PDA

View Full Version : No point shooting?

FMC993
11th Mar 2016, 23:03
Hey, I'm hoping I'm just being stupid but I can't seem to activate point shooting.

I'm really hoping this hasn't been removed, the game already feels really stripped down as it is.

Can somebody explain if point shooting is possible and how to activate it if so?

Immadummee
11th Mar 2016, 23:15
I don't think it's in the game. But I think that's a good thing. It made the game too easy. So now that instinct has been changed the way it is now, it works better this way.

FMC993
12th Mar 2016, 15:06
I don't think it's in the game. But I think that's a good thing. It made the game too easy. So now that instinct has been changed the way it is now, it works better this way.

If you felt it made the game too easy then you could've opted not to use it. Simply removing it means anyone who enjoyed playing with it no longer has the option to do so.

It's just another thing to add to the list of features cut out of this game. I knew I should've waited until the game was "fully" released. This is just early access.

Immadummee
12th Mar 2016, 16:18
If you felt it made the game too easy then you could've opted not to use it. Simply removing it means anyone who enjoyed playing with it no longer has the option to do so.

It's just another thing to add to the list of features cut out of this game. I knew I should've waited until the game was "fully" released. This is just early access.

That's not using any logic with your argument. Simply by "not using it" doesn't cut it. With any developer, I'm sure they didn't want to compromise the integrity of their game. Cuz by your logic, it's like saying the game should have a god mode and one should not use it if they choose not to. But again, it's about the integrity of the game. The devs want you to play it how they see fit and what they feel is challenging. It forces you to try another tactic instead of relying on a mechanic that gets you out of a jam.

FMC993
12th Mar 2016, 16:49
That's not using any logic with your argument. Simply by "not using it" doesn't cut it. With any developer, I'm sure they didn't want to compromise the integrity of their game. Cuz by your logic, it's like saying the game should have a god mode and one should not use it if they choose not to. But again, it's about the integrity of the game. The devs want you to play it how they see fit and what they feel is challenging. It forces you to try another tactic instead of relying on a mechanic that gets you out of a jam.

I don't play games for a challenge, I play them for fun. If I want to walk into a room and drop everybody before they realise what happened then I should be allowed to do that. I'm challenged enough at work during the day, I don't need that at home too.

If you want a challenge, then you can opt to change the settings and turn off those features. By removing them, it's taking the choice away from those who would opt to use those mechanics.

MolonLave
12th Mar 2016, 21:34
While I know it's not really feasible for games like this, I'd normally say this is where the modding community comes in. Modder friendly developers tend to leave a lasting legacy with their games. I agree with FMC on this point. While Absolution had its many shortcomings, they gave players the option to play on easy mode and wreak havoc, or purist mode where everything was disabled. I personally have played through every Hitman title striving for Silent Assassin, however I always enjoyed having the option to just say **** it and go ham on NPCs. Games as a rule shouldn't really restrict or punish the player without option, as they are a means of entertainment which we pay for.

Immadummee
13th Mar 2016, 00:49
I don't play games for a challenge, I play them for fun. If I want to walk into a room and drop everybody before they realise what happened then I should be allowed to do that. I'm challenged enough at work during the day, I don't need that at home too.

If you want a challenge, then you can opt to change the settings and turn off those features. By removing them, it's taking the choice away from those who would opt to use those mechanics.

Has hardly to do with the challenge than it has to do with the integrity of the game. If you're not willing to put the work behind playing it, maybe you shouldn't play it and find another game. Unfortunely that's how they want it cuz it takes away from the integrity of the game.

As i said, why not have a god mode then and turn it on when you're too lazy to pass a part. Again, integrity. You don't just add things just for the heck of it. You do it for a reason. And the reason isn't good enough for this game since they tweaked instinct and the disguise system.

Sure it was a fun little thing to use as I used it too in absolution, but again, it's what the devs thought took away from the integrity of the game and I agree with it. It's not just about turning things on or off.

FMC993
13th Mar 2016, 16:31
Has hardly to do with the challenge than it has to do with the integrity of the game. If you're not willing to put the work behind playing it, maybe you shouldn't play it and find another game. Unfortunely that's how they want it cuz it takes away from the integrity of the game.

As i said, why not have a god mode then and turn it on when you're too lazy to pass a part. Again, integrity. You don't just add things just for the heck of it. You do it for a reason. And the reason isn't good enough for this game since they tweaked instinct and the disguise system.

Sure it was a fun little thing to use as I used it too in absolution, but again, it's what the devs thought took away from the integrity of the game and I agree with it. It's not just about turning things on or off.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say integrity. It's a game. They removed a mechanic that I found really fun, the sole purpose of a game is to provide fun. If you want a challenge then you should be able to change the difficulty level which would disable those fun mechanics.

47 is supposed to be an expert assassin. He should be able to walk into a room and drop a group of people before they even know he's there. When I play an RPG I expect to be able to role play.

Unfortunately I already purchased the full experience so I can't really do much about it at this stage, however I won't be purchasing any more products from SE in future until I inspect them more thoroughly.

Also - I don't think they removed it to make the game more difficult, I think they were too lazy to put it in. It's not the only feature that's missing.

Ledzeppelinriff
14th Mar 2016, 16:24
I hate that I can shoot Dalia in the chest with a sniper rifle and she runs away. Developers, talk to metal gear solid devs and they'll explain bullets to you.