PDA

View Full Version : The most Honest Character in all of LOK ?

Power reaver
4th Jul 2002, 13:44
I remember a thread like this in the Nosgothic Realm forums , with the new poll system , I think it ll be a smash here .

Azuriel
4th Jul 2002, 16:39
Kain. he is the only person who doesn`t trick Raziel in hundreds of things, and you can see his intentions a mile away

Time Streamer
4th Jul 2002, 19:33
Kain definidently. He seeks to unravel the mess his enemies have caused.

NoobSaibot
4th Jul 2002, 20:18
I would say Kain, but I think that Janos has been the most honest. He hasn't shown any sighns, yet, of trechery to anyone.

Esoteric
4th Jul 2002, 20:19
hmmm... I am not sure anyone of us knows what Kains true intentions are. He has always held his cards close when dealing with Raziel. It could all turn out to be elaborate deception, whether or not you choose to believe what he tells Raziel is your business, but I am not willing to blithely accept everthing Kain says, simply because he says it. Kain is too clever for simple remedies and the only half the series is told from his perspective. Also, I have yet to hear Raziel lie. He has always been extremely upfront and blunt about what he thinks. Taking into consideration how his feelings change throughout the games.

err... a comment though, if we are to truly discuss the games shouldn't this be in the Blood Omen or Soul Reaver forum? LOL

Lady Kreliana
5th Jul 2002, 03:33
I said Raziel simply because he's the only character, IMHO, who has no real reason to lie to us. As far as we know, he has no hidden agendas, therefore no real reason to lie to us.

Mallinger
5th Jul 2002, 05:16
Originally posted by Lady Kreliana
I said Raziel simply because he's the only character, IMHO, who has no real reason to lie to us. As far as we know, he has no hidden agendas, therefore no real reason to lie to us. I agree with you completely. After all, Raz has been manipulated on all sides. :cool:

Rook
5th Jul 2002, 05:25
I'd say Raziel. He can't afford to be deceitful, coz he's too busy trying to make sense of everybody elses' deceit...

:D

Power reaver
5th Jul 2002, 13:22
I think Raz is most honest .

Kain - His intentions are a still a blur , his too smart , powerful , vampire to play it straight .

Janos - We have seen him in SR2 , sure he was kind , good etc , but do we know what he wants (come on , who survives a thousand years and then sacrifices himself for a person who cant be killed , there has to be something)

Vorador - He is too suspicious , at least in SR2 he was .

Sarah
5th Jul 2002, 16:35
Raziel--honest? He is constantly lying to himself: yes, he has no real reason to lie to US, his faithful watchers, but he has the typical reasons to try and delude himself(egotism, vanity, fear of the truth, etc.).
Kain, all the way--when he's being a big dummy, he lets us, and himself, know.
Oh--and my second post! WooHoo! I miss my old count, all my year's worth of posting....

Sade Lyrate
5th Jul 2002, 19:40
...yes, on both Kain & Raziel. At least SR-Kain's honest.
On the other hand, I can't imagine a moment when he'd be
frank with us about his plans, or tell 'em to us the way they are.

I'm still voting Vorador, though.
He's a character pretty much 'uninvolved' with the story of Kain
and Raz, even though he appears occasionally. He's got no reason
to really lie, either. And thus far, I don't think I've caught him lying.

...and I just happen to like him...
(Note: haven't formed opinion of BO2-Vorador yet, so this is
based on BO1 & SR2...;))

Power reaver
6th Jul 2002, 04:02
Well Raz is mislead , he his merely searching for the truth , I have yet to see him lie , he just says what he believes to be True .

Poor deluded soul :p

Vampmaster
6th Jul 2002, 10:59
I think Kain is the most honest. I think if he has something to hide, he'd just leave it out rather than make something up.

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Jul 2002, 23:15
Raz.

Serul
7th Jul 2002, 11:42
Moebius. :p :D

darien_specter
10th Jul 2002, 23:13
I have to go with Janos, as much as I love Raziel; i don't know if I'd call him dishonest, but he's defintely presumtuous. Every time he finds something else out, he's convinced that he's got the whole story figured out; just for instance, look at how he gloats over Moebius after sparing Kain, only to be duped again thereafter. Alas, poor schmendrick...

Janos? He has not lied to Raziel (yet?), and coming from his perspective, it seems that to do so would be dishonorable...

Iron Head
18th Jul 2002, 07:59
What has Vorador really lied about?

Nyriel
19th Jul 2002, 09:19
They are mostly pretty honest I think, except Moebius and Ariel. The elder god is also dishonest. Though I suppose that mainly their dishonesty is a result of being very selective about what truth they tell.

warlock
26th Jul 2002, 20:53
i say kain because he doesnt hide anything he always makes his motives quite clear to anyone ready to know them.

chuffy
26th Jul 2002, 21:04
i didn't see any one else get this. am i alone? i don't think we can really say who is telling the truth. Because we don't know enough. but when the story has been completly told it will be intresting to find out who was really helping, and who was a lying git. lol

chuffy[/color]

CyberFish
26th Jul 2002, 22:37
I voted for Vorador. Kain seems to have been pretty manipulative when dealing with Raziel. Although he didn't actually lie outright, at least not that I know of, he seemed to deliberately omit some details.

Janos, although he seemed to be extremely honest, gave me the impression of concealed deviousness. I'm certain he's hiding something, or that he knows a lot more than he lets on.

Power reaver
27th Jul 2002, 04:22
Yes , I also dont trust Janos "completely" . In SR3 , I believe he is going to be a obstruction to Raz , 1 way or the other .

L_Master562
29th Jul 2002, 21:04
that Kain and Raz would be most honest. when playing as them, we heard tidbits honestly from both and also to each other they have been most honest. Sure, Kain hasn't given the whole story to us though from the ending of Sr2, he seems to have been played the fool as had Raz. I think both have no reason to lie. Then again, truths are still still unknown in Nosgoth. We have no clue what is truely right or wrong. In the end we will, though that is some time away.