PDA

View Full Version : An unfinished piece of a game. Wait for the full version.

JimC22
12th Mar 2016, 14:18
I am not necessarily opposed to an episodic release format, but this isn't a finished piece, which bodes badly for subsequent episodes. This looks nice, but there are multiple issues, and you should be certain that these don't bother you before you part with your cash. Some things I enjoyed, but this is a bit like buying a meal and finding out that it doesn't come with any sauce and then hoping that the next course won't feel incomplete.

1. Holstering animations are poor or almost missing
2. No real variation in garrotte and shooting is clunky and unresponsive, even compared to Silent Assassin or Contracts.
3. Triggering is very irritating. It's not a living world by any means and you have to move into proximity to start sequences.
4. Nice silver lines surround characters sometimes. Finished product?
5. Disguise change animations are incomplete or unconvincing
6. Server dropping out. Always online is a terrible idea.
7. Audio is often problematic
8. Slowdown- crowding.
9. It's nice having crowds, but these levels are overdoing it for no real reason.
10. No named ratings (COME ON!), just Fleur de Lys system which grates
11. This game is getting murdered on Steam- I'm unimpressed, but some of the issues may affect PC users, so have a look if this is you.
12. Blood kinda missing.
13. This is a beta (demo) for a level, if we're honest.
14. THE LOADING TIMES ARE PAINFUL.

These are my opinions, of course, and you may feel differently. If you pay full price, you are going ON FAITH that any of these problems get fixed, and even that the subsequent levels are of a similar size. Personally, if I had waited to see other people's reviews, I would not have bought the full version and waited until there's a whole game, mainly to see if issues get addressed. Oh, the atmosphere is more 'Bond' or 'super spy' than any other Hitman game.

alfredojpacino
12th Mar 2016, 14:39
Mmm.. yes, all of these are things that i hope they will fix.. Even the soundtrack is really annoying, too much James Bond yeah, i miss the Hitman Contracts soundtrack..

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 14:48
Even the soundtrack is really annoying, too much James Bond

No such thing.

JimC22
12th Mar 2016, 14:55
The problem being that there's absolutely no guarantee that they will fix any of these issues. They've got the money in advance for a very rough-around-the-edges part of a whole that we don't know about yet. I feel rather stupid to have parted with 60 dollars in retrospect. It just makes me unwilling to give them any cash in future until there is at least half a game. Even when the thing's done, it's only six levels long, apparently. I thought there'd be multiple bits to each level, like the other games. Very underwhelmed.

NickWitucki
12th Mar 2016, 15:30
The problem being that there's absolutely no guarantee that they will fix any of these issues. They've got the money in advance for a very rough-around-the-edges part of a whole that we don't know about yet. I feel rather stupid to have parted with 60 dollars in retrospect. It just makes me unwilling to give them any cash in future until there is at least half a game. Even when the thing's done, it's only six levels long, apparently. I thought there'd be multiple bits to each level, like the other games. Very underwhelmed.

I am enjoying the game, but requiring an internet connection for something as simple as getting a rating is absolute BS. Either they change this or this will be the last SE title I ever purchase and I suggest you do the same. Requiring an online connection to a publishers servers for single player content must stop.

nighterhunterwo1f
12th Mar 2016, 18:58
so ur game has the prologs and just one mission as well

JimC22
13th Mar 2016, 08:43
That's all it is supposed to have.