PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta Test?

Squid
4th Jul 2002, 07:41
I'm just curious... I know that T3 is a long way off, (about as long as the other sequel named T3,) and that the odds of us seeing it this year, or maybe even next year, seem to be getting slimmer as the days go by, but does anyone think that there might be an open beta test, especially to the fan communities? (This is, of course, when it's ready for beta.) I know we'd all love to get our hands on it, but would we be willing to really sit down and beta test it for them? Thoughts?

Squid

RicknMel
5th Jul 2002, 01:20
I would love to Beta T3...as would over half the taffers here, I'm sure. But I don't see it happening. I'm sure they have their "people" who do their testing for them....

...as a matter of fact, G.M. is prolly one of them. For all we know....he could be testing it right now and isn't allowed to tell us. ;)

Thorin Oakenshield
7th Jul 2002, 22:58
Originally posted by RicknMel
...as a matter of fact, G.M. is prolly one of them. For all we know....he could be testing it right now and isn't allowed to tell us. ;)

Let's find out where he lives and steal his copy :D j/k

I too would LOVE to get my dwarven mitts on a beta version. I can keep a secret ION Honest!!!:)

Komag
8th Jul 2002, 00:15
I would pass on the beta and wait for the finished product I think. If you beta you are expected to really tear through it in excrutiating detail to see where problems lie and such. That doesn't really do wonders for the immersion factor in my book, and ever after that it just isn't the same. I'd rather take my time and play a finished product and not have to be looking for bugs and crap but just enjoy the experience :)

RiCh
8th Jul 2002, 15:09
I’m with Komag, as much as I’d like to play T3 ASAP, I’d rather play the finished game than some buggy beta version. It would just take all the enjoyment out of playing the game. And since I’m looking forward to playing the game more than any other I can think of? I want the experience to be near to prefect as possible :)

blackrat
9th Jul 2002, 12:12
IMHO an open beta is a good thing:

At first there should be closed beta to get rid of the most obvious bugs and then an open beta of a nearly polished game (like Thievery).

Every one can decide to participate in an open beta or to wait for the final version. Serious beta testing is always some kind of "work"!

The main reason for this is, that I played some buggy but really great games (e.g. Outcast from Appeal, Rally Trophy) and an open beta is a way to minimize bugs to our pleasure.