PDA

View Full Version : Reflections still cause huge framerate drops, PLEASE FIX THIS.

Restlichgeist
12th Mar 2016, 14:17
I reported this problem in the Beta, and am very disappointed to see that my findings were completely ignored.

Reflections still cause huge framerate drops. Changing any of the graphics settings doesn't help at all. This is very frustrating because besides this issue, I am getting a steady 60 FPS at almost Ultra level graphics.

The mirror in the toilet where you're supposed to drag the mechanic in the beginning of the yacht level brings the steady 60 FPS framerate to a stuttering 20 FPS or so. The same happens in the yacht bar, and when viewing any mirror through a window from OUTSIDE THE ROOM in the Final Test level, but *not* when INSIDE THE ROOM.

PLEASE, either do something to correct this issue, or make it possible to turn off reflections.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to let something as trivial as reflections have such a detrimental effect on performance, and I really don't understand how this could be the case.

PC specs:

Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.80GHz
8GB 1600MHz RAM
ATI AMD Radeon R9 280X