PDA

View Full Version : First reviews in - Gamespot gave it 7, while Absolutions gets 7.5

Panmisiek
10th Mar 2016, 13:40
Another misstep IO, as I said earlier I am not surprised a bit.

"What the hell we did wrong this time..."

I dont think you care about the reviews, and yet going to care about what I am gonna say, but let me tell you...

The game is unfinished, with new maps released every month. This is the very first time I buying game like that, to be honest it should be called early access rather than finished game, but this "minor" issue doesnt affect my score so lets say about things that matter:

This game feels like amputated version of BM in many ways, such as Absolution.

1. No loadout screens with weapon and gear unlocked as you complete missions.
2. No newspaper news after missions
3. Disguise still broken (if you shoot someone from hiding, you will get spotted if you come out)

Actually refer to my previous post IO. There is a nice long list of your fails. Cba repeting myself.

One I know for sure, critics already started slamming you and tomorrow customers.

Its not the point to make a game better than Absolution, the point is to make it better than Blood Money.

I was saying that for the last couple months. But...I guess IO its not ambitious at all.

Tickle_Monster
10th Mar 2016, 13:55
To be given a lower score than Absolution is not a very good start at all. :( Absolution was absolute bum!

Tickle_Monster
10th Mar 2016, 13:58
To be given a lower score than Absolution is not a very good start at all. :( Absolution was absolute bum!

I'm looking at all the review scores and they are all scoring the game lower than Absolution and saying it isn't like Blood Money or as good as Blood Money. :eek:

semajmarc87
10th Mar 2016, 18:08
Can't say I'm surprised.

Hitman 6

Xbox One - 80.00% (2 reviews)
PlayStation 4 - 77.23% (13 reviews)
PC - 75.00% (1 review)

Hitman: Absolution

PlayStation 3 - 84.83% (21 reviews)
Xbox 360 - 79.29% (46 reviews)
PC - 76.13% (15 reviews)

P.S. Like I said before. A game that really is a "true Hitman experience" wouldn't have felt the need to call itself [CAPS LOCK] HITMAN to try to prove it. It would have let the game itself do the proving.

monkeysaur
10th Mar 2016, 19:39
They didn't listen and went for player triggered events again, instead of the clockwork model of Blood Money, which is what everyone has been crying out for.

Hey IO, Let me know when you are making a game like Blood Money again.

Until then, I'm out.

semajmarc87
10th Mar 2016, 21:06
They didn't listen and went for player triggered events again, instead of the clockwork model of Blood Money, which is what everyone has been crying out for.

Until then, I'm out.

Just get Alekhine's Gun. It's pure classic stealth!

IamRahx
10th Mar 2016, 22:40
I'm waiting for Alekhine's Gun to hit PC to post anything about it.
However, thus far it has had really bad review scores. One of the largest is the lack of options and outdated feel.
I don't know enough yet so I won't comment too much.

semajmarc87
11th Mar 2016, 01:51
I'm waiting for Alekhine's Gun to hit PC to post anything about it.
However, thus far it has had really bad review scores. One of the largest is the lack of options and outdated feel.
I don't know enough yet so I won't comment too much.

Seriously, ignore the bad reviews for Alekhine's Gun.

I've been playing it for days now and I can easily say this is the best pure classic stealth game that has been made in many years. There haven't been many reviews of the game, but most of them have been very negative. They are by people who flat-out don't understand this genre. But the important question is, will you like this game. Let me put it this way, if you love pure classic stealth games that feel like they're from 2000-2006 then you will think this game is spectacular. If you don't like pure classic stealth games, then this game probably won't appeal to you. This game was designed for a very specific niche of gamers.

As I've played it more and more, I found myself forgetting that I was playing a game that was released less than a week ago. I seriously feel like I've gone back in time. Some of it has to do with the fact that the graphics in this game are basically equivalent to upscaled PS2 graphics. But I actually enjoy that. It really helps gives it that beloved nostalgic pure classic stealth vibe.

People have called the game a "Hitman ripoff." This game is very immersive, and in fairness I did actually find myself unintentionally forgetting that I wasn't playing an early Hitman game. By the same token, this game wasn't just a pure copy and paste job. It is it's own game and it is amazing. The atmosphere and soundtrack remind me of early Hitman and Splinter Cell games. The game seemed to borrow some elements from early Splinter Cell games too.

The maps are sandbox and very large and excellent for exploring. I've actually gotten lost sometimes just like the classic Hitman games. This game encourages you to experiment and use trial and error to find the best approaches. This games DOES NOT HOLD YOUR HAND. And I love that. Just like early Hitman and Splinter Cell games, you don't feel like you're being forced towards an objective and that the game is trying to rush you through. In Alekhine's Gun, you can take your time and just observe your surroundings. Move at your own pace and use your wits to come up with the best approach.

I have much more to say about this game, but I could go on forever.

Don't fret about Hitman 6 or Splinter Cell 7. Go out and buy Alekhine's Gun for the pure classic stealth experience we've been missing for so long. The replay value is incredible.

jimbianco
11th Mar 2016, 03:16
you're going by non-Hitman fan reviews? Any reviewer that puts Absolution above anything is not worthy of being called a reviewer. You're complaining about newspapers after the mission. They barely even exist anymore! Disguise system is fine.

jimbianco
11th Mar 2016, 03:18
stay away from Alekhine's Gun. I sold mine after one torturous playthrough. So many terrible things about it, wait til it goes on sale for 3.00. That's all it's worth. It's not pure social stealth. It's pure garbage. Looks like a ps2 game. Framerate below 10.

Panmisiek
11th Mar 2016, 04:10

Until then, I'm out.

It doesn't have to be clockwork at all. Just more realistic and unpredictable AI. And why cut all this nice features from BM for? I like to upgrade all my guns to come out guns blazing once in a while.

semajmarc87
11th Mar 2016, 04:39
stay away from Alekhine's Gun. I sold mine after one torturous playthrough. So many terrible things about it, wait til it goes on sale for 3.00. That's all it's worth. It's not pure social stealth. It's pure garbage. Looks like a ps2 game. Framerate below 10.

What part of Alekhine's Gun couldn't you handle? I actually like the old style graphics. It makes it feel more nostalgic. One thing I will agree with you on though is that some parts of the game have some frame rate hiccups. Hopefully that will be fixed in a patch. But that certainly isn't a reason to call the whole game garbage. And if you think it is, then I can't take you seriously.

MUH
11th Mar 2016, 17:42
Hah, it's epic win! FULL Absolution get 7,5 and ONE level from new Hitman get 7! Great!