PDA

View Full Version : That funky alphabet in the first Blood Omen

Mallinger
4th Jul 2002, 06:03
I found the bloodscript that is supposed to contain the alphabet so you can decipher just what the tombstones say but I don't understand the aphabet. Can someone help me? :cool: :confused:

Ardeth Silvereni
4th Jul 2002, 11:44
I've translated the Blood Script as far as I think is possible. Ten of the gravestones have the names of people that worked on the game, the other four appeared to be meaningless.

A full translation of the Blood Script is available on this page of my website:

http://www.darkchronicle.co.uk/archive/bobloodscript.html

chuffy
5th Jul 2002, 18:39
near dark eden theres a gate to the east that only opens at the full moon and you only find this out if you use the bloodscript to work out the BO alphabet. its worth it because inside the gate is the lightening spell. very powerful
dont know if everyone knew or not but just incase

chuffy

Mallinger
6th Jul 2002, 02:59
Thanks alot Ardeth. That really cleared things up for me. :cool:

Reaper007
11th Jul 2002, 18:42
would ir be possible to turn that into a real font to be used in text editors????

Reaper007

JimZero
20th Jul 2002, 14:48
If you want the font you are free to go nuts making it. All you need is a font creation program. You can find one at the link below:
http://www.high-logic.com/fcp.html

Be sure to post it if you do.

Sean567012
20th Jul 2002, 18:51
I dont know if you've noticed but the font creator dosent work, it says you can use sharewear, but it will only give you the options of exiting or regestering for it.

Binky
20th Jul 2002, 18:54
Hmm. You DO know that this "funky alphabet" is almost the same as the futhark? And even more almost the same as Tolkien's runes (not those in the LotR appendices, but those in the "Hobbit" maps?)... perhaps you might try some Tolkien fan sites?

Azuriel
20th Jul 2002, 19:27
how about re-writing an existing font. example: Arial. replace all the letters and stuff with runes.

can that be done? won`t that be easier?

Ardeth Silvereni
20th Jul 2002, 21:06
I second Binky. I used a font I downloaded to create most of that page. I only modified the .jpgs afterwards to make the I's, S's and U's correct for Blood Script.

Have a search for 'futhark font' on Google or another search engine. I'm not sure exactly which font I used, but hopefully you'll find something suitable.