PDA

View Full Version : The Glitches list

Power reaver
4th Jul 2002, 06:30
Iam makin a Glitches section on my new LOK site , it will include glitches from all the games . I think glitches are reaally fun sometimes , other times they are your worst nightmare . I want my viewers to be aware of all of this . I know a few glitches , but since I dont have all 4 games I need help . Oh yeah , you can also post those glitches that require codes etc for it to happen . The first person who posts a particular glitch will be creditted .

Umah Bloodomen
4th Jul 2002, 06:47
Hey I saw this idea before...it was on Azrael's site....called "Bugs" ;)

BO1 Glitch
Platform: PSX

When too much information is being read from the disk, the game will lag a bit. There really is no particular spot it just happens pretty much at random (mostly in areas with a lot of enemies attacking you).

So far I think this is the only bug I've encountered with BO1.

BO2 Glitch
Platform PS2

A couple of bugs here. The most apparent ones are after chapter 4 when the game begins to lag a bit. The game slows down the most around chapter 11 (The Hylden Gates) when you are fighting with the Hylden. Because of the slow downs, the Hylden seem able to get off their attacks before you can get off yours.

There is also the dialogue at the end of the game between Kain and the Sarafan Lord. The synching is completely off. TSL will speak, but you will see Kain on the screen and vice versa. It is quite humorous.

Another hilarious one is when the sarafan lord speaks, his eyes keep going out. He's trying to be all serious and before you know it, one of his glowing green eyes burns out, then comes back on, then the other one does it. I can just picture Kain offscreen trying to keep a straight face. LOL

Then theres the good one involving the Soul Reaver. When you enter the code to use it and the iron armor. Kain will have the blade positioned on his shoulder sticking out in front of him. He can take a head off if he isn't careful.

SR Glitch -
Platform PSX

Pretty much the only thing I noticed were the walls dissapearing in spots. A pretty well developed game overall.

SR2 Glitch
Platform: PS2

The Dark Forge Curse. Once you enter and complete the dark forge puzzle and go to leave the forge, sometimes the door will lock. Whats funny is the door completely reverses itself and turns upside down. This is due to you scaring Vorador's birds that are perched just outside the forges door.

Hope this is a good start Power Reaver...if I think of any more I will pass them along your way.

Power reaver
4th Jul 2002, 06:54
Thats an excellent start Umah . Thanks , you ll definately find your name on my site .

BTW There are a few more glitches in SR , 1 is near the Sarafans Tomb and the other is while you use a code . But I ll keep both of them hush hush for now .

royalmarine1980
4th Jul 2002, 10:18
I have SR1 for dreamcast, but I don't remember coming across any glitches in it.

warpsavant
5th Jul 2002, 19:58
I have experienced the GREATEST GLITCH IN LOK HISTORY

While trying to mimic some of Blincs accomplishments for the PC version of SR for the PSX, I used the flight code and S.A.W. and entered the the Human Citadel.

There is a water tower, you are supposed to shoot the barrier and swim up the tower.

I forgot I could shoot the barrier, and I phased thru it, and shifted at will on the other side. The game seemd to bug out a little bit at this point. Not sure why.

So I swam up the tube their, and the next thing I know I turned into a RAHABIM VAMPIRE!!!

I swam around as a Rahab vampire for a little while and the game crashed.

The next thing I kknow, Lmaster and Blinc are like you POSSESSED PEOPLE!! I was like WTF, all I did was go backwards thru the tower and the thing bugged out I became a Rahabim.

Anyway, to DATE, I have yet to hear of this EVER happening to anyone else, ever. But it was totally cool everyone was saying I possessed people and like 50 peolpe wanted the so called "Possession" code. LOL

It was pretty cool I guess you had to be there. :rolleyes:

blincoln
5th Jul 2002, 20:57
I had to add a disclaimer on my site because people were emailing me about that too =).

warpsavant
5th Jul 2002, 21:10
What's amazing is that has never happened to anyone ever before.

I completely forgot I could shoot projectiles underwater. SR2 should have projectiles underwater.

Speaking of SR2, if you are in the Spectral Realm underwater, and you shift to the material realm, while shifting press and hold R2 and shoot projectiles. If done correctly you can stand underwater and shoot projectiles at the fish.

Power reaver
6th Jul 2002, 03:50
Wow , cool , it is it possible in the PC version too ?

I ll try to use some codes and try to redo it .

Embla
8th Jul 2002, 08:41
Here is a glitch I haven`t seen mentioned before.

In the beginning of the game, when you are about to exit the Sarafan Stronghold; Instead of jumping down into the water below, head back to the room with Williams coffin and the Reaver.

The door is locked, but it is possible to walk straight through it. There you see that someone have placed the Reaver nicely back on top of Williams coffin.(I wonder who. Maybe Mobius?). But it is not possible to pick it up!:(

This glitch is for the PS2, PAL version. I wonder if it is possible in the NTSC version aswell. It would be nice if someone would give it a try.:)

warpsavant
8th Jul 2002, 17:41
After the cutscene before he jumps into the water or before?

Embla
8th Jul 2002, 23:13
I played through it again right now, trying to figure out when this glitch first occurres.
After the cutcsene where Raziel comments on his statue, and the paintings of his Sarafan brothers, if you head back to Williams chapel, you can walk straight through the door.
This glitch isn`t only happening occationally, it happens each time you try.:D

WolfBlade
10th Jul 2002, 19:21
Well ive got a pc and well in the swamp I was at the save point then I noticed that if you look around at that area you will see a cliff that is in jumpable hieght so I did what anyone else would do I explored it. The next thing I know is that Im in a world of nothing, free falling for an eternity, only able to spin Raziel around, unable to jump out, all there was was Raziel and white.:confused:

Also I heard from a friend that if you are in the fire forge you can actually fly on the air deals without there bieng air and its a glitch cause the game also kinda wierded out when he was trying to finish the forge level but Im not totaly sure what it does.:(

Also in Blood Omen (the first one) If you get too close to some stuff then you might not be able to hit it and it not able to really even hit you. :confused:

Also in the first one if you use a heart of darkness while surrounded or you are feeding and get killed before the blood fills you up then you will be able to walk around invicible and kill whoever is attacking you and feed before you get revitalized by the heart of darkness and then you are blinking and invicible at that time too so you can kill lotsa people like that.;)

This one is also from BO1 I was fighting bane the druid and dejoule the energist when I beat bane I walked across the water in mist form and walked to the top of the area cause it was my first time fighting her then I tried attaking the energy shield balls that surround her with my weapon then I acidentally got caught between her balls and the trees. EVERY time that I died I was reserected with heart of darkness and IMMEDIATELY died even though I was supposed to be temporarily invincible. I had 87 hearts and before too long I was up getting a soda from the fridge then I sat back down and presed esc then I quit and reloaded.:D

Then in BO2 if you save at a save point then you go and kill everyone and either kill kain or restart it then you can get lore easily that way but be warned for if you do do that too much then you might fill your lore bar up too far then you are screwed cause you have as much life now as you did when you started the game. THATS NOT EVEN ONE HIT FROM ANYTHING.:(

KainSyndrome101
14th Jul 2002, 17:03
There is also the dialogue at the end of the game between Kain and the Sarafan Lord. The synching is completely off. TSL will speak, but you will see Kain on the screen and vice versa. It is quite humorous.

Actually, it's not only the voices, but the whole cutscene itself. All audio in that cutscene is at least six seconds behind. I have encountered this glitch in the PS2 version, and can never get around it, no matter what. Another glitch with the same problem is right before you enter the Hylden City, when the Sarafan Lord shows up. But this time the audio is about 2 seconds ahead.

Do you know if these glitches appear in the XBox version?

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2002, 00:50
From what Willow described, the XBox version is flawless.

Embla
15th Jul 2002, 01:19
This has not ocurred in my PS2 version either.(PAL version)

KainSyndrome101
15th Jul 2002, 04:46
Cool, since I'm planning on getting it for XBox, even though I've already beaten it a couple of times on my PS2.

warlock
26th Jul 2002, 08:52
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Power reaver
[B]Iam makin a Glitches section on my new LOK site , it will include glitches from all the games . I think glitches are reaally fun sometimes , other times they are your worst nightmare . I want my viewers to be aware of all of this . I know a few glitches , but since I dont have all 4 games I need help . Oh yeah , you can also post those glitches that require codes etc for it to happen . The first person who posts a particular glitch will be creditted .

Hey i visited your site and i'm impressed if you need any ideas i can share a thing or two,well done reaver!!!

Power reaver
26th Jul 2002, 14:47
Thanks , but you have gone to www.powerkid.20megsfree.com right ?

That was my 1st site , the main purpose was for it to be a host to my sig pic (which I cant use right now) , it gradually evolved into the site before you .

Iam making a new site , 1 which is totally LOK . Its called LOK Universe and Its preety much in its early stages , it will take quite some time to release .

The web address is

www.lok.9cy.com

This one will be much better than Powerkid , cause I have many more options now and I can do alot more things .

Although like I said , its in very early stages of development so dont hold your breath for it to release .

warlock
26th Jul 2002, 19:59
i'm holding i just hope i dont suffercate before it comes out but i probarly will when it comes out any way cos i'm sure it will be the bomb!!

warpsavant
26th Jul 2002, 20:37
I did that glitch that Embla described on PS2 NTSC. it worked. I couldnt believe it. I couldnt pick up the sword though. But it was real cool popping thru the door. LOL

CyberFish
29th Jul 2002, 22:42
The Soul Reaver / Iron Armour cheat on Blood Omen 2 has a glitch. Get killed while not in combat mode, and when you respawn the Reaver is invisible. Very funny. Especially if you get a weapon enhancement chest while holding the invisible reaver. Kain with a lightsabre, anyone?

Oh, and I found a wierd glitch in SR1. Shift from Spectral to Material while underwater, and jump before the shift animation finishes, and Raziel floats upwards. He carries on floating upwards even when he gets out of the water. To tell the truth, this only happened to me once, so it could have been a fluke. I can't remember how I got him to stop floating. I'll reinstall SR1 and try this again.

Embla
4th Aug 2002, 08:30
Great warpsavant, thanks for trying it out. Now I wonder if this is possible in the PC version aswell.

CyberFish
13th Aug 2002, 22:37
Ahh. Went back to Soul Reaver, and finally got the glitch to work. You need a portal in a pool of water with an area of air above it. The pool in the Fire Glyph area is ideal. Alternatively, you could use shift-at-will. Shift from Spectral to Material, and press the jump key so Raziel jumps the split second the shift animation finishes. It has to be a full size jump, though, not one of those pathetic little hops from just tapping the jump key. Then glide. Raziel gets frozen with his arms in a crucifix position, and drifts upwards. He continues floating until he hits something solid. If you hit the sky texture, he just drifts into an empty grey void. If I knew how to take screenshots, I could show you what the Fire Glyph looks like from the outside :)