PDA

View Full Version : RicknMel - Dewdrop is a dud!

littlek
3rd Jul 2002, 17:23
OK Rick, I am in Trail of Blood and did everything that you said to do in your website, which is by the way marvelous. As I was running to keep my head on my shoulders, or I suppose Garrett's head, I heard the little girl repeat that Dewdrop hated the mechanists so I stopped, dodged the blades of the mechanists for awhile, but Dewdrop did not come to the rescue. I got skewered. I'm about ready to dive through the portal and give Dewy to the monkey men to play with. I have the patched version. Any ideas?

Whatz His Name
3rd Jul 2002, 18:24
Encourage Dewdrop with the tip of a fire arrow. :D

Vanguard
3rd Jul 2002, 19:11
I think I only got DewDrop to work once. To get DewDrop to daze the Mechanists (much like a flashbomb), I think you have to "use" it (i.e., toss it up into the air). Considering Garrett can run faster than the Mechanists and there is a handy river to jump into or over to lose them, I found DewDrop more a liability than an as<I></i>set.

littlek
3rd Jul 2002, 20:07
Whatzhisname, Do you think Dewy is worth a fire arrow? :D

Vanguard, I threw Dewy to them, at them, by them, below them, but he must think I am not worthy.

Ah well, off to visit those plants with the eyes - I hate being watched by them. ;)

RicknMel
3rd Jul 2002, 21:07
littlek....you don't "use" Dewdrop in any way. You just have to have him in your inventory, and (I think) selected. If you got the "voice message" to play, it should have worked. :confused:

But you definatly don't need to "use" Dewdrop in any way.

btw..He only does it for like 5 seconds....so you need to turn around as soon as you hear the voice to see him in action. Thats one of the reasons for me not having any real good screenies. You don't have much time to take them.

Don't give up now...you're almost there! Good luck! :)

btw..thanks for the compliment. :)

BrokenArts
3rd Jul 2002, 21:29
I need to get on the trail again.......Happy trails of blood, until we blow up again!!! Happy trials of blood, until we meet AGAIN!!! Oh man........time to leave.....going now.....:o
Marathon thief session, here I come....:D

ChowYunFat
3rd Jul 2002, 21:41
I tried this on my last playthrough of T2 & it worked for me fine. Dewdrop functions more or less like a flashbomb so if people are having trouble getting her to work, maybe you're too far away or are out of line of sight of the Mechanists.

Shooting her with a fire arrow is mean. I think it would be more fun to tie her to the end of a broadhead & shoot her into the Maw of Chaos.

Thorin Oakenshield
3rd Jul 2002, 22:47
I thought this post was about the Taffer formerly known as Apache, Now re-named Apache:D :rolleyes:

Gumdrop
3rd Jul 2002, 23:11
Would that be the Apache that was formerly known as Dewfreak - who was formerly known as Dewfeak - who was formerly known as...? :D

theBlackman
4th Jul 2002, 03:21
Dewdrop works if you expose yourself to 2 or more Hammers. I don't think he works with only one, and you have to be threatened by the Hammers.

ChowYunFat
4th Jul 2002, 03:42
Originally posted by theBlackman
Dewdrop works if you expose yourself to 2 or more Hammers.

Oh dear--there's a quick ticket to Cragscleft. And just what is Dewdrop doing while you're exposing yourself?

stikboy
4th Jul 2002, 05:12
I tried exposing myself to the Hammers, but I didn't see any around. The Mechanists had a good laugh though :D

Peter_Smith
4th Jul 2002, 06:59
Sorry, Littlek, Dewdrop definitely works.:) I wrote detailed instructions about 15 months ago. Rick has similar instructions on his web site. Here it is again from my memory. This procedure is completely reproducible.

You get Dewdrop in your inventory.

You run around the outside of a building near the pumkin patch (or maybe the next building over, but on the same side of the river). In that run you will find one mechanist on patrol, and you get him to chase you.

When he is chasing you around the building, you find the entrance on the front of the building and run inside. There is another mechanist inside the building. He also starts to chase you.

You run outside the building. Now you have two mechanists closely on your tail.

Very soon after the above, when you are outside the building near the front door, Dewdrop takes off on her own and the mechanists are blinded by dewdrop's light (although there is not a flash like a flashbomb). I took screen shots of this. The best one is below. Both of the mechanists, at this point, are stopped dead in their tracks.

http://www.mindspring.com/~smithpd/thief/dewdrop1_adj.jpg

:D

You don't have do do anything with Dewdrop. This response is automatic. All you need to do is get two (or maybe more) mechanists in close pursuit. One will not work.

EDIT - I don't remember whether or not Dewdrop must be selected, i.e., in the forefront of the inventory. Get it to work one way, try it the other, and report back.:)

littlek
4th Jul 2002, 15:34
Thanks all - finally got Dewdrop to work. But when I went to whack the blinded mechanist, he had on a iron helmet. :mad:

Keeper Collins
4th Jul 2002, 20:28
Don't worry, I could'nt get Dewdrop to mork either.

littlek
5th Jul 2002, 19:16
Keeper - What worked for me was after you get all the baddies chasing you around, you should hear the little girl tell you that Dewdrop does not like the mechanists. As soon as you hear that, stop fleeing for your life and turn around. You should see a red glow above the baddies and they are blinded. Then run in for the whack - just don't hit 'ol iron head and take out the archer first (I figured that out the hard way).

RicknMel
5th Jul 2002, 19:30
Originally posted by Keeper Collins
Don't worry, I could'nt get Dewdrop to mork either.

Mork as in Mork & Mindy??
Na-noo Na-noo
:p

Sorry Keeper...I just haven't thought about that show in forever. :D

littlek
5th Jul 2002, 19:39
Maybe morking is a new weapon. :D

TRoosevelt_26
10th Jul 2002, 19:52
Originally posted by theBlackman
Dewdrop works if you expose yourself to 2 or more Hammers. I don't think he works with only one, and you have to be threatened by the Hammers.

Ha! No wonder she never worked for me. Now I must go try... :D

theBlackman
11th Jul 2002, 05:40
Originally posted by TRoosevelt_26

Ha! No wonder she never worked for me. Now I must go try... :D

DEWDROP is a HE (tee hee). :D :p

TRoosevelt_26
12th Jul 2002, 03:24
Well PHBBBBBBBTH to you, Mr. I-Am-A-Capitalized-Member. No male person I know would allow themselves to live under the monicker "Dewdrop."

theBlackman
12th Jul 2002, 05:21
Originally posted by TRoosevelt_26
Well PHBBBBBBBTH to you, Mr. I-Am-A-Capitalized-Member. No male person I know would allow themselves to live under the monicker "Dewdrop."

:Thumb: