PDA

View Full Version : Dumbed down wounding system..

Deltabluzer
13th Mar 2016, 16:12
In the beta, the npc wounding system was far more advanced/realistic. They would fall and remain on the ground for a time when shot in the leg or torso. Now they either die instantly or fall down only to instantly jump back up and run away! WTH!? Why change this? Unbelievable.

Please consider changing it back..

Valenka
13th Mar 2016, 16:15
I never noticed that until you mentioned it. I ran through the palace and shot a guard. He fell over and I thought he was down and as I was about to climb out of the window, he was standing up again, shooting at me, as if nothing happened to him. In the beta, the NPC would stay down long enough for you to put a good bit of distance between you and them. Not sure why they changed that.

Deltabluzer
13th Mar 2016, 22:45
I never noticed that until you mentioned it. I ran through the palace and shot a guard. He fell over and I thought he was down and as I was about to climb out of the window, he was standing up again, shooting at me, as if nothing happened to him. In the beta, the NPC would stay down long enough for you to put a good bit of distance between you and them. Not sure why they changed that.
Yeah it completely kills the immersion for me. Gotta say this has really ticked me off as I was looking forward to incapacitating targets/witnesses. So that's another awesome new feature gone now for no good reason..

Valenka
13th Mar 2016, 22:52
Yeah it completely kills the immersion for me. Gotta say this has really ticked me off as I was looking forward to incapacitating targets/witnesses. So that's another awesome new feature gone now for no good reason..

Well, there's always time for them to add it before the next episode. :)

Heckler-Koch
14th Mar 2016, 06:44
How about the fact that you can shoot someone straight in the middle of the chest with sniper rifle (which looks to be pretty high caliber btw) and they don't die? Heck they don't even fall down, they just act like they recieved a mild punch from a fist.... see now that is ridiculous.

I shot Novakov 3 freaking times with the sniper rifle before he died, all of them in the chest.... (yes I know, aim for the head, I did that the first 10 times too, but wanted to see what happened if I shot him straight in the heart/central spine area)

Apparently guns in Hitman are less powerful than a fist punch -.-

Immadummee
14th Mar 2016, 10:33
Wow. Are you guys serious? I think the best way to get this addressed is to tweet square enix + IO I.

I didn't buy the game just yet. Cuz I bought Alekhine gun and so when I finish this, I'll jump right into Hitman with the next episode ready to go. But until then, this needs to be addressed. Not cool.

Any idea when the next episode will be out? Is it every month on Friday that the 11th fell on?

Deltabluzer
14th Mar 2016, 13:39
How about the fact that you can shoot someone straight in the middle of the chest with sniper rifle (which looks to be pretty high caliber btw) and they don't die? Heck they don't even fall down, they just act like they recieved a mild punch from a fist.... see now that is ridiculous.

I shot Novakov 3 freaking times with the sniper rifle before he died, all of them in the chest.... (yes I know, aim for the head, I did that the first 10 times too, but wanted to see what happened if I shot him straight in the heart/central spine area)

Apparently guns in Hitman are less powerful than a fist punch -.-
Yup that's another good point, the gun damage needs tweaking, but had the old wounding system been left intact at least the target might appear severely wounded in the situation you described. Still not acceptable though I agree.

@Immadummee - I don't use twitter myself, but for those that do I think it would definitely be worth a shot. I'm hoping that if enough noise is made (here and elsewhere) they will at least look into it.

Heckler-Koch
14th Mar 2016, 19:40
They definitely need to rework the weapon damage, as well as the physical damage we see.

Also never understood why they moved to fantasy weapons instead of keeping real weapon types like in blood money...

Ugh... really hope they listen to this...

MolonLave
14th Mar 2016, 20:22
In the beta, the npc wounding system was far more advanced/realistic. They would fall and remain on the ground for a time when shot in the leg or torso. Now they either die instantly or fall down only to instantly jump back up and run away! WTH!? Why change this? Unbelievable.

Please consider changing it back..

Yeah I've been vocalizing this for awhile too.