PDA

View Full Version : Everybody relax...It will be ok...

taustin
12th Mar 2016, 00:29
I checked on other forums and Morten and others from I/O are aware of the server issues, and if you bought the full experience you will have to wait...You will get one episode a month for a total of 6 by the end of 2016...The nice thing about this release is that it will be ever changing and always evolving...So all the issues people have now can be patched throughout the year. This will be exciting times to be a fan...Maybe not right now but later down the road I/O, with a few tweaks here and there...This could be the best Hitman yet?

bigsnappax
12th Mar 2016, 00:43
i just wish they would make a note or put something up about this issue... geez, thought the problem was on my end, restarted and hard rebooted my system 3 times...

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 00:45
Yeah, I think 99.9% of people are well aware that Hitman is episodic. It's been stated, addressed, argued and complained about for quite some time now. Good to know they're aware of the server issues. Hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow.

It would be nice if they made a public statement acknowledging their awareness to us. Is their PR manager on vacation or something?

taustin
12th Mar 2016, 00:51
It is affecting all platforms, but everybody needs to realize this is a huge undertaking...They knew this going in...Because everything is live now...You can have contracts pop in at a moments notice now.

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 00:55
Please, don't make excuses for developers in 2016. I love and respect IO Interactive, but if you can't properly anticipate server connectivity on launch day, you need a huge wake up call.

taustin
12th Mar 2016, 01:13
Yes but not knowing or anticipating the levels and connections of gamers globally, it could be a problem...This could be something they never anticipated ...This is uncharted waters for them...I don't know of a recent game I/O has...that is server based?

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 01:17
It's common sense. When you have a game that is heavily reliant on server connectivity, you make necessary preparations.

taustin
12th Mar 2016, 01:25
To be honest, I think money could be an issue this time around, but if they get enough money from us now , they can acquire enough resources to fix the game later...I am talking season 2, to get everything I believe in working order and a surplus of money . Square Enix I feel is watching in the shadows this time...To see if Hitman is worth backing?

fnhuege
12th Mar 2016, 01:36
Yo...just to jump in...GTA did the same **** online. I'm not quite sure what these developers are anticipating (or lack there of) but when you release a fun/interesting looking game people want it. Especially with the online features.

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 01:48
Yo...just to jump in...GTA did the same **** online. I'm not quite sure what these developers are anticipating (or lack there of) but when you release a fun/interesting looking game people want it. Especially with the online features.

Amen!

JVAprive
12th Mar 2016, 06:00
It's understandable they need our money.... But would be nice if we get something back.... Like extra stuff in the future... Cause This is far from fair....

Immadummee
12th Mar 2016, 08:00
Please, don't make excuses for developers in 2016. I love and respect IO Interactive, but if you can't properly anticipate server connectivity on launch day, you need a huge wake up call.

Sorry but you can't anticipate server issues. Ubisoft did 1 alpha and 2 beta releases for the division, broke over 6 million people during that time, had everything run smoothly, then day 1 was a mess and servers were down and overloaded and such. They have done maintenance 2 or 3 times already and had a power outage too and the game came out on Tuesday March 8th.

Gta 5 on ps4/xb1 was fine. When it went online, it couldn't handle anything and there was severe lag for everyone for several weeks, if not months.

That's just the nature of the beast. But you can't anticipate anything until it happens.

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 14:50
Sorry but you can't anticipate server issues.

Sorry, but you can.

JesseJay00
12th Mar 2016, 15:02
I agree with the OP. People calm down. It was announced months ago the game is episodic and that they have a full years worth of content. Each month we'll be getting something and you could've just bought episode 1 alone so stop the *****ing. My only complaint is that episode 1 is kinda short but I'm assuming it's mainly for people to test out and get a feel before the remaining episodes. The server issue is really irritating though. 2 betas for what?

NickWitucki
12th Mar 2016, 15:17
Sorry but you can't anticipate server issues. Ubisoft did 1 alpha and 2 beta releases for the division, broke over 6 million people during that time, had everything run smoothly, then day 1 was a mess and servers were down and overloaded and such. They have done maintenance 2 or 3 times already and had a power outage too and the game came out on Tuesday March 8th.

Gta 5 on ps4/xb1 was fine. When it went online, it couldn't handle anything and there was severe lag for everyone for several weeks, if not months.

That's just the nature of the beast. But you can't anticipate anything until it happens.

Server issues I am fine with. What I am not fine with is the utterly bone-headed decision to make single player content (including things as basic as getting a rating for a mission) to require online connectivity to work. This BS of requiring online connectivity for single player content needs to die.

On the bright side with an episodic release like this SE can fix these issues and make the online connection for online content only and still let us get the full single player experience offline. If not they're going to join ubisoft and rockstar on my list of publishers I will never purchase from again and I suggest you do likewise.

Lolkorp
12th Mar 2016, 15:36
I checked on other forums and Morten and others from I/O are aware of the server issues, and if you bought the full experience you will have to wait...You will get one episode a month for a total of 6 by the end of 2016...The nice thing about this release is that it will be ever changing and always evolving...So all the issues people have now can be patched throughout the year. This will be exciting times to be a fan...Maybe not right now but later down the road I/O, with a few tweaks here and there...This could be the best Hitman yet?

YES...

If they added money back in, for upgrades & weapons. (they can keep that unlock system so you still have to buy the unlockable weapons) BUT I REALLY DO HOPE THE UNLOCKS ARE UNLOCKED FOR THE ENTIRE GAME, NOT EACH MISSION SEPERATE. CAUSE OTHERWISE I WILL LOSE IT.

And if they add the damm briefcase back in where EVERYONE is asking for.

And also.. get rid of that stupid internet connection which is needed to play the game "offline,online,offline,online,online" i dont know.. this game is singe player, you shouldn't need internet at all! + you wouldn't have people b*ching about the servers ;)

How can you create such a fun experience, but just **** all over the game-engine with the way you progress ??? Which bassicly makes the hitman games well.. replayable & fun.

I really want to know the person who is to blame for all this.. Those choices.. dam. They had the perfect game! 'Hitman blood money'
Why do they always want to be too much inovative.. If it's perfect don't fix it.. damm now i(or we) need to wait another 5 years before we get the perfect hitman game.

But tbh.. The game is great. It's incredible fun. But such wasted potential everywhere! I really tought this would be THE comeback. let's just hope they can re-design this game before the end of 2016. For now it's average compared to blood money.
But it's already better than absolution so.. yeay i guess?

Driber
12th Mar 2016, 16:05
Please, don't make excuses for developers in 2016.

Because in 2015 it was okay?