PDA

View Full Version : Did I really just pay $60.00 for one episode?

JoFoSho
11th Mar 2016, 23:31
What in the actual F**K! I quote Square Enix "What we release on March 11th is not the full game. It’s a sizeable chunk of it." A sizeable chunk is one episode! Are you kidding me?! No where does it say one episode. Another quote "On top of that, we’re going for a new release model where we put out a good chunk of the game when it begins and then release the remaining locations over time." A good chunk of the game is one episode. Unbelievable, I'll take a refund and wait for the the full release.

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/important-release-news
https://hitman.com/en-us/news/hitman-q-a

RushXX
12th Mar 2016, 00:24
Yes you did:
And your information is old https://hitman.com/news/hitman-new-year-update
Quote: HITMAN will still launch on March 11th and that initial launch will include the Prologue and the Paris location.

The big change is that the next location, set in Italy, will now release in April and then Morocco will release in May. From there we will keep monthly content updates coming, including the three additional locations we have already announced; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. The weekly live events and additional planned content will give you plenty to do in the time between location releases.

Valenka
12th Mar 2016, 00:40
I don't mean to be insensitive, but people have no right to be mad when they made no effort to stay informed about the state of the game.

JVAprive
12th Mar 2016, 06:08
Yes you did:
And your information is old https://hitman.com/news/hitman-new-year-update
Quote: HITMAN will still launch on March 11th and that initial launch will include the Prologue and the Paris location.

The big change is that the next location, set in Italy, will now release in April and then Morocco will release in May. From there we will keep monthly content updates coming, including the three additional locations we have already announced; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. The weekly live events and additional planned content will give you plenty to do in the time between location releases.

Plenty to do ? You for real ? With those servers you can't do **** in ofline mode.... You can't even load your save game... Last game I bought from Square Enix...

Agarwel_Idiriz
14th Mar 2016, 10:26
Did I really just pay $60.00 for one episode?
No. You paid for all the episodes and these will be released over time.

MikeKilledSquareEnix
14th Mar 2016, 15:27
I don't mean to be insensitive, but people have no right to be mad when they made no effort to stay informed about the state of the game.

very very wrong.

i bet you like the hulk movie.

NIKOMOU
14th Mar 2016, 18:25
How is he wrong in any way? If you did not want a game that was episodic you shouldn't have bought it, Square Enix made it very clear that's how the game was going to be. Hats of to another idiot.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
14th Mar 2016, 18:42
calling him an idiot for not knowing the format for the game he had already pre-ordered had changed???? did Square send an email to everyone who pre-ordered???? hes got a right to be alittle upset, i would be too if i paid 60 bucks and thought i was getting a "good chunk" aka Half of a game only to get an appetizer and some water....a GREAT appetizer but an appetizer none the less lol.

this is what happens when you dont have an etched in stone plan of release. people get confused...people lose money....people get pissed off. to be honest, i think Square should go ahead and release the second episode ASAP because this could potentially be very bad for the company if they dont do something. i dont recall ever seeing a release this skrewd up on so many levels lol.

GUILT TRIPPING YOU UNTIL YOU RELEASE EPISODE 2, SQUARE ENIX. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Greig91
14th Mar 2016, 19:25
@DIEFROMTHECRABZ

Actually the pre-orders were cancelled automatically when the release format changed, so they didn't bait and switch. He had to have pre-ordered after the change.

It is Square's fault for not being clearer however. The only way people could know this game's release plan was by checking the news section of the official site, or by stumbling across an article that regurgitated said news. There was no indication in any of the marketing.

Also the PR has been terrible from day one regarding what we would actually receive in each episode. Even among those who understood that the release had changed to fully episodic, many still believed that there would be multiple maps and missions per "sandbox location". And I don't blame them, because quite frankly "sandbox location" is the most idiotic example of management speak I have ever heard. It was either unbelievably stupid, or deliberately misleading. I think it was the former.

DIEFROMTHECRABZ
14th Mar 2016, 19:55
well these are HUGE locations.....would you rather them say Wide Open Sandbox????? Open World Sandbox???? its Sandbox format....and its a location....this is fine lol.

the only way they can fix these issues and make it up to us is to give us Sapienza FOR FREE.