PDA

View Full Version : Soul Reaver 3 - PS2 or PS3?

KainSyndrome101
4th Jul 2002, 03:20
If you could choose, which game console would you want SR3 to appear on: PS2, or PS3, which will come out at around 2005.

If they could make it work on PS3, then I would wait for it.

blincoln
4th Jul 2002, 04:18
Since it's already under development, I can just about guarantee that it's going to be on the PS2, which is my preference anyway. SR4 can be on the PS3 =).

Nybis
4th Jul 2002, 08:22
As long as it's for PC aswell I'll be happy.
I still have no intention of spending alot of money on a console when PC is so much better.

Rook
4th Jul 2002, 09:36
I bought my PS2 with the LoK series in mind. I shall be grievously vexed if the next installment of my beloved Soul Reaver should appear on yet another ultra-expensive console.

:D

KainSyndrome101
4th Jul 2002, 16:26
The PC version isn't much better, just slightly better graphics. The control shceme is much better on the PS2 controller than a keyboard.

blincoln
4th Jul 2002, 18:34
That's why I have a PSX Dual Shock-style controller for my PC =). The PC versions can have higher-res graphics, but the PS2 versions of both SR2 and BO2 have more snazzy visual effects. That's part of the reason I get both of them.

KainSyndrome101
4th Jul 2002, 20:12
That's pretty cool blincoln.

Oh, and by the way, do you have an XBox? If you do, do you have the PS2 controller adapter for it? If you do, does it work? If it does, tell me.

Azuriel
4th Jul 2002, 22:13
Originally posted by Nybis
As long as it's for PC aswell I'll be happy.
I still have no intention of spending alot of money on a console when PC is so much better.

AMEN!

Lady Kreliana
5th Jul 2002, 01:02
I don't want to have to go out and buy another game system for SR3. I'm not saying I wouldn't, I just don't want to have to. :)

Vampmaster
5th Jul 2002, 18:28
I've heard PS3 isn't out until at least 2005 and any sooner is just rumours. There's now way I'm waiting that long.

blincoln
5th Jul 2002, 18:45
I don't have an XBox yet... it's on my list of stuff to pick up, but I have some other things I need to buy first. Personally I wouldn't trust controller adapters, especially since the XBox has those dual analogue triggers that you couldn't properly emulate with a PS2 controller. I actually like the XBox controller anyway, although right up until I tried using it I thought it looked ridiculous.

Jeffers
5th Jul 2002, 21:45
I think it should be on the PS2, meaning they can get most of the game done, without switching developemnt at a late stage meaning we a good game which is not going to cost most of us a lot more money then just the game itself.

Jeffers.

NosgothicGod
8th Jul 2002, 03:42
for my sanity i truly hope that it is on the PS2 cause if it wasn't i would go crazy.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2002, 03:42
Originally posted by blincoln
I don't have an XBox yet... it's on my list of stuff to pick up, but I have some other things I need to buy first. Personally I wouldn't trust controller adapters, especially since the XBox has those dual analogue triggers that you couldn't properly emulate with a PS2 controller. I actually like the XBox controller anyway, although right up until I tried using it I thought it looked ridiculous.

Pick me up one too while you're out. And don't forget the Gamecube this time. :p

Nyriel
8th Jul 2002, 17:16
I would have to say the PS2 - the alternative being having to wait soooo long until the PS3 comes out.. nah, doesn't bear thinking about.

willow
9th Jul 2002, 02:22
Well I'd rather it be on PS2 as it's already in production like blinc said. We all know what happens when there's a platform switch in mid production... lots o cuts... and a rushed game because Eidos wants to push it out the door.

A half finish painting if you will.

p.s.- blinc, SR4? I kinda hope they end the SR series with 3... if not... than 4 better be a killer game otherwise I'll explode... and nobody wants that.