PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving it - THANKS so much I.O.

dr_syn76
13th Mar 2016, 13:19
Yes, you read that correctly: A Thank you thread :D

HITMAN was the game that convinced me to finally buy into the new generation of consoles because I loved the previous titles so much. I went straight out and purchased the special edition and then winced as I read some of the comments on here. Been playing it for the last 4 hours and wondering if I'm playing the same game as others, as first impressions are VERY positive. Combines the better mechanics of Absolution with the hit centric approach of blood money.

I'm sure it's not perfect and that a few bugs will reveal themselves with exposure, but the bottom line is: thus far this is the closest thing yet to the realisation of the massive potential of the hitman concept and I am *really* enjoying it.

So can I, for one, distance myself from the petulant Internet, I believe the expression is: "butt hurt" that seems to be so pervasive on this forum and say how much I'm looking forward to seeing this game develop.

Thank you for your efforts IO and do keep up the good work; it is appreciated.

Now if you'll excuse me ...... "I need to use the bathroom" ;)

Tobias Reaper.

Restlichgeist
13th Mar 2016, 13:44
So can I, for one, distance myself from the petulant Internet, I believe the expression is: "butt hurt" that seems to be so pervasive on this forum and say how much I'm looking forward to seeing this game develop.

Sure, you can distance yourself from it. It's nice to see that you haven't run into problems, but a lot of ther people have, and it's ridiculous to dismiss those legitimate problems that exist in the game as "butt hurt". There are a lot of bugs in the game, and there are things that could work better than they do now. See, the reason people are talking about the problems is because they are also looking forward to seeing the game develop, and the game can't develop unless people point out the problems and the developers are willing to work on those problems.

dr_syn76
13th Mar 2016, 14:01
Constructive criticism, politely and intelligently articulated is one thing and very welcome in the development of the game.

Obnoxious, self-important, "throwing the toys out of the pram and the baby out with the bath water" rants are much less so.

Genuinely surprised at the proportion of the latter that goes on here.

ThingyGuyDude
13th Mar 2016, 14:35
People who like the game, are busy playing the game, so usually you rarely see praise in Forums. Having said that, I've put in loads of hours already and I'm loving the game. Is it perfect - no. But I can't think of a game that is. I'm having a great time with it, and I'm hoping the rest of the Eps will be just as good, if not better! So thanks! :) :thumb::thumb: