PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Oghamsmith
14th Mar 2016, 23:06
Emerging from their humble abodes throughout the wilderness of Nosgoth, it’s time for the Beastmasters to stand and be counted in the ongoing war against the vampire scourge.

The Beastmaster - The Scourge of the Wild
Bloody-handed mystics who serve as vengeful instruments of the natural order, the Scourge have sworn to cleanse Nosgoth of the blight of Vampire-kind no matter what the cost. Beastmasters are ruthless fighters who use powerful firearms and primal magic to purge their foes, but are best known for their supernatural ability to temporarily take on the form of a bird of prey and take to the air to continue the hunt.

Check out the Beastmaster’s Class Warfare video for full details about the next fighter to enter the fray.

DYR-nIqTHAE

Daily Challenges

Daily Challenges have replaced the Daily Login reward. While slightly more challenging (the hint is in the name ;)) to complete, the overall loot drops are more valuable. By completing in-game tasks, you will earn points that go toward earning one of three unlocked chests. These chests can contain large sums of gold, better boosters, skins; and even Runestones and Keys!

Check out this post (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=186067) to learn more about Daily Challenges.
Good luck with your missions Denizens!

Human & Vampire Chests

As the war for Nosgoth heats up, the human race delves deeper into armouries of years gone by, searching for items imbued with arcane power. Equally, with the war intensifying, Vampires from across the land continue to step forward as they fight to save their race.

Quite a few new Human and Vampire skins will be available via these chests. Of particular note for fans of vampire kind is the ability to get new ghoul skins for your Summoner. These work in much the same way as the Vanguard’s various shields.

We'll be taking a closer look a these chests very soon. Stay tuned for more information!

New Sentinel Ability – Sonic Boom

Barrelling down through the sky, Sonic Boom allows the Sentinel to deal damage to, and knock back, multiple foes while remaining airborn.

Sonic Boom is a primary ability designed to enable the Sentinel to harass and stun the human team, setting up the other vampires to commence a feeding frenzy.

Steam Launcher
The Steam Launcher has been updated to run on the same backend as the Desktop Launcher, ensuring that you can add friends and create parties across either environment. Your Username and Avatar are also updated via the launcher now, as outlined here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=185503

Ping 2.0

Nosgoth’s ping system has received an upgrade to encourage further teamplay.

Vampires can now ping dead human bodies to make a set of vicious jaws to appear, indicating that food is available.
Humans can now ping health stations which make a blue cross appear above the station, indicating that someone on the human team wants to move there to heal.

League 4.0 & 5.0 In-Game Rewards

http://i.giphy.com/l2JJISAo1tZ2m61hK.gif
Raziel’s Pride, the League Beta 4.0 reward, is a special version of Sonic Boom. As with all special variants, the abilitie's performance characteristics can be replicated within the forge. This is the only Sonic Boom variant that will feature the occult visual effect.

Hunter’s Gold, the League Beta 5.0 reward is a special variant of the Beastmaster’s Hunter shotgun. As with all special variants, the weapon's performance characteristics can be replicated within the forge. While all that is gold does not glitter, Hunter’s Gold certainly does.

Two Vanguard Shields in the Store

The Vanguard has two brand new shields available in the store. One features a skeleton embedded into the front, and another formed entirely out of a dead animal skull.

2100 Runestone Purchase Thank You

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/ArmoredTyrantBanner.jpg
When you next purchase the 2100 Runestone bundle or higher, you will receive a brand new Armored Tyrant skin free of charge as a thank you for your purchase.

Fighting for Freedom: Nosgoth & Just Cause 3

The fight to overthrow the despotic rule of Kain is the most noble of just causes.

Anyone who owns Just Cause 3 & Nosgoth on Steam will receive an extra special bundle in Nosgoth to aid with their freedom fighting efforts. The bundle contains:

1 x JC3 Grapple
1 x Medici Liberator Player Banner
1 x Medici Rebel Player Banner
1 x 2000 Gold

General Changes & Fixes

The 5v5 Test Reward Banner has been granted to all players who earned it during the 5v5 Test.
All game modes can now be selected in private matches.
The initial game loading screen has been updated to utilise the latest piece of Nosgoth Art
The content of the end of match Leagues tab isn’t quite as shy as it was before. End of match Leagues information is now displayed correctly.
A number of Out of Memory crashes have been fixed with this update
Idle kick has been fixed to work more consistently. Don’t get kicked for being AFK!
A rare health bar glitch prevented health indicators from updating. This has been fixed.
Humans can no longer see bodies being dragged on the mini-map
Noscam replication has been improved, making Noscam files slightly more accurate
Particle effects left behind by vampires after death shall now dissipate into the ether.
Characters can no longer spawn inside of each other on Silenced Cathedral
Boosters now display their duration before being selected
Many minor visual polish tweaks have been applied across all of the classes in Nosgoth.
A great number of collision improvements have been made to Silenced Cathedral, many based on your feedback. Thanks!
Anyone playing Nosgoth in 4k will no longer need to reinstall the game after changing resolution.
“Get over here” achievement triggers more accurately.
Multiple Localisation fixes have been implemented
An Open Beta banner will be awarded to each player who participates in Nosgoth's Open Beta. This will happen once Nosgoth launches.

Known Issues:

Some collision issues are still present in Silenced Cathedral
League points at the end of Match may display incorrectly
Cannot watch Desktop client Noscam files in Steam client
The Friends tab in the League section may not populate
Importing friends from Steam to the new social system does not currently work. This should be resolved within the next couple of days.

Oghamsmith
14th Mar 2016, 23:20
Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we worked through today's maintenance.

During the work carried out today, we had to shift focus away from releasing the standalone desktop version of the client. Rest assured, work continues to prepare that for a public release as well.

----

We are currently rolling out class unlock tokens for players level 35 and over. Don't worry if you haven't received one yet. We are also still rolling out League 5.0 rewards. Again, do not worry if you have not received yours yet.

We hope you all enjoy this rather large update. There may well be a few bugs littered about the floor, if you find one, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy!

Truckposeidon
14th Mar 2016, 23:37
Just logged in so excited :D I am level 50 though and I had no class unlock token? What gives?

Ygdrasel
14th Mar 2016, 23:38
Beastmaster and Daily Challenges. And a new Sentinel ability. Neat. Lot of bug work, good.
Will these new chests also be stuffed full of mundane garbage filler?

Anywho, off to play...

SvPaass
14th Mar 2016, 23:44
I sadly have the same problem as Truckposeidon

TohighToplay
14th Mar 2016, 23:44
Any ETA for US servers coming back up?

SonixSquad
14th Mar 2016, 23:46
@Truck

We are currently rolling out class unlock tokens for players level 35 and over. Don't worry if you haven't received one yet. We are also still rolling out League 5.0 rewards. Again, do not worry if you have not received yours yet.

We hope you all enjoy this rather large update. There may well be a few bugs littered about the floor, if you find one, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy!

Thank you for taking your time to do this properly, the hype is real!!.. unfortunately I have to goto bed for a 5am work start.
But looking forward to beasting tomorrow after work!

ParadoxicalOmen
14th Mar 2016, 23:50
Damn this is huge...i wonder why this hasn't been posted in the game updates section or the blog..
Oh well, who cares...it's finally out!!! :worship:

Off to try it out :)

Sirfy1
14th Mar 2016, 23:52
I can't seem to close the game normally, it just freezes every time. I have to alt-tab and force-close the game.

Do we have to re-add everyone on our friends list? It's still showing I have 0.

Lastly, I thought the league reward sent ability was to have a unique fx? Isn't the one released simply occult and occult versions be dropping during ranked games? When I read "unique" I was thinking something that would actually be unique to that, and not something that's already on every primary.

Otherwise, I'm liking this new update. Looking forward to when I'm able to actually get into a game and try some of this out :)

Truckposeidon
14th Mar 2016, 23:54
Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we worked through today's maintenance.

During the work carried out today, we had to shift focus away from releasing the standalone desktop version of the client. Rest assured, work continues to prepare that for a public release as well.

----

Enjoy!

Ahh sorry didn't see this post. Well can't wait to try it out soon.

SvPaass
14th Mar 2016, 23:54
Can't wait to stress test this baby :P

Anders1425367
14th Mar 2016, 23:56
My game freezes as well when I try to close it.
I had struggles party-ing up with a friend because of a whiped friendlist.

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2016, 00:15
WOWWIEE!!! When it rains, it pours! So much content!

Sirfy1
15th Mar 2016, 00:16
It also seems to hard-freeze sometimes when I try and re-add my friends.

Scratch that, it seems to be hard-freezing when I search for matches too.

NiamaraWeee
15th Mar 2016, 00:28
Everything sounds cool and promising and you guys surely did a great job with everything... although currently, it just loads a black screen with music for me... and just like Sirfy said above, you can't close the game and have to force it through task manager... :/ so... can't really test anything as of yet... gotta wait til it works... /edit: At least loads into the game now... off for some testing!

The only thing I don't agree with, is the new Avatar and Username system... I like having my own custom Avatar (there aren't really many, nor good choices of the ones provided...), as much as I like to have my short Steam name ingame... but since you need more than 6 characters, I can't go by that name anymore... and even if there wasn't that limitation, this system seems to use the Square Enix account names, which means variations of it are already taken as well, which isn't so great... :/

I wish we could keep our former Avatar and Name... I know it's not the biggest concern, but it certainly is quite annoying and frustrating... :(

Ygdrasel
15th Mar 2016, 00:28
WOWWIEE!!! When it rains, it pours! So much content!

Marked Evolved skins. Enough said. :p

NEYCeu
15th Mar 2016, 00:30
First of all, great update with a lot of content.
My game freezes when i try to close it and i have to use the taskmanager to close it properly
After two games with the new sentinel ability it seems pretty broken, you can just tap it once to get 300 damage, turn around and do it again because the cooldown is so quick. Not to mention the knockdown effect you get every time you hit someone.

KGOTHATSO
15th Mar 2016, 00:33
I participated in the last league and got to Gold, yet haven't received my key.

NeloAngelicus
15th Mar 2016, 00:49
The game won't start for me...steam version.

RainaAudron
15th Mar 2016, 01:08
Why our friendlists have not been imported? I can´t remember everybody´s nickname and now many have changed it... That´s madness :mad: There is also this very nasty freeze which happens as soon as you click on somebody´s name in the search box, it freezes the game completely, there is only black screen, so you have to sign out (task manager does not help).

Poor selection of avatars is disappointing as well :/ Sonic boom seems to be broken and only works once for me per match, anybody else having issues? Those new marked evolved skins look sweet, too bad they are yet again in a set of new chests. As to the beastmaster, it is absolute chaos as players have no clue what are they doing just yet, but the flight seems a lot more jerkier and less precise than controlling sentinel for some reason. Trying to aim the fireballs midflight is almost impossible, so the swoop seems like a better option. The powershot is okay, but the affected vampire just slides away when hit, which looks really weird and unnatural.

Sirfy1
15th Mar 2016, 01:23
I still haven't been able to get into matches to test anything. Unable to find any tdm games and when I try playing ranked, it just hangs at "waiting for more players" even though there's 8 [yeah you can still see who's in there with you]

CimmerianWolf
15th Mar 2016, 01:39
Sonic boom is too strong, it is basically a Tyrant's charge but with more contact range and higher damage, as if the Sentinels really needed something else to destroy a team with. Beastmaster seems to be fairly balanced but, like Sentinels, should probably be limited to two per match or something similar.
On top of that Hellstrike for the Summoner is still very buggy and this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, also not enjoying the account changes for the game, it looked and worked better with the steam link.

TheDreamcrusher
15th Mar 2016, 01:58
Probably need to make the minimum cooldown on Sonic Boom/Raziel's Pride something like 5 seconds. I can hit multiple times pretty quickly if I'm spot on with my aim and deactivate it after hitting one person. The cooldown can be as low as 1 or 2 seconds if I'm really accurate. My harassment level was very high and damage was not shabby even for a new skill. Think I hit 10k on my vampire match with Raziel's Pride, Puncture, and Takeoff.

Power Shot and Chain Lightning for the beastmaster seem a little slow to activate... or laggy. Chain Lightning just doesn't seem to hit often. In my opinion, it needs to activate a little faster to be better than Nature's Fury. The beastmaster is giving up a lot of time to be firing hit shotgun while Chain Lightning activates. Power Shot doesn't seem to stun like it was supposed to? Do vampires have to collide with a wall for stun?

Damage seems a little underwhelming after a few matches with beastmaster. On paper, it seems to be high but even at point blank, it seems on the weak side. I'll report again later.

Notepad
15th Mar 2016, 01:59
The new Sentinel ability is overpowered. (And Sentinel's in general)
I believe the radius is far too large for it. It becomes rather unpleasant when dealing with multiple sentinels using it. You get hit, staggered, then repeat.

Like you did with Capture the body, I think a class limit would balance it rather well, though I still think Sonic Boom is far too powerful.

Oghamsmith
15th Mar 2016, 03:08
Thanks for all of the feedback so far folks, please keep it coming!

Any ETA for US servers coming back up?

US servers were online as soon as the game came back up. It may just have been that you were attempting to connect to them right as the game came back online, when very US players had jumped in, and so you were sent to EU servers.

Damn this is huge...i wonder why this hasn't been posted in the game updates section or the blog..
Oh well, who cares...it's finally out!!! :worship:

Off to try it out :)
Because by the time I had the patch notes up here, and a few other tasks complete once the patch finally went live, I had to sprint for the last train home at 11:45 PM :P. I'll be updating the game updates page shortly.

I can't seem to close the game normally, it just freezes every time. I have to alt-tab and force-close the game.

Do we have to re-add everyone on our friends list? It's still showing I have 0.

Lastly, I thought the league reward sent ability was to have a unique fx? Isn't the one released simply occult and occult versions be dropping during ranked games? When I read "unique" I was thinking something that would actually be unique to that, and not something that's already on every primary.

Otherwise, I'm liking this new update. Looking forward to when I'm able to actually get into a game and try some of this out :)
Yes, we're seeing a relatively high number of players reporting complications with closing the game. We've earmarked this as a high priority issue to investigate.

Regarding the friends list. The initial design and implementation transferred any friends on your Steam list who had played Nosgoth (using an SEM account), to the new friends list. During today's maintenance, we found that the implementation in the live environment was not working as intended. We were forced to drop that feature as a result. Finding a fix is high on our priority list at the moment, as we don't want you to have to manually re-add all of your friends. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on a fix right now. For the time being, feel free to re-add those friends who you'll be playing with in the immediate future. Hopefully we can get the feature to add the rest relatively soon.

Regarding Raziel's Pride. That is the only Sonic Boom that will have the Occult visual effect associated with it.

The only thing I don't agree with, is the new Avatar and Username system... I like having my own custom Avatar (there aren't really many, nor good choices of the ones provided...), as much as I like to have my short Steam name ingame... but since you need more than 6 characters, I can't go by that name anymore... and even if there wasn't that limitation, this system seems to use the Square Enix account names, which means variations of it are already taken as well, which isn't so great... :/

I wish we could keep our former Avatar and Name... I know it's not the biggest concern, but it certainly is quite annoying and frustrating... :(

We will be expanding the range of avatars available in the client. Ideally we would like to differentiate your display name (the name which everyone sees) from your username (the SEM name you use to sign in). This would allow two people to have the same display name (but different usernames), and could reduce the minimum character count requirement. This is a feature that we have talked about this internally, but haven't been able to get development time allocated to it. It's possible that we may be able to get dev time allocated to this at some stage in the future. Allowing you to upload your own avatars is also something that we have previously discussed, although is quite a bit trickier to do both from an infrastructural and legal standpoint.

The reason that these changes were made, was to allow players on both the desktop and Steam versions of the game to actually play against each other, add each other as friends, join parties together, chat etc etc.

First of all, great update with a lot of content.
My game freezes when i try to close it and i have to use the taskmanager to close it properly
After two games with the new sentinel ability it seems pretty broken, you can just tap it once to get 300 damage, turn around and do it again because the cooldown is so quick. Not to mention the knockdown effect you get every time you hit someone.
I don't want to jump to conclusions about the balance of newly introduced classes/abilities too soon. I generally like to give them time to breath in the live environment. With that said, I foresee discussions about the cooldown on Sonic Boom in the not too distant future.

I participated in the last league and got to Gold, yet haven't received my key.
It's nearly 3AM here, so please forgive my memory here. I don't think we've delivered the keys for League Beta 5.0. I'll confirm/deny this tomorrow.

The game won't start for me...steam version.
What happens when you try to boot the game?

Why our friendlists have not been imported? I can´t remember everybody´s nickname and now many have changed it... That´s madness :mad: There is also this very nasty freeze which happens as soon as you click on somebody´s name in the search box, it freezes the game completely, there is only black screen, so you have to sign out (task manager does not help).

Poor selection of avatars is disappointing as well :/ Sonic boom seems to be broken and only works once for me per match, anybody else having issues? Those new marked evolved skins look sweet, too bad they are yet again in a set of new chests. As to the beastmaster, it is absolute chaos as players have no clue what are they doing just yet, but the flight seems a lot more jerkier and less precise than controlling sentinel for some reason. Trying to aim the fireballs midflight is almost impossible, so the swoop seems like a better option. The powershot is okay, but the affected vampire just slides away when hit, which looks really weird and unnatural.

There's a minimum velocity that you need to hit before you can activate Sonic Boom. You're likely traveling too slowly to activate whenever it "fails" to kick off. Steep dives tend to help in this regard.

The introduction of a new class is always going to have players flocking to try him out. As I've mentioned before, it'll likely take a week or two for this to calm down and a bit of a meta to establish itself with the new additions.

The Treshawk and Sentinel use considerably different rigs, so they way they seem to move will indeed be different. The Treshawk turns on its axis slightly more, which is certainly an odd sensation to get used to. It's interesting to see that aiming is your complaint with Wraith of the Firebird. Will take that note. Regarding Powershot's effect, MOBA games are typically where you see this kind of effect used the most, and it's fairly common for them to use the slide. A large number of players will be used to the ability being communicated that way, and know what to expect as a result.

NeloAngelicus
15th Mar 2016, 03:40
What happens when you try to boot the game?

The play button of the launcher don't work, i can hit it but never launch the game and back again to red, already reinstall all the visuals c++ with an the error "0x80240017" on the 2015 version, i'm running windows update now looking for updates, my SO is Windows 8.1...i was playing normally yesterday but after the update this problem showed up.

NiamaraWeee
15th Mar 2016, 03:50
We will be expanding the range of avatars available in the client. Ideally we would like to differentiate your display name (the name which everyone sees) from your username (the SEM name you use to sign in). This would allow two people to have the same display name (but different usernames), and could reduce the minimum character count requirement. This is a feature that we have talked about this internally, but haven't been able to get development time allocated to it. It's possible that we may be able to get dev time allocated to this at some stage in the future. Allowing you to upload your own avatars is also something that we have previously discussed, although is quite a bit trickier to do both from an infrastructural and legal standpoint.

Thank you very much for the answer. That's what I was hoping for! Would be nice to see this in the future~ :)

-

Been able to test a bit now and yeah... pretty much everyone already said it - Sonic Boom seems a bit OP atm... you can't really avoid it (like a Tyrant's charge) and the cooldown is pretty low for what it does... you can basically do it every few seconds.

It's probably still too early to give good feedback for the Beastmaster, but he has fun abilities and I love the voice/remarks he makes! :thumb: Still gotta see how it will all fit together in teamplay though... :)

/edit: BM feels a bit weak compared to the other classes atm... still gotta figure out how to best make use of all the stuff he has, but... I feel like he generally dies somewhat faster, too... o:

calypso-694
15th Mar 2016, 04:13
This is great and all but I still don't get why I have to gamble for skins? Seriously just put them in the regular store and make them a higher ruin price than the regular ones!! Ugh. For exalted, marked and anything special like wtf! Why should I get ruins to purchase something I want when I'm not even guaranteed I'll get it? And now you've added awesome summoner demon skins! Please let me buy them normally and not in some lame chest.

JoeMama2
15th Mar 2016, 04:13
Nice patch

GenFeelGood
15th Mar 2016, 06:14
The play button of the launcher don't work, i can hit it but never launch the game and back again to red, already reinstall all the visuals c++ with an the error "0x80240017" on the 2015 version, i'm running windows update now looking for updates, my SO is Windows 8.1...i was playing normally yesterday but after the update this problem showed up.

I am also experiencing this problem. I was able to play a few games immediately after the update; but I got off to go for a run and now I'm dealing with the same issue.

I also just corrected an error after uninstalling what I thought were just redundant versions of C++.

senjuj
15th Mar 2016, 07:05
increase cd of sonic boom or whatever new thing of senti.

kLauE187
15th Mar 2016, 07:10
sonic boom 1s cooldown OK. 10k dmg in 5 minutes when i only used sonic boom. not even meleed one time. GOGOGO 30 fps sent. even could need a 30 fps limiter now just for beastmaster flying+wallboost. this game becomes a huge joke. RIP

also 6 letter for name? ARE U SERIOUS?

Obisher
15th Mar 2016, 07:15
Since this patch, the game won't start when I click "Play" on the launcher. The button goes gray for a few seconds and then returns back to normal. Please fix it, I want to buy chests!
http://i.imgur.com/JbEeQb3.png

Nurgor
15th Mar 2016, 08:12
can anyone confirm, that u rly get the tyrant skin, when buying the 2100 runestone package?

MasterShuriko
15th Mar 2016, 08:41
I am also experiencing this problem. I was able to play a few games immediately after the update; but I got off to go for a run and now I'm dealing with the same issue.

I also just corrected an error after uninstalling what I thought were just redundant versions of C++.

Same here : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187095

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 08:46
So..
apparently you can't create parties anymore and the game crashes when you try and exit it?
I'm glad I waited so long for this.

Also: WHEN YOU OPEN THE GAME THE LAUNCHER -STILL- OPENS IN THE BACKGROUND AND DOESN'T TELL YOU.
This is so annoying.

Edit: Hit detection is garbage on Shotguns. When you have a point blank weapon, the weapon should do damage on close range, but you cant hit people that are right in front of you.

Edit 2: Sonic Boom needs a cooldown.. just saying

Edit 3: Your loadout resets every game. Great

Edit 4: Everything the Beastmaster does feels sluggish and unresponsive. That might be deliberate, but its way too slow imho.

Edit 5: RIP Nosgoth
Can't join up with other players anymore. The same party issues the game had under Steam at the start.
Remind me again why we needed to move away from Steam, just when you finally got it to work properly there?

Edit 6: So great the new chests also feature Mysterious Pounces, Splitter Hatchets and Hand Canons.. I desperately needed one. Totally worth 1k RS.

kLauE187
15th Mar 2016, 10:03
So..
apparently you can't create parties anymore and the game crashes when you try and exit it?
I'm glad I waited so long for this.

Also: WHEN YOU OPEN THE GAME THE LAUNCHER -STILL- OPENS IN THE BACKGROUND AND DOESN'T TELL YOU.
This is so annoying.

Edit: Hit detection is garbage on Shotguns. When you have a point blank weapon, the weapon should do damage on close range, but you cant hit people that are right in front of you.

Edit 2: Sonic Boom needs a cooldown.. just saying

Edit 3: Your loadout resets every game. Great

Edit 4: Everything the Beastmaster does feels sluggish and unresponsive. That might be deliberate, but its way too slow imho.

Edit 5: RIP Nosgoth
Can't join up with other players anymore. The same party issues the game had under Steam at the start.
Remind me again why we needed to move away from Steam, just when you finally got it to work properly there?
4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome ****. even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 10:07
4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome ****. even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth
At least BM and Sonic Boom will not be allowed in ESL yet..
and I doubt Sonic Boom can be allowed as it is now.

For once though, they didnt break private lobbies. They seem to function as before. So.. well done? :scratch:

kLauE187
15th Mar 2016, 10:14
At least BM and Sonic Boom will not be allowed in ESL yet..
and I doubt Sonic Boom can be allowed as it is now.

For once though, they didnt break private lobbies. They seem to function as before. So.. well done? :scratch:

Guess when we're at it, we don't allow 30 fps sent and eldrich with bloodweaver too.

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2016, 10:33
4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome shiece of pit. even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth

You don't need to use task manager. Just click the little up arrow in the system tray (it will have '^', some icons, then the date and time) then right click the Nosgoth symbol then click close. It's more complicated than it needs to be, but at least it lets the game shut down properly rather than forced, which can cause gitches.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 10:40
Guess when we're at it, we don't allow 30 fps sent and eldrich with bloodweaver too.
They should... but its hard to enforce.

Ysanoire
15th Mar 2016, 10:42
Well, this is an awesome update but damn, so much stuff dampening my enthusiasm about it.

- game crashes when I try to close it (already mentioned)
- sonic boom too little warning, too quiet, cooldown too short (and too annoying)
- beastmaster seems to completely fail to do decent damage at close range where he's supposed to excel

- more chests... great -_-

Keelei
15th Mar 2016, 12:01
The new friends/party system is COMPLETELY BROKEN, out of about 20 attempts to form a party, 2 were successful, friends did not get transfered from steam, and the game froze multiple times while trying to add friends, the friendlist shows people online/offline at random it seems as it frequently shows prople with their games closed online and the other way around. It aslo bugs out half the time showing you you have 0 friends. The game crashes every time on shut down resulting in having to use task manager to close it. Not even going to mention the balance of the new sentinel ability.

You keep saying you have people testing those things but with all this mess you keep creating nearly every time you patch thats getting picked up by every player instantly.

Burial_Ground
15th Mar 2016, 12:05
Mayor issues with the point system for leagues since the new update !!

The first thing that i noticed is that my last league match from yesterday, just before nosgoth went down
for maintenance, wasn't added when i launched this morning. I won that one, points could be two or more i am not sure.

Today i have played 2 league matches and 6 deathmatches. League ranked reports 3 or 4 matches more than i played and even deducted points for matches that i didn't even play. i've got a screenshot showing two matches are added after i quit playing. I won the matches that i played but still my points keep going down.

I need to know what is going on, maybe someone elses profile is mixed with mine,
or my deathmatch losses are deducted from leagues.
I had a crash during one league match and one deathmatch, but in both cases i reconnected within the timelimit.
So i hope someone can fix this before i lose even more points without even playing.

So my last 3 league matches were victorious

deathmatch today : 4 losses, 1 draw and 1 win.

I also think that there are some sort of ghost connections on the league servers.
When i check the servers that my steam friends play on, steam reports much more players
than the usual 8/8, some even show 142/8.
Maybe some players can't connect, but points are deducted because nosgoth reports them as leaver/quiters.

update: since i stopped playing after 11:30 CET on the EU servers, 3 matches were added as loss for leagues, my points keep going down. Also loading nosgoth is very slow

update 15:00: well my "losing streak" has ended for now. i think 5 matches were added because of losses in regular deathmatch, bad connection to league servers or other problems.
Now i'd like to know if i can continue playing without having to worry about mysterious lost league matches.

GenFeelGood
15th Mar 2016, 12:34
can anyone confirm, that u rly get the tyrant skin, when buying the 2100 runestone package?

I can confirm it, I was at least able to do that before being locked out by the launcher.

J_Walker
15th Mar 2016, 12:40
I'm shocked , we're over the broken patch level, this is a real sabotage of the game.

1: Launcher ,what's the purpose? Smaller updates time by time ... Never seen any of them.Just 1 .This

2: 6 letters nickname, can't choose avatar , can't see friends , can't join with them.

3: If we didn't got any new players so far, but ,at contrary,we lost many of them , I think You should have addressed this bug fixes before releasing such a messy patch.

4:I have black screens when I try to launch the game,never happened.

5:Game remains open ,after closed,or crashes,and we have to force-kill the process in the OS task manager.

6:Sonic boom...no thanks

7:League system doesn't work from months,and u keep avoid the major problem.
I made a suggestion time ago,noone of the devs replied on the feedback.
I'll rewrite here for major views :
4v4 :Good luck Have fun
4v3: Good luck have fun
4v2: Match ends istantly after 60 secs
4v1: GG match HAS TO END immediately.

8: MMR isn't the decent way for league to work with.
As an high MMR player I'm forced to play with newbies,losing a lot of matches cause 2 of my team don't even know how to shoot.On the enemy team,a well balanced team of decent players.

9: U should have focused more on ESL instead of leagues ,cause that's the place where ppl like me spend their time to study every angle of the game you created,that's where the heart of the game stays.TEAM-BASED game.

10: Why u don't use the launcher to download a separate Client of the game ,just for TEST client purposes(like the Battlefield 4 CTE project), and keep the good one on steam , so the majority of ppl can see it and actually download it ? I think steam is a way larger platform to mess with.

My list is gonna be long than this but...at this point there is no point in keep writing stuff,we know You will never listen and take care of the feedback we give to you.

I'm just disappointed cause this game has a lot of potential to the competitive scene and you are just messing with it.

_Krypton_
15th Mar 2016, 13:16
Hello Community, i hope the things with the friends, the profilepictures and the names would be changed back. If not i dont play nosgoth on. I hope you change it because i really enjoy Nosgoth.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 13:22
Can we just revert back to the last patch before the Launcher came out? That would be great.

Also: I love how you wanted to make it so you can't see your lobbies through the Steam Overlay anymore..
Great Idea..
TOO BAD IT STILL WORKS :mad2:

SquirtleAttaX
15th Mar 2016, 13:30
Actually I'm really glad you hold this patch so long off us. Just a simple question: Did you guys ever make your thoughts on WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING TO THE GAME? 2 months of testing? What did you actually test? Skins, treasures and daily challenges working? The "7500 heal" just works as prophet. This is probably your testing. I just don't get why you even PULLED OUT THIS PATCH! Better put in content. Makes everything easier for you. Next time you should even try your changes out and make thoughts on how the game changes and how it can be used. Who cares about NEW STUFF. Who cares about having a launcher thats completely useless and shuts down every individual playing the game. Thanks Devs. I really enjoy the game now. I think new players get really attracted by seeing this game and old players also see what you've done to the game.

Great job!

EDIT: If you're planning a hotfix don't, please don't go for it like you did your "hotfixes" before. We don't want to play this more than 3 days.

_Krypton_
15th Mar 2016, 14:56
I become everytime -14 when i lose in leage. Nice bug Thank You Nosgoth Team: :)

Zarxiel93
15th Mar 2016, 15:25
4 Ghouls? Thats not true, there is only 3.

Anders1425367
15th Mar 2016, 15:31
Well, let's be a little bit more constructive.

I feel like the BM is surprisingly balanced. Most people can handle him but in the hands of a skilled player who likes to take the "support role" it's very effective.

I can clearly see that you wanted to implement Sonic Boom to clear up roofs against the BM, because you won't be able to fight him alone any other way. His disability and burst are too much for most vampires. Yet the hitbox is way too big and the damage, combined with the drop damage is just too much. There needs to be some sound to hear it coming. Maybe you should make the sentinel more vulnerable from all sides instead of just the front while he is in this ability, so it's too risky to engage alone in a 4 human team. This way it will still be nice to clear roofs but you won't see that extreme team-diving that often.

Cathedral is way better now, you don't bug (as much) anymore.

The voice of the beastmaster sounds pretty similar to the reaver voice in my ears. maybe you should make it a little "rougher" to underline some wildness in his playstyle.

The beastmaster should be able to cast the bolts faster, I only feel it is useful when there are all vampires bundled up or your clip is empty and reloading would be even longer.

We just tried to create a group of 3 for about halb an hour, everytime one person could not be invited or didn't show up as online. restarting Nosgoth and the launcher sometimes fixed it, but after half an hour we gave up. making a group of 2 works most of the time.

the chat frames in the lobby are too transparent. the background is hella bright and the text is white. it's hard to read, maybe some little grey-transparent background for the frame would help.

Matchmaking... it takes ages to find a full lobby even though there are around 1000 people online.

Once the servers seemingly crashed, one of our group could not log in and as we tried to relog to test it we couldn't log in too. I am sure you are aware of this, just wanted to mention it.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 15:33
Anyone else having trouble finding games?
Ranked never starts, TDM lobbies are always missing 1 person and are not filling.

Even with the recent patch having scared off half the population, how is it there was less downtime in early Closed Beta compared to now?

HexMee
15th Mar 2016, 15:44
You know it's kinda funny all the new skins and other graphical additions/improvements done this patch is actually great, spot on & no complaints, except re-using the same animations obviously. But that's for later - Well done graphics department!

Anyway it's well past being nice..
Now.. YOU yeah that's right YOU. Everyone else who had any hand in this patch and the last 3 or so patches back to before the "launcher" was thought of should all be ashamed. The only thing that has been positive and well implemented in the last 6 months (or even more, i don't know) is the ping system, and even that has questionable *bugs* like pinging deceivers etc.
Apart from previously mentioned, everything that you have *worked so hard* with and implemented in the game has just made it worse. That's right, if you just delete any progress on the game in the last half year in your database and roll out an old patch you would make Nosgoth considerably better than what it is today.
Now I'm not being mean for the sake of letting off steam, even though that's nice too. But ya'll need a wakeup call from a clock the size of big ben.
Secondly what does an industrial factory of some kind do when one of its' workers get their head or arm or leg or whatever jammed inside a machine? You hit the emergency stop.
So why have you not hit the emergency stop on this season of league yet? But you keep chugging on cause' nothing stops the money press you have at the office it seems.

You said we won't be able to see who you're matched with in the steam overlay. out of the 3 games I played before my patience couldn't take this patch no more both me and my teammate saw exactly who we were matched with simply by pressing shift+tab. We saw it before we got a countdown, during game & after.
You said boosters now display their duration before being selected.

Look, almost everyone who play this game cares so much about it. The people giving feedback on the forum cares the most, and I don't want to be angry or mean every time I write something here. I want to be taken serious and I want the dev team to also take the game serious instead of shoving carrots in your ears when the community is shouting louder and louder at you to make the game better.
Right now I'm really not feeling like giving some thoughtout and comprehensive feedback on the plethora of issues with this patch, but I will later on. In the meantime ready yourselves to actually take in the feedback from your community and work together with us to make this game great, I have a feeling that we collectively won't give you that many more chances.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 15:48
And we thought #GlobalInfect was bad.
It probably was the same one-armed monkey that tested those patches.

You said boosters now display their duration before being selected.
It shows in the description text. not on the thumbnails. Everything else though, spot on.
EDIT: No actually, it only shows on some Boosters, not all. So.. Good Job!

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2016, 16:00
This is all going to happen all over again when the Rahabim comes out. According to the recent article, that will be after the game's full release. I strongly recommend against that and suggest you don't release until the Rahabim has been out for at least a month. Many players will only give the game one chance and if all hell breaks loose due to a massive update like this one, they might not bother sticking around to see if it gets fixed.

Isn't that what happened last year? There was a huge influx of players when the game went into open beta, then a large patch introduced a ton of bugs which took too long to fix and then everyone just left.

SirSleepALot
15th Mar 2016, 16:21
You guys should have ESL players test the new stuff before you release it and ask feedback. Just a thought.

MuShYRoOM
15th Mar 2016, 16:23
One complain which is missing:

Please remove all Daily Challenges for specific classes...
Its rly no fun when my teammates play as 2xVanguard 1xAlchemist VS. 3 Sentinels and dont want to switch their classes, because they wanna complete their daily challenge like "Block 10k damage as Vanguard" or bs like that... (happened to me yesterday @my first league game after the patch...)

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 16:29
One complain which is missing:

Please remove all Daily Challenges for specific classes...
Its rly no fun when my teammates play as 2xVanguard 1xAlchemist VS. 3 Sentinels and dont want to switch their classes, because they wanna complete their daily challenge like "Block 10k damage as Vanguard" or bs like that... (happened to me yesterday @my first league game after the patch...)

Which is something we said very early on. But hey, Feedback's a ****.

Captain3009
15th Mar 2016, 17:08
Feedback for the launcher:

We need free choice for our avatars. (Standard avatars sucks :( )
We need free choice for our nicknames.
We need a import button for importing friends from our steamlist.

Thank you. :wave:

xeno2k
15th Mar 2016, 17:12
Good thing Overwatch is coming out early May. Can finally focus on a game with developers that care and listen to their community. The past few months this game has been completely horrible, not only in ESL but in League as well. People still abuse the fps, people still exploit the game, sentinel is still overpowered and utterely destroys the fun and competitiveness in ESL games. Only reason I logged in was because of the League money and ESL coinflip(Who has the most luck on their side/can exploit the hardest) matches against zenith. This game literally became worse with every patch. That itself is pretty hard to achieve, I'd say even p2w games are considerably better than what you've been feeding us.

I'm usually not really the type to post on the Forums or voice my opinion on these matters because I know from past experience the developers nor half the community cares about the nonsense people spout. At first I thought Oghamsmith would bring in some changes to the competitive scene and overall gaming experience in Nosgoth, but I guess first impressions are deceiving. I feel like he's just another doofus that can't put his money where his mouth is. Don't ask people who have been playing this game competitively for more than a year for feedback when you literally don't do ANYTHING with it.

Honestly, how hard is it to fix an overpowered Sentinel? You guys were pretty fast with fixing the tyrant strafe/fps abuse, but somehow you can't do the same thing with Sentinel? You can't properly fix the dodging in League? You can't remove bloodweaver or adjust it? We've been giving you the same feedback for the past few months and you guys rather design new skins to unlock from chests. I guess we can all see your priorities here.

I've played a lot of different games casually and competitively but the developers here and the progress of the game takes the cake. I remember this game used to be casted on ESL and even Jason Kaplan was confused about the fact it takes you guys so long to fix simple UI stuff for spectator mode and what not. Either way I'm sure you guys will fix all the bugs and exploits, and possibly even release this game somewhere in the future, but don't expect the core of this community to stay and wait for this.

Oh and this patch sucks.

Tetszu
15th Mar 2016, 17:13
i don´t like all this salty feedback i can understand it out of the competetive perspective but at the end the game is in beta and if they don´t try things out the game will never make good progress in development
i would´ve liked it if they disabled ladder for testing purposes plus there are a lot of people who would liked to have a pause in between seasons. but i guess it is way more interesting to see the new balance changes in competetive play :>

let the dev´s develop the game they are looking for feedback but we have to give them time to change things
my advice enjoy the flappi bird and try to learn BM im sure it has potential somehow xD

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 17:17
let the dev´s develop the game they are looking for feedback but we have to give them time to change things
my advice enjoy the flappi bird and try to learn BM im sure it has potential somehow xD

We give them feedback - everytime. And they go and do the opposite.
Community: "Sentinel is kinda OP"
Devs: "Oh ok, lets give him an insta-damage ability with no cooldown or need to time or land afterwards"
Community: :mad2:

Community: "The party system doesn't work sometimes"
Devs: "we just made a launcher where nothing works! - Isn't this awesome"

Need I go on

Edit: Please refresh my boosters. I was foolish enough to put in an XP Booster for the beastmaster, before I realized that I don't wanna keep playing this garbage Sonic Boom spamming before you fix.. well.. everything.

Sasha_Vykos
15th Mar 2016, 17:46
Let's be honest guys.. this time u messed up way too much. If u care about your core players, just revert the changes, abort the client system or at least just give us the possibility to start the game via steam AND COMPLETELY BYEPASS your client. Nothing nothing nothing is working correctly, not even remotely.

- We dont have our steam friends list and we need to re add everyone
- Minimum of 6 letters and no spaces for the nickname (means that half of the players cant use their name)
- You can't use your name cause it seems that the game checks the old names and this causes everyone to find their name taken
- The game crashes when u try to close it
- You can't use your customized avatar
- Party system is COMPLETELY broken (you need like 10 invites to create a party, i see my friends offline while they are not and many other issues)
- Game freezes far more than before
- Waiting times are huge dunno why and the lobbies dont fill up

BUT

what we gain in exchange of this?

We will have smaller updates.

In this state, the game is just unplayable, im not exaggerating. And I don't even need to talk about balance cause, beeing this game in beta, I can accept OP things or any type of adjustment about balance.
I really can't see how is it possible to miss these major things. Really, just roll back this patch. Its possibly the worst ever.
I don't want to be rude but as a core player with 1800+ hours I really care about this game, its painfull for me to see where it is going and I'm thinking to quit it, in favor of games when the feedback has some value. It has been the same for about 1 year now.. every patch the same story. I think you guys need to understand that if a player comes here and waste his time writing a salty comment, is just because he loves the game and he does not want the game to die like it is happening in his current state.

Tetszu
15th Mar 2016, 17:50
We give them feedback - everytime. And they go and do the opposite.
Community: "Sentinel is kinda OP"
Devs: "Oh ok, lets give him an insta-damage ability with no cooldown or need to time or land afterwards"

Is senti really that op? i guess it is since you have to counter it with prophet/scout/hunter
but i think the new ability is kinda bad if you play against good hunters/scouts .... sure everyone is testing the BM who is quite bad against senti anyways and maybe in general not good enough :)

the thing with the party system is a problem but im sure they will find a way to let it at least work again pretty soon...
im not saying everything is nice and cozy but i do think that nosgoth is a fun game especially for an free to play title !

Hastenitgesehn
15th Mar 2016, 18:16
i agree to 100% with hexmee, xeno, sasha & da_wolf !

i am really pissed that "wyp3" is an invalid name now and sonic boom is nothing but a bad joke.
but i won't repeat everything the others already listed very well, i can only add that half our team is already considering to quit nosgoth aswell if this sonic boom spam doesn't stop VERY SOON ! it just kills the fun.

and the reward for season 4 is an "occult sonic boom" ? really? i kinda expected an "exclusive" effect or at least not an uglyness like this... at least change it to bloody fx or shadow fx, but this common occult fx is very disappointing....

Burial_Ground
15th Mar 2016, 18:32
I become everytime -14 when i lose in leage. Nice bug Thank You Nosgoth Team: :)

Well this is just outrageous; first about 5 lost matches were added to my league score. And i didn't even lose a league match today. Just now i tried one more league match. The teams were about even, but we lost with a few points difference.
I was punished with -14. now i'm about to get kicked out of eternal because the league system is obviously messed up.
So for now i can't play anymore until this is fixed. Also read my other post from earlier today.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187077&page=2&p=2203412#post2203412

trollmeharderpsyonix
15th Mar 2016, 18:35
YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS.

As of today, this game is unplayable.

40min total waittime for 2 casual Deathmatches.
30min total waittime for NONE Ranked Games (i gave up)
Private Server - not working for me and my homes.
Sonic Boom is a huge joke.
The new friend system is a huge joke.

i could go on but i already repeated enough and i can't really add anything that hasn't been pointed out by Hexme, Wolv etx.

This MAJOR issues need to be fixed ASAP. no delays, no excuses.
As i said before, right now it is unplayable mainly because of the waittimes, and if you don't fix this issues RIGHT NOW, you WILL loose atleast half your playerbase. That's how it works, if your game is unplayable for weeks or even less, noone gives a **** about it anymore.

And yes, i am quite angry because i really looked forward to play the new patch all day.

And no, i don't mean to insult but i really really love this game and i don't want to see it die completely.

To quote your interview with gamereactor.
"Oh yeah, it's always good to get multiple perspectives. Most recently we've been getting some experience from some of the upper ESL teams, which we're using to start our look at bug fixing, and a few changes for game balance."

Don't just say that, DO IT.

edit: get rid of the launcher, stay on steam. nosgoth will not survive without steam, trust me.

River_
15th Mar 2016, 19:30
Okay, I hope this will be the Big Ben wake-up call as mentioned above:

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Delaying the update for almost a month, 'fixing bugs', and this is what you deliver?

- The launcher is ****. Small updates my ****, pulling in more people, yeah right. If it did anything, it pushed away players.
- Please explain again why the possibilities of creativity from players was removed? (Talking about profile pictures from a select list, and names suddenly needing at least 6 characters)
- You guys got really lazy. League 4.0 reward: flipping copy-past from existing fx (that one really stung, at least with the other league prices, we knew what we'd get). League 5.0 golden reskin of a class not even released. League 6.0, Stock tyrant reskin? Or is it not even a reskin, since you just put a League tatoo on him? Quite franly, I have no idea, we have not seen anything about it, even though we are in 2 weeks already.
- When will you fix old bugs? I believe deciever footsteps are still around, floating decievers, grab and puncture still bit too powerfull, bloodweaver not fixed (Just to name some). Do you guys even care at all?

About 2 weeks ago, you guys started the next league season without warning. There was a massive outcry about it, yet nothing has been done. We are really talking to a wall here, are we not? It's pathetic. All I see when I look at this patch it a broken ability, a useless new class, more bugs and crashes than any other patch before, and most of all, just another way for you guys to sap away money from us. Buy 2100 runestones now, and recieve a tyrant skin? Right... New skins and remeshes!? In the chests everybody hates..

The war between humans and vampires is not destroying Nosgoth, its developers are.

Not that this rant matters anyway, we might as well be talking to deaf people here. I'm out. Deleting Nosgoth as I am typing this. If this game is still alive in 5 months, and it has improved, I might come back. If not, well, it has been a fun run.

Cya!

Burial_Ground
15th Mar 2016, 21:07
I'd like to add one more thing.
During my last league match i saw the well known "player has abandoned the match and will be punished messages" but at that moment all 8 players were ingame. i cannot recall the names but this strengthens my theory about fake/or ghost connections from other players. This could explain the odd matches that i supposed to have played and lost, while i didnt play them. i hope this helps the crew a bit to solve the issues we had since the update.

And besides these problems i sure had fun with the beastmaster and sonic boom. And i think the beastmaster is a nice addition once everyone gets the hang of his abilities. so its not all negative.

ParadoxicalOmen
15th Mar 2016, 21:08
Friend system is broken sadly...
Didn't import any of my old friend, didn't import any steam friends...and when i manually added my friends, i wasn't able to invite them...so i can only play solo as of now...

Also, there is a bug where you can't play private matches...i am being accused of being in a party (when im solo) and can't join.

mindfactoryM
15th Mar 2016, 21:12
Anyone else having trouble finding games?
Ranked never starts, TDM lobbies are always missing 1 person and are not filling.

Even with the recent patch having scared off half the population, how is it there was less downtime in early Closed Beta compared to now?

Same here.Can not go ranked.Tells me Square Enix not synced......TDM often 1 empty space.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 21:15
The war between humans and vampires is not destroying Nosgoth, its developers are.

Not that this rant matters anyway, we might as well be talking to deaf people here. I'm out. Deleting Nosgoth as I am typing this. If this game is still alive in 5 months, and it has improved, I might come back. If not, well, it has been a fun run.
Cya!

I'm frantically refreshing my email inbox, but sadly, no invite to Overwatch Beta yet.
Thank God for Steam family sharing, or else I'd be real bored by now.

Bazielim
15th Mar 2016, 21:32
Good evening guys. I think I'll just leave a small reminder of the Forum Terms Of Use (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/announcement.php?f=156&a=1) here.
I can understand the frustrations but please don't go over the top with it - please remain civil and constructive.
Much obliged.

Halpachino
15th Mar 2016, 21:35
congrats on making me finally uninstall nosgoth after playing since closed beta. takes a special kinda developer to achieve that

Anders1425367
15th Mar 2016, 21:37
Well, let's continue the list of bugs.

It's about the partying. Apparently only the first invitation triggers the invite. if i am connecting to the party (which sometimes takes about 10 sec) and i get invited to the same party again, i can neither accept nor decline the invitation without getting kicked from the party and having to restart the game and the launcher to be invitable.

Apart from that I got some weird bug. After about 45 minutes of restarting and relogging we finally managed to get into a party of 4, when we tried to start the queue this appeared, forcing us to restart the game and do the invite-minigame again:
http://i.imgur.com/phfjjOc.png

Nurgor
15th Mar 2016, 21:54
Congratulations Psyonix/SE, never before have i seen developers fail so miserably at a patch, that was supposed to be the hope, the shining ray of light in this dark time of **** that has come over nosgoth.
Well done, u drove away countless players, yet again.
U managed to ignore every single advice your community, your unpaid unrespected bug testers, gave you... again.
Good job on continuing with the policy of bad decisions.
If i could, i would give you a cookie, for this outstanding job u did...not.
Thank you for yet another bad joke on the cost of your community.
Maybe u will allow me to polish your shoes, the same shoes u kick your game and its community with, repeatedly, into the mud.
Yet another glorious chest with a 95% chance to get garbage, 4,5% polished garbage and 0,5% chance to get actually good and well made skins(6 chests, only garbage).
Good job on uniting your community with a few simple emotions, frustration, anger and hate.
If i had the strength to go on like this, i would not, because i dont see this ending well.
I only see fire at the end of nosgoth's road now.

Well done...

Vampmaster
15th Mar 2016, 22:32
Can we get some furry walls in here before anyone else has a panic attack? A couple of weeks and everything will be back to normal.

Ygdrasel
15th Mar 2016, 22:47
Can we get some furry walls in here before anyone else has a panic attack?

Nice reference. Christ, it's as if people expected a big patch to be completely perfect. Every time any patch has any flaw, it's like the imminent apocalypse in here...

Sadly, I've found myself 1.5 ranks away from another class token so I can't say anything about the Beastmaster yet.
But Sonic Boom has proven rather nice. It does seem a bit too quiet though I've yet to be on the receiving end.

Trying to make it synergize with Dive Bomb. I mean, you're in a dive already, it seems like that should move well into Dive Bomb (it did once, when I got the timing right)...But I haven't quite mastered the pull-up timing on Sonic Boom so I just land more often than not...

Though I did find one huge bug: A lot of that nifty new content isn't actually available in the game. (Okay, they're in the chests obviously but that's basically the same thing. - Though I actually did not find the new Ghoul skins anywhere.)

Keelei
15th Mar 2016, 23:01
Nice reference. Christ, it's as if people expected a big patch to be completely perfect. Every time any patch has any flaw, it's like the imminent apocalypse in here...

No, we expect little flaws, the thing is, this is not a little flaw, this is the game being completely broken and unplayable because of issues and crashes before you even get in a match. Like it wasnt tested AT ALL

Oghamsmith
15th Mar 2016, 23:04
Thanks again for the feedback folks, please do keep it coming.

We've spent the day gathering all of the feedback that you guys have been giving us across our various forums and social channels, using it to establish reproduction steps, and have begun to dig down into the code to try and find the cause of these issues. We have a few fixes in the pipeline.

First up will likely be bringing the friends lists transfer functionality online, meaning any of your Steam friends who have signed into Nosgoth with an SEM account will automatically show up in your friends list. This fix will arrive either tomorrow or the day after. We're looking into other issues as well, although fixes for those are slightly further out.

Thanks again for you patience.

Da_Wolv
15th Mar 2016, 23:08
But Sonic Boom has proven rather nice. It does seem a bit too quiet though I've yet to be on the receiving end.

Trying to make it synergize with Dive Bomb. I mean, you're in a dive already, it seems like that should move well into Dive Bomb (it did once, when I got the timing right)...But I haven't quite mastered the pull-up timing on Sonic Boom so I just land more often than not...

WRONG!
Heres how you play Sonic Boom:
1) Equip Sonic Boom and Takeoff
2) Dive at an enemy
3) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
4) After the recovery animation has ended, turn right/left while pressing D/A.
5) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
6) Do steps 3-5 until your target is dead.
7) If you happen to land, use takeoff.
8) repeat steps 3-5 until your target is dead.

The fact you even consider Dive Bomb makes you unqualified to judge anything ever.. just saying.
This patch is attrocious, and not even because Sonic Boom is OP, but because none of the technical "improvements" improved anything. Nothing is workin. You cant find lobbies, you cant find ranked matches, you cant team up and even Private matches arent working, because the game thinks you have imaginary friends in your party and won't let you join until you get rid of them.

Add to that the unecessary change to the Square Enix Account and abandoning of Steam in favor of a broken launcher, whose quircks and downsides we already highlighted and, of course, have been completely ignored.

but hey - at least we have new chests with 0% chance of anything decent in them... so that's great!

FIX
YOUR
DAMN
GAME

SonixSquad
15th Mar 2016, 23:34
I do agree with most of the sentiments.

However I just can't believe you've taken such a massive risk with this patch. For such a small team who were scared to split the queues because "the community can't support it", you then go and do this which is likely to cost you more players.

I can understand you wanted to throw a whole bunch of content at the players and we'd appreciate it much more probably if there weren't so many bugs. But tbh, bugs are not the issue, its the lack of communication and honesty about them.

It feels like you held the patch back to fix bugs (which we mostly agreed was a good thing) then changed your minds and just let us have it bugs and all.

But what were you trying to fix that took so long and then released the game in this state?
You need to be more open about these major bugs so we can try and help replicate.

And now some initial first-day feedback on the new abilities and class.

The shotgun sounds from the BM do not sound like a weapon. As someone who uses the prophets Heavy Pistols a lot, I was expecting some similar level shotgun sound, instead it sounds like someone sneezing. It needs some low end.

I enjoyed throwing the Natures Fury thing and shooting it, that was a nice addition.

The matches have now sped up mainly because of BM hype and players trying to get to high positions as BM but then getting killed because they have no cover from their team mates. I wonder how long it will take for that novelty to wear off....

The Birdform attack ability that shoots missiles seems a bit too slow on first impression.

I had fun trying to Pounce the Birds and I think I managed to Bola a Sonic Boom Sentinel which alleviated some fears but I will have to test that some more....if I can get a match.

Ygdrasel
16th Mar 2016, 00:43
The fact you even consider Dive Bomb makes you unqualified to judge anything ever.. just saying.

I'll be sure to let you know when your opinions start to matter, you great ****. :rolleyes:

I've had an easier time finding and filling lobbies today than I have for some time.
The launcher though has always been worthless. They ought to rethink it.

But what were you trying to fix that took so long and then released the game in this state?
You need to be more open about these major bugs so we can try and help replicate.

Very true. Transparency is needed if they expect anybody in the playerbase to reliably help test their beta game.

SirSleepALot
16th Mar 2016, 09:11
Everybody is hating on the devs while I think this is more a management problem. The devs do what you tell them to do or they get kicked out. Simple.

The community liaison or manager, whatever you wish to call Oghamsmith at this time is doing his best to keep a live connection between the game and community but I guess that isn't enough. (not anything related to him, bless his soul).

It's not enough mainly because you have a majority of players who stayed with the game from its early development (don't know if I qualify but I've been mainly playing this game for over an year now, and I know people who have played it longer) and don't see the development team focusing on the stuff that can transform this into a real live, fully-functional, released game.

The other part of the community is playing along complaining about things like names, avatars, friends list, small things that are going to be fixed either way. This doesn't mean they don't care about the game, but more like they don't fully understand what are the big problems here.

Psyonix, Square Enix, you have created these opinion leaders in the community but you fail to take their feedback into consideration.
How about you take that feedback you asked for into consideration, fix what has to be fixed and then add new content to the game? Just fix the mechanics and make everyone happy.

People don't care about chests and skins when they get rekt in games because clear ability abuse.

I understand the drama since this game has brought me a lot of happy moments and I would hate to leave it behind me, but the patience (not just mine) is slowly draining out.

Vampmaster
16th Mar 2016, 10:16
It's important not to blame one department for the mistakes of another.

Marketing/Finance are to blame for the chests, not the designers.
Artists are to blame for lack of variety and lore accuracy in the skins, but not the programming bugs.
Programmers are responsible for bugs, but not the design decisions.
Designers are responsible for flaws in gameplay and balancing.
The community managers are mostly just messengers, but it is their responsibility to make sure the information they're passing on is correct.

I like having new skins and items because they keep the game interesting for me, but I don't like the fact that they obtained through random number generators or that they're so often simple recolourings of old ones or deviate too much from the source material, however I don't try to claim any of that is neither the cause or an excuse for the errors in programming or poor balancing etc.

The game had a really buggy period when the last two classes were released and although certain long term bugs remained, things did stabilise eventually and they will again. It will just take some time. Once the major features are in place, I think we'll see more fixes and balancing.

I'll reiterate my earlier sentiment though, that adding a massive change like this post-release will be a disaster because people will not want to be patient and let it all be fixed and likely never come back as they're threatening already. I implore SE not go into full release until a month after the Rahabim are out.

eldavimost
16th Mar 2016, 12:27
Hi, I will share my thoughts as well.
(TL;DR version at the end)

It seems easy to start raging and insulting but I will try to expose everything calmly and I hope all our feedback is taken into consideration.

First I have to say that not everything is bad in this patch, we even got some surprises like the new skins&shields, the loading screen, ping system 2.0, ability to select any game modes in private (I have not tried that yet)... Wohaa, I was actually impressed, it is really nice to see those additions that we (at least I) did not know they were coming. Definetively a positive point for this.

On the other hand, just when I opened the game I noticed I had no friends (I did not get scared as I had read what the people wrote in Discord and all these bugs), ok I can live with this for a week and invite them manually while it is fixed. But then I invited a friend to a party and it was almost impossible to make it work:
I invited him the first time, and he saw me in the party as level 1 (NICE! The old bug is still here), so I kicked him and invited him again... He does not receive the invitation, then he tries to invite me, I do not receive anything ... So we restart the game (closing it freezes the game, so I go to task manager and stop the process...). Then my friend invited me before my loading screen was done and I got a black screen after the loading screen... Had to restart the game again... We needed around 15min to be 2 in the party
And then, after each game we needed to restart the game and try again what I wrote on the spoiler section... Because for what I have experienced, the game creates some kind of invisible party of 8 to play the match and it does not free it/revert it to your original party afterwards. Seems like this might be the issue for some people who wrote before they were having less points in ranked - I guess the people they played with lost some games and as they are in their "invisible" party yet, they are losing points too.

I also noticed that it takes like 5min once you are in a lobby until a match starts, even if there are 8 players in the lobby. I cannot understand how this bug appeared. Also, if you get into a lobby and then get out because you are tired of waiting and want to search again, you have to restart Nosgoth, as you are now in that "invisible" party (at least for me) and it wouldn't start any other game again.

Sonic boom is quite broken right now, it should have a minimum cooldown even if you have used it for 0.2ms as suggested before; or set minimum distance/time that will be activated (maybe 1 sec, so it can be countered by scouts/whoever doing a lot of damage to the sent for using the ability, and adding the difficulty to the player to be sure he won't hit a wall during that second of using the ability). Finding the right cooldown might be difficult as a long cooldown could make the ability useless.

I have also noticed that it is a bit more difficult to hit as humans (or maybe it is me after having a week break of the game). Have the hitboxes been reduced for the bullets? If that is the case, it would be great if you could give us an explanation of why... I would suggest do not apply this to axes and bows (and I will be very sad if it applies to prophets as well :( I would say maybe only hunters deserve it)

After finishing the match I can see that the sum up page is still broken. First, just show all the pages instantly and let us switch between them clicking on the tabs; and second, why is that difficult to show there the number of points you are given/removed after the game? You must have that number in some variable somewhere and it will be applied to the number of points of that player at some point. I cannot understand what is the programming challenge of showing a number (we don't care about the animation for now), unless the hierarchy of the data structure in which you are holding that data is very ill-designed and you have problems about privacy/accessing that variable.

I have to say that many people blame developers of all of this, and yeah they have a lot to do with all these bugs. But I would say that QA is the real problem here. I would like to have the director of QA saying in public that they tested the game and they didn't find the bug of the friends not showing, neither the party system bug... I understand they they focused on BM and sonic boom bugs, and I do not doubt you guys found a lot and they were fixed by developers, but how come you did not find the bug when closing Nosgoth? You did not close it even once?
I'm talking seriously here HOW a department that is supposed to exist only for the purpouse of finding bugs does not come across these?

I am almost finishing: Daily rewards. We put our feedback some time ago in some thread, to be careful which kind of tasks we are demanded for receiving the rewards. If you could please not foment bad game play... Things like do X damage or heal for X to yourself or your teammates are good, but get X savage pounces or X backstabs are greatly recognised by the community to be bad practices. I would not mind to come across some player who is really good with those abilities, but it is very very difficult to use them in the right moment and you need specific situations on the battlefield for these to be effective. So please, reconsider putting only generic tasks or at least only abilities that are easy to have a good impact for your team (shield, hex/draining curse, bolas!, abducts, infects, charge through X people, shockwave...)

Final note: I think this is fixable, but there are some bugs that need to be priority #1, and be fixed within a week. This massive screw up it's kind of the straw that broke the camel's back; first the leagues without a break, the ranked system completely broken (I would like to know if you have applied the ladder system as we asked you to) and then all these massive bugs that affect 100% of your player base and do not allow us to even play the game...
Many people have been complaining in the forums already, and the concerning part is that they are people with more than 1,000h and ESL players, who are the ones that really know the game and care for it. However, those cries for help to fix the game are not fully addressed... Just to quote some names: xeno, HexMe, kLauE, Da_Wolv, Sasha_Vykos, Keelei, Ysanoire, Sirfy, NEYC, etc... (sorry for the people I do not include as some do not have the same name in the forum and in the game). I think you should really take seriously all they say, as they are some of the people with best knowledge of Nosgoth.

I am really looking forward to see all these bugs fixed (no, we do not care about new skins, the last vampire class or the release from beta, FIX YOUR BUGS, or otherwise no one will play a broken game), I really hope they are all gone soon... Otherwise I will end up leaving the game rather sooner or later ... last week I did not play for a whole week, whilst I have been playing this game daily (more than 45h per week) since I started playing this game with the founder's pack ... League just was not appealing enought to make me come back... We leave it in your hands, please DO THE RIGHT THING.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR: Sum up of my feedback, list of bugs sorted by priority to be fixed:
1. Party system (including ghost parties at the end of matches with all the people you have played with and seeing other members of the party as lvl 1), lobbies not filling up/long waiting times to start a game when having a full lobby, sonic boom (add a minimum time of use or increase the minimum cooldown)
2. Human hitboxes? At the very minimum vang axes should not have a smaller hitbox (I have not confirmed it is happening but just in case)
3. Daily rewards (stop promoting bad habits), end of the match page (show league points, show all pages instantly and let us switch between them)

*4. Fire the whole QA team and hire some competitive people (?). Just kidding, that will be a little harsh, but I think at the very least they owe you (AND US) an explanation of how such noticeable bugs (closing the game freezes, bugged parties, bugged lobbies) have passed unnoticed by them.

MuShYRoOM
16th Mar 2016, 13:22
I understand they they focused on BM and sonic boom bugs, and I do not doubt you guys found a lot and they were fixed by developers, but how come you did not find the bug when closing Nosgoth? You did not close it even once?

Was there ever an update in Nosgoth where you had the feeling that they tested it before rolling it out?
/sarcasm on
Why wasting few $'s for testing if the party works or if the game closes properly when u can put the money into the monthly League-PrizePool of 10.000$!! You have to set priorities!!!
/sarcasm off

I would like to have the director of QA saying in public that they tested the game and they didn't find the bug of the friends not showing, neither the party system bug...

...and then you would believe him and say "okeee ***** happens"?
There are only 2 believable answers, what the director of QA could say:

a) "Why should we test an update before rolling it out? Nosgoth is in Beta and we got a small playerbase who will test it for free"

b) "Our dev's in the testing department are incompetent and used an test environment where special nosgoth developement software was installed, which caused that the bugs didnt occur"

mongobjarne
16th Mar 2016, 15:48
I can't even get into the game. I get to "Downloading Armory" at startup and then the screen goes and stays black. The music continues, though..

Raptr0s
16th Mar 2016, 19:11
So I'm gunna give some feedback on this patch.

An Eternal league player (just once) and a frequent player, I hope I can help give you the perspective of someone who's pretty good, but not ESL level :p

Anyways...

The Beastmaster - The Scourge of the Wild

Beastmaster is certainly a unique and challenging class. Love his voice-acting and animations, he feels like he's already a seasoned warrior ready to rock and I love it.

Wish his melee wasn't the claw attack, seeing as how some of his skins don't have claws. I feel like you guys missed a good opportunity to utilize the seemingly silly blades in the butts of his shotguns. Normally, that'd be a bad idea to put a blade there, but since he doesn't shoulder the weapon, its fine. I kinda wish he'd melee with the bladed butt, giving the weapon another utilization, giving it an even more sense of usefulness and importance.

His claw attacks are neat for sure, and I like to see the humans use the claws they sometimes have, but I feel like a butt attack (;D) would be more effective, but that's just my opinion!

Also, this class feels very hit and miss. What I mean by that is...

He feels like one second he's a monster of a class and the next, nigh worthless. I tried to suspend my assumptions from my first impressions on him (since I think first impressions are silly) and ended up maining him for a night.

There were a few times where I would just get absolutely ruined. I'd go 5 and 7 with 6k damage by the end of a human round and just be ashamed. Why play him if I can run Hunter and get around 12 and 5 with 15k?

Well, here's why...

There are times where I would absolutely SHRED as BM. Oh goodness, I singlehandedly fought off 3 damaged vampires with lightning and leyline alone. Goodness, if you can get him to hit, he hit's like a goddamn truck.

Though getting him to hit is... odd...

His starter shotgun feels the strongest. It's the one I managed to do the most consistent with. Pretty good damage and somewhat low spread made this gun FEEL good. Probably the one I'll use the most.

His accurized shotgun seems to be the most handy. With relatively low damage, it's more of a support gun, kind of like the bleed pistols or the multibow. If used properly, it can do well, but it's not a solo gun by any means.

His autoshotty seems pretty decent. I haven't used it yet but a couple of my buddies bought it for a little and said they loved it, ESPECIALLY with leyline. Maximum hype.

The heavy shotgun is all risk. It can do a whopping 350 on a full hit, but it's spread is so much, it's hard to even land half of one.

The spread goes Accurized: 500 Auto and base: 1000 and then Heavy: 2000.

I'm curious if a heavy shotgun at 1500 would be too powerful. It's pellets do 35, which is matched by the accurate shotgun. They don't do 48 like his base, so I can't imagine landing more pellets more often would be too terribly op.

I mean, I've fired at near point blank targets, only to land 150 or so damage on them and it's rough, especially when it only has 4 shells in the chamber.

I feel like it needs a slight buff. a Tighter spread would be my first suggestion, but only slightly, nothing too crazy, it is a blunderbuss after all.

Either that, or give it a round or two more in the chamber. 4 just seems to unforgiving for such a high spread.

Perhaps I'm using him all wrong though.

I see him as a high-risk, high-reward type character. He can only really fight in the Vampires favorite range, since his other abilities can't reach very far. Perhaps I'm just not good enough to get him to work for me yet!

His abilities are fun to work with though.

Lets start with the base abilities

Powershot
---------------
This ability is just as good as a utility as it is a weapon. Not only does it do a solid 250, (which I think the whip should do :p) it also pushes vampires backwards. It's a little awkward in the vampire perspective, since they move backward without getting staggered, but they can be staggered if they hit a wall.

It's a great tool to keep those nasty vampires JUST out of arms reach, which allows you to get a blast or two in before they're back at you.

In my opinion, this ability is almost a necessity. I've been playing with Leyline instead, which is very, very useful, but it doesn't feel as good, moreso situational.

So...

Leyline
------------

Leyline is fun

Fun fun fun.

Its so hype to increase your rate of fire of my god have you used a SEIGEBOW DOING THIS?

You can absolutely splatter vampires with this ability, but only if you cn actually land a hit.

Its a skill-based skill. You can't just use it like powershot and get its maximum effectiveness, you've gotta track, chase and shoot to make it work for you. Definitely a tough skill to use, as of right now, it feels less useful than powershot, ESPECIALLY since you NEED a teammate within RANGE to actually activate it. Powershot can be used whenever.

Chain Lightning
-------------------

Always fun to pop off and watch it damage multiple vampires. Pretty straight forward skill, aim and activate, and the 5 second cooldown is marvelous, so marvelous sometimes I forget to keep using it because it recharges so fast! But... I'm still a bit confused on how to make it work with maximum effectiveness.

The skill says it does 150 damage per jump, so you'd imagine it'd hit 150 on the first Vampire, a solid 300 on the next, 450 on the 3rd vampire and a delicious 600 on the 4th if he's there.

But that's not the case, it'll hit 150 on each vampire. You can also cast it on your teammates however, without damage, which it can link and jump from for increased range. Essentially a long line of teammates can make this ability reach pretty far.

I've SEEN my lightning hit 300s before, but I'm not sure how it happened, so the 150 per jump IS there, just kind of obscured.

Me and my buds hypothesis it does 150 per jump on TEAMMATES only, so for every time it jumps from a human, it'll do 150 more. Not 100% on it.

Oh and it makes the shield sound upon casting, lolwhy

Please make it a strong, sharp lightning crack. Nothing too thundery, since it's fast. A sharp snap of lightning would be very satisfying.

Bomb (can't recall its name off the top of my head)
------------------------

Also a very useful skill. Haven't used it yet, but I've been caught by it many-a-times.

I really do like the midair mechanic it has, which gives it a bit of player interaction which is always good in skills.

However, it seems like it travels quite slowly and it's too easy to shoot, since the BM has pellets. Not sure if only one pellet is good enough or if it has 100hp or whatever.

Still, definitely a skill you can main with.

Threshawk
------------------

Love it. Very fun to fly around and nice to hear the screeches of flying around. The wing flap noises sound very similar, if not the same as the Sens, so some people might get confused, but if you listen closely, the Threshawk flaps at different intervals and screeches shortly after, so with a little audio training, you can keep your eyes on the ground when you hear the screech.

I've noticed a lot of people using it as a method of assault though, which almost always ends up bad. It's incredibly telegraphed and easy to counter, since any kind of staggering damage will knock you out of it.

There's a reason why swoop does little to no damage and his fire ability does only 95 per hit.

The Threshawk is a chasing mechanism. It's meant to chase those dirty wall-climbers after they just BARELY skate away with less than 100 hp.

Swoop is a good ability to knock them down for a quick shot off, and also nice to pop mid battle to get vumpers off your humin buddies. The fire ability is great for snagging those little anklebiters at low HP because you don't actually have to COME DOWN to kill them. Very useful if used properly. It definitely is NOT a good opener.

Humins don't even have openers, they don't control the flow of battle like the vumpers do.

That's about all I can think of for him now. I'm hoping I can make better use of him once I get his flow down. The only thing I really, really want from him are as follows;

A butt melee animation

A Sharp crack of lightning audio for chain lightning

and a buff for the heavy shotgun (Or better pellet registry)

Daily Challenges

Fantastic idea!

I've long awaited something else to do than level my mysterious weapons and my characters!

It really mixes up the gameplay a bit, forcing you to play a specific class sometimes for certain things, I love it.

The only issue I have with it is that it's a tad misleading.

I wasn't really sure what the heck was going on at first. My first challenge was get 5000 damage with summons.

Ok let me gush for a second...

THE SLAYER WORKS. HE ACTUALLY HITS PEOPLE CONSISTANTLY.THANK YOU PSYONIX I COULD *****IN' SMOOCH YOUR PRETTY FACE FOR YEARS.

*Ahem*

So I got my 5k damage with him and another challenge popped up. At first I didn't expect it, but wasn't upset or annoyed and decided to persue the next challenge to see what'd happen.

Get 5k score. Easy peasy no problem.

SO I got it, saw the next little bar light up, then got confused

What are those 4 bars? I'm guessing one bar for every challenge you do, and once they hit 4 you get a chest?

Well where the heck are my other two challenges?

I asked my buddies and they said they got 4 and 5 challenges, and ended up getting a chest. One of my buds only got 3 and I got 2.

So, for daily challenges, we only get a random amount per day? Still curious how it actually works...

Oh, and I'm terrified

Please for the love of god, don't make the daily chests require keys.

It'd literally kill the system for me personally.

New Sentinel Ability – Sonic Boom

I hate it.

I hate this ability so much and I'm glad I'm not the only person.

It's almost worst than skimmer Sentinels.

Why do you not have to commit to it? Why can you just keep popping it over and over for short bursts while still REMAINING IN THE AIR?

Oh don't worry you landed? Takeoff, Puncture, literally anything works.

I don't know...

I really hate how the Sentinel overlaps into the Tyrants class AND manages to be a SAFER ALTERNATIVE

It just gives people all the more reason to play Sentinel, and I'm sick of seeing two or more per match. I never fail to at least see one PER ROUND.

Goodness....

Steam Launcher

Not too fond of this, but it doesn't seem to obstruct much and might help those who don't have steam, so who am I to complain?

Ping 2.0

Definitely a nice little addition. It's small details like this that make a game.

It's the little things guys, they aren't only meant to be enjoyed in life!

League 4.0 & 5.0 In-Game Rewards

Lovely as always

Two Vanguard Shields in the Store

Gorgeous shields. The more cosmetics the better

2100 Runestone Purchase Thank You

THIS. Literally THIS.

I was JUST talking about something like this earlier to the patch.

Nosgoth would do well with some kind of loyalty reward system I said, it would really entice people to pay more.

AND you guys did it the right way. Cosmetics are my weakness (and many other peoples too) and you went the extra mile to make the loyalty skins *****IN' BEAUTIFUL and not bland and boring.

Awesome move on your part guys, I can only hope we'll see more loyalty rewards in the future.

If we do, consider me a paying customer!

Fighting for Freedom: Nosgoth & Just Cause 3

Always good to pair up and dish out neat little rewards.

Giving to the players never hurts!

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm so, SO glad to see all of these awesome skins hit the game, from exalted skins to SUMMON SKINS, everything just looks gorgeous.

The only thing I'm reluctant to try for are those exalted/marked skins.

Here's why...

I had some extra runestones yesterday and decided to buy some stuff. I ended up getting that fantastic warlord skin, and wanted to try for Firehammer (I'll get to that in a second) and a summon skin.

I ended up getting Firehammer by pure chance and a Marked Evolved Turelim Skin

I hope SO much for the Dumahim, or anything other than the Tyrant, since I JUST GOT such a gorgeous skin. It sucks I have to switch between the two!

Worse yet, if I tried for another marked, theres a chance that I'll get ANOTHER Marked Turelim! To me that's very, very disappointing.

Imagine trying to collect the exalted skins, only to get 3 Alchemists. It'd make me very upset.

I'd suggest some kind of trading system within the chests. If you get a duplicate of the really rare items or abilities, I would suggest you be able to trade it for something else

OR, if you want to keep players from PICKING what they want, at LEAST take the ability or skin out of the drops for the player, or if they get a duplicate, have it reroll for the same rarity.

Please please please implement this. It'd make me MUCH more comfortable with buying those chests. 5 bucks is a lot to lose on 3 duplicates that you can't even USE or TRADE with other players.

If a trading system between players was apparent, duplicates wouldn't be AS annoying, since you'd be able to haggle, but without it, it's just 100% bad...

Also

Why is Firehammer an Uncanny with a visual effect?

It has ONE stat increase. That's it...

Is it intentional? A bug? I'm genuinely curious...

Also, I was incredibly disappointed when I found out it didn't have a unique effect...

I had a hunch it wouldn't but as much as I love Jump attack, I was hoping for some kind of Fiery impact of sorts.

No dice...

To me, this is another case where Vampires are kind of getting the short end of the stick in the visual fx range.

Firehammer just has firehands. While the humans get glowing weapons, completely unique to eh rest of the weapons. It's not like there's a gold repeater that has only one stat and a fire fx. I would know, since I got the immortal bleed-axe, which has two stats and a unique look. Subtle, but still looks good. Don't try for the immortal weapons unless you like subtlty, since it doesn't have an effect.

Whats worse is that you have NO way of knowing that, since you can't see what stats the uniques have (which are all the same) in the chests. I imagined the

A mysterious item with Fire fx is technically better than a gold item locked behind a 5 dollar paywall. That's really, really disparaging. I figured they'd have two stats like the others before them did. A very underhanded thing to do, even if they weren't aware they were doing it. Sure enough you can't enchant them in the forge, so you're stuck with the one stat and simple fire. Besides, I have ghostly items. Why would I pick a unique if it's worse AND only has a simple fire effect?

To show off? Please...

If the chests were a little bit more transparent and a lot more forgiving for duplicates, I'd be much, MUCH more comfortable buying them, even if they're a whopping 5 buck-a-roo's for a CHANCE at rare stuff.

Please tell me the one stat on Firehammer is a mistake...

and please make it flashy.

thnx.

General Changes & Fixes

This goes without saying, fixin' stuff is always good.

The only thing is, the game feels worse off after these fixes because it seemed to break other stuff.

The party system is in even more of a mess than it was before. My friends and I tried to decipher how it worked for like two solid hours and couldn't really pinpoint why it worked sometimes and didn't others.

We even noticed that even after someone leaves your party, it replaces them with a blank space that was RENAMED from them.

Even after people leave, the game still thinks you're in a party, since you still have those blank spaces In your party.

There's no way of leaving the party or kicking the blanks either, so you just gotta restart.

Even entering a tutorial won't kick you from your blankspace party.

SO you go to restart, but the game can't even close, and crashes as soon as you try to quit...

Sheesh.

Not to mention the chance crashes the game has in the menus.

Haven't crashed in game yet, but it has in the menus like, 2 minutes after start-up...

Strange...

Regardless, the game feels borked right now and it's almost impossible to play with friends.

I hope it's fixed soon.

So, in a TL;DR
----------------------------

Beastmaster: Feels awesome, maybe I need to learn him better, heavy shotgun feels like it needs a buff, pellet reg needs some tweaking possibly.

Daily Challenges: A fantastic idea, albeit a bit misleading. Could use a bit more detail to make it easier to understand at face. Hoping to Kain himself those chests don't need keys.

New Sentinel Ability: In my OPINION, poorly thought out and just kind of, well... dumb. This will only make people want to play Sentinel more, which clearly isn't needed, and kind of makes the Tyrant feel silly now. I wouldn't even bother tweaking the ability, I'd just scrap the whole thing. But, production costs and yadda yadda...

Steam Launcher: Seems fine to me... No real opinion here.

Ping 2.0: I still have over 600

Just kidding... Seriously, the new pings are a great detail that make certain parts of the game flow a little better. +1

League Rewards: Albeit a bit late from what I've HEARD, still nice to get something unique for our efforts!

Vanguard Shields: What can I say? They look great! Variation and more cosmetics is always a +!

Loyalty rewards: Absolutely awesome move on your part Psyonix. This will certainly entice more purchases, ESPECIALLY if you switch it up here and there with a new skin or effect every now and then! Don't let this concept trail behind in the dust, I cannot stress that enough.

Just Cause 3 Skins: Who can complain about free stuff the devs put work into? Not me and I don't even have the damn game!

Skins and Chests: Lovely, LOVELY skin releases. Took me by complete surprise and I'm genuinely happy to see the volume of skins and effects in game. I can only hope for more as time goes on.

THE SLAYER WORKS PRAISE BE TO KAIN please give me a free brute skin because I stayed true to the Slayer when he needed it most and a Slaugh skin because I prayed for one in my sleep.

Chests need a little work to be more player friendly. Let the players see what they're getting statwise and implement some kind of system to prevent players from getting duplicates on EVERYTHING, or at the VERY LEAST, just the rares.

Vampire golds could be a little more flashy, rather than just having a simple effect you could get from a mysterious, especially since the Human uniques are, well... unique.

And please tell me the single stat Firehammer is a mistake. I can only hope the other gold special abilities have two
stats and not one.

Party system: Goodness just fix it please.

*phew*

I just wrote a damn book.

For anyone who took the time to hear and read my opinions, I thank you, it means a lot!

It's all I wanna do for this game, and as an avid player, I figured my viewpoints might have some weight to them and that the devs might appreciate me voicing them!

Thanks again for reading, and here's to the betterment of Nosgoth!

Cheers! *Sips on a goblet of warm blood*

mongobjarne
16th Mar 2016, 19:32
I can't even get into the game. I get to "Downloading Armory" at startup and then the screen goes and stays black. The music continues, though..

Now for some reason I get further (yay), but when trying to find a match I get "Couldn't connect to party servers" or something to that effect..

Burial_Ground
16th Mar 2016, 19:41
Day 2 after the update:

Today i played again, some normal deathmatches and 1 league match.
This all went ok until i tried another league match at night.
i reached a lobby and nothing happened. For 15 minutes i waited and then i canceled it.
After this i played two normal deathmatches and later i checked the league score again.
Once again -4 point were deducted and a extra played match was added.
So for a moment i thought that it was a overloaded server yesterday and the problems were fixed.
But no, another match with -4 penalty added to my league score.
So every time you try to connect to leagues you could reach a broken lobby that keeps searching for players.
And if you cancel it you lose -4 points.
Deathmatch is the only thing that actually is playable atm.
I managed to create a party one time today, tonight i couldn't create another one with somebody else.
i hope i get all those league penalty points back when things are eventually fixed.

Whoopdidoohah
16th Mar 2016, 20:10
WRONG!
Heres how you play Sonic Boom:
1) Equip Sonic Boom and Takeoff
2) Dive at an enemy
3) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
4) After the recovery animation has ended, turn right/left while pressing D/A.
5) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
6) Do steps 3-5 until your target is dead.
7) If you happen to land, use takeoff.
8) repeat steps 3-5 until your target is dead.

This patch is attrocious, and not even because Sonic Boom is OP, but because none of the technical "improvements" improved anything. Nothing is workin. You cant find lobbies, you cant find ranked matches, you cant team up and even Private matches arent working, because the game thinks you have imaginary friends in your party and won't let you join until you get rid of them.

Add to that the unecessary change to the Square Enix Account and abandoning of Steam in favor of a broken launcher, whose quircks and downsides we already highlighted and, of course, have been completely ignored.

but hey - at least we have new chests with 0% chance of anything decent in them... so that's great!

FIX
YOUR
DAMN
GAME

Sonic BOOM !

This post sums up why I won't bother with Nosgoth untill they hotfix Sonic Boom. Game is unfun, when all matches are 3-4 sents spamming that ****.

What a freaking lame way to introduce a new class to a greta game.

Ysanoire
16th Mar 2016, 21:18
TL;DR: Sum up of my feedback, list of bugs sorted by priority to be fixed:
1. Party system (including ghost parties at the end of matches with all the people you have played with and seeing other members of the party as lvl 1), lobbies not filling up/long waiting times to start a game when having a full lobby, sonic boom (add a minimum time of use or increase the minimum cooldown)

For me the broken parties are also no 1 annoyance right now. I want to get a friend into Nosgoth, but I honestly just cannot show him the game in this state. Plz fix asap. That and the crash on every exit from the game. Especially with how many times we have to restart to have any hope of creating a party.

Ygdrasel
16th Mar 2016, 22:43
In general, love the idea of some more unique Tyrant skins...But it kinda looks like they stole this gear from the Zephonim. Mostly in the helmet and color schemes. Doesn't really say "Tyrant" to me...

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/nosgoth/misc/com/forum/ArmoredTyrantBanner.jpg

itsRagnaros
16th Mar 2016, 23:05
Alright so the patch is nice, you guys have great ideas, definitely not perfect, but the attempt is appreciated. Now everyone needs to calm down... it's not like they won't change anything. Just give them time to see what needs to be fixed. The only thing is, please Oghamsmith, it would be nice if someone from the design team consulted some of the top players and long time players of the game. Other than that well done, I hope things get changed as soon as possible, such as increasing dmg dealt by BM, maybe nerfing the leyline at the same time, so people don't cry about BM being OP. Sentinels new ability needs to be nerfed, mechanics are really fun, reward with risk, maybe decrease dmg or stun duration when hit (but not sure if people noticed, it's pretty easy to bola the sentinel while he's coming at you => not saying it doesn't need to be nerfed).

Most importantly, stop bashing the devs... they at least released something new. Just give constructive criticism... I've been annoyed with the changes too, but there really isn't a point in bashing anyone, your comments will probably be ignored.

ParadoxicalOmen
16th Mar 2016, 23:18
Honestly i think you're exagerating, Ygdrasel:
http://cyberglade.ru/images/top_online/slaid_nosgoth_01.png

Ysanoire
16th Mar 2016, 23:48
I think it's been mentioned before but something super weird and annoying is happening with league points.

I played 4 matches today which I lost. The first one showed (-1) but I went from 800 to 779 after that game (!!!). The last one said (-14) but I actually lost 18 (!!!). Only one match deducted points as expected (-1).

Ygdrasel
17th Mar 2016, 00:11
Honestly i think you're exagerating, Ygdrasel:
http://cyberglade.ru/images/top_online/slaid_nosgoth_01.png

Didn't mean it so literally. Also had the default skin in mind, not evolved.
Deceiver previews and art used this greenish-blue kinda color that's really reminiscent of the armor, makes it seem like it was made for them but Turel's brood took it. :p
The helmet shape is somewhat reminiscent as well, open at the mouth, curves over the dome and tapers off at a peak, eyes not very visible...But I think it's mostly the color throws me off.
Given their ties to forges (via the Crucible) and the Smokestack, I think more of a reddish color would fit better for them.

It's not a big deal.

RainaAudron
17th Mar 2016, 00:54
The helmet shape is somewhat reminiscent as well, open at the mouth, curves over the dome and tapers off at a peak, eyes not very visible...But I think it's mostly the color throws me off.
Given their ties to forges (via the Crucible) and the Smokestack, I think more of a reddish color would fit better for them.
Well, Turelim clan colour is green and Zephonim have grey (which mistakenly is green on their banner in-game). I am sure they would not be restricted to their clan banner colours only though in their wear.

senjuj
17th Mar 2016, 03:51
200 rs from chest. thx psyonix. something good. :)
hah, if delete shotgun and skills from inventory and wait autodeploy then bm appears with no shotgun and skills. standard of uselessness. ;)

Vampmaster
17th Mar 2016, 08:07
Well, Turelim clan colour is green and Zephonim have grey (which mistakenly is green on their banner in-game). I am sure they would not be restricted to their clan banner colours only though in their wear.

However, it's still a little disappointing there aren't more skins that do feature the clan colours as well as certain other traits the Turelim have been known for. :whistle:

-Axon-
17th Mar 2016, 08:48
Overall the update is actually well made. Hats down to the designers who were working behind the Vanguard shields and Exalted Skin and also the Tyrant skins. Well done indeed.

And I do dare to say, that the wait was well worth. Allowing the developers to focus on the more important content of this patch - Beastmaster.

The class itself is well made and to my surprise it is also well balanced (unlike the last 2 classes before). I've been tinkering with the Beastmaster for quite some time now. And it can keep up with the other class fairly well. I haven't found any bugs that could compromise the class. However, there are few minor but bothersome bugs, that can darken your mood.

A few tweaks could be made regarding abilities. Mainly the Wrath Of The Firebird. Flying without a possability to stop while at the same time bombarding vampires makes a tedious work. You always need to have a good angle and altitude to use the ability properly but even at the right position you can't be succesful with it because the projectile speed is too slow. While in a treshawk form you're even faster than your own projectiles, it is also easy to avoid all five of them. It's either increasing AoE of it or the speed of the projectiles if not both. Second thing I'd like to point out when you use this ability, you're automatically start firing and cannot stop. After the first dive you're basically in no position to use the rest of the ability usefully. Just allow the player to shoot the projectiles whenever he wants instead of forcing him.

Sonic Boom is the silliest **** I've ever seen. The ability supposed to be high risk high reward. Yet only I see the one side of the coin - high reward. It's spammable. Hit-box is massive and it is also the most silent ability in the game, invisible deceiver's footsteps have no beef against it as well. Am not sure why you pimped the Divebomb to this level. It's a absurd. In over-all, why are you making the sentinel universal class? Feels like you're encouraging four sentinel stack. Like punctures weren't enough...

Replacing daily rewards with challanges made the game more interactive and the reward chest content is really pleasant. Am not sure why people complain about the contents of the chests which are purchased by runestones. It's how all the chests work in any game. No need to lash out at the developers because of your own rotten luck, you gambled after all.

The Beastmaster patch is well made. Am not sure how matchmaking got worse after this but I barely can find a game in ~15 mins. more or less. Always missing that one last person. A game sometimes crashes out of the blue and it rather prefers crashing/screen freezing than allowing me properly exit the game have to always close it with Task Manager.

Good work, the patch is more pleasing than dissapointing.

Because of censorship. **** in my context means fecal matter.

Vampmaster
17th Mar 2016, 10:17
While Sonic Boom can still be tweaked into a balanced ability that fits into the gameplay, it does seem like an odd choice considering the many other suggestions we made on the forum for sentinel abilities. The breath (fire/wind/other) ability, the crop duster, carpet bomb and Janos-like abilities all would not just have fit the character better (I know I reference Daniel's descriptions often, but there aren't many other original Soul Reaver devs who still discuss it), but would have been a lot more unique in function than Sonic Boom is as well. Sonic Boom is very similar to the Tyrant's charge TBH.

Da_Wolv
17th Mar 2016, 11:16
Sonic Boom is very similar to the Tyrant's charge TBH.

Incorrect, it IS the Tyrant charge, just in the air and with the animation of Dive Bomb - just without those pesky Cooldowns, or the need to plan and commit to it.

TheDreamcrusher
17th Mar 2016, 14:50
Incorrect, it IS the Tyrant charge, just in the air and with the animation of Dive Bomb - just without those pesky Cooldowns, or the need to plan and commit to it.

My thoughts on that.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187150&p=2204503#post2204503

Sasha_Vykos
17th Mar 2016, 18:16
you even changed the points system at the end of the matches.. now its just the sum of the 1st and the 2nd half while it always been different. No patch note about it?

ButtCrusher
17th Mar 2016, 21:21
Thank you, great work done. Beastmaster is awesome! Nice new tyrant skin, got it. Half of game broken, hope hotfix coming =)