PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day!

Emma
4th Jul 2002, 04:19
Just want to wish all the Americans here a happy Independence day. I know that this year a lot of people aren't going to celebrate for the obvious reason, but I hope that you all have a great day none the less. :)

AmO
4th Jul 2002, 05:48
and i would like to be the first one to thank-you for your kind thoughtfulness...:)

Rose662
4th Jul 2002, 05:53
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful wishes, Emma. :)

LARAMANIAC
4th Jul 2002, 15:24
Yeah I hope you all have a good 4th July, really throw a party just to show them your spirit hasn't been broken!!!!:p

God Bless You All America!!!

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 15:58
On the news, I keep hearing how this year, the Fourth (I need to remember that's today!!) will have much more of a meaning to the US than in any other year.

Truthfully, I don't think it will. To me it will, obviously because of 9/11, but also because my sister's fiancee is in the military (we think he's over in the Middle East or Afghanistan right now). So I can appreciate, on a personal level, how much is/was at stake in wars, and the cost that freedom has come at.

I got a little off track there. When I say that to much of the country it won't have more of a meaning, I meant to say this. The day after the attack on NY and Washington, I saw so many people who really could have cared less. They're reason, it doesn't personally affect me, so why should I worry about it? They didn't care then, so they won't care now. I honestly think today will have more of a meaning for only a small portion of the country. As sad as that is........

CyCro
4th Jul 2002, 17:02
Yeah, we learn to appreciate a thing when we lose it or when its threatened. Thank America for being one of the most persistent democracy and freedom keepers.

Happy Independence Day! :)

infinite_sadness
4th Jul 2002, 17:55
thank America for what?
George Bush??? i hope not....

RaiderGrl
4th Jul 2002, 18:20
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U. S.A. !!! :cool:

ShAdYs_BaBy
4th Jul 2002, 19:46
WHEEEE!!! I'm freeeee!! * runs outside*

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 20:12
Just a random question, who do you think would have been the better President??

Al Gore, Bush, or Ralph Nader (was it the last election he ran in?) lol

CyCro
4th Jul 2002, 21:17
Don't turn this into a political fight, they'll close the thread. I said what I thank Amerika for. It's their President, so I have to respect their choise. BTW, I like Bush and his policy.

Les Effant Terrible
4th Jul 2002, 21:27
Hey! Bush is cool! I"m a republican baby! But hey lets not get into political discussions right now! The point is Americans rock! Osama is probably dead and Bush hasn't led the world to destruction so back off! We're all apart of the same nation (unless you want to start the second civil war) But forget all that! We rock! God bless America!! Can I hear an "Amen?""

http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/l/c/lchaplin/unkarock/usflagwav.gif

CyCro
4th Jul 2002, 22:51
Amen! Even if Osama is alive, he is going to wish he were dead soon, I hope!

MountainDewNut
5th Jul 2002, 00:07
Happy fourth of July!

John Carter
5th Jul 2002, 00:19
Originally posted by Emma
Just want to wish all the Americans here a happy Independence day. I know that this year a lot of people aren't going to celebrate for the obvious reason, but I hope that you all have a great day none the less. :)

Why thank you, Emma! And not to worry, we ARE celebrating, time to go down into town for the fireworks now.

Aquarius
5th Jul 2002, 02:38
Where I live at, it's really creepy right now. My city is in the middle of 4 other rather large cities, each with it's own fireworks tonight. It seriously sounds and looks like a warzone here. A lot of the fireworks have incredibly loud booms. There was one awhile ago that shook the house a little. Smaller ones sound like rapid gun fire, and of course the flashes look like gunfire. It's kind of scary right now! :eek:

Chronicles5
5th Jul 2002, 02:44
Happy fourth of July everyone!!! :D I still have an hour left of July 4th here in Mass!! :D

OuTR
5th Jul 2002, 03:07
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA !!

*m*
5th Jul 2002, 16:42
Better late than never! Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July!

rocconorth
6th Jul 2002, 07:54
Originally posted by infinite_sadness
thank America for what?
George Bush??? i hope not....

Sorry to say this, but **********. Permit us a little patriotism. Unbelievable!

[edit: lets keep these kind of personal remarks off the forum, mkay?]

Driber
6th Jul 2002, 10:04
Originally posted by CyCro
Don't turn this into a political fight, they'll close the thread.

indeed

lets keep it on topic

rocconorth
6th Jul 2002, 11:01
You're right. Accept my apologies, but sometimes certain things just get to you.