10
A new status update would be greatly appreciated guys !

Oghamsmith
21st Mar 2016, 17:10
Hello everyone,

We a backend update out today to address the issue whereby friends had successfully been imported into the launcher, but weren't making it into the game. Friends should now be imported successfully into both the launcher and game.

I will take this opportunity to reiterate that friends with private Steam profiles will not automatically be imported to your friends list. You should import those individuals manually.

This is very odd. When you say that you have the same issue, can you detail the issue specifically?

I recognized that I lost 4 points several times cause of quitting league lobby.
Is this gonna be fixed and restored?
I'm not entirely certain that this is 100% consistent. Honestly, I wish it worked like this all of the time.

Any updates on when we can use our old usernames or clantags and avatars?
Those are features that would be nice to bring to Nosgoth, however they're not currently on the roadmap.

Daily Challenge "Win x rounds as the Human/Vampire in TDM" counts only winning matches (not rounds) when you finish it by the mentioned side. So, if match was lost, chalenge ain't tracking, regardless of round result.
It seems like the wording may be a bit off for this. I'm investigating this now.

Vampmaster
21st Mar 2016, 17:32
I just lost points for someone else quitting and the match auto-finishing.

Roy644
21st Mar 2016, 17:56
Nice to hear about the friends thing.

What about the imaginary games in ranked ? I stopped playing ranked 24 hours after the update, I lost 5 games since then, without playing :D
Any ideas regarding this issue ?

Sirfy1
21st Mar 2016, 18:29
I've noticed that in your friends list, when your friends are in-game it only says "In Nosgoth" and never says "In Lobby" or what map or anything they're playing like it use to. Was this intentional to no longer be able to see if our friends are currently in a match or not?

I also really enjoy that tyrant skin! However, I think that would of been a better option for a league prize than a simple re-color. [Seeing as the human skins were similar and not a re-color.]
Beast master has been very fun, even to play against. Abducting, pouncing, and DMing the birds has been the best.

Any word on when we're going to get a change/nerf to Sonic Boom? It's made ranked games even more insufferable when every game is 2-3 people spamming it. [Ontop of it taking over an hour to find matches that aren't broken lobbies.]

Thanks for keeping us updated on everything, you're awesome :)

TheDreamcrusher
21st Mar 2016, 19:18
Oghamsmith,

What threads get noticed the most for suggestions? I've seen a lot of really solid ideas lately and want to make sure they get consolidated and seen by the dev team.

Equanimityjohn
21st Mar 2016, 19:41
Ranked queues are taking HOURS. The game is putting a 'ghost' player in to the parties of players (myself included) and it prevents duo queues and potentially slows the actual time for "finding more players" significantly. Not to mention whatever changes to matchmaking you said yourself the team made but absolutely did not document in the patch notes... Matchmaking has always been atrocious but now it ia particularly awful. Revert ranked to however it was pre-patch. As far as normals their matchmaking is actually far more strict than ranked and always has been, which makes no sense. I know I have VERY high normal TDM MMR and it will take me forever to find games because when I queue it searchs from the "top down" for a lobby. If it eventually finds one then, if that lobby is not full or if the MMR of ALL the players in that lobby isn't incredibly low, I'm then slowing down the process for someone to queue into our lobby by raising the lobby's MMR significantly. This system makes sense for ranked, but NOT for normal TDM.
FIZ QUEUEGOTH
FIX LOBBYGOTH

General friends list complaints definitely reiterated here.

Sonic boom needs an activation sound and a FULL cooldown. Just include it in the perk that resets cooldown on kill if you insist on shortening the cooldown. The skill is too hard to read to be even remotely spammable.

Beastmaster is amazing fun to play. I feel like all of his weapons besides the Hunter's shotgun are so restricted by spread that they're almost unusable. Add on the long(er) reload and it just seems unwise to use them. I've done in excess of 20k dmg in a round using the Hunter's shotgun and power shot / nature's fury. I am very familiar with shotguns in other games so maybe that was just an extremely lucky round but he can perform extremely well. I will say his savagery perk is a BIG part of what makes him able to do good damage. If you were to nerf or remove that he would lose a lot of his fun and fighting ability.

Endsequenz
21st Mar 2016, 20:52
Those are features that would be nice to bring to Nosgoth, however they're not currently on the roadmap.

Need that sugar dude, please.^^

vampirelucky
21st Mar 2016, 23:52
Hello everyone,

We a backend update out today to address the issue whereby friends had successfully been imported into the launcher, but weren't making it into the game. Friends should now be imported successfully into both the launcher and game.

My friends list in-game is completely empty even though I have them in the launcher.

EDIT: Just tried again and it worked.

Equanimityjohn
22nd Mar 2016, 00:00
My friends list in-game is completely empty even though I have them in the launcher.

Likewise. I can't even add new people to it in game. Simply doesn't work.

Sasha_Vykos
22nd Mar 2016, 08:11
Some news about the corrective patch? I hope u will re enable the possibility to just use steam so u will fix half of the bugs and problems

Roy644
22nd Mar 2016, 11:23
Some news about the corrective patch? I hope u will re enable the possibility to just use steam so u will fix half of the bugs and problems

Look back in the thread, bringing back custom avatars and pseudos "is not on the roadmap"... I think that means no Steam only version like before. Yeaaah

And also, I was wondering what's up with the invite system. Ok, you "fixed" it, but last night, it was impossible to invite my friends with the classical "Invite" button, but when right-clicking on the avatar and sending an invite, it worked... It was systematic, we couldn't invite each other if it wasn't for the right click "fix". This is just... WTF ?? The click on the classical button did send an invite, but upon confirmation, nothing happened.

Oh and some changes to Sonic Boom would be needed... Soon ! Thanks.

Sasha_Vykos
22nd Mar 2016, 12:44
Look back in the thread, bringing back custom avatars and pseudos "is not on the roadmap"... I think that means no Steam only version like before. Yeaaah

And also, I was wondering what's up with the invite system. Ok, you "fixed" it, but last night, it was impossible to invite my friends with the classical "Invite" button, but when right-clicking on the avatar and sending an invite, it worked... It was systematic, we couldn't invite each other if it wasn't for the right click "fix". This is just... WTF ?? The click on the classical button did send an invite, but upon confirmation, nothing happened.

Oh and some changes to Sonic Boom would be needed... Soon ! Thanks.

good news. It's always nice to make some step behind.

They didnt fix it.. I can see my friend list 1 time out of 5 and to create a party, every member need to restart several time. Same ofr the private lobbies. And im still wondering why they told us that they want to allow both the steam players and the client ones to play togheter.. it means that we should be able to access to game via steam bypassing the launcher. I got a reply from Oghamsmith about it but it wasn't clear enough for me to be honest ("We have said that we want to allow the standalone desktop launcher and Steam users to play together, yes. In order to make that possible, Steam users must use light version of the launcher in Steam.").

Roy644
22nd Mar 2016, 13:05
good news. It's always nice to make some step behind.

They didnt fix it.. I can see my friend list 1 time out of 5 and to create a party, every member need to restart several time. Same ofr the private lobbies. And im still wondering why they told us that they want to allow both the steam players and the client ones to play togheter.. it means that we should be able to access to game via steam bypassing the launcher. I got a reply from Oghamsmith about it but it wasn't clear enough for me to be honest ("We have said that we want to allow the standalone desktop launcher and Steam users to play together, yes. In order to make that possible, Steam users must use light version of the launcher in Steam.").

But... But... How is it a "light" version designed for Steam users if we automatically need a SE account and can't use our Steam account anymore ?
And at that point, it's not "Steam players vs launcher users", everyone MUST use the launcher.

It's funny how they implemented the launcher to bypass the Steam system for players that didn't want to be forced to use a Steam account and yet, they force Steam players to use their launcher and a SE account... The irony...

Sasha_Vykos
22nd Mar 2016, 13:26
But... But... How is it a "light" version designed for Steam users if we automatically need a SE account and can't use our Steam account anymore ?
And at that point, it's not "Steam players vs launcher users", everyone MUST use the launcher.

It's funny how they implemented the launcher to bypass the Steam system for players that didn't want to be forced to use a Steam account and yet, they force Steam players to use their launcher and a SE account... The irony...

this is what im wondering :/ makes no sense.

The game is an embarassing state atm.. worst than a pre alfa. I was expecting a patch yesterday or today (as devs said "early this week").

Vampmaster
22nd Mar 2016, 19:30
OK, this time a team mate quit and then I quit afterwards and still got penalised. Why no comment on this?

Roy644
22nd Mar 2016, 21:15
OK, this time a team mate quit and then I quit afterwards and still got penalised. Why no comment on this?

Oh man... I have this problem since the first ranked series ! When everyone just quit in ranked and I decide to follow them because the game is just pointless, it's 50/50. Either I get max penalty or no penalty at all. I think they had a fix for that in the beginning, but it kept happening for me.

Vampmaster
22nd Mar 2016, 21:26
Oh man... I have this problem since the first ranked series ! When everyone just quit in ranked and I decide to follow them because the game is just pointless, it's 50/50. Either I get max penalty or no penalty at all. I think they had a fix for that in the beginning, but it kept happening for me.

It only started doing that after the beastmaster patch. In fact it puts a message on the screen that it's safe to leave.

ParadoxicalOmen
22nd Mar 2016, 23:24
Anyone having infinite syncing problem?

Vampmaster
23rd Mar 2016, 11:27
Every time a match ends early whether I quit or not, points still get deduced. This is not a display issue. Oghamsmith/Psyonix_Ryan, please at least acknowledge this is happening.

Seems like the more problems the game has, the less feedback we get from the developers.
O1M6UuDSmJk