PDA

View Full Version : Iris..How long did it take u?

Solaris
3rd Jul 2002, 15:18
Chronicles the Iris........

Took me soo long..

*m*
3rd Jul 2002, 16:43
I think I still have a twitch in my eye from trying to get that Iris!!

Grrr!!!!!

Actually it's easier for me now that I've discovered the bug ;)

Kurtis Trent
3rd Jul 2002, 17:31
im not there yet. im still on the 13th floor. I just got done with the clorafoam thing. That was cool!!!!;) :D

Chronicles5
3rd Jul 2002, 18:11
Originally posted by *m*
Actually it's easier for me now that I've discovered the bug ;)

what bug?

:cool: I thought the Iris puzzle was easy, all you had to do was pull the switch, run through the door (I usually do a cool twist backflip off the railing :cool: ) then run through, up the ramp, and grab it. (The hard part was remembering which direction to go at the bottom of the ramps :mad: )

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 18:21
It took me just a couple of tries the first time I played it.

lol There was this one time where I didn't make it down there in time before the laser things came back on. So I just went up to it and I was wondering what happens when she goes through it. "Now I wonder what'll happen....................Oh, now that's interesting......" :D

LARAMANIAC
3rd Jul 2002, 21:49
That was such a difficult run - but the thing I love about difficult runs is the feeling I get when I CONQUER them!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha:p

Prelude
4th Jul 2002, 00:22
Mmm difficult one, I think you needed more options in your poll. I would have to vote all of them, becos I had a couple of goes at it, then lost my temper and threw controller at the TV, then I went away for a few days and come back and did it straight way! :D

Raider of relics
5th Jul 2002, 11:03
I got it the second try

Raider Sunrise
6th Jul 2002, 16:14
Well, it wasn't that difficult... I found out how many seconds I got first (I am a professional :D) then started trying. It didn't take me long...

the_internet_king
6th Jul 2002, 21:18
when i firs got 2 the bit i didnt no wot 2 do , wen i realised it took me quite a long time i eventually did it becoz wen i pulled the button the eletric stayed off 4 about 5 minutes but then i went out of the door and could hear it again!!!???

Solaris
6th Jul 2002, 21:56
Actually now that i am playing the 13th floor for the second time i noticed something....

Well i pressed the switch and i watched the iris (i was angry couldnt get first mmm 5,6 tries) and i saw that it turns on for 2 seconds and it turns back off! So i took advantage and i went down and got it!!

I am so happy!!:D

DKSM
6th Jul 2002, 22:44
The bug is that once you pull the switch, you go to the window, crawl and press control and you will grab the floor then let go and you drop to the iris room, giving you ample time to grab the Iris.

AOD510123
8th Jul 2002, 03:56
It took me a while like three or four times then I finally got the hang of it.

*m*
8th Jul 2002, 19:43
Originally posted by DKSM
The bug is that once you pull the switch, you go to the window, crawl and press control and you will grab the floor then let go and you drop to the iris room, giving you ample time to grab the Iris.

Yeah, that's the bug. This part used to drive me batty until I read about this somewhere (can't remember where...maybe Stella's?) and now I use it whenever I play the game. I know it's cheating but that's better than having a Dreamcast console permanently embedded in your TV screen because I threw it there out of frustration!
:p

Jewell
1st Jan 2004, 22:08
I wish I'd known about that bug back when I played Chronicles. After about the third try, I stopped and counted the seconds I had- then made a run for it. Got on the fourth try.
I think I had the most trouble dispatching that guard where the turret deploys the second it sees you. I finally just ran and went around the corner, then shot the guard... :cool: