PDA

View Full Version : The Number One Problem with Beastmaster

Dracu-up
15th Mar 2016, 22:52
His lighting spell is sharing sound effects with what I think is a Prophet spell.

Please give it a unique sound, so you can tell what's happening, on both the receiving and giving end.

Besides that, he fit into the game well enough so far. I was expecting a total vampire destruction machine, though he is actually fairly balanced.

ParadoxicalOmen
16th Mar 2016, 03:00
Agreed...
Hopefully this was a mistake, or result of rushing the update, and not the final sound effect for Lightning.

Dracu-up
16th Mar 2016, 03:06
It's also showing the same effect as the prophet spell. A nice lighting effect would help provide an indicator in game, and that is an important aspect of keeping track of who is attacking and from what direction.

A nice crackling sound, or a thunder clap would be fantastic. Maybe some light static effect applied to the models that have chained the lightening.

Another nit pick, is the 3 stripes of purple colored fur on the back of the vanilla Beastmaster skin.

It looks off, a grey or brown tone seems like it would be more fitting.

Phobophobian
16th Mar 2016, 16:14
I agree 100%. It needs its own sounds.
Also, the wing flapping sounds for BM's bird form should be different than Sentinel's wing flapping sounds. It's hella confusing for humans to tell if it's their teammate or an enemy Sentinel flying near. It can be as easy as just taking the same wing flapping sound for Sentinel and make the pitch a little bit higher for Beastmaster's bird flying sounds (smaller wings).

Dracu-up
16th Mar 2016, 16:24
I agree 100%. It needs its own sounds.
Also, the wing flapping sounds for BM's bird form should be different than Sentinel's wing flapping sounds. It's hella confusing for humans to tell if it's their teammate or an enemy Sentinel flying near. It can be as easy as just taking the same wing flapping sound for Sentinel and make the pitch a little bit higher for Beastmaster's bird flying sounds (smaller wings).

I would agree that the raptor would also benefit from its own flight sounds.

The occasional raptor cry helps differentiate between sentinels and treshawk somewhat - though every ability should have its own unique sound / visual.

It's important in a team based game, when you need to know who you are fighting to be most effective in countering- be it attacking or retreating

Wilford_Norton
16th Mar 2016, 17:10
I'd say that the main problem with him is that he's shotguns doesnt have any stopping power. Aclhemist with her multicannon can stop fully charged attack of almost any vampire. Shotguns should do this as well. And omg the sound for them is just so stupid they should "BOOM" instead of this... abomination. They sound even weaker than flintlock prophet's pistols

Wolf_the_Legend
16th Mar 2016, 18:28
I was expecting a total vampire destruction machine, though he is actually fairly balanced.

dont know about that ... played so far 2 matches with him and it felt like u miss a lot of shots that should have hit the target ... they should remove the randomness from the shotguns, like the 6-10 bullets that fly out of it ... it should fire something that looks like this:

... with a range like 10 m to 25 m (tweek the numbers^^, but the range seems far to low atm or dmg fall off to high ... whatever)

I watchted a lot of stremers playing with or against the beastmaster(s) ... the human offten lost something like 4 : 30 ^^ ... not rly balanced imo

EDIT: or instead of having 6 times 35 dmg make it 35 times 6 dmg ... to spread the luck a lil more ... at least I would hope for that effect^^

EDIT2: also the grenade of the BM travels by far to slow .... it looks like its actually flying instead of falling^^

EDIT3: 2/3 of the dmg should go close to the center of the shot, instead of spreading it even over the cone.

this would look something like this:

lucinvampire
17th Mar 2016, 13:16
His lighting spell is sharing sound effects with what I think is a Prophet spell.

Yeah poor Beastmaster...he could do with a more lightningy sounding lightning.

Duflux
18th Mar 2016, 16:57
The chain lighting should look alot better too, have actial lighting flicking between friends and foe, not a simple glowing light.

Ygdrasel
18th Mar 2016, 18:27
The chain lighting should look alot better too, have actial lighting flicking between friends and foe, not a simple glowing light.

...It's not lightning? Yikes...