PDA

View Full Version : PETITION FOR RED BLOOD DECALS & MORE BLOOD-SIGN HERE

itsroro
14th Mar 2016, 14:45
Perplexed at the fact that IOI have decided for the blood decals on bodies to be black,and for there to be very little blood splatter. Let's generate some attention in the hopes of getting this system restored to how it was in Absolution. It was perfect. The current system is so tonally inconsistent with everything Hitman is.

Tickle_Monster
14th Mar 2016, 15:29
There has been a lot of call for blood splatter up the walls just like in Blood Money right here in the forum. But Io Interactive won't listen to any of it. They claim they are listening to people and add what the fans want, but they obviously don't listen. So it all falls on deaf ears i'm affraid.

itsroro
14th Mar 2016, 15:48
I'm sure they are seeing these posts and are very busy...I just hope that our feedback is acknowledged. I paid for the Full Experience, so should get full support. To IOI: I have supported your organization ever since Codename 47, like many others, so PLEASE hear our feedback. I still have faith in your team and I understand that there are challenges when releasing a game. Please, this is only a cosmetic change (the blood decals on bodies and walls). You had it for Absolution, so WHY REMOVE WHAT ALREADY WORKED???? I do not intend to insult the creative direction taken for the game, but come on...BLACK...BLOOD...I have literally never seen this anywhere besides Shadow of Mordor, where the enemies you were facing were non-human. The game is rated M already. It is about assassinations. We are supposed to be entering a "World of Assassination", with blood. I don't know what needs to be done to convince your team to implement this change, but I will keep trying until we get an answer. Hitman means a lot to gaming, please do not disregard this constructive criticism and please deliver on your promise of creating a constantly evolving game that can be modified quickly and easily. With black blood I don't feel like 47. I don't feel that any of the wounding has any weight to it, or any meaningful impact. If this is truly a world of assassination, I implore you at IOI to hear me and those who agree with me.

Hashbuble
14th Mar 2016, 16:21
I would definitely sign this petition. Hashbuble

nucledocro
14th Mar 2016, 17:11
Yes this needs to be patched!

Tickle_Monster
14th Mar 2016, 18:14
The problem is there is just so much wrong with the game that it won't be possible for them to patch everything and listen to most people. I think this is why they are doign what they want and ignoring everyone.

Since 2012's Absolution fans across the world were saying that they wanted 10 to 15 Blood Money type levels on a disc and that was it. Io Interactive clearly hasn;t listend to those fans.

At the same time petitions were started to get Jesper Kyd back to do the soundtrack. Many thousands of people signed those petitions. Io Interactive didn't listen to those people or their petiotins either as Jesper Kyd has publicly said that Io never aksed him back and that he didn't even know why.

If they don't listen to so many fans around the world on big issues like this. The chances of getting blood splatter like in Blood Money is pretty slim to none.

itsroro
14th Mar 2016, 18:26
I really hope that this isn't the case...changing the colour of the blood decals seem like a minor cosmetic change to me. Even if they do not add more splatter, at least they can make the wounds red coloured. I am so interested to hear the reasoning behind this decision. I tweeted to @Hitman about this and this is what went down:

Rohan Singh ‏@itsroro89 ยท 17h17 hours ago

@Hitman Hi playing on PS4, should the blood decals on bodies be showing up black? Any chance this could be patched to be red?

@itsroro89 There's no problem with the game, that's how it was intended. We'll pass your feedback onto the team and see what they say.

@Hitman Thanks! Would really complete the experience and allow the team to achieve their stated goal of creating the best hitman possible

itsroro
14th Mar 2016, 19:59
Come on 103 views and only 6 posts? Come on people!!!!!

adamantiumhip
14th Mar 2016, 20:01
Focus on fixing offline first

Hashbuble
14th Mar 2016, 22:59
We also need to start a weapon wheel petition. Please refer to this- http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=187071

TotalBrutal51
14th Mar 2016, 23:34
I not sure I agree with petition on every detail IO should change, but i do agree with the fact that the blood splatter and color is really not satisfying.

I think the best way to solve this could be to add a new setting in the graphics menu :
Blood - Original ( the black one with almost no splatter )
- Old school ( red and very gory with a lot of splatter )

SeanRubin666
15th Mar 2016, 01:44
Yes. Give us blood IOI. Make it a bloodbath.

SilentAssassinC7
15th Mar 2016, 08:19
I not sure I agree with petition on every detail IO should change, but i do agree with the fact that the blood splatter and color is really not satisfying.

I think the best way to solve this could be to add a new setting in the graphics menu :
Blood - Original ( the black one with almost no splatter )
- Old school ( red and very gory with a lot of splatter )

I agree with this. And since people are adding things there should be an option to move the camera closer to 47 ala absolution. It feels like it is much too far away a lot of the time. I am constantly holding L2 in to keep the camera in tight but unfortunately that mutes a lot of the sound as a sort of audio instinct I guess and you cant holster/unholster weapons while holding L2.

Restlichgeist
15th Mar 2016, 16:18
It seems they've changed the blood. I didn't really pay attention to the blood until last night, after the patch, but I am definitely getting splatter, as well as pools of RED blood in the Paris mission. I'm playing on PC. Can someone confirm whether it's been changed? I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I don't personally see anything wrong with the way it is now. I mean, there's enough blood and it is clearly red.

itsroro
15th Mar 2016, 16:53
When you shoot someone, the wound that appears on them is black. Also, instead of blood when the bullet makes impact, dust appears instead, with a faint red powder at times but not always. When using stabbing weapons, there are no wounds that appear. They appeared in Absolution, which added a solid, impactful feel to the combat. This game should have been rated T, especially with that cheesy, Goosebumps grade soundtrack that starts whenever the action ramps up. Sounds like it was made on a kid's toy keyboard. We have been fooled by an amazing marketing campaign, and instead of getting a finished product, we have paid to be beta testers. Nice business model, but embarrassingly sad approach to satisfying fans (who are the real ones responsible for allowing another Hitman to be made). Don't know what else to say...

Restlichgeist
15th Mar 2016, 19:39
When using stabbing weapons, there are no wounds that appear.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/306614915202676827/6FE49822203F7ABE940AFCCD649D1504C74C93CA/

itsroro
16th Mar 2016, 14:01
I'm on PS4, and haven't been able to find the wounds...and it's so inconsistent that that wound that you've posted is reddish, but when you shoot someone the wound is pitch black. Some would argue that this is only a small issue, but for me it's extremely disappointing as this is the next game in a series and there shouldn't be regression. Absolution's damage system was amazing. Why change it? Nice find though...

Groovyman33
17th Mar 2016, 01:12
THANK YOU ITSRORO!!!! I am not the only one. There is NO BLOOD therefore they F**ked up the game. I cannot play another second of this game seeing and knowing there is no blood. ITS SO STUPID. WE want blood and pools for body shots as well. RED blood decals as bullet holes like it should be. It is such BULLS**T and I HATE IO INTERACTIVE FOR THIS. I will not play anymore of this game until they fix this issue. As a hardcore hitman fan I'm truly disappointed. Lets get our blood back. If not I'm never buying another eidos / io interactive product again. People bleed more from the chest and in this game there is no blood pools or bullet holes for anywhere on the body and it feels like I'm shooting DOLLS. They better fix this because I'm PISSED SO SO F***ING PISSED. I'm infuriated.

Groovyman33
17th Mar 2016, 01:20
SUCH CRAP there is NO BLOOD except for headshots but that's so dumb that theres no where else on the body. IO INTERACTIVE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU FIX THIS ISSUE its such a low blow to us. YOU GUYS MESSED UP THIS GAME WHEN YOU DEVELOPED IT THERE IS NO EXCUSE. I HAVE PS4 and I noticed this from day ONE!!!!!!

Groovyman33
17th Mar 2016, 01:24
TERRIBLE NO BLOOD TERRIBLE YOUR RIGHT

Groovyman33
17th Mar 2016, 01:47
They need to fix this PROMPTLY!!!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! PUT THE DAMN BLOOD IN THERE and NOT only for headshots but also for the rest of the body and make the DAMN BULLETHOLES RED RED RED RED NOT FU**ING BLACK!!!!!!

Groovyman33
17th Mar 2016, 01:52
The game is flawed as it is but I let a lot of things pass BUT not the LACK OF BLOOD THATS wrong to all of us fans. Get your heads outta your A**ES and patch that up ASAP or you IO INTERACTIVE will lose fans and they WILL LOSE!!!!

itsroro
17th Mar 2016, 13:44
Please IOI, these guys could do it, so can you. I believe in you! Do the right thing!

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/rainbow_six_siege/news/rainbow_six_siege_update_improves_tick_rate_fixes_blood_colour_kicks_team-killers.html

Jaydayokay
17th Mar 2016, 15:57
This game felt pretty unfinished when they released it, personally I don't mind this I'm just happy they released it on time so we can play. But like I said it feels unfinished, they might still add things currently missing in the game before the next chapter.

itsroro
17th Mar 2016, 16:08
That's what I'm hoping, although I hope these issues are resolved BEFORE the next episode. I'm a huge Hitman fan and I just can't bring myself to play it in its current state, not to mention the server issues...

itsroro
18th Mar 2016, 14:34
PLEASE IOI, LOOK AT THIS TOO: http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/poll-should-hitman-have-more-blood/5209

TwistedChrome
20th Mar 2016, 22:35
Please, please make the blood red. This is not a sci-fi game, it's a grounded assassination simulator. You already took away my preorder bonuses, now you've made every npc an alien filled with onyx liquid. I'm commenting all over the internet defending this game and the distribution model and will continue to, but I need to be cut some slack here! Make the blood red and give me back my preorder bonuses. Thank you.

itsroro
31st Mar 2016, 14:17
We need to keep this active to incite change! Please IO-I, please. What must we do to convince you on this point. I don't know what else to do but beg. Please!!!!! At least give us some acknowledgement that this is being discussed! Please! I will be all over the internet endorsing this game if our cries for change are heard! I want to love this it is a dear franchise from my youth but it is lacking red blood!!!! It feels off!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a child who isn't getting their way and has resorted to begging!!!!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

doom-generation
31st Mar 2016, 15:03
Okay, first of all, stop shouting. It doesn't help your case in any way.

Secondly, clearly a lot of people are unhappy with the lack of blood/colour of the blood, however, I don't think it's an oversight or a mistake on their part, but a deliberate, stylistic decision. Remember, this game is supposed to be a spy-thriller, and spy-thrillers don't tend to be that bloody. Obviously they have a very specific vision in mind for the tone of this game, and the minimal amount of blood may well be part of evoking that tone.

Just sayin'.

(gets behind protective shield)

itsroro
31st Mar 2016, 15:08
Just want to be heard and after all, it's just text, not shouting. I clearly feel pretty strongly about this. A spy thriller that revolves around assassination and finding different ways to eliminate targets should have red blood, it's very simple. The only protective shield I see is the one that you are putting up around IO-I.

doom-generation
31st Mar 2016, 15:31
Just want to be heard and after all, it's just text, not shouting. I clearly feel pretty strongly about this. A spy thriller that revolves around assassination and finding different ways to eliminate targets should have red blood, it's very simple. The only protective shield I see is the one that you are putting up around IO-I.

It is generally accepted that typing in all caps is considered shouting. I meant more for the amount than the colour. I just don't see a huge problem to be honest, I never played Hitman for the gore, but that's just me.

itsroro
31st Mar 2016, 15:55
Fair enough on the caps. My intention was merely to increase the visual potency of the title/messages. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but to me the little details are often the most important. I would be perfectly content with NO increase in the AMOUNT of blood but a change in the COLOUR of the blood decals (bullet holes) when people are shot (pardon the caps). Take the "Legacy Cinematic" cutscene for example: Although it is pre-rendered and not in-game, when the target is shot through the mirror, the bullet hole in his head is red. If the black blood/ bullet holes were a stylistic decision, why not maintain uniformity? Hitman= choice, weapons, satisfying kills. Sorry, that's just what it is. How happy would you be if the latest installment of your favourite long running franchise got rid of/changed something as basic, yet integral as this? As one user put it, it feels like we are fighting aliens, with squid ink for blood. It's like taking the car explosion fire from GTA and making it pink as a stylistic choice. Makes no sense.

jimbianco
31st Mar 2016, 18:49
The blood in this game is embarrassingly bad. I'm no gore freak, but come on. Just go back and look at Blood Money. PERFECT! Purple squid ink ??!!! I'm on ps4, by the way.