PDA

View Full Version : Off to a rocky start then?

kaneten
12th Mar 2016, 00:21
Now, we’ve always said we won’t put anything out until it’s ready. That means what we release has to hit the quality level you have come to expect from a HITMAN game. [x (https://hitman.com/news/hitman-new-year-update#)]

Well, from what I've read, this has turned out to be another lie.

I thought I'd have a look on Steam, and have noticed the same issues cropping up again and again, most notably freezes and, more worryingly, the pressure to keep the game online. Wasn't it clearly stated that the full episodes would not be "always online"? Or are we accepting them arbitrarily slashing features when you lose your connection to the point of interfering with a single-player experience? Even if I wanted to support this, I actually can't, because my Australian internet is too unreliable to play an always-online single-player game.

Who decides these ridiculously anti-consumer things? Just a friendly reminder that that kind of stuff doesn't happen on pirated versions of games; this is unique to people who pay for games. You're hurting the people who are actively supporting you.

Thank God for critic and user reviews, eh?