PDA

View Full Version : Favourite vehicle

V_Croft
3rd Jul 2002, 18:57
So, what's your favourite vehicle?

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 19:04
Mine would have to be the Quad-bike. I just liked it a lot more than the others. Especially when it blew up in the water! :D

Kurtis Trent
3rd Jul 2002, 19:33
mine would have to be the jeep in tr 4. I loved makin that thing fall down those cliffs. lol:D

eTux
3rd Jul 2002, 19:44
I couldn't decide between the TR2 snowbike and TR3 kayak. It was so fun to fight the currents in Madubu gorge, but I enjoyed the Snowbike run to the last, so I voted for it :D

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 21:12
My favorite vehicle would have to be the quad bike.

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 21:13
I loved the quad bike. It was so much fun to ride!

LARAMANIAC
3rd Jul 2002, 21:32
I loved the quad bike best for the exact same reasons as Aquarius!!!:p

Chronicles5
3rd Jul 2002, 22:18
I loved paddling along those pretty scenes in Mudubu Gorge with the kayak..but I like the quad bike more :D

Collin
3rd Jul 2002, 22:19
I would have to say the boat in the Venice level. Man, I just loved the solution of that puzzle! :)

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 22:41
I hate the boat in Venice. lol

First time I ever played TR2, it took me an entire day before I realized I could get the first boat into the second area of Venice. :p I kept trying to jump of out the boat b4 the mines exploded, and then swim really fast to make it in the doors b4 they closed. :D Never going to be able to live that down. :o

Collin
3rd Jul 2002, 22:48
Well this puzzle took a week (or maybe two). I find it so hard! But I solved it on my own, and I've grown to love it. :D

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 22:51
It's okay, but it's just not my favorite puzzle, after that incedent. lol

I still love the Venice levels though, but not the parts with the boat. :D I love the music on that level too!! It's the best one ever!

Sang
5th Jul 2002, 03:54
I like the bike (with side car), it got good animations! When Lara breaks real hard, the bike hops and side-skids just like the real thing! I kept making Lara back-up the bike with her feet, looks so cute! If you put it in her home level, it could go every where, climbing up stairway, down the basement.. into every rooms.. Yeah! The motorbike is my favorite!

Shelly Raider
5th Jul 2002, 11:03
I love the motorcycle in TRLR because I am a total motorcycle nut and I sware when I head about it being in the game I was tempted to use cheats to skip to the level it was in lol

V_Croft
5th Jul 2002, 11:29
I guess my favourite is the Kayak !
lol-I liked it a lot!

Tony The Loon
5th Jul 2002, 16:15
I finally decided upon the Venice boat in TR2. But they were all loads of fun.

cjhilljack
5th Jul 2002, 23:07
Another tough choice - I ended up voting for the motorcyle from TRLR, but I also really loved the boat in TR2 & the snowmobile in TR2...I think I have problems choosing on all the polls, either Lara just uses too much cool stuff or I am just wishy washy! Hmmmmm...:rolleyes:

OuTR
6th Jul 2002, 05:38
The snowmobile was great! Especially the enemies snowmobile.. great to blast the crap out of the enemies. :D

corseque
6th Jul 2002, 07:05
Being a Land Rover fan my choice is obvious.

Niku'a
6th Jul 2002, 12:09
The jetski !!!

:D

Lil Lara
6th Jul 2002, 19:40
Originally posted by cjhilljack
I think I have problems choosing on all the polls, either Lara just uses too much cool stuff or I am just wishy washy! Hmmmmm...:rolleyes:

Hehe.. I think Lara just uses really cool stuf, as you put it, 'cause I've had hard times deciding on these polls as well....:p

LarzBritsh
7th Jul 2002, 03:20
I love the snowmobile, you can shoot with it, and you can get run down by it.

Fun is zipping around on the snowmobile in TR2.

AOD510123
7th Jul 2002, 05:56
I liked the quad bike. It justs looks so cool.

cjhilljack
7th Jul 2002, 16:38
Originally posted by Aquarius
I hate the boat in Venice. lol

First time I ever played TR2, it took me an entire day before I realized I could get the first boat into the second area of Venice. :p I kept trying to jump of out the boat b4 the mines exploded, and then swim really fast to make it in the doors b4 they closed. :D Never going to be able to live that down. :o

LOL! I did the same thing until my friend, who had already played it filled me in! :rolleyes:

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 19:41
I kind of liked this puzzle with the boat. But I didn't know I had to get the first boat into the second area, etc. When I realised it I had to go back and bring it over, and then it was time for the timed puzzle... :p

Godfather
7th Jul 2002, 20:16
When I'm thinking of Lara Croft, I see her in a Jeep racing against 100 miles per hour on a freeway with some ear-deafening rock-music (such as Billy Idol with "Speed" (from the movie Speed), Dire Straits with "Money for nothing" or Guns 'n roses with "You could be mine".

I also disagree with Lara's taste in music. I know for a fact that she's a ROCK-fanatic rather than listening to U2 or Nine Inch Nails. She would like dance music too, but she's a true rock-fanatic!! That makes her only even more sexy!! :cool: :cool: ;)

cjhilljack
8th Jul 2002, 17:16
Originally posted by Godfather
When I'm thinking of Lara Croft, I see her in a Jeep racing against 100 miles per hour on a freeway with some ear-deafening rock-music (such as Billy Idol with "Speed" (from the movie Speed), Dire Straits with "Money for nothing" or Guns 'n roses with "You could be mine".

I also disagree with Lara's taste in music. I know for a fact that she's a ROCK-fanatic rather than listening to U2 or Nine Inch Nails. She would like dance music too, but she's a true rock-fanatic!! That makes her only even more sexy!! :cool: :cool: ;)

Ah, but Nine Inch Nails is rock...and that song "Deep" that they wrote for the movie is awesome - raw, sexy with a good pounding rythym - how can you beat that? I have to admit though, that every time I hear Tool's "Schism" I think of LC & the movie - it would have made a great theme song for it. I also have to say that I don't think the techno stuff from the soundtrack speaks Lara to me although it certainly speaks of Bryce - but then, he isn't the star of the story, is he?

TechImmortal
26th Jul 2002, 06:42
Being a James Bond fan, the solution to the boat in Venice seemed obvious to me (please don't take that badly, I would not have thought of it if it weren't for Live and Let Die) and it was a lot of fun.

I also loved the snowmobile.

But as with so many others here, the quad bike is my personal favorite.

V_Croft
26th Jul 2002, 08:20
Being a James Bond fan, the solution to the boat in Venice seemed obvious to me

Oh, I see... You're talking about "The world is not enough", aren't you?
I'm a James Bond fan, too. :p

Joanne Croft
26th Jul 2002, 09:45
I really liked the quad bike. It was something different than the usual vehicles we know ;)

TechImmortal
27th Jul 2002, 12:53
Originally posted by V_Croft

Oh, I see... You're talking about "The world is not enough", aren't you?
I'm a James Bond fan, too. :p

No, because The World is Not Enough came out after the TR game in question. Unless my poor brain is sadly confused.

But I do mean Live and Let Die, because they jumped those speedboats over things and slid them along land, and that's what I was thinking of.

V_Croft
27th Jul 2002, 13:51
Yeap, it came after TRII, indeed, but I mentioned The world is not enough because I guessed you've seen the film and played TRII up to now...

TechImmortal
29th Jul 2002, 07:29
Good guess, but I bought and played TRII the instant it came out, and so had to solve that puzzle without benefit of The World is Not Enough :D

Mr Croft
2nd Aug 2002, 05:00
couldnt decide between the quad bike, snwmobile, or the venice boat, but in the end i picked the 4 wheeler, i didnt know there was a kayak, i only have the africa version of 3:rolleyes:

Kanji
5th Aug 2002, 02:40
the mine cars in RX tech mines. That was just such an outrageous rip-off of the Indy Jones story (Temple of Doom) that it made me laugh... then groan as I flipped out at a slow corner or crashed by going to slowly at a jump. I loved the "thunk" sound when she hits the points changer with her spanner :D

Tantalus
7th Aug 2002, 18:26
Originally posted by V_Croft
So, what's your favourite vehicle?

You forgot to add one vehicle in your poll!:p

V_Croft
8th Aug 2002, 07:28
@Tantalus: Which one? If it's from TR1... well, I haven't played it...
:p