PDA

View Full Version : Save game options ..........

Aeternus
3rd Jul 2002, 16:48
I know they are allowing ingame saves :mad: If they do, is it gonna be a save syst a la soldier of fortune, where you only get "x" saves per level? The non save option in the first Hitman wasnt much of a burden to me, if it had not been for the bugs. I would just hate using the save option in Hitman2 and do the typical kill one guy save, kill another save again,.... The non save adds more adrenaline to the game, just my 2 cents. Unless the levels are so huge that you would have a mandatory in game checkpoint save ?

Zaphod
3rd Jul 2002, 17:22
I don't think it's anything as artificial as that. We don't know for sure yet, but I think the conventional wisdom is that you'll be able to save whenever you want, like most shooters.

Saba
3rd Jul 2002, 18:47
You don't have to use the save game option just because it's available. For example, if you select a higher difficulty you won't be able to save your game... The main reason the save game function was included in Hitman 2 was for beginners, and gamers of a skill level not advanced enough to be able to make it through the mission without a few saves.

Not all people are at the skill level to beat a mission in Hitman the first few tries, without a save, and that's why the lack of such an option caused such outrage. The save game option was included only for the less advanced users who will likely need it to play. More advanced users can do without it.

The important thing is that they gave us the choice of whether or not we want to save. In choosing to leave one out, they thought they would create the tension and adrenaline you've enjoyed, not the frustration less experience gamers underwent. Now, they leave that choice to you, Aeternus. Will you use the save function or not? It's your choice.

Aeternus
3rd Jul 2002, 19:42
Guess we will have to wait and see how the game plays out. At least, it should make most of us happy, just hope that it will be not as buggy as the first Hitman.

Saba
3rd Jul 2002, 20:00
It better not be!

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
6th Jul 2002, 12:24
Originally posted by Aeternus
Guess we will have to wait and see how the game plays out. At least, it should make most of us happy, just hope that it will be not as buggy as the first Hitman.

Trust me......it won't be buggy at all.
minor bugs here and there perhaps.........but nothing more.
the game was supposed to be released in may i think......and it was done except for the HUGE bugs here and there........so i guess they can fix most of the major bugs in these months that they have been working on it.
and if not......then buhu =(

Aeternus
6th Jul 2002, 21:57
I trust the guys at IO, as mentioned in an earlier post, I suspect the game got delayed so XBox ver. would come out at the same time .... is mr Gates at it again?

Saba
8th Jul 2002, 01:22
There must have been some tremendous glitches for IO to have postponed the release almost six months, to Sept 3. Either that, or Aeternus's conspiracy theories may be true... God, I hope not. If Big Bill had a hand in this, I'd like to take him down Hitman-style, right now, with a fiber wire. I've always admired the guy and his company... But this?

Seriously, I don't really think it's possible. IOI had planned the release of Hitman on XBOX for around May, so if Aeternus's theory were true, Hitman 2 should have been released by now. Even then, Hitman 2 was not the sort of game that would lead hundreds, if not thousands, of gamers to throng to the stores and buy XBOXs just so that they could play Hitman, even though that's the way it should be.

Zaphod
8th Jul 2002, 01:38
Originally posted by Aeternus
I suspect the game got delayed so XBox ver. would come out at the same time .... is mr Gates at it again? My Anonymous Inside Sources tell me that there's no truth to this at all. The game simply needed more development time. XBox release had nothing to do with it.

Besides, most sales figures show that when a game is being released for both a console and PC, companies do better to stagger their release, to let word-of-mouth drum up more business.

ICEBreaker
8th Jul 2002, 04:37
The reason is because of Mr Page, not Mr Gates...

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
8th Jul 2002, 10:28
Silent Assasin Had some major graphicla glitches and bugs when they planned to realease it in may.
i.e. walking through some walls, falling down UNDER the map etc.
plus...all the cinematics and things like that weren't finished yet. as well as the weapons and a whole lot of other stuff.
So i don't think Mr.Gates had anything to do with this.........This time

Aeternus
8th Jul 2002, 20:44
Fair enough, guess we will just have to be patient and wait until Sept.

Saba
8th Jul 2002, 21:46
Sept. 2006. Let's start waiting for the game to be released late. That way, like I've said before, we can be all happy and gleeful that the game's been released early, by our release date.