PDA

View Full Version : Bought this game because I love the franchise, but...

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:14
It absolutely won't let me play offline - and by offline, I mean when the Hitman server fails. I just got kicked out of an awesome rampage, reset my ps4, tried to get back in only to learn that "You have to go online before you can load this save."

You bellends. You nasty, smegmatic bellends.

YungSpaceWalrus
12th Mar 2016, 01:16
You can play offline, just set the game to offline.

You won't be able to earn challenges though, which is a stupid decision.

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 01:19
You might as well hold off until they fix the servers. You'll have to do the same things over again just to earn the credit for completing them.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:20
You can play offline, just set the game to offline.

You won't be able to earn challenges though, which is a stupid decision.

As stated, I can't load my game. Verbatim and in toto, "You have to go online before you can load this save. Try to connect?"

Edit: I can't be bothered to upload a screenshot of what I have exactly quoted. Please trust that I am quoting the crap verbatim.

Edit 2: What pathetic English. I was online hours before I loaded this save. Seriously, the writing in this game is !@$!ing terrible. Square Enix should try hiring native English speakers to write their text.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:22
You might as well hold off until they fix the servers. You'll have to do the same things over again just to earn the credit for completing them.

Seems to be right. Every save game i loaded lost all of my feats. I've been playing around that, but what the !@#$!

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 01:24
Seems to be right. Every save game i loaded lost all of my feats. I've been playing around that, but what the !@#$!

Tell me about it. I would have mastered the Paris episode by now if progress was being recorded properly. Absolutely unreal.

YungSpaceWalrus
12th Mar 2016, 01:25
Yeah I know what you are saying.

The game keeps seperate saves for OFFLINE and ONLINE,

You can't play offline saves online for example. And you can't play online saves offline.

You can still play the game offline if you start the mission again, it's annoying I know. A stupid decision by the devs.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:33
Tell me about it. I would have mastered the Paris episode by now if progress was being recorded properly. Absolutely unreal.

I've gone through the initial several times - and not just because there are several ways to kill the mark. I load a game in which i have the rat poison in my inventory, yet I don't have the appropriate feat. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but ... YEARGH!@$ I've been a fan of this franchise since its non-savegame-having debut. This is just infuriating. I wonder if it's actually a bug or just as illusory a savegame as some other **** games have had. I'm praying for the former.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:34
Yeah I know what you are saying.

The game keeps seperate saves for OFFLINE and ONLINE,

You can't play offline saves online for example. And you can't play online saves offline.

You can still play the game offline if you start the mission again, it's annoying I know. A stupid decision by the devs.

Nah; there are "auto saves" and "manual saves" - though what you say about them being inextricably linked to an internet account seems to make sense now!

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 01:39
Servers are up as of now... for now... FFS, day one and this nonsense...

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 01:42
Today speaks volumes on what we can expect in the future.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 03:41
Today speaks volumes on what we can expect in the future.

I don't know if i'd be that harsh, but this is a weak gameday showing regardless. It came back on, to be sure, but then...

Aaaand, they're down again. While playing: "You have been disconnected from the HITMAN(TM) server. Failed (server error) to communicate with the HITMAN (TM) server. You will be returned to the menu where you can try to reconnect and load your latest save game or auto save."

Where I can try? Where *I* can try? This is bull#@@%

JVAprive
12th Mar 2016, 05:46
Same problem here, They messed up big time... Feels like they only care about our money... But If they keep doing this they won't be able to get my money for no other game in the future.

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 08:17
Same problem here, They messed up big time... Feels like they only care about our money... But If they keep doing this they won't be able to get my money for no other game in the future.

I've worked in software development for almost this entire calendar century, and although I can only be so harsh... this is beyond the pale. I'd rather the developers had taken a couple extra sprints, but they were probably at a couple of extra sprints already... assuming they use agile methodology or something comparable...

It's not an unhandled exception, but it is an underhanded one. :mad:

oferphuxake
12th Mar 2016, 15:03
Can't play the game because the servers are down. Can't play it whatsoever; all my saved games are being held hostage by this hideous monstrosity.

Please remind me why a single player campaign REQUIRES a connection to some server somewhere. Whose bright idea was this, and to what echelon of hell was this nasty creature condemned?